So I've been doing my mono-run, a Dark one actually, and been thinking "hey, I better save that focus sash instead of using it on Garchomp, I need it for the damn PULSE Abra"

I didn't know it got nerf-ed really bad

back in E.14, it spam me with Dark Pulse, and use Focus Blast to destroy my other Pokemon with such high damage and no miss

I only managed to win with Swagger+Aqua Jet and lots of priority move

but now?

It pretty much spam Hyper Beam, giving you 1 turn to attack it and beat it down. where you can just Beat Down/any dark-type move then use Priority move like Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet to damage it again

Pretty sure PULSE Abra only knows Hyper Beam and Dark Pulse as of E14, if not earlier..

And yeah, the AI checks whether it can use a move that does either neutral or super effective damage (not 100% of the time, mind you), and makes choices accordingly.

• Administrators

the hyper beam spam was the idea for this fight anyway. dark pulse is only there for your ghosts. so it sounds like it's working properly.

the fact that it spammed dark pulse in the first place was a bug.

Let's be realistic here: some fights are going to be easier than others with mono-runs. With the mono-Dark run, you might have an edge against PULSE Abra, but the chips'll be down when you fight other worthwhile fights such as Adrienn and Samson. Speedy fighting types like Blaziken and Mienshao rip Dark-types to pieces. Abra not having Focus Blast isn't going to really change the pace of the battle.

This hardly constitutes being a game changer, though. Fight seems to be working as intended.

I dunno bout Adrienn, considering that we got Bisharp ready when it come(just hope HP Fighting will be everywhere), alongside fighting Samson when we got Sableye/Spiritomb, but I get your point

Still, its pretty anti-climatic, considering just how hard it used to be(thank you bug)

i kinda hope Ame will give Pulse!Abra focus blast to make it harder

I dunno bout Adrienn, considering that we got Bisharp ready when it come(just hope HP Fighting will be everywhere), alongside fighting Samson when we got Sableye/Spiritomb, but I get your point

Still, its pretty anti-climatic, considering just how hard it used to be(thank you bug)

Adrienn will likely have HP Ground nearly everywhere when we fight xyr because Ground kills both of fairy's weaknesses, along with a bit of HP Fire in case you hacked in a Skarm or have an air balloon.

I just hope he'll be gentle for my first time ._.

Kiki already have me retrying like 30 time before I give up and catch a Murkrow, and Noel have me retrying like 10 time since Swellow somehow flinch my Malamar with U-turn(I mean, is that even possible???)

Definitely not, no. That Swellow is holding a Flame Orb to activate Guts, and there's no field effect from Grassy Terrain that would otherwise cause flinches. That's very strange.

the hyper beam spam was the idea for this fight anyway. dark pulse is only there for your ghosts. so it sounds like it's working properly.

the fact that it spammed dark pulse in the first place was a bug.

Aw, but Hakai Kousen Hyper Beam spam makes it so easy!

Edited by Foamy

Definitely not, no. That Swellow is holding a Flame Orb to activate Guts, and there's no field effect from Grassy Terrain that would otherwise cause flinches. That's very strange.

Actually that Swellow is holding a King's Rock. I remember seeing that somewhere in a thread.

I mean, that Abra is out of control. It does make sense that it always goes for the Hyper Beam. It doesn't want to weaken your pokes, the Abra wants them to disappear from his face. So, it goes for the strongest attack it can think too.

Maybe Ame could give it Scrappy, and then it always spam Hyper Beam.

"cough"Crobat"cough"

I see Klefki everywhere.

It does. I'm convinced Swellow either has a Toxic or Flame Orb to abuse Guts and Facade with.

While I'm also pretty sure that this is the case, I must remind everyone that moves like U-Turn/Volt Switch have various bugs related to it. This could be one of them (U-Turns into Cinccino, and Cinccino's item activates. Just a guess).

the strange part is, that actually happen ._.

Flinched my Malamar and #RECK the whole team from sudden flinch

While I'm also pretty sure that this is the case, I must remind everyone that moves like U-Turn/Volt Switch have various bugs related to it. This could be one of them (U-Turns into Cinccino, and Cinccino's item activates. Just a guess).

I see, thanks bug for making me replay like 10 time :v

I mean, that Abra is out of control. It does make sense that it always goes for the Hyper Beam. It doesn't want to weaken your pokes, the Abra wants them to disappear from his face. So, it goes for the strongest attack it can think too.
Maybe Ame could give it Scrappy, and then it always spam Hyper Beam.

That will work actually