Super Smash Spoilers. No seriously Spoilers.

Guzam

The leak is real. It's been dropped and confirmed hook line and sinker. Ladies and gentleman, Prease understand. It's here.

Read at your own Risk!

K so apparently this was found do to patch data info being released early in japan by mistake. Wow. Daddy Sakurai is about to whoop some ass. Reggie will fire more than just Bill this time.

well... I don't trust Leaks until they are officially confirmed... but it seems rather legit.

nevertheless

I don't like Ryu being in SmashBros. but maybe I'm just sceptical because it's somewhat Third-Party like Snake was in Brawl (where I was extremely sceptical back then)

and Roy... SERIOUSLY? ANOTHER Fire Emblem Character that is a 'clone'??? C'MON!!

Marth, Lucina and Roy... THREE characters that are essentially the same...

It was ok in Melee to have Marth and Roy... they were only two FE characters that were around outside of Japan... but now with FE's global success... we have 5 FE characters from which 3 are clones... so essentially 3 Characters...

That slot could've better be filled with the return of Snake, when they bring Ryu around and Sonic who stayed

well... I don't trust Leaks until they are officially confirmed... but it seems rather legit.

nevertheless

I don't like Ryu being in SmashBros. but maybe I'm just sceptical because it's somewhat Third-Party like Snake was in Brawl (where I was extremely sceptical back then)

and Roy... SERIOUSLY? ANOTHER Fire Emblem Character that is a 'clone'??? C'MON!!

Marth, Lucina and Roy... THREE characters that are essentially the same...

It was ok in Melee to have Marth and Roy... they were only two FE characters that were around outside of Japan... but now with FE's global success... we have 5 FE characters from which 3 are clones... so essentially 3 Characters...

That slot could've better be filled with the return of Snake, when they bring Ryu around and Sonic who stayed

Three characters who are basically the same. You mean..........

Slams hands on desk Phoenix Wright style

LIKE THE FOX, FALCO AND WOLF WERE!?

Three characters who are basically the same. You mean..........

Slams hands on desk Phoenix Wright style

LIKE THE FOX, FALCO AND WOLF WERE!?

To be fair... Wolf actually played a little different! Diagonal Claw attack and all... but yeah... I wasn't a fan of THAT either... sooo just because I didn't complained about it above, doesn't mean that I was fine with it.

You know what's a shame? How unexcited I am for these two characters.

Also, Star Wolf attacks had different properties that pretty much made him better than fox and falco. They really could've ditched falco for all I cared.

But yeah, I don't care about roy one bit.

To be fair... Wolf actually played a little different! Diagonal Claw attack and all... but yeah... I wasn't a fan of THAT either... sooo just because I didn't complained about it above, doesn't mean that I was fine with it.

Oh hehe..........sorry.

fbe.gif

I'm just gonna hold on to some small hope that Roy isn't a clone... maybe Nintendo will use their noggin and realize Lucina already occupies that role. If they just make Roy a slow and powerful Marth I'm gonna be salty

Edited by Lord_Ludo

So... Nintendo/Sakurai says that they won't include Chrom because he will be too similar to the already existing FE characters (i. e. Marth and Ike), then they bring back the OG Marth clone. *claps slowly*

I'm not too excited for Roy to be honest, but hopefully they'll change his moveset entirely. And now that I think about it, MAYBE Chrom might have an appearence as an alt costume for Roy, who knows.

As for Ryu... I'm not too sure either, but it's kind of the same situation as Snake in Brawl, like someone mentioned above.

Edited by RasenShot

Am I the only one who's extremely pumped for Roy? (And I barely even play this game...) I do hope he's not AS much of a clone, though I love him either way. Just DON'T TAKE OLD CHARACTERS OUT. That's my policy. There are people who main them, and it's annoying when your favorite character suddenly isn't in the next game. (Roy's not my favorite, but he's somebody's.) Even if he's exactly the same move-wise as he was in Melee, I'll still be happy. (I could actually see that set doing incredibly well in Sm4sh. I'd put it at the best of the three clones if so.)

Anyway...

ROY'S OUR BOY!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Ryus Ultra Smash is "Shin Shoryuken"??? WHAT???

That is KEN's Special Move!

Ryu was always about the Hadoukens and Ken was the Shoryuken-Guy...

Ryus Ultra Smash NEEDS to be "SHINKU HADOUKEN"!!!

and BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! - towards No Guile's Theme

Ryu's been about Shoryuken since the early games. Whenever he'd win in SF2, he'd always say something like "You cannot hope to defeat my Dragon Punch" - referring to Shoryuken. His ultimate technique in Marvel vs Capcom games is also Shin Shoryuken. Shoryuken has always been his best move...

As far as I can tell, Roy isnt a complete clone from what we've seen so far. His neutral B is his original one from melee instead of shield breaker. I hope there are more differences, but that's the only one I can see based off the footage alone.

Ryu's been about Shoryuken since the early games. Whenever he'd win in SF2, he'd always say something like "You cannot hope to defeat my Dragon Punch" - referring to Shoryuken. His ultimate technique in Marvel vs Capcom games is also Shin Shoryuken. Shoryuken has always been his best move...

I disagree.

I think:

Ryu = hadouken

Ken = shoryuken

Ryu was regonized for hadouken more than shoryuken as i seen in popularity.

Ken means for fist, which shoryuken is a fist move. And ken is regonized by his fire shoryken.

And in gameplay ryu's hadouken was always better than ken's one.

And ken's shoryuken was always better than ryu's one.

Well if we go after Street Fighter 4, which he is most likeles based of, because of the Focus Attack / Ink-trails... granted one of his Ultra Moves is Metsu Shoryuken... but his SUPER and his Ultra 1 ARE Hadouken - Shinkuu and Metsu Hadouken.

Ryu might be referring to his Dragon Punch as his strongest move... but it is KEN who perfected it (BURNING DRAGON PUNCH), and Ryu perfected the Hadouken!

And in SF 4 ... like WHO Chooses the Shoryuken Ultra over the Hadouken one???

Where as Ken has TWO Shoryuken Ultra / Super and one Hurricane Kick Ultra

- Super = Shoryureppa

- U1 = Shinryuken

So... yeah... Ryu IS the Hadouken Guy while Ken is the Shoryuken guy...

edit:

Shing gets it :D

Edited by Cepheus