Things Wrong With [Insert Nation Here]

Chase

Things Wrong With America

- It's possible to own an Escalade, an iPhone, high-speed internet, a two-story home, multiple pairs of shoes or lingerie, and still be eligible for food stamps.

- If you don't have the same views on something as the instructor, even if you have logical reasoning and all the work you would need to have on the page, you're at risk to fail.

- Those in poverty tend to weigh more than those with wealth.

- The Tale of Two People and Tolerance - One has no tolerance for things that don't hurt that person at all, and the other promotes tolerance for everything.

- Celebrities are either impervious or frail in the public arena, depending on who or what they associate with.

- It's not Freedom unless you can take it away from someone else.

- To be a "Rebel" is to be a conformist.

- The worst crime of the land? Not murder. Not rape. Not theft. Not embezzlement. - Offending someone.

- Criminals may as well not be citizens - but taxpayers still pay for them. (The American Justice System in general.)

- Education is a business industry.

And the point of this is?

To make fair criticisms about the flaws of a country or that country's government in hopes to better understand how we can improve society or the human condition? Or we can just make fun of countries for comedy's sake.

Things wrong with Canada;

• We treated the first nations people like ass
  • We still treat them like ass
  • Quebec doesn't really get along with us
  • The education system (in my experience, the TDSB sucks and universities are money grubbers)
  • Justin Bieber

Things wrong with Australia-

Animals want you dead

Locals want you dead

Environment wants you dead

Weather wants you dead

Everything wants you dead

We don't want you dead...

One thing that is wrong with Australia is that our prime minister is an idiot who doesn't believe in climate change

Another thing wrong with Canada:

Our "democratic" voting system is broken. Harper got just over a third of the votes in Saskatchewan, but his party got all the Saskatchewan votes because of the split votes among the other two parties.

The point of this thread when I made was just to see what everyone in the community has seen in their day-to-day lives. Not everyone is an American and thus not everyone is going to have the same problems with how their country or it's governing bodies operate. This isn't a rally for change because quite frankly some things are going to be disagreed with by...a MAJORITY of you and it would be ineffective here. :)

Politically, I am actually a "Moderate" (which means in some communities I either look somewhat Liberal to very Conservative depending on others' point of view.)

Liberal Ideas I can get behind:

- Changing the American Justice System in a manner that treats ALL citizens as innocent until proven guilty AND in a majority of our smaller cases, human beings who are trying to rejoin society when they are released from incarceration. The death penalty, if it has to exist at all, is something I am a huge advocate in minimizing nationwide. Furthermore, we need to invest the tax dollars we DO pay to criminals into their long-term return to the outside - instead of merely keeping them in years worth of time-out and sending them without any hope back into the streets where they will inevitably be re-arrested. Conservatives far too often side with the victims, while Liberals focus their efforts elsewhere, but hold the defendant in higher esteem.

- Sparing the student in as many education costs as possible so that a college education is more accessible. It -shouldn't- be a business.

- Making food cheaper or more available to those in need without requiring them to apply for government programs. (I.e. working with farmers and businesses to provide for those who have less and compensating them in return in the form of taxpayer dollars we get back from no longer needing to pay students thousands of dollars for an education.

- Managing the Military budget so that instead of laying off soldiers who do important jobs, we aren't investing in as many pointless endeavors using their deserved earnings. (not a fully Liberal pursuit, because the other goal I would have here is to keep the military as large as possible.)

Conservative Ideas on this list:

- Rectifying the usage of the word "Tolerance" - It's a Liberal buzzword that is often blown to a proportion where we're talking about tolerating a National Security issue in the future. There are things that as Americans, we should indeed live and let live, but not everything. (On the flip side, Conservative thinkers need to -also- think about some of the things that don't apply to them at all and have no risk of ever doing so.)

- The only place the defendant gets an "equal" shot at justice in America is if that defendant is "Famous" or rich, (and, yea Neo, of a lighter complexion. That is definitely the case and it's definitely wrong.). I -do- believe in things like influencing the "entertainment industries" to add additional consequences to any high-profile defendant. We shouldn't be encouraging the idea of ballplayers or actresses getting off with crime scot-free. (The case is different with high-profile "religious" figures, such as Tim Tebow or Christian book authors. Many folks on both sides of the political spectrum cry for those figures to be (pun intended) crucified, and it often damages their reputation for a good long while. People also need to know that everyone sins, and as such, we can forgive our brothers and sisters too.)

- The "Indoctrination" argument. Many Liberals rally behind the buzz-term "open-mind" too. Due to being the group who's party is the party-in-power as of late, they get the dishonor of being the culprits on this list today - but right-wingers are guilty of this as well under a similar circumstance. I don't care if your university claims it's a liberal arts university. If you can't present an argument (only using this for example purposes) to your Atheist professor and expect to pass based on the work you put in making the argument due to the instructor's bias ALONE. You are -not- getting a liberal arts education. This goes to the extent of only one form of creation (Evolution/Big Bang) being taught in science courses instead of all possible options (as Evolution and the Big Bang are just well substantiated theories.) in the public school system. Indoctrination is a problem because if you choose to teach people - especially our children - of one viewpoint. You are denying them the right to make their own decisions about the world around them.

All of that to say, there's problems with the country all over the spectrum and all over the demographic and due to being in the middle of the spectrum, I can see all of the flaws for what they are. I guess I'm a bit prideful in that, but it means nothing unless people -do- make efforts to solve all of the problems on my list.

• Global Mods

On Earth I live in the U.S., but Hilda and a few others here have pretty much covered the major flaws of that and I have nothing original to add, so I'll just do Earth. I should probably explain that I think Earth isn't real and the planet we came from before going here and return to after Earth is our real home.

Things Wrong With Earth

-Peoples' age is defined by how many years they've been in this simulation, and not their actual soul. The same can be said about gender, although people have become more aware of that topic lately.

-Earth is considered "the real world"

-Some people actually have malicious intentions, and some other people don't realize that the intent to do harm is just as bad as actually doing it, even if the person doesn't follow through with it or is stopped before they get the chance

-Schools in general don't offer much for varying learning styles.

-During the time spent on Earth, there are permanent disorders, disabilities, illnesses, etc.

-There are germs.

-The method of giving birth makes no sense whatsoever (neither does menstruation).

-Basic human rights and decency needs to be fought for in many parts of Earth for some groups of people.

-People think anyone can be strong. Kids need adults and bigger kids to help with some activities and extra affection. They can't get through all difficulties on their own. (they will however always receive the help they need) This ties back to how people on Earth view age. Also the "starving children in Africa" mentality that doesn't acknowledge while people there are all strong, people in parts of Earth with better living conditions are all varying levels of inner power.

-Some people can get away with being rotten, and some people get punished for things they never did.

-People make these completely insane stories about things that don't exist outside a disturbed person's fantasies (yanderes, children being hurt or tortured, people being eaten etc.)

I'm sure I didn't manage to get even half of everything.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Things wrong with Canada;

• We treated the first nations people like ass
  • We still treat them like ass
  • Quebec doesn't really get along with us (this is their fault, really -Shanco)
  • The education system (in my experience, the TDSB sucks and universities are money grubbers)
  • Justin Bieber

A good start. But allow me to expand...

• Our men's soccer team is garbage (for good reason I guess)
  • Political parties spend more money attacking each other over the smallest crap than they do fixing the real problems
  • too many of the big iconic Canadian companies let themselves be sold to the Americans (coughtimhortonscough)
  • The phone company that has a monopoly over Canadian landline phone service sends all their customer service calls to an office in India that has no fluent English or French speaking employees
  • the largest province's government and the companies it owns are corrupt beyond belief (though things are getting better)
  • The vast majority our recent "top" musicians have ended up being a stain on the country's image
  • when touring we get bunched in with Americans and thus looked upon with rather undeserved disgust
  • Our age of consent laws are weird as hell
  • We don't do much to disprove Canadian stereotypes; calling an American a "fucking asshole" would be progress

On Earth I live in the U.S., but Hilda and a few others here have pretty much covered the major flaws of that and I have nothing original to add, so I'll just do Earth. I should probably explain that I think Earth isn't real and the planet we came from before going here and return to after Earth is our real home.

Things Wrong With Earth

-Peoples' age is defined by how many years they've been in this simulation, and not their actual soul. The same can be said about gender, although people have become more aware of that topic lately.

-Earth is considered "the real world"

-Some people actually have malicious intentions, and some other people don't realize that the intent to do harm is just as bad as actually doing it, even if the person doesn't follow through with it or is stopped before they get the chance

-Schools in general don't offer much for varying learning styles.

-During the time spent on Earth, there are permanent disorders, disabilities, illnesses, etc.

-There are germs.

-The method of giving birth makes no sense whatsoever (neither does menstruation).

-Basic human rights and decency needs to be fought for in many parts of Earth for some groups of people.

-People think anyone can be strong. Kids need adults and bigger kids to help with some activities and extra affection. They can't get through all difficulties on their own. (they will however always receive the help they need) This ties back to how people on Earth view age. Also the "starving children in Africa" mentality that doesn't acknowledge while people there are all strong, people in parts of Earth with better living conditions are all varying levels of inner power.

-Some people can get away with being rotten, and some people get punished for things they never did.

-People make these completely insane stories about things that don't exist outside a disturbed person's fantasies (yanderes, children being hurt or tortured, people being eaten etc.)

I'm sure I didn't manage to get even half of everything.

Are you ok?

Edited by DarkSpite

• Global Mods

Are you ok?

My mind/body/emotions/brain/entire being literally stopped maturing around 12-14, and someone I know stopped maturing sooner than that. Kids can't be tortured because those "kids" are tough adults who haven't yet reached Earth's physical adult development stage. Kids can be shot at home (they can be in the military and fight), but they're hurt by it a lot less than adults because of a protective layer that recedes inward as people age, so it's strongest in kids. Even then they'd have people taking care of them pretty much immediately. On Earth, people have eaten other people, but that would never happen in the real world. It would be physically impossible to even lose a part of your body. Last year, I had a vision where my Earth life had ended and a person dressed like a doctor was transferring my soul from my Earth body back to my real one.

That's as much detail as I'll go into here about this, because I don't want to drag the thread off-topic + I have 0 warning points. If you want to respond, you can PM me.

More things wrong with America:

Obama/ any president isn't as awesome as the King of Sweden

30i4Zsv.jpg

viHISKo.jpg

We Americans are sorry that our president isn't as cool as the king of Sweeden.

Another problem with America is our Electoral College, it takes away any decision that the people make and makes it's own choice. Essentially we don't really have a choice on who we want as president, it's all a suggestion