Taka and the Best Ending {SPOILERS}

Lord Chespin

Sorry dude but it's already been confirmed by Ame.

well thats kind of disappointing

but its understandable as making different choices in real life will bring about different outcomes

its still better then the 4th gen onward real games where the story is so thick that the only choice you make is your starter and what pokemon you catch

She just asks for candy. Those morons are giving her blue moon ice cream.

You're wrong. If you have no candy in your bag, and the only type of ice cream you have is blue moon, then stuff happens. And knowing Ame, it's very likely that stuff is required for the secret ending.

You're wrong. If you have no candy in your bag, and the only type of ice cream you have is blue moon, then stuff happens. And knowing Ame, it's very likely that stuff is required for the secret ending.

She gives you special text if you give her a Blue Moon Ice Cream?

I really hope this isn't the case. Tossing all of the candy and ice cream from your bag, leaving the Water Treatment Facility, and then grinding endlessly for a Blue Moon Ice Cream just to unlock a better story branch is quite possibly one of the least enjoyable things that I can think of doing in a video game.

This entire concept of "seemingly-trivial-yes-or-no-questions-throughout-the-story-actually-secretly-contribute-to-a-good-or-bad-ending" has a very feel-bad vibe to it. In my opinion, they have the serious potential to detract from one's enjoyment of the game.

If the player is aware of the alternate ending mechanic, then it puts pressure on them whenever they're presented with a choice. "Which of these choices is the 'correct' choice? I have no way of knowing until the game is completed in the distant future."

If they aren't aware, then the inevitable revelation will leave them thinking, "Oh god, have I been screwing up throughout my entire playthrough? I've been progressing through the game, yet I've still been doing things wrong that I can no longer change? How is that fair?"

That's how I'm feeling right now about which item I give to Titania, and it's how I feel about whether or not I should battle Taka. I'm no longer enjoying the experience as much as I should, because there's a constantly-looming question of "Am I doing things properly? If I make the wrong choice now, there's no fixing it later."

She gives you special text if you give her a Blue Moon Ice Cream?

I really hope this isn't the case. Tossing all of the candy and ice cream from your bag, leaving the Water Treatment Facility, and then grinding endlessly for a Blue Moon Ice Cream just to unlock a better story branch is quite possibly one of the least enjoyable things that I can think of doing in a video game.

This entire concept of "seemingly-trivial-yes-or-no-questions-throughout-the-story-actually-secretly-contribute-to-a-good-or-bad-ending" has a very feel-bad vibe to it. In my opinion, they have the serious potential to detract from one's enjoyment of the game.

If the player is aware of the alternate ending mechanic, then it puts pressure on them whenever they're presented with a choice. "Which of these choices is the 'correct' choice? I have no way of knowing until the game is completed in the distant future."

If they aren't aware, then the inevitable revelation will leave them thinking, "Oh god, have I been screwing up throughout my entire playthrough? I've been progressing through the game, yet I've still been doing things wrong that I can no longer change? How is that fair?"

That's how I'm feeling right now about which item I give to Titania, and it's how I feel about whether or not I should battle Taka. I'm no longer enjoying the experience as much as I should, because there's a constantly-looming question of "Am I doing things properly? If I make the wrong choice now, there's no fixing it later."

That's actually the good part about decisions. They help you feel integrated into the game by making you think about each choice's consequences so you're not just pressing a button. It's good to be pressured, it shows you care and you're involved in the story, that's what I'm trying to say.

I agree about the ice cream part though, that would be annoying.

Edited by ArcanaShift

You want to know what changes if you give her Blue Moon? I tested it with an older save.

She refuses to take it for like 5 times, and after that if you still decide to give it to her she thanks you. For the first time in the whole game. Even asks you if you would like to share it. Just a small enough thing in one character's mindset towards you that it's going to probably change something big time. Darn it. Don't really bother going through the WTC and battles in Fiore Mansion (as they lag a ton with me) but darn it.

You want to know what changes if you give her Blue Moon? I tested it with an older save.

She refuses to take it for like 5 times, and after that if you still decide to give it to her she thanks you. For the first time in the whole game. Even asks you if you would like to share it. Just a small enough thing in one character's mindset towards you that it's going to probably change something big time. Darn it. Don't really bother going through the WTC and battles in Fiore Mansion (as they lag a ton with me) but darn it.

Thanks for sharing that, I was curious too about what would happen if you give her a Blue Moon :P

In my case I gave her a normal Ice cream, but she just says the normal response to me.

That's actually the good part about decisions. They help you feel integrated into the game by making you think about each choice's consequences so you're not just pressing a button. It's good to be pressured, it shows you care and you're involved in the story, that's what I'm trying to say.

I agree about the ice cream part though, that would be annoying.

I don't know if it's the right fit for such a long and linear story, though. You could be making all the right decisions and still get a substandard ending because "Uh oh, looks like you missed a police officer in the Beryl Ward three years ago!"

I don't know if it's the right fit for such a long and linear story, though. You could be making all the right decisions and still get a substandard ending because "Uh oh, looks like you missed a police officer in the Beryl Ward three years ago!"

Yeah in a game like this, I feel that would be really irritating. This isn't Pokemon Reborn: Made by Telltale Games

Of course I can't be perfectly sure about this, but I think we should look at the "perfect" ending as something that expands the regular one through a couple extra scenes or something, I don't think it's likely that it will be a completely different ending to the story. This way, you can get the regular ending on the first run without being disappointed and at the same time be motivated to play the game again for the extra scenes you've missed (and the alternate dialogues here and there that you have missed).

Anyways, this is just conjecture, only Ame knows what the perfect ending will be like.

When and where do you get the ability to give Titania the ice-cream by the way? That option didn't come up for me...

It happens near the beginning after she jumps, she should move in a corner and talk to her twice on the second time she should ask if you have any candy.

• Administrators

Giving her Blue Moon Ice Cream isn't critical to the story, but as was pointed out, yes, it does change her demeanor. That's about all.

It will still be possible to get the same "ending" a "correct" file does even if those choices aren't made. Consider the "correct" choices a bonus/shortcut.

Giving her Blue Moon Ice Cream isn't critical to the story, but as was pointed out, yes, it does change her demeanor. That's about all.

It will still be possible to get the same "ending" a "correct" file does even if those choices aren't made. Consider the "correct" choices a bonus/shortcut.

Hallelujah! Praise the Arceus and his messenger, our loved Ame! I did start again a few hours of gameplay behind to get her the Blue Moon but it doesn't really matter. Great that the fact that I only rescued 4 of the officers a year ago before battling Taka & ZEL doesn't destroy my chances for the "final" ending. :-)

Hallelujah! Praise the Arceus and his messenger, our loved Ame! I did start again a few hours of gameplay behind to get her the Blue Moon but it doesn't really matter. Great that the fact that I only rescued 4 of the officers a year ago before battling Taka & ZEL doesn't destroy my chances for the "final" ending. :-)

Yeah it'll be cool to compare my two filed where I made all different choices. Will make sure to have a spare blue moon as well~

• 5 weeks later...

I've been intentionally choosing opposite choices in my second file for that very reason.

Same here, working on that now. (Starting over isn't fun though... I like having Blaziken with Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut, not Combuskin with Double Kick and Ember...)