Whose Your Ace?

Raviel the Phantom

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have restared reborn for like 5 times, and in all my save files I still haven't seen something that hits harder than an adaptability crabhammer from crawdaunt. (against Ciel it literally took down talonflame, archeops and gliscor alone with aqua jet and crabhammer, it's a powerhouse)

Hariyama for me. Assuming I can get something else to set up for him, all he needs is a belly drum and all will bow to him. His bulk allows him to survive some serious blows and still come back and kick butt.

In my new file, Kricketune is the hardest hitter on my team, but the size of problems (weaknesses, things resistant to him, missing), makes him likely to get replaced in the future. ATM, however, he is doing really well.

What I love about Pokemon is that there's always a new Pokemon that shows itself to be awesome and amazing in some way. Whilst I love Nidoking, Gardevoir and a few other Pokemon, I always find myself using something new and interesting which works wonders like Clefable or Yanmega.

My ace is probably Yakuza, my Greninja since he got me out of many horrible situations though his moves are a bit of lack-luster right now. However, my Arcanine Lionqueen can also be my ace because of her amazing versatility.

Typhlosion. Eruption has gotten me through most of the gyms after my Typhlosion learned it.

Also my Emolga is HAX GOD. I beat the PULSE Swalot by using Nuzzle, getting three full para's in a row, and spamming Electro Ball.

Edited by nsbwinner2

Ampharos is awesome with it's special attack moves... Then it saved my skin who knows how many times in boss battles. All the future gym leaders, beware of the thunder! Now if I can get my hands on that mega stone...

Another ace runner up is Torterra, but I couldn't even use him to fight Ciel, nor could I even hope to beat up water types before their ice moves come to play, but my starter has his proud moments of course like surviving the heat.

On my current playthrough, my Greninja(named Strident) and Typhlosion(Dynamite) are my major muscle. The rest of my team rotates regularly but one of those two are must haves.

Though I gotta give it up for my Emolga(Kite), he just landed me a victory against Ciel. Idk why but Emolga always ends up like my team mascot who even late game still manages to pull off some awesome moments.

Oh man, can't forget Arbok either. Arbok gets slept on a lot like many poison types but he's been such a lifesaver despite falling behind on levels(Ciel forced me to get him up back to speed, thank ame for the color wheel game). Intimidate, glare, and acid spray can cripple troublesome opponents.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• 1 month later...

Infernape always comes through when I need him the most. Iron Fist Close Combat is VERY powerful. Fire Blast is a very powerful Fire Special Attack. Grass Knot handles various Ground Types such as Quagsire. Lastly, Mach Punch is great for ensuring KOs against weaker Pokemon. All in all, a diverse movepool and good mixed attacking stats and speed make Infernape a vary adaptable Pokemon.

EDIT: Oh now that I look at the dates on this post, this was quite old. I guess I didn't notice since I just looked at the poster above me. Sorry!

Edited by ShadowStar77

On my main file, it's gotta be Ocelot (Samurott). Once he gets a swords dance set up, he will do some major damage. Zinaida (Luxray) has her ace moments, especially when she gets burnt or poisoned, because guts is a great ability.

As for my mono dark file, it's either Zabuza (Greninja) or Deva (Honchkrow). Occasionally Noxron (Malamar) has his moments of being my ace. He was amazing against Charlotte. contrary + superpower x 4 = win.

My Ace Pokemon would probably have to be A'Tuin the Torterra and Sludgeling the Swalot (I'm surprised by this one too).

A'Tuin is a demon when it comes to killing stuff thanks to Earthquake, and now he has Wood Hammer, I can only envision it getting better. Maybe a little more speed could help, but that might make him broken :P

As for Sludgeling, she's been useful in pretty much every leader battle thanks to her Toxic, although the fight with Aya was her best moment (when her and Corey the Dusclops ran right through her single handed.) Plus she's got good defenses all around, so she can tank hits while toxic whittles everything down. Then there's yawn if she runs into a steel type.

My team is basically a case of setting up Reflect and Light Screen, then using that defence to run the opponent through with squishy, not-too-fast attackers like Granbull. So even though Bane my Meganium is the quarterback of my team, the one I can safely rely on in a pinch... most of the time... would have to be my Dusclops; Eritrea.

He's the dark horse of my team, and a superb all-rounder. His defences are extremely good, enough to ease himself in even against dangerous enemy threats. When it comes to those among them that are physically-based, Will 'o' the Wisp is an instant disable that essentially makes them meat for him. From there, either going into Hex (which deals damage easily on par with my bruisers thanks to 130 power+STAB), or using the lull in battle to heal up and rebuild the team... that's how he gets me out of the pinch. Not necessarily by coming back to down the enemies remaining by himself (although don't get me wrong, he is great at taking down a heavy hitter), but by buying me time to give myself a second wind!

I'd meant for my ace to be exploud this run, but roselia is just so much fun. I can send her in vs. p much anything and stab modest giga drain will get me out of whatever hole i'm in. plus i've got nature power for coverage.

also trubbish for mvp. he'll generally go down to whatever he faces, but the drops from acid spray mean whatever I send in next (usually roselia or loudred) ohkos and goes on to sweep. say goodbye to your breloom, flo!

Edited by doombotmecha

I have to agree with several people here. Pyroar has bailed me out of so many jams it's not even funny, Protean Greninja needs no words said for its uses... Roserade similarly is all too well-known for its abilities, and Arbok was a big surprise for me in Reborn. I'd always overlooked it, but it's pulled more than its own share of weight for me. I suppose all of my main four are my Aces. The rest of my team tends to be shuffled around a bit, but those four are my core team, the ones I've stuck with since as far back as the very first encounter with Fern.

• 2 weeks later...