A shiny, new, slightly gimmicky, type of run.

Marcello

• Developers

i think from where i am i will continue doing this challange

i have a shiny ekans and kricktune randomly roselia musharna and larvesta by breeding

Haha, always glad to have other people try out my idea. And a Larvesta, that's awesome. I love Reborn's Volc shiny sprite, it's so pretty. I just got stuck with boring old Sneasel.

Whoops, gave it away! Well, anyway, I have indeed been training up Mystery the Sneasel. But I did more than that. I went a bit overboard, and trained Mozilla, The Manbat, & Lucky #6 a few levels above cap so they could learn new moves, before candying them down. So now it's time to take on the Dreaded Shade, but things'll be different this time. I have a Swoobat with Psychic. I have a Delphox with Flamethrower. I have a Sneasel. And, of course, a newly evolved Nidoking with Earth Power and Poison Jab!

Team Vs Shade:

The Manbat Lv39

Mystery Lv38

Brainfreeze Lv38

Lucky #6 Lv39

Mozilla lv39

Jalapeno? Lv39

So, my plan for this battle is to wail on Corey with The Manbat, and then hope things go well from there. If that doesn't work, 'll set up both Toxic and Normal Spikes to begin with and hope the second battle goes better!

The battle opened promisingly. The Manbat got off a Calm Mind, just survived a Tbolt, and then Corey ate a Psychic. I, naiively, figured the Calm Mind boost could help ferry me through a few oneshots. It two shotted Bannette thanks to a lucky Air Slash flinch. Beign the smart fellow I am, I recall that Rotom is way tankier than I ever estimate it to begin, so he got Leech Seed stalled. During which time Jalapeno? & Lucky#6 set up all different sorts of spikes between 'em. Doublade fell quickly to an Earth Power. And HOLY CRAP HE DID NOT HAVE A TREVENANT BEFORE. Ahem, well. He used Leech Seed? Mystery honed her claws. And then mystery tore through him with a single feint attack. And Chandelure? Mystery did the exact same thing. I am SO glad I took the time to train her, that was a damn good battle, which I managed to win only on the second try. All I needed was to train up in between.

Also, what the hell up with this hax? How come Cain's Nidoking knows Earthquake, who give him the TM? >:[

On the note of asking questions, what's this Dull Key for? I tried the Move relearner's house but it didn't seem to work there.

Sadly, Mystery's lack of an evolution being available will really hinder her, so, while she will be kept trained for the eventuality a Razor Claw shows itself or a gym leader requires a second dark or ice type, she's going back to the box for Jackie Pan. Seeing as the poll is currently even, however, I WILL be keeping on The Manbat instead of UniqueTyping for the forseeable future. And with that, it's onwards!

Now, I recall this next section of the game before our next badge being awfully long. Has it always been restricted to only 5 levels? Either way, off to the Azurine Islands to rescue our damsel in distress. I smell terrorists at work.

Or not, I misremember event orders. It's still terrorists, just at a factory. And weirdly enough, this actually bloats this long stretch of plot that's still only 5 levels. Huh. Weeeelp, guess I'm off to Blackstream instead, then!

Now, as I've wandered through Blackstream, it HAS occured to me that, from the lower levels of the meteors and my team barely growing at all, maybe there's segment is fine on it's level progression, and I'm just inflating it in my mind. Enough about that though, it's battle time!

Team Vs. ZEL (3):

Jackie Pan Lv40

Mozilla Lv40

Jalapeno? Lv39

The Manbat :v40

Brainfreeze Lv39

Lucky #6 Lv40

Not only did Jackie take out Glaceon, he almost did just enough damage to make ZEL eat his potions up in the process. Good start. I'm streating how this battle ends though... Or not, he sent out Muk right away. Jalapeno? fainted trying and failing to set up seeds, but Delphox tanked a sludge wave and discharge to take him out. It was easy from there, Pan dealt with Umbreon, The Manbat dealt with Espeon, and that's another victory for me. Although while I may have lucked out with a rather balanced team, the restriction of choice is starting to hit me, difficulty is picking up, now.

Anyway, that's that for now, next time I guess it's Azurine, and perhaps some of the MANY Apophyll plot battles.

Shiny Collection:

Mozilla post-49908-0-78391700-1434377546_thumb.png Brainfreeze post-49908-0-36585200-1434377579_thumb.png Jalapeno? post-49908-0-64598100-1434377601_thumb.png

UniqueTyping post-49908-0-47545400-1434377625_thumb.png Jackie Pan post-49908-0-06260400-1434377644_thumb.png Lucky #6 post-49908-0-16212600-1434377656_thumb.png

S.Quawking post-49908-0-89307000-1434377699_thumb.png Sonicette post-49908-0-34212700-1434377719_thumb.png Dr. HAWKing post-49908-0-89307000-1434377699_thumb.png

The Manbat post-49908-0-89169300-1434377752_thumb.png Mystery post-49908-0-06077700-1434377801_thumb.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got stuck with boring old Sneasel.

I'll never look in the direction of this topic ever again.

btw, Dr.Hawking > S.Quawking.

This is a nice different run though. I'd give it a 9/10 but I'm taking 15 points away because of that comment about Sneasel, so it's a -6/10

I'll try it one day though xD

Good luck \o/

• Developers

I'll never look in the direction of this topic ever again.

btw, Dr.Hawking > S.Quawking.

This is a nice different run though. I'd give it a 9/10 but I'm taking 15 points away because of that comment about Sneasel, so it's a -6/10

I'll try it one day though xD

Good luck \o/

I only meant it's Shiny Palette, I swear!

In seriousness, the only problem I have with Sneasel is the lack of a Weavile thus far in game. I'm a lover of Ice types, but I can't really justify using Sneasel when he's gonna drop off. You have my word the moment Weavile is available, no matter what Shinies I have, Mystery gets a spot on my team.

It looks like The Manbat is going to be staying on my team for now, but come Samson, I'll just load up on all the flying types, haha.

And thanks, with the way the difficulty is picking up, and my inexperience with the new teams and fields of nearly all the leaders, I think I'll need good luck. Might not update until tomorrow because exams though. Unless I just get super procrastinate-y.

• Developers

Alright! I have a 3 day weekend before my last exam, so it's time to blow off some steam with the Shiny Run. I'm going to try for a mega update and get through the entire crazy gauntlet of boss battle the Apophyll scenario brings. As many of you know, this starts with a brief foray to Apophyll, before Azurine, then back to Apophyll. Buuuut, on a whim, I went fishing on the beach. In case there was anything in there except Grimer.

As it turns out, not only does it have grimer, it has SHINY grimer! So the box we welcome our 12th team member, 0/10 Not Garbodor. Or we would, but the damn character limit thwarted us. So we'll settle for 0/10NotGrbdr. Which is close enough, Grbdr is funny in itself because it reminds me of a hilarious comic about how the pokemon was created (Despite the fact I love Garbodor).

Once more, I seem to be misremembering things, we're climbing Pyrous BEFORE going to Azurine. Which is fine with me. I like the music here. And Cal is a fun fight, I like that music too. I'd also probably rate Cal as the second hardest fight I ever had on my original run, right before Charlotte (I played episode 13 at release, so this was pre-nerf Charlotte.)

But something sadly got in the way of our battle with Cal.

Team member number 13, who might actually not go in the box! Hello Shiny Nume-

Annnd crit. Nevermind, still on 12 team members. That sucked. :(

But no point moping, I suppose...

Team Vs Cal I guess [i miss you Shiny Numel :'(]:

Lucky #6 Lv42

Mozilla Lv41

Brainfreeze Lv40

Jackie Pan Lv41

The Manbat Lv41

Jalapeno? Lv41

So, opening with 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, I got seriously worried when that Infernape SD'd, but luckily, it seems Lucky #6 can still eat two =2 Close Combat's from an Infernape and just survive. And my Delphox even managed to take down his (Just barely because his gets Shadowball, which sucks because we don't get Shadow Ball anymore :( )

And umm, well... That was the point in time a 5hp Delphox swept two members of his team before finally being felled by Magmortar. Thn Blaziken happened. I was left in the situation where I only had Jackie Pan, Jalapeno, and Brainfreeze left, all of whom Blaziken can destroy. Luckily, i had a revive to toss at Mozilla, and he dealt with Blaziken and Typhlosion, meaning I (narrowly) beat Cal. That was pretty... Heated. Please don't hurt me, it was one pun, it won't happen again!

Annnd... Apparently I fight Kiki and Victoria before Azurine too? Huh, my memory of this segment is really messed up. So, time for another battle against Victoria Who I still totally think is the Champ.

Team Vs. Victoria (4):

The Manbat Lv41

Brainfreeze Lv40

Jalapeno? Lv41

Lucky #6 Lv42

Jackie Pan Lv42

Mozilla Lv43

I think it's funny how my crack theory is that she's the Champion, given that she's a complete and utter pushover in every damn battle... Onwards to a gym leader that I'll totally get my next badge from!

Team Vs. Kiki:

Lucky #6 Lv42

Mozilla Lv44

Brainfreeze Lv41

The Manbat Lv42

Jalapeno? Lv41

Jackie Pan Lv42

Now, I'm well aware I have three flyig types in the box that could help with this match. And that Jalapeno?, Brainfreeze, and Jackie Pan are probably dead weight in this fight. BUT I started takling to Kiki before realising this mistake. Thus, I think this is going to go something like Shade or Corey.

So, the battle started simply enough. I laid Toxic Spikes down, #6 even managed to take out Machamp! Luke ate a flamethrower. Hell, I was doing pretty damn good, and I was even set to win. It was just Medicham Vs Mozilla. And Medicham got off a crit, and I lost :(

So, for the second battle, a different team! Now, I'm leaving UniqueTyping out, because all he has is Air Slash, and I don't fancy accuracy Shenanigans. But temporarily on team are our favourite phycisicst duo, and our newest team member (after a brief stint of training and evolution.)

Team Vs. Kiki, Second Attempt:

Lucky #6 Lv43

The Manbat Lv43

Mozilla Lv44

S. Quawking Lv41

Dr. HAWKing Lv41

0/10NotGrbdr Lv41

So, I lead by setting out spikes again, although I'm aware Toxicroak eats them pretty quick. The goal, however, is to bait out Lucario. I do as such and switch to The Manbat.

Calm Mind.

Calm Mind.

Calm Mind.

Hello +6 Spatk/Spdef. Now, The rest of the battle went something like... This:

...And with focus...!

...And with focus...!

...And with focus...!

Hitmonlee used Fake Out and Knock Off.

Which is fine. I just wiped out 4 members of her team without even breaking into the team members I specifically trained up. Mozilla actually dealt with Hitmonlee. And that left me with a Team of 5 against Medicham.

But then Medicham stupidly used Ice Punch and so I got off 2 Flamethrowers and won.

Long story short, I just trained up three pokemon to Level 41 for this battle and didn't use them. Which is fine though, given that I plan to keep all my team members reasonably well levelled, so I would've had to do it anyway.

NOW it's off to Azurine.

Annnd terrorists. Again.

Team Vs. Aster & Eclipse (3)

Brainfreeze Lv41

Jackie Pan Lv42

Jalapeno? Lv41

Mozilla Lv44

The Manbat Lv44

Lucky #6 Lv44

Well, that was uneventful. Luckily, if I remember correctly, there's something else down here to keep me entertained. Or rather, someone...

Team Vs. Taka (3):

Literally identical to the Team Vs. Aster & Eclipse, except I put Mozilla in front.

So, Klefki went down straight away, which is pretty awesome because Prankster shenanigans can suck. And Luckily Chatot can only take 2 Poison Jabs, whereas Lucky can take 3 Heatwaves. So, that was surprisingly easy, especially because it was against Taka. Not that I'm complaining though.

So. I'm at the top of Mt. Pyrous. Now, Solaris has lost 5 levels since I was last at the top of Pyrous. BUT I never beat him on my original file. So here's the dilemma, because my collection of Shinies doesn't really have the necesarry gimmicks to win. So, I'm going to do what I can between now and the next update to work with what I have, see how much damage an Ice Shard from Sneasel will do, stuff like that. But I'm going to leave it up to a poll on how I approach the Solaris battle. Because it's highly likely I won't be able to beat him with my Shinies.

So the next update will feature that battle, whether I win or lose. It will also feature a discussion on why Mr. Bigglesworth NOT ONLY counts as a boss, but also why he is the best boss. And maybe Aya I guess, we'll see. If anyone has any crazy suggestions on how I COULD beat Solaris with my Shinies, please say so, I don't quite think I'm creative enough to come up with anything that brilliant.

Shiny Collection

Mozilla post-49908-0-50535400-1434634457_thumb.png Brainfreeze post-49908-0-32616400-1434634476_thumb.png Jalapeno? post-49908-0-37346100-1434634502_thumb.png

UniqueTyping post-49908-0-38249300-1434634538_thumb.png Jackie Pan post-49908-0-23310300-1434634555_thumb.png Lucky #6 post-49908-0-78284800-1434634568_thumb.png

S. Quawking post-49908-0-98239800-1434634593_thumb.png Sonicette post-49908-0-50043500-1434634665_thumb.png Dr. HAWKing post-49908-0-98239800-1434634593_thumb.png

The Manbat post-49908-0-95539800-1434634703_thumb.png Mystery post-49908-0-32130700-1434634738_thumb.png

0/10NotGrbdr post-49908-0-83063600-1434634764_thumb.png / post-49908-0-64527400-1434634778_thumb.png

Edited by Mumpelfink

I only meant it's Shiny Palette, I swear!

You mean the shiny palette that was based on one of my favorite avatars of all time, that I was using before?

:feelsgn:

You're not making this any easier

Interesting poll btw. But before I vote, let me ask you this: What's your strategy for the battle vs Solaris? Depending on it, you might just lose and be done with it. No reason to keep banging your head on a wall.

If you have a nice strategy though, then just go for it. No giveuperino until you win \o/

• Developers

You mean the shiny palette that was based on one of my favorite avatars of all time, that I was using before?

:feelsgn:

You're not making this any easier

Interesting poll btw. But before I vote, let me ask you this: What's your strategy for the battle vs Solaris? Depending on it, you might just lose and be done with it. No reason to keep banging your head on a wall.

If you have a nice strategy though, then just go for it. No giveuperino until you win \o/

I meant it's shiny palette in COMPARISON to Volcarona's who's my favourite Reborn shiny... Sneasel and Weavile have awesome shiny pallettes, honest!

See, I don't QUITE have a plan yet. Maybe Evasion Hax, maybe gather some prankster mons... I'll be able to find a way, but I think restricted to just my shinies, there may not be one.

I really hope for you to find a shiny male nidoran once into the wastelands, I adored him and the shiny marowak I had for against Aya when you get to her.

I'm still saddened that shiny mareep in pokemon reborn isn't my bubblegum candy pink anymore

Edited by hanabluebird

• Developers

I really hope for you to find a shiny male nidoran once into the wastelands, I adored him and the shiny marowak I had for against Aya when you get to her.

I'm still saddened that shiny mareep in pokemon reborn isn't my bubblegum candy pink anymore

Shiny Male Nidoran? You mean sorta like that Shiny Nidoking that's ben my MVP against pretty much everyone since he evolved?

That aside, I'd love a Marowak. A ground type would be good for the team, but I don't like Sandslash all that much. That said, given that it has respectable attack, AND learns earthquake after I think two more badges, Sonicette is likely to end up on my team very soon. As much as I love Cacturne, Jalapeno? is starting to lag behind a bit, so is the most likely candidate to be swapped. The Wasteland shouldn't be that important for me on pokemon, because I already have a really solid poison type, but there's all sorts of wonderful oppurtunities in the railnet, tanzan, chrylosia... So, hopefully luck is on my side for shinies in those areas!

Sorry sorry, the images weren't loading in and I forgot about it Lucky #6 oddly enough. That was my bad pfft.

Sandslash is great when it learns earthquake, but I think the attack is weak compared to Marowak with a thick club. That thick club is worth the hunt as it doubles the attack. For poison types, I personally like koffing/weezing because of the ability to avoid ground moves without needing an item to levitate. But then again, I've never actually used grimer/muk long enough to really see what it can do so a bit biased.

To bad that the mudkip was swapped for squirtle because a swampert would have been very nice!

Since you plan to rid of Jalapeno?, what would be your ideal grass type for the team if you could?

• Developers

Sorry sorry, the images weren't loading in and I forgot about it Lucky #6 oddly enough. That was my bad pfft.

Sandslash is great when it learns earthquake, but I think the attack is weak compared to Marowak with a thick club. That thick club is worth the hunt as it doubles the attack. For poison types, I personally like koffing/weezing because of the ability to avoid ground moves without needing an item to levitate. But then again, I've never actually used grimer/muk long enough to really see what it can do so a bit biased.

To bad that the mudkip was swapped for squirtle because a swampert would have been very nice!

Since you plan to rid of Jalapeno?, what would be your ideal grass type for the team if you could?

The pictures aren't working? :o That might be an issue, given I rarely say what the pokemon are, whoops.

With Ground Types, I'll take what I can get. Anything which learns Earthquake naturally is a keeper, so Sandslash'll likely get a spot until I find something better. Plus the Blue Pallette is pretty awesome.

For Poison, which is probably tied with ice for my favourite type, I have to say i've never used Weezing. I quite like Muk, especially with it's reasonably early learning of Gunk Shot, but as you MAY be able to tell, one of my favourite Poison types will always be Garbodor. I hugely love Beedrill too, but with no Mega available ingame, I'm not crazy enough to try and use one.

As for ideal grass type? Petilil or Cotonee. Both are incredibly good Grass lines, I love their Reborn Shiny Palettes, abilities that work well with their moves... They would be hugely strong additions to the team, although I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get either of them. Even though it's not the best pokemon in the world, I also really like Exeggcute. And I suppose special mention to Snover, although I always forget he isn't pure ice.

I think the picture thing is on my end though, my adblocker and firewall likes to remove some images and I think that's whats going on.

Gotta agree without hesitation about earthquake and the sonic colorings, it's pretty awesome. Weezing I had through my play of Pokemon Snakewood as my starter(well koffing I mean) and I fell in love with the ball of gas, he became such a huge thing of my team. Garbodor is amazing, I can't ever decide if it's cute or creepy and that's why I like it.

I like the starters for most grass types, but for otherwise, I like Sewaddle as it becomes Leavanny, a bug and grass type, who I have had great luck with in other games. Actually, that reminds me to get a grass type as my current Reborn team as I restarted to enjoy episode 15 fully and I haven't got a single one in team. Oops.

What do you think of Snorunt/Froslass and Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos?

Oh and caught any new shines, friend?

• Developers

I think the picture thing is on my end though, my adblocker and firewall likes to remove some images and I think that's whats going on.

Gotta agree without hesitation about earthquake and the sonic colorings, it's pretty awesome. Weezing I had through my play of Pokemon Snakewood as my starter(well koffing I mean) and I fell in love with the ball of gas, he became such a huge thing of my team. Garbodor is amazing, I can't ever decide if it's cute or creepy and that's why I like it.

I like the starters for most grass types, but for otherwise, I like Sewaddle as it becomes Leavanny, a bug and grass type, who I have had great luck with in other games. Actually, that reminds me to get a grass type as my current Reborn team as I restarted to enjoy episode 15 fully and I haven't got a single one in team. Oops.

What do you think of Snorunt/Froslass and Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos?

Oh and caught any new shines, friend?

Ice is my favourite type alongside poison, so I love Snorunt and Froslass. Although I have to say I prefer Glalie, it was the first ORAS Mega I used (Before I upgraded to the beast that is Beedrill), plus way back in Ruby, Glalie was the main reason I was able to get through the league. I have a soft spot for that thing.

As for Mareep, I really liked Ampharos design when I was younger, and that's naturally how most kids choose what pokemon to use. So in Crystal I had a really overlevelled Ampharos because I basically just soloed everything with it. Good memories. Plus I love Amphabulous, it's both hilarious and awesome as a Mega Evolution design.

And I've taken a break from playing now while I decide what to do about Solaris, so Muk is still the latest addition [As well as the Numel that could've been, but damn crits.]

• Developers

Alrighty guys. So, I've been experimenting, and I MAY have a way to beat Solaris with the team I have. It relies on a lot of luck, and theoretically two misses from him. But... Let's see! (Also, I really like Solaris' hair. Just thought I'd throw that out there.)

Team Vs. Solaris:

Jalapeno?@Focus Sash Lv42

Mozilla@Sticky Barb LV45

0/10NotGrbdr@Black Sludge Lv41

Brainfreeze Lv44

Lucky #6 Lv45

The Manbat Lv44

So. This plan revolves around piling as much residual damage on him as possible, and then Minimize spam. I need a few lucky misses early, but otherwise... this should be fine. He only has 1 Full Restore, right?

Step 1: Leech Seed.

Step 2: Pray he misses so I get off a Nature Power

Step 3: Pray he gets the Sticky Barb from Mozilla

Step 4: Pray he misses so I can set up a Minimize on 0/10

Step 5: Repeat Step 4

Step 6: Stall the hell out of him as three lots of residual damage screw him over.

Step 7: I somehow actually beat Solaris with only my Shinies?

So, Step 2 MAY be optional, but it'd speed things up to have a burning field.

And then I realised Step 3 wouldn't work. It appears he has Leftovers. That's one less source of residual damage I can rely on. I put Attract on Brainfreeze, my only female Team Member, on the off chance that Garchomp misses him, I can stall a bit more.

This might take a while to get the luck right, but I WILL pull it off!

And then a battle got off to a brilliant start. Garchomp missed Jalapeno? Twice in a row. Unfortunately, what I'm really relying on is the Miss against 0/10, which didn't happen. And then I realised Garchomp now was Earthquake to deal with NotGrbdr. Which means the miss I hope for won't happen. I DID have a plan B but, that relies on a bit more training. So, a bit more training I did, now I've figured this plan is bust.

If I'm right, plan B only means hoping for a single miss, against Jalapeno?

My trip back to the city was brief, but fruitful, all I did was train a certain team member a few levels above cap, and then candy them down.

So, the first step this time: Have Garchomp miss so Jalapeno? [No longer sashed] can get off a Leech Seed. This took 3 battles.

Step 2, you ask? Send out The Manbat. Focus Sash activates. The Manbat uses his newly learnt Endeavor [Who knew Swoobat could learn it?]. Then Leech Seed activates on the 1HP Garchomp. But, umm... Focus Sash didn't appear to activate. Huh.

Step 1 took a further 4 battles to work again. And, umm... It happened again. Focus Sash seems to refuse to activate while The Manbat is holding it. Then I realised this is a KLUTZ Swoobat...

After some serious Facepalming, and an Ability Capsule, we tried again, this time with my newly Simple Manbat.

So, Getting Garchomp to miss Jalapeno? took 7 battles this time.

And then, once more, my dreams were dashed.

This Garchomp has Rough Skin. Which means The Manbat dies before Leech Seed procs, and then he Restores next turn.

ALRIGHT. Next plan. Which is exactly the same as the last one, but I open with Nature Power instead of Leech Seed. Residual Field Damage doesn't matter whether The Manbat is alive! I was lucky enough to get the miss first time here.

And then? It worked. I did it. On my Shiny Run, I somehow achieved a feat I couldn't even do on my main run.

Solaris is defeated.

7csdWLB.png

Now, I know I said I would venture to the Wasteland and Biggles this episode, but that was largely because I wasn't expecting to pull this off. I won't put the Shiny Collection at the end of this one. I think the screenshot is the only picture needed.

I, restricted to only 12 pokemon that I happened to catch Shiny (Or even 11, because two of them are the same), have defeated Solaris. I think I'm far more proud of this than I should be. Either way, that's all for this update. Next one really WILL feature the greatest boss of Pokemon Reborn, Bigglesworth himself.

Edited by Mumpelfink

• Developers

So, a funny thing happened. I commited to replacing Jalapeno? with Sonicette, so I was training up our favourite Hedgehog, and figured to take the time to wander around the City and do events I'd missed, seeing as it was sunny. Did the Budew event, the Onix & Heliolisk events (Neither of which I even knew existed before I stumbled on them), and, umm...

Well, remember when I said my ideal grass type for the team would be a Petilil or a Cotonnee?

Ahem...Thanks to another event I didn't know existed... Everyone, welcome Peach to the Team! She's only level 15, and we're just about to head to the Wasteland, plus I have no Sun Stone, so she's going to be in the box for now. But more or less as soon as Aya is out of the way and I have my sunstone Time to SR infront of some mining rocks, methinks She will be trained up and joining the team, although I haven't decided who to drop yet. PROBABLY Jackie Pan.

But anyway, other than the new Team Member this update starts with us actually getting the Wasteland Key. So, without further ado:

Team Vs. Cain (4):

Sonicette Lv40

The Manbat Lv44

Mozilla Lv44

Lucky #6 Lv44

Brainfreeze Lv44

Jackie Pan Lv44

So, just to address the levels, I still keep to what I concluded earlier about the pacing of this segment being fine. But training up team members like 0/10 and Sonicette but not the Numel I should've caught at the Grand Hall inevitably leads to experience spilling over to other guys, so I end up slightly overlevelled. I'm carrying Candies though, so hopefully there should be no disobedience shenanigans.

In regards to the actual battle against Cain, his Samurott taught me a valuable lesson. Namely, it's a good thing I'm adding Peach to the team after the Wasteland, because my team isn't really prepared to handle Water types, particularly with half of it having a weakness to it atm. Luckily though, Jackie Pan managed to tank and handle it. Other than that, the battle was more or less straightforward, although using Sonicette has reminded me how much I thoroughly despise Magnitude. Can't wait until she learns Earthquake.

I have to say, one thing I've always found interesting about Byxbysion is that Biggles, or whatever it is that has caused it to be full of trash, doesn't just bring trash. He CREATES trash. Like... stuff here is stuff that's in other places. Particularly with like the graves and gym signs, you can see these are graves and gym signs that are also in other places in the world. Pulse-00, as I believe the machine says, sure is intriguing in capabilities.

It became apparent quickly enough that even on a good roll, Magnitude isn't going to help me here (Wibble Wobble Wibble Wobble...), but luckily I can fall back on Dig. #6 is also packing Earth Power.

I always like the unique messages Field Effect's have when the power of a move is altered, although there are so many I'd never normally see, because I'm not gonna actively use weakened moves. This Wibble Wobble when I Magnitude is priceless, and I had no idea it was a thing.

Anyway, as I was wandering about the various Wasteland areas that I should probably wait until I have Flash for but I'm super impatient I came across a Sun Stone! Which means Peach is going to be joining the action the moment I beat Aya. While I was exploring, I also acquired ANOTHER new team member. It's the Shiny Trubbish I wanted at the beginning of the game! Sadly, now I have a Nidoking, I can't REALLY justify the switch, even if he IS one of my favourites... Eh, he'll probably worm his way into my team anyway. On anoher sad note, there aren't enough characters to name hime 7.8/10TooMuchGrbdr. I am torn between naming him 10/10 Grbdr or Bigglesworth. I think this warrants another poll!

Also worth noting that I'm a bit silly because, after spending a while SRing for my Sun Stone in a mining rock, I also just found the one that's always in The Wasteland and forgot was there. So I have two now!

Anyway, onwards to the best boss battle thus far!

Team Vs. Mr. Bigglesworth:

Sonicette Lv42

Mozilla Lv44

Brainfreeze Lv44

Jackie Pan Lv45

The Manbat Lv44

Lucky #6 Lv44

The waste is watching...

Unfortunately, this battle was nowhere near as hard as it should have been, because Biggles missed three Gunk Shot's in a row. And I managed to get him down on turn 4 he was out, which he spent Stockpiling. So despite the rather scary level difference, he actually did no damage. Hell, the only damage I got all battle was from one of the Trubbish's Toxic Spikes thanks to the cool way The Wasteland handles hazards. It saddens me that we have to beat up Biggles instead of hugging him like he wants. Part of me also really wants to see PULSE Biggles (Although, with what we know about how the original Pulse Magneton went, and the fact that Biggles is one of the earliest, he COULD just be a PULSE Trubbish, with talking as a sideeffect. No real way to know. Hopefully we find out more about him in later releases.) Biggles is generally a really fascinating concept to me, even if he is largely a joke character. Beign on of my favourite pokemon helps too.

After doing everything I believe is doable in The Wasteland without Strength, I finally headed to Aya's house/gym. I so far much prefer Ame's machine to Gym Guy, as a helpful tool, but my one reservation was at Aya's gym. I was happy to learn the conversation with Lana still happens, and I am thus totally sold on the Ame Phone. SUDDEN SEGUE TO BATTLE WITH FERN I FORGOT ABOUT AND THUS DIDN'T PREPARE FOR:

Battle Vs. Fern (4):

Sonicette Lv42

Mozilla Lv44

Brainfreeze Lv44

Lucky #6 Lv44

The Manbat Lv44

Jacke Pan Lv45

The waste is watching...

Did Fern get a new team? Like, I know at this point he stops going mono-grass for obvious reasons, but I sure as hell don't remember the Scyther. I remember Krokorok, and the Fraxure he gets later but... Eh, probably just me.

Anyway though, this battle was pretty close. Only Mozilla, Lucky #6, and Sonicette were left standing at the end. Roserade hits REALLY hard, and that Scyther I wasn't expecting did a number on my team as well. Still, I got through it.

Now, let's just jump straight into the gym battle which I'm REALLY worried about. [Despite my hatred of Magnitude, my main plan for this battle was gonna be Manbat paired with a Magnitude-ing Sonicette. For obvious Wibbly Wobbly reasons, that plan isn't happening. But hey, my team is pretty well geared to counter Aya's, so I SHOULD be fine.]

Team Vs. Aya:

Sonicette Lv42

Mozilla Lv44

The Manbat Lv44

Brainfreeze Lv44

Jackie Pan Lv44

Lucky #6 Lv44

The waste is watching...

Tentacruel is down in one Psyshock, which is good, because we've already established Water types do a number on my team. Sonicette learns Swords Dance, which would've been nice to open the battle with, but this'll be useful, especially when she gets Quake in like 10 levels.

YEEESSS Mozilla not only outsped Dragalge, but it went down in one Psyshock as well. I'm glad, that thing is terrifyingly powerful. Mozilla Flame'd Venusaur as well before Drapion finally took him down. That's half of Aya's team I got with one pokemon. This battle is thankfully looking to be way less scary than I had iniitally anticipated. Brainfreeze made short work of the rest, while Sonicette just sorta survived and did chip damage the whole battle, while also levelling up to where everyone else was.

Now, maybe that SHOULD have felt underwhelming, but the fact I was so worried about that battle made me more proud of the easy victory than underwhelmed.

One line here I actually wonder about. Aya says Cain hasn't talked to any of them since he ran away, but earlier on in the game he talks about meeting up with his sister in The Wasteland. I mean..I GUESS he didn't run away proper until after that point but... I dunno, timing feels a bit off on it to me. But she then says that he disappeared and didn't take his pokemon with him, which would make sense to have been before we met him because, well, he had no pokemon. Yet after that he says he's gonna talk to Aya. It's all a bit confusing, really. I also wonder what Cain's old pokemon actually WERE? I mean, are they Aya's? Did she just pick up her bro's old team when she got shoved with his job? Or are his original 6 locked in the back room of the house? I'm seriously curious about that, even though it's such a minor detail that we'll probably never find out :(

Anyway though, this is the end of this update! Now I'm going to study for my exams like a good student Train up/Evolve Peach and the soon to be named Trubbish, go do a buncha stuff that requires Strength, and then next time we head down to the Railnet!

Shiny Collection

Mozilla post-49908-0-63524600-1434832348_thumb.png Brainfreeze post-49908-0-26794100-1434832377_thumb.png Jalapeno?post-49908-0-29219000-1434832437_thumb.png

UniqueTyping post-49908-0-33194200-1434832465_thumb.png Jackie Pan post-49908-0-08019100-1434832494_thumb.png Lucky #6 post-49908-0-83497600-1434832505_thumb.png

S. Quawking post-49908-0-10563000-1434832526_thumb.png Sonicette post-49908-0-00651100-1434832553_thumb.png Dr. HAWKing post-49908-0-10563000-1434832526_thumb.png

The Manbat post-49908-0-76371300-1434832621_thumb.png Mystery post-49908-0-93627000-1434832645_thumb.png 0/10NotGrbdr post-49908-0-47338800-1434832662_thumb.png

Peach post-49908-0-15158700-1434832682_thumb.png (Bigglesworth OR 10/10 Grbdr) post-49908-0-77904300-1434832695_thumb.png

• Developers

Alright, so between updates, I trained up team members, including evolutions for both the Newbies, swapped out Jackie Pan for Peach on my main team, did all the side stuff I can do requiring Strength (By which I mean Pyrous. I'm saving the Wasteland Strength stuff until i have Flash), and now I'm ready to rescue some kids! Oh yeah, and Brainfreeze evolved, which I had totally forgotten was even a thing.

Oh, right. Welcome Kevin to the team yada yada yada. Now if only I had a NON fire starter so I could do field shenanigans with pledge moves. Or something with a terrain move or mist. I just want field shenanigans, really.

Huh. A quick google search reveals Brainfreeze can learn mist, and I must've forgotten it at some point. Well, I at least know the first order of business once I get to the move relearner.

I do not remember Cain's 'Be gentle Senpai' line in Yureyu. Although I thoroughly approve, though. Anyway, me and him battled terrorists, as tends to be the status quo when I'm not in a gym.

Anyway, after the Simon and Tara stuff, (They sound why eviler after battle than I remember, too. Maybe they're just retroactively endearing after what happens later) I made the choice opposite to what I did in my original file. So it looks like I'm battling...

Team Vs. Sirius:

The Manbat Lv47

Peach Lv47

Mozilla Lv50

Brainfreeze Lv47

Sonicette Lv47

Lucky #6 Lv47

Bzzt!

So, I've never done this battle before, only fought Sigmund. While not fighting him doesn't really sit right with me, I hear you can get some extra info out of Laura from this path. Also appreciate the hinting at Lin from Sigmund this early.

As for the battle itself, now that The Manbat has Simple, it's Calm Mind is a brutal tool for setting up. Too bad he still fell to a single shadow ball from Chandelure. #6 and Cain's Nidoking made a team to fight, and they managed 2 pokemon before Nido fainted, and a further two until #6 went down. Brainfreeze then finished everything up while Cain promptly lost all his pokemon. This battle wasn't too hard, but it was somewhat tense, Brainfreeze went quite a few turns with next to no health, but Sirius was far morei nterested in Cain's pokemon

Now, Ithen acquired Flash, took a brief detour back to The Wastleand, in which I did the Gastly Misdreavus event. I have to say, she mentions the fact that I actually beat Solaris, which is a nice touch. Anyway though, I think this counts, so:

Team Vs. Spectral Kiki:

The Manbat Lv47

Mozilla Lv50

Lucky #6 Lv48

Sonicette Lv47

Peach Lv47

Brainfreeze Lv47

The waste is watching...

So, The Manbat died very quickly but, luckily, I got off a burn with Mozilla. And then I lost. Yup.

...Well, that was embarassing. Anyway, second time round i opened with the burn and then Mozilla alone managed to win, so I guess i had really bad luck with the first try.

After that was over with, I did the other Strength stuff in the Wasteland, and, umm... Is Rock Smash meant to be there? As in, the Rock Smash that I already have? I mean, if it is, it's a nice touch to add to the stuff I said last time about things appearing in the wasteland being copies but, it COULD also be a glitch. It's in the place where I THINK you find Mudkip/Squirtle, but I've never quite figured that event out so I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I headed back to the Railnet soon afterwards. Made my way through. When I got to the house... I always forget that Laura is only just 18. I mean, in my mind she's agged more like Charlotte's mother than Sister, but I dunno. She just seems rather maternal, despite being the middle child.

With Anna and Nostra peacefully sleeping, I'm off to Spinel town to find Medicine!

I like how in Chrylosia, you start off with little things like the odd bit of train track disappearing, and then trees offscreen, and then eventually trees right in front of you.

It was about the time I walked into the Volcain estate that I realised 4/6 of my main team was weak to Ice. Instead of going to switch to more reasonable members, like a normal person, I decided the pokemon center was far too far away for that, so I decided to just go for it :D

I'm also very fond of El's introduction. He seems nice enough, there's a touch of humour... I like El. He's a very cool and complex villain. The whole Elite Four thing is cool too. I look forward to seeing where his character ends up going.

Woah, Serra's gym has a puzzle now, huh? And no Bennet battle? Well, alrighty then.

Oh, wait, nevermind. Bennet fight

Team Vs. Bennet:

Mozilla Lv49

Brainfreeze Lv48

Sonicette Lv48

Lucky #6 Lv48

Peach Lv48

The Manbat Lv48

Mirror, mirror, on the field,

Who shalt this fracture power wield?

Welp. Everything but Larvesta went down to a single Flamethrower, so Mozilla swept. I do question whether his particular choice of bug types would ever allow Bennet to become a competent E4 member, sans Larvesta, he has a serious fire weakness. Hell, including Larvesta, he has a SERIOUS rock weakness. I can't recall whether he later changes up his team a bit, but with it's current makeup... Well, he isn't that great. On to battling his mother!

Team Vs. Serra:

Brainfreeze Lv48

Mozilla lv48

Lucky #6 Lv48

Sonicette Lv48

The Manbat Lv48

Peach Lv48

Mirror, mirror, on the field,

Who shalt this fracture power wield?

Leading with Mozilla, Flamethrowers had Serra waste her pokemon and THEN she swapped to Aurorus before I could finish the job, but I at least took the Aurorus down. Then I recalled that Brainfreeze knows Mirror Shot...

The mirrors strengthened the attack!

The mirrors strengthened the attack! - Cryogonal Down

The mirrors strengthened the attack! - Jynx Down

The reflected light was blinding! - Her Vanilluxe outsped me and Brainfreeze went down. Luckily, Mozilla is still in play.

Three Flamethrowers had Vanilluxe and Glaceon both fainted, but then Froslass took him out. And all I'm left with is pokemon with an Ice Weakness. Luckily, she chose to confuse #6 instead of Forst Breathing him, and he got off a crit Poison jab, and... Well, the badge is mine! That was pretty close though, all I had left at the end was Lucky #6, who is REALLY living up to his name.

Anyway, that'll be all for now, next time we'll... I'm not sure, really. I can't quite remember what order we go to the Tanzan base, battle Noel, Tanzan underground, the raid on the house... Lots of things will happen, but I can't quite say when!

Shiny Collection

Mozillapost-49908-0-65681000-1434980958_thumb.png Brainfreeze post-49908-0-06039300-1434980973_thumb.png Jalapeno? post-49908-0-59647900-1434980992_thumb.png

UniqueTyping post-49908-0-66307700-1434981010_thumb.png Jackie Pan post-49908-0-80260100-1434981022_thumb.png Lucky #6 post-49908-0-72221400-1434981039_thumb.png

S. Quawking post-49908-0-47495300-1434981057_thumb.png Sonicette post-49908-0-81540400-1434981073_thumb.png Dr. HAWKing post-49908-0-47495300-1434981057_thumb.png

The Manbat post-49908-0-90977100-1434981112_thumb.png Mystery post-49908-0-28864900-1434981134_thumb.png 0/10NotGrbdr post-49908-0-10413600-1434981155_thumb.png

Peach post-49908-0-56615800-1434981185_thumb.png Bigglesworth post-49908-0-39976400-1434981205_thumb.png Kevin post-49908-0-10947900-1434981220_thumb.png

• Developers

Gotta say, I love that shiny for cute lil' Peach. insertdisappointmentmareepisntpinkanymorewhenshiny

You're doing way amazing at this run!

Haha, thanks! Although me doing good is in part due to the fact that I've gotten more than a little lucky with what Shinies I've come across, it helps that I've been through Reborn once before. I'm having a load of fun doing it, glad it looks like I'm being pretty competent. Although a lot of my really close victories have been down to lucky crits or misses.

And what colour is Reborn's Mareep Shiny? What about it's Ampharos? :o

This is pretty dope. I'm actually trying this same run, and I'm right before the shade fight. I only have 3 Shiny pokemon lol

So I envy you xD

Ouch, that's bad luck. Or probably normal luck, and I just had it really good. Hopefully they're good shinies! If not, good luck against Shade. Although you should be fine given you beat Corey, and I spent forever struggling on him with this run.

And what colour is Reborn's Mareep Shiny? What about it's Ampharos? :o

It went from a cotton candy pink to a blue I could describe is blue raspberry candy color. It's still cute, but I'm super fond of the cotton candy pink Mareep and Ampharos more then blue for the three.

I've noticed a lot more of the shinies have been getting recolorings more and more to really amazing and creative ones like Rapidash has a rainbow color now for the flames so I'm hopeful mareep and etc get something that amazing and cute!

• Developers

It went from a cotton candy pink to a blue I could describe is blue raspberry candy color. It's still cute, but I'm super fond of the cotton candy pink Mareep and Ampharos more then blue for the three.

I've noticed a lot more of the shinies have been getting recolorings more and more to really amazing and creative ones like Rapidash has a rainbow color now for the flames so I'm hopeful mareep and etc get something that amazing and cute!

Well, in theory the Shinies are done now. They were recolouring them Gen by Gen, and E15 finally had them all done, main reason I decided to do the run.But hey, a blue Ampharos sounds awesome. And probably Majestic af if it gets the same colouring on Mega.

Anyway though, onwards to Noel/Abra/Sigmund, but almost certainly not in that order because my memory is awful!

Goodness me Anna's a strange one. I used to dislike her because she was the main flaw in my 'Victoria's the Champion' theory, being a FAR better candidate. Buut I've accepted that my theory is not the most reasonable thing in the world and based on arbitrary gamepay facts, and I've grown to love Anna's character. I certainly wanna find out more about her and Noel. Still, I'm not sure what's weirder, her giving Nostra the medicine, or it actually working...

Also, I guess I was right on Noel beign first. Interestingly, I've never watched the Noel leader profile. Hell, I sorta stopped watching TV around this point in the game on my main file because I went on holiday a bit after beating Serra, and so forgot about all the TV stuff by the time I came back. So you'll probably get my thoughts on interesting stuff I see on the TV from here on out after each Leader.

But anyway, with the Noel profile, the end of it is a VERY interesting one:

'For those curious about how such a young boy became gym leader, he was promoted at the recommendation of an existing leader. Which one? You'll never guess!

Should we tell you? Maybe we'll leave just a hint...:

...'

And that's the end of the interview. My first thought was naturally Radomus, because of all the stuff that points at him being Anna & Noel's dad. BUT, not only am I skeptical about that theory because it seems a bit too obvious, it occured to me that maybe they actually DID give a hint. Meaning it's Shade, because that's the majority of his dialogue. Which is curious indeed, Anna seems to like him, at the very least. But we know so little about him, and while I originally assumed he was just some ghost and there wasn't really any more explanation needed, I've been getting increasingly more inclined to believe that Shade is CENTRAL to Reborn's plot, in some way. Perhaps he's their father? I initially thought that'd be weird because htye're both miles better trainers than him but... Well, Laura is theoretically better than her big sis. Heather than her dad. Luna than either of her (fake) parents [Although she's no doubt significantly worse than El], I have a feeling we'll eventually battle Hardy after Titania, although that's baseless speculation. The point is, age doesn't necesarrily make someone better, it seems, even within the same family. Not to mention, if Shade is their dad and he's actually dead, maybe he lost all his pokemon and stuff when he died.

But anyway, paragraph of Marcello's musings and speculations aside (The tl;dr is that I think Shade is very important.) I have a gym battle to get to. Now, I think this was tied with Charlotte for the absolute hardest Gym Battle on my original file, because I fought Charlotte with her original team. Now, I managed to beat her with the wonders of Rain Dance, but Noel? He broke me. I wasn't creative enough to tweak my team to better handle him. To cut a long story short, my main file has a box with 6 level 50ish Fire Types I trained up specifically for Noel,, because he made me angry so I just set everything on fire. Still, hopefully better luck with it this time, especially because I hear that Staraptor is gone!

Team Vs. No- Wait, I called it too soon. Looks like the good Doctor will be first!

I guess I'm protecting the house from a buncha terrorists, as per usual.

Oh hey, I love the Paranoia music, digging the slowed down version that plays here in the house. Dunno if it always did that. Anyway though, I have a batle with cool music to do! One which I never did in my main file, I add:

Team Vs. Dr. Butt Connal:

Sonicette Lv48

Brainfreeze Lv49

Mozilla Lv49

Lucky #6 Lv48

Peach Lv48

The Manbat Lv48

Sonicette gets off a +2 Magnitude thanks to SD, and Jolteon goes down. But he couldn't ouspeed Electivire, so he went down. #6 went in and set up Toxic Spikes, as he should've from the onset, although only one layer because Ice Punch is stronk. Anyway, though, Electivire was dealt with by Mozilla, as was Luxray. And Lanturn is exactly what I need. Or as I call it, 'Setup Bait for Peach'. Three Quiver Dances Later...

Petal Dance! - Lanturn Down

Petal Dance! - Eelektross Down

Petal Dance! - Rotom Down

And that method of victory is exactly why Liligant is my joint second favourite Grass Type [Along with Whimsicott], only topped by Abomnasnow, because I love Ice types. Pretty much everything from 4th place down to 10th is Grass/Poison, given that I love poison too.

Now, I BELIEVE the choice I'm meant to make here to get partnered with Laura is going aftr Sirius...? I mean, I'm not sure which is acually more reasonable. On the one hand, Laura is powerful and she's upstairs, along with Anna and Noel, who are also powerful, potentially incredibly so with Anna. But then down here, we have Shelly, who's likely about our level, and Charlotte, who is a fair bit above us. Basically, everyone is powerful and SHOULD be able to take care of themselves. But Laura managed to get kidnapped on my original file, so upstairs I go!

I know I made the right choice just by Saphira's 'Peekaboo, bitch.' xD

Buuut it seems I actually made the wrong choice, because this seems to be a pairing with Saphira. And no Hyper Beam Shenaigans I've heard so much about. Which I guess means I'll quickly beat Sigmund again and make the other choice!

That battle was slightly harder than before, mainly due to Sigmund getting hax-y in every possible way. A Fire Punch Burn, Thunder Punch Paralysis, and Ice Punch Freeze should NOT all happen in the same battle. That aside, Peach dealt with it more or less the same way as before. And this time I'll let the E4 member defend stuff upstairs as I probably should, and go to the Kitchen.

Oh Lord this scene is even better than Peekaboo bitch. Saphira is vicious. As she has every right to be, given what the Doctor is like. And she Hyper Beamed him through a wall after the barrage of taunting. She is one scary woman. But anyway, I think I made the right choices on this one, now. Sirius demonstrates he's even more scary, and I get to team up with Laura, woo! So it's off to Tanzan, methinks.

Anna certainly piqued my interest with this line. Particularly if things in Tanzan go similar to my original file:

'..Oh! She says that you shouldn't catch Laura when she falls!

...Whatever that means. Nostra's a little weird sometimes.'

Which is... Well Anna can certainly see things more than the average person, but that's awfully specific. Very curious indeed.

Y'know, just before carrying on, this set of choices, here and at Yureyu, appear to bug me. Because it seemed almost arbitrary which of the four options got you the extra background info that this one does. But thinking about it, it IS the most reasonable set of choices to make. Sigmund is nasty, but he was just keeping Heather for potential questioning, as opposed to harming her. But Anna was on the floor above with Sirius, who is a murderer, and God know what he wanted to do. So it makes sense to rush to him. Equally, in the house, a member of the E4 is upstairs already defending it, so it's more reasonable you stay downstairs. Essentially, pairing up with Laura is the result of making the most reasonable choices, so I now approve of this choice.

Nice touch. I remember when I came through here with Saphira she just ripped the door open. Laura accidentally trips and falls on the switch. I'm glad I get to see this pairing, I'm curious about her character and you don't see that much of it. Plus she puts the Meteors to sleep instead of slaughtering them like her big sis. I'm still not entirely sure where I stand on the whole 'Killing Meteors' issue, about whether we should or shouldn't. I instinctively want to say we should be pragmatic and kill them as possible, but the game does like to throw plenty of reasons at you why we shouldn't. Sleep is good enough for now.

I would like to point out that aroundabouts meeting up with Saphira, Sonicette learnt Earthquake, so I can finally get rid of Magnitude, and I had a talk with Simon. Otherwise, it's been a usual Meteor base raid, although I do wish this segment had a double battle alongside Laura, so I can see what E4 levels are like. Because if they're all 100 as the level curve would suggest, the Champ is gonna need one hell of a team and field to set them ahead. Which is a terrifying thought.

Connal going mad for a moment and talking to Lizzy (I believe his dead wife's name is Elizabeth?) is something I also don't mind. And it's really something to see Sirius having no regard for your presence because of how scared he is of Lin. But hey, I guess we aren't fighting Abra just yet, because we're under Tanzan now... But Laura gives us interesting Lin backstory, which is exclusive to this path, as well as giving us insight into the whole number 8 thing she has going on. So Lin WAS even younger than Anna. And really really mean. And... Dead or escaped from the orphanage. So the plot thickens. I really hope we see her again soon. There are so many characters I wanna see more of because I have so many unanswered questions. But I think it's about time for another battle...

Team Vs. The Giant Freaking Steelix:

The Manbat Lv49

Lucky #6 Lv51

Mozilla Lv51

Sonicette Lv53

Brainfreeze Lv50

Peach Lv50

The field is littered with rocks...

Woah boy. I remembered this thing being 65, not 75. So Manbat didn't survive at all. Luckily it's slow, so Mozilla got off a burn and from there it was actually pretty straightforward. Still, being faced with a Lv75 Steelix is terrifying, no matter how straightforward the actual battle is. And now Saphira is riding the thing, But after that little section, I head straight into the next battle!

Team Vs. ZEL(4):

The Manbat Lv49

Lucky #6 Lv51

Peach Lv52

Sonicette Lv53

Mozilla lv51

Brainfreeze Lv50

Machines whir in the background.

So, I know this isn't REALLY a ZEL battle, but I'm counting it anyway. I was hoping to get off a calm mind and outspeed it but... Well, I didn't outspeed it, and it dark pulsed Manbat. And then Hyper Beam'd Mozilla. Sonicette got off an Earthquake while it recharged, got Hyper Beamed, and then #6 Got it with an Earth Power whie it recharged again, bringing it down to a tiny bit of health. It Pulsed #6, Hyper'd Peach, which left me with just Brainfreeze, who finished him off with an Ice Beam. That was less difficult as it was almost a puzzle battle. Send out the right things to bait out a Hyper, and then the right things to attack it while it recharges.

Holy... This slowed down version of Solaris' battle theme is incredible. I can't remember if it was like this before, but it makes a brilliant theme for Lin. Although after sitting there listening to it for a while, it sounds less fitting after the opening. Of course she's here so briefly, I doubt you're meant to hear past the opening, so it works. I like how he just remarks that lying becomes Sirius when he introduces as as a new recruit. And also the first hint you get that El is a bad guy, because he was a pretty stand up guy in the section we'd seen him in thus far. I am intrigued though about why Lin DIDN'T kill us. She knew we were against them, she even knew the giant Steelix was to do with us. But she just left to go deal with that, instead. It's intriguing, I mean, I know that the plot dictates Lin can't really kill us but... I wonder the in universe reason.

I have to wonder what level of Hydreigon using what move can annihilate a level 75 Steelix in one shot, though.That woman is terrifying too, I really DO want to see more of her. Maybe not battle her though.

It talking to Sigmund as you're leaving he just mutters how similar she looks... He does seem to be losing it a tad, really. Maybe he DID kill the girl who pranked him in the orphanage, and this is a guilty conscience speaking up.

Although heading back to the house, it's interesting, Anna couldn't see Lin... There's so many questions about Anna.

Anyway though, I'll leave this one here. Next time we battle Noel, and then, umm... Do whatever comes after that. Citae Arc d'Astrae, I think. But we've established my bad memory about plot order is a thing, so I guess we'll find out next time!

Shiny Collection

Mozilla post-49908-0-42271500-1435052030_thumb.png Brainfreeze post-49908-0-22972800-1435052051_thumb.png Jalapeno? post-49908-0-59969500-1435052072_thumb.png

UniqueTyping post-49908-0-66257000-1435052092_thumb.png Jackie Pan post-49908-0-32900700-1435052107_thumb.png Lucky #6 post-49908-0-48252800-1435052128_thumb.png

S. Quawking post-49908-0-15346200-1435052147_thumb.png Sonicette post-49908-0-05466100-1435052179_thumb.png Dr. HAWKingpost-49908-0-15346200-1435052147_thumb.png

The Manbat post-49908-0-58393700-1435052214_thumb.png Mystery post-49908-0-71659000-1435052226_thumb.png 0/10NotGrbdr post-49908-0-47267000-1435052251_thumb.png

Peach post-49908-0-97918000-1435052272_thumb.png Bigglesworth post-49908-0-53292000-1435052294_thumb.png Kevin post-49908-0-88408700-1435052309_thumb.png

• Developers

Alright, so I was typing this up and then closed out of the window like an idiot. To paraphrase what happened thus far, I had hope for an easy Noel when he didn't open with Cincinno, that hope was crushed when I found out he still had that devil pokemon. My first victory I tried to win normally, and got slaughtered. Second time I tried burning field shenanigans, I got slaughtered. This time I'm trying Misty Field, and if it doesn't work,I'm probably gonna have to suck up my pride and change my team around.

Team Vs. Noel:

Brainfreeze Lv51

Mozilla Lv50

The Manbat Lv50

Soicette Lv53

Peach Lv53

Lucky #6 Lv51

The field in full bloom.

Mist settles on the field.

Alright, so I opened with Mist from Brainfreeze, and this is the first battle where Wiggly hasn't opened with T-wave.

Annnnd Wiggly setup rocks and Mist went down before Wiggly even went down, let alone later. Balls.

I decide I'm tired of losing, and having established with Manbat in an earlier battle that Wigglytuff was setup bait, I sent in Peach. And Quiver Danced. SIX TIMES. I REFUSE TO LOSE THIS BATTLE.

Wigglytuff Down.

Swellow Down.

Porygon-Z down.

Cincinno Down.

This is the point I recall Girafarig has Sap Sipper. I am so glad the AI is slightly borked, because he could've totally stopped that semi-sweep in it's tracks if he hadn't've waited for 4 KOs to send it out.

Mozilla Flamethrowers Girafarig twice. Lucky #6 Poison Jab's Clefable twice.

THE BATTLE IS FINALLY WON.

While you didn't get to experience my anguish over the first two losses, trust me, I was getting seriously frustrated. Why didn't I think to use Peach before. Thus far, that's essentially been the answer to any problem I've had. Just use Peach.

But yeah, Standard Badge get! Naturally, my first order of business isn't silly things like progressing plot, it's checking the TV.

Oooh, Arclight is the interview. I know next to nothing about him, I'll take it. There was nothing really enlightening in the interview, but still, it was nice to see he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

Radomus' profile was just a standard profile, but still. I hadn't seen either of these before, so it's nice to pay attention to the TV.

So, heading back to deal with terrorists some more. Sapphira demonstrates the already obvious fact that she's tough as nails, I note the puzzle to get the Yureyu key as changed (I need the plug thing from Iola valley now, it seems), so I head to the Aventurine Woods.

WHAT THE HEL WAS THAT I SAW A BIG SPRITE OF SOMETHING JUST SPEED OUT OF THE GRASS BRB RESETTING TO GET A BETTER LOOK.

Well, that was Heracross. Huh.

Well, before I can really follow after it, I'm ambushed by some kind of disgusting, slimy creature.

Team Vs. Fern (5):

Brainfreeze Lv51

Mozilla Lv51

Peach Lv54

Lucky #6 Lv51

Soincette Lv53

The Manbat Lv50

The field in full bloom.

How does he have a badge more than me with his pokemon not even Level 50? I mean, There's no way he battled Noel, and it seems incredibly unlikely he battled Shade. Even assuming he DID beat Shade, an extra badge over us would mean Radomus and Luna, which also wouldn't happen. I get that he's just bragging, and with all the stuff going on and Leaders away from gyms, maybe there are behind the scenes backup leaders we're to assume he beat or whatever, but still. I get it's mostly just Fern having a reason to be Fern, but still. Anyway, my gripes aside, his team seems to have evolved from being Monograss to just being 'Anything, as long as you're weak to Ice'. Which begs the question of how he managed to take Serra, too.

Long story short, Brainfreeze had fun, not much interesting really happened. Although what he says piqued my interest. The fact that he's concerned with not being able to get through to Agate so he's gonna try and find Noel... Well, that cuts out the possibility of some backup Normal Leader. And he would be going to Vanahaen or however you spell it if he hadn't already beaten Radomus and likely Luna. So I guess it was them he beat. They probably just gave him badges so he'd leave or something, idk. I wouldn't want Fern in MY house either.

So, after using nearly all my pokeballs (I was 30 levels higher than it, I couldn't afford any damage done :( ), we have acquired a new Team member, who I'll definitely train up (although probably only after Astrae because I'm not walking back to The Grand Hall the long way).

Even though it totally just looks like a normal black flower version (I THINK the body's I different colour? I dunno, it'll probably be more obvious when she evolves). I wanted to name here 'What's Outrage?' but it's two characters too long. Thus, welcome aboard our newest member, Airy!

I totally didn't buy like 30 Floral Charms because I really wanted a Florges. Nope, not me. I would never do that. I have complete and utter integrity with regards to this run.

I ran into Titania, an event I never recall seeing in my original file but have heard about.

...'Fern was here, Azrael is a loser.'

...Screw that guy.

Anyway, liking the Vanhanen Castle music. I was, of course, politely greeted by Luna. Speak to Radomus with his awesome Pyramid Hat When he next shows up I want even more ridiculous hats and finally, a challenge from my favourite Rival!

Team Vs. Cain (5):

The Manbat Lv52

Mozilla Lv55

Sonicette Lv54

Lucky #6 Lv53

Peach Lv55

Brainfreeze Lv51

Opening variation set.

As usual, I opened by setting up The Manbat. Cain decided to Minimize >;[ Conveniently, thanks to the Chessboard, one Calm Mind from my Simple Manbat is a whopping +4, so I could proceed to spam Psychic with Abandon. I took out Muk, Galvantula AND Samurott that way before he brought out priority in the form of Absol (Also, how in the hell did a Swoobat manage to outspeed a Galvantula?)

Sonicette set up a Swords dance and then Quaked Absol and Nidoking, and Mozilla finished us off by Psychic-ing Gengar. That was relatively painless.

Radomus is... Weird. I like him, but I can't even remotely get a read on him. Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea to tell if he's being overly serious, or joking, or anywhere in between. His reading of El's letter is brilliant, and funny at points, but I still couldn't tell you if Radomus was going for humour.

Having played this segment before, I can appreciate why Radomus wants us to not act. And essentially, his entire going along with things and heading after El is all just a big act to reassure Luna so she doesn't put herself in harm's way. He sure is devoted to protecting her from El...Which certainly begs questions for later.

But anyway, that's all for this time. Next time I guess it's down to Astrae! And then we battle Radomus! And then more TV!

Shiny Collection

Mozilla post-49908-0-69059600-1435180704_thumb.png Brainfreeze post-49908-0-00358800-1435180718_thumb.png Jalapeno? post-49908-0-79846000-1435180737_thumb.png

UniqueTyping post-49908-0-94439500-1435180755_thumb.png Jackie Pan post-49908-0-44029400-1435180775_thumb.png Lucky #6 post-49908-0-72301800-1435180783_thumb.png

S. Quawking post-49908-0-20677300-1435180799_thumb.png Sonicette post-49908-0-93919800-1435180820_thumb.png Dr. HAWKing post-49908-0-20677300-1435180799_thumb.png

The Manbat post-49908-0-07200900-1435180843_thumb.png Mystery post-49908-0-91166700-1435180857_thumb.png 0/10NotGrbdr post-49908-0-30491700-1435180873_thumb.png

Peach post-49908-0-01910400-1435180897_thumb.png Bigglesworth post-49908-0-13611600-1435180912_thumb.png Kevin post-49908-0-65554800-1435180926_thumb.png

Airy post-49908-0-37269900-1435180974_thumb.png

• Developers

Alrighty, after a brief hiatus Exams are over so I don't get the guilty joy of this being procrastination anymore It's time to continue! (Also woo, 100th post)

So, I'm pretty sure our next location of interest is Astrae. But if this thread has demonstrated anything about me thus far, it's that I'm not terrible at pokemon except when I am and that my memory about the order of game content is abysmal.

Also I've been replaying Zeta recently and it messes with my head that the two games are identical in controls EXCEPT with a different quicksave button, given that I'm the sort who compulsively saves every minute or so when a game has a quicksave feature.

So, we follow Radomus who follows Cain.

Also it's sunny af, I'm used to Chrylosia and route 1 being too dark because I tend to play at night, now it's hurting my eyes because it's so bright.

I really love the small details Reborn sometimes throws in. Like when walking past the gear in the Gates, your sprite as always facing forward because yo're sidestepping.

I like Radomus' response to Cain, as well 'I'm going to pretend I didn't understand that remark.'

I'm also intrigued about him saying that getting past the gear would be harder for a man of his stature. I mean, his battle sprite when you face him seems rather skinny. In fact...

I would argue that THIS:post-49908-0-15366300-1435417666_thumb.png is arguably skinnier than THESE: post-49908-0-95714900-1435417674_thumb.png & post-49908-0-21391800-1435417681.png

But I dunno. It could just be me nitpicking, and it's hard to get an idea of build from these sprites.

I still have serious concerns about Radomus' attitude. He forced himself through the gear and knocked Cain down the hole, which he had no way of knowing was a survivable fall. And he didn' seem all THAT bothered by it before looking down the hole. Firstly, I doubt a man who appears to be a borderline genius would have forced himself through in such a manner that he might knock Cain down a gaping hole. Secondly, I understand that aloof is the word to use with him, but even HE should've been significantly more stressed than he was at potentially killing someone, both before and after he found the drop wasn't a dangerous one. Perhaps I'm overthinking things, perhaps he did it on purpose, perhaps he knew what was down there... I don't know, but if I don't ramble on about my speculation here, I probably won't put it anywhere. And then if some of the crazy stupid shit I say turns out to be right, I have no proof for bragging rights purposes. #Victoria4Champ

As I random aside to fill the space while I'm heading through, I headed back this way on my main file a while back because I needed to see what Astrae looked like for reference on a thing. I found, and I am not exaggerating, THREE Shiny Unknowns. I mean, I know they aren't the best pokemon and I'd almost certainly never use them, but it'd make for one hell of an update to this if I did that.

Anyway though, upon arriving Astrae, I recall how very pretty it is. Plus I'm a sucker for the music. Plus I believe there's a Shiny Stone down here for Airy later, if I recall correctly?

That aside, we met Adrienn. Xe is... Interesting. I consider xem rather... Overzealous in their protection of Gardevior, and the resulting being manipulated by El. But, from what litle we've seen, it seems the opposite end of the scale to the hyper-pragmatic zealot sort we find ourselves allying with such as Sapphira. You can tell xe's seriously condemning us, despite being generally polite, when we arrive. But there wasn't even the slightest hint of violence. Whereas if you put Sapphira or certain other characters we ally with in his shoes, we'd near certainly be dead by now.

For anybody who was interested, I was correct about the Shiny Stone, btw.

I always wonder who the 'Girl climbing up the cave wall' Adrienn mentioned is. Now, I BELIEVE the prevailing theory is Lin, but she must've been there before him. And it was 10 years ago xe fell down, right? Wasn't the whole Lin/Orphanage business more recent than that? I mean, Anna's what, 13/14? And Lin was younger than her. And I doubt the rather malicious child that Laura described was 2. Although I could be underestimating Anna's age, or perhaps I'm missing something on timing here. Either way, I'm reluctant to believe that whoever Adrienn saw was Lin.

Also I'm intrigued about Cain asking Adrienn's gender. I'm playing as Decibel (I have established male and female characters that I play in games, I took this run as an oppurtunity to establish a genderfluid one), and everyone has seemed to have a gender 6th sense for me. Although, thinking about it, Victoria and Adrienn ARE the only people I believe have outright used any pronouns regarding the player character thus far, Cain's always opted to use my name. Still, it seems strange he appears to have some sort of gender-radar for the MC but nobody else. But I suppose that a scene at the beginning where a non-binary MC explains all that to Cain and Victoria would be really very dull.

Now for one of my favourite parts of Astrae, the logic puzzles! Now, I don't remmeber these, so it should be fun. For those of you that don't know, I'm a total maths nerd. Hell, I even did a few extra exams, and one of them was an entire exam ON formal logic. Seriously, I love this stuff.

So, I'm gonna type up my reasoning on the logic puzzle here, because I lack paper, but I'll spoiler it because I hardly want to delete all my work when I'm done, but I also appreciate that people generally would rather skip over it.

So, abbreviating the pokemon as C, M, & I

IF(C=L): M=L, I=D

IF(M=L): C=D, I=D

IF(I=L): C=D, M=D

It's apparent that only one of them is Light. Any pair of truths contradicts eachother. And yet it seems that only having one truth is contradictory in itself as either M or I being false implies truth of the other two.

I should mention that, despite being good at formal logic, and being a maths nerd, I am reasonably pants at logic puzzles.

Giving it another look over, I have decided the key is C. It NEEDS to be Light, as it being Dark just contradicts all the things. But then that says M is light which says C is dark and my head hurts. I'm reading the setup pillar again because I'm probably just beign dumb and missing a rule.

Hmm... The setup MAY imply that Light MUST tell the truth, whereas Dark simply CAN lie. It's hard to say. Unless I'm missing something obvious, working with absolutes makes this puzzle impossible. But, as I've said, I'm totally pants at this stuff, although I'm seriously tempted to draw a truth table.

Alright, so, Chimchar is a liar. He says Monferno always tells the truth, and Monferno says he can lie. Regardless of exactly who's lying about what and in what capacity, Chimchar is a liar. But the lack of absolutes here only tells that Chimchar is dark and Monferno MIGHT be light, but he totally coulda lied about the infernape thing. Now, Infernape's talk about Chimchar implies he ONLY lies, whereas all the others talk about darkness which is probably a sometimes lie. That can work. The puzzle works if Infernape is telling the truth (Light), Chimchar lied about everything (Dark), and Monferno was telling the truth abotu Chimchar but lyign about Infernape (Dark).

I guess my interpretation must be right, as the game agrees. Onwards!

Now, just for fun, I do the Amethyst puzzle even though I totally don't have to and I already struggled far too much with the Ruby one (Although only because I misunderstood the setup at first.)

Doesn't help these are all C's. Using 1, 2 & 3 instead, for order of evolution

IF(1=L): 2=L, 3=D

IF(2=L): 1=L, 3=D

IF(3=L): 1=D, 2=L

Now that I understand the setup, it should be noted that this time Clefable is the one specifying Liar instead of just darkness. While that could be interpreted as 'can lie', I'm gonna go with 'WILL ALWAS lie' for ease. If we take that meaning, it's entirely contradictory, saying that CLefable both does and doesn't lie. Ergo, Clefable is lying about something. If she's lying about Cleffa and tellin the truth about Clefairy, then we have a straightforward solution. Clefable is Dark, the other two are Light.

On principal, I don't offer to give Adrienn the Ruby Ring. Like, even if I was inclined to believe El in all this, Sapphira told me to look after the keys and she's way scarier than Adrienn. I also appreicate Cain's humour even in serious moments like this, and also Radomus' almost funnier responses.

Oooh, there's a nice touch. Cain dropped an 'Oh, so like Azrael. No wonder you're both so cute.' After Adrienn briefly explained the non-binary stuff. I approve of that, I was worried he might act all confused like on my original file, I'm glad to see it was considered. And I swear it was Adrienn suggesting pronouns in my original file, but here it was Cain, likely knowing them from my character. As I said before with the gear, I do love the small details about Reborn.

Although if you talk to Adrienn before opening the door, xe does go on a little mini-rant about xyr understanding it might take me a while to understand or get used to it, and that xe'll explain it better later, despite Cain saying moments ago that my character is non-binary. That's probably a slight oversight, so I'll drop it in bug reporting after I'm done with this.

Now, next logic puzzle. Spoilering this too.

IF(Ty=L): Chan=D, Lee=L

IF(Chan=L): Lee=d, Top=L

IF(Lee=L): Ty=L, Top=d

IF(Top=L): Lee=D, Ty=L

Now, this time to save hassle, I've distinguished between the soft darknesses (d) who can lie or truth, and the hard liars (D), who always lie.

So, two people said Tyrogue was telling the truth, so I'm starting with him. Now, I can say Hitmontop must be dark of some degree. If he was telling the truth, we have contradictions on Hitmonlee. Ergo Chan is dark as well, because he says top is light. If I then take Tyrogue as true, Chan would correctly be a liar [but a full one], making top a correct liar, Lee truth, truth from Lee agrees with Ty, and both his truths work out. Thus Ty & Lee are Light, Chan and Top are dark. Once more, I guess I got the hang of this, because the game agreed!

Now, I have typed an huge amount this post, and we haven't even had a battle yet. I am now going to rectify that, although it may be the only battle.

Now, I side with Radomus for a number of reasons, the first is naturally foreknowledge of the plot. Now, I would LIKE to think that I would side with Radomus on principle even if I was uninformed, given that by now if you've been paying attention it's been all but confirmed that El is Meteor-alligned, and his first few lines when you arrive here at the sanctum do rub me the wrong way. But I remember agonizing over the decision for a while on my original file, so obviously I wouldn't have it as clear cut as I'd like. Either why, this means it's battle time, and I of course am required to win.

Although before that, the exchanges between Radomus and El certainly imply a history between them. And yet when we first met Radomus, he assured us that the first he'd seen of El was him trying to recover Luna. I'm definitely not flly trusting of Radomus, but I'd certainly rather side with him than El.

Team Vs. El:

The Manbat Lv54

Brainfreeze Lv51

Mozilla Lv55

Peach Lv55

Sonicette Lv55

Lucky #6 Lv55

So, for once I'm slightly underlevelled. But I'm going to the grand hall after this to train Airy anyway, so it's not an issue.

My initial plan was to brute force this, but Arceus was 2 stronk 5 me. Thus, I put a sash on Brainfreeze, Icy Winded to cut his Speed, had Peach, who now outspeeds an Arceus 20 LEVELS HIGHER THAN HER when he's at a -1 to Quiver, and then hoped for the best. It didn't do all that much. Next up was Mozilla who Flamethrowered, stealing Leftovers [This is not the first time I've found Magician way more useful than it should be], then Wisping, so El wastes a turn on Full Heal. That turn is spent on an SD from Sonicette, who then gets of a powerful Earthquake, and #6 finished the job with two poison jabs. I'm seriously impressed that half my team was capable of outspeeding a Lv75 with base 120 Speed after just one Icy Wind.

I cannot get over the hilarity of Radomus' costume change to policeman.

Now, I'm just quoting the voice that speaks when you leave, so I can look back at it later, because it's got to be important:

'Hee hee

This is fun...

Hey... Everybody... Come back and play again sometime, okay?

Let's keep playing together for a long, long time.. Isn't that right~? Hehehe...'

It's hard to tell if that's malicious or childish. Due to time shenanigans under the Gates, I'm inclined to believe that's a mischevious Celebi, but... Well, I see no reason for it to not be Arceus itself.

After having time shenanigans explained, I headed back to the Grand Hall in preparation for training, and I think I'll leave it there. Team is identical to last time so I won't pose it, and next time I will probably swap a team member out for Airy. No idea who yet. I'll decide on the fly. And then we can finally get to Radomus' gym battle, and TV, and some other misc stuff I've been meaning to do!

• Developers

Wow, how lucky are you to have found all those shinies (or did you just grind that much? good on ya sir)

this looks interesting and fun though i may try out this challenge run....

Pretty much all my grinding has been in the Grand Hall, so Shinies certainly aren't there. Well, I suppose both Dodrio's can be attributed to pre-Grand Hall Grinding, but otherwise, I've been super lucky, haha. Although I did reset for my starter, obviously, and I breeded the Sneasel until I got a Shiny one. Plus I totally spent all my money on Floral Charms to catch the flabebe.

So yeah, mostly luck. But if you want a super legit tally of what I have, probably best to take away three.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Alrighty, after a really long Haitus, I'm back!

After much thought, despite how useful he's been, we will be boxing Sonicette for Airy.

...Right AFTER beating Radomus. Airy will temporarily be replacing Lucky #6 for the duration of the Psychic Gym, because weaknesses, but after that, I will indeed be cutting down to only one Ground type.

I trained everyone a little bit, but I'm a bit further off of cap than I would like to be. Luckily, however, I recall Radomus being a slight pushover on my original file. Then again, so was Corey and we all saw how that happened on this run.

Airy is fully evolved, but otherwise no team changes. So, I venture through the chess puzzle, which is always fun, meanwhile questioning at what point Elias got out of Radomus' control, if he ever even was. And why he keeps the changed outfit after this. El and Radomus are all rather confusing, as I'm sure I've said plenty of times.

Anyway, the Chess puzzle was nice and fun, so I suppose that means what comes next is...

Team Vs. Radomus:

Sonicette Lv56

The Manbat Lv55

Mozilla Lv56

Peach Lv56

Airy Lv55

Brainfreeze Lv55

Opening variation set.

So, I learnt a cool feature about Reborn. I had The Manbat open up with Calm Mind. Which I believe, thanks to Simple, is +4 Sp.Atk & Sp.Def. I was expecting the usual message of Drastically which happens with +3 and above, but I instead got treated to 'The Manbat's Special Attack went way up!'

So yeah, I opened with Swords Dance on Sonicette and Calm Mind on The Manbat. So we're at +2 and +4. So, of course, I then followed with Earthquake and Psychic.

I did not realise Reuniculus was tanky enough to take a +2 Earthquake. I know Sandslash isn't the strongest pokemon, but wow. Luckily, for the second turn in a row, he opted for Focus Miss instead of trick room.

Now, Metagross took down the Manbat, but Sonicette is still going strong. Peach came out next because she can take about three Quakes from a +2 Sonicette. Together they got both Metagross and Malamar.

Which leaves Slowking and GG herself.

I'm assuming Radomus' levels got dropped a bit. I recall him being the first leader to break level cap, but GG appears to be AT cap here. I guess will be the first one, then. Which is a shame really, because doubles ai refusing to use TR means he's not that hard. Plus Sonicette is really strong.

Anywya, GG and Slowking both took a quake, and then knocked out Peach and Sonicette in vengeance. But they're low on health, so I'll be fine... Right?

...anyway, on to the second attempt.

Second attempt opens with the same pokemon. In fact, im basically trying the same strategy, but hopefully playing a bit better.

This one went even worse. Took out Gallade Early, but Focus miss didn't miss, so I also lost Sonicette early. Meaning the crux of my Earthquake spam strategy is dead so a new strat is needed. I sent Mozilla in expecting Metagross, and I was luckily very correct. He JUST survived a Flamethrower, but thanks to the brilliant judgement of a master chess player, ice punched Mozilla intead of The Manbat. I won't complain, but this ai is a bit... yeah.

Still, it worked for me because it means Radomus ate up his Hyper Potions. Hell, I'd argue this battle is going even better, despite the loss of Sonicette.

And then Reuniculus finally used Trick Room. Balls.

Luckily the remainder of his team is special, and The Manbat is on +6 Sp.Def, and Peach on +2 (Although thanks to the double Quiver, TR makes her slow as hell). So, my entire team sans Mozilla and Sonicette versus Slowking and Gossip Gardevoir. They got Peach, but both are now very low on health. Next turn, they got Brainfreeze, but we got GG. The Manbat is slightly untouchable thanks to Calm Mind Shenanigans. He is no longer a mere Manbat. Therefore Airy+The Godbat go to fight a yellow health Slowking.

Unlike the embarassing end to my first attempt, I did it! Millenium Badge get!

Vanhanen Castle is creepy with a lack of lighting and music. Just wanan throw that out there. And after everything in Astrae, only an idiot would trust Elias for a getaway, methinks. Sadly, the Player is apparently an idiot.

Oh Cain. "I don't go down without a fight. Or at least some sweet talk first."

Anyway though, out of the castle I go, meanwhile Cain namedrops El as E4. (Well, he tecnically only called him one of the Elite. Which means there's a possibility that he's Champ. But c'mon, why him when there's a far more obvious candidate in Victoria Lin Anna.)

Also dearie me, must Radomus TRY to make himself even more confusing? Suggesting he might seem suspicious but then brushing it off as nothing. Who even DOES that? He has the Amethys pendant, for goodness' sake. I'd really like that back.

And... huh. 'I once heard stories of these keys being purchased from a travelling merchant. I wonder who that could've been?'

I... had forgotten this line. Which changes the tone of the story quite a bit. He could be implying himself, or it could be a genuine question, hard to say, as it always is with him. But... There's a character somewhere who has more involvement in all this than we thought, selling these pendants to beging with. Perhaps Radomus, perhaps Shade... Who knows? For once, I don't have any real crazy theories.

Anyway, it was about now I realised I have entirely forgotten to do the Aqua/Magma gang quests. So prepare for some roflstomps next episode as I handle all that. As for this one, I'm going to find a TV and then wrap up, and I'll leave a poll as to which gang I should join.

Anyway, as for the TV:

Interview was with Aya. No interesting reveals, but damn was that funny. Aya calling police on the random talking pokemon that just appeared in her house, Gardevoir making a remark about Hardy, Aya attacking Gardevoir. That sure got a chuckle out of me.

As for the profile, this is the most helpful yet. It tells you what all her pokemon are, given that they're nicknamed, this is a rather significant boon. I remember my first battle with her on my old file was brutal. I got utterly slaughtered.

Anyway, that's all for now! Hopefully I'll be updating more regularly now, although I'm busy over the weekend so there won't be anything until Monday earliest. Which gives more time for the poll on the Gang stuff. Anyway, that's all for now!

Shiny Collection

Mozilla post-49908-0-77110700-1436530102_thumb.png Brainfreeze post-49908-0-86475600-1436530124_thumb.png Jalapeno? post-49908-0-08382000-1436530159_thumb.png

UniqueTyping post-49908-0-66902500-1436530236_thumb.png Jackie Pan post-49908-0-86352000-1436530283_thumb.png Lucky #6 post-49908-0-89586000-1436530300_thumb.png

S. Quawking post-49908-0-12741200-1436530329_thumb.png Sonicette post-49908-0-91186500-1436530360_thumb.png Dr. HAWKing post-49908-0-12741200-1436530329_thumb.png

The Godbat post-49908-0-41213000-1436530409_thumb.png Mystery post-49908-0-83739500-1436530433_thumb.png 0/10NotGrbdr post-49908-0-74510500-1436530452_thumb.png

Peach post-49908-0-38281500-1436530482_thumb.png Bigglesworth post-49908-0-41234800-1436530499_thumb.png Kevin post-49908-0-27368100-1436530514_thumb.png

Airy post-49908-0-25484300-1436530533_thumb.png