Random Movements

Blazennight283

I've noticed that a lot of over world Pokemon and people can wander anywhere, this can possibly get you stuck, to a degree, let's use the donphans at the circus, as they can wander anywhere they can technically, block your way to route 2. Maybe make it so they have a set area of movement so that they don't block anything?

yeah one time there was one in front of the pc so i couldnt move it till it moved. I would remove the donphans in general cuz the circus is not that big of a place so they kinda just block u sometimes and its not that annoying but its just like unnecessary.

BLehGSG.png

"Back off scrub, I'm playing minesweeper"

I'd actually love to have the possibility of fighting these things to get them off the overworld. Especially if they were on an insane level, like 85, which is tough for the time we first enter the circus.

I'd actually love to have the possibility of fighting these things to get them off the overworld. Especially if they were on an insane level, like 85, which is tough for the time we first enter the circus.

But then there comes the possibility of catching the Donphan and then you have a high leveled, powerful pokemon. Happy things like that don't happen in Reborn :(

But then there comes the possibility of catching the Donphan and then you have a high leveled, powerful pokemon. Happy things like that don't happen in Reborn :(

We can't use or abuse a lvl 85 Donphan right now without some common candy, and when we arrive there, it can actually abuse us. And there's always the "pokemon as its trainer" tactic we've seen with Steelix, Mr Biggles and others.

I mean, there's a jerk of a Donphan telling you to back off 'cause his playing minesweeper. Would you allow that? :P

• Administrators

In the actual GBA games, when you create a sprite, you have to set its possible horizontal and vertical movement boundaries. Is this not the case in Essentials?

It's not. RMXP just has set movement route to Random. And that's the show. Setting boundaries for them is pretty tedious, inconsistent, and unreliable.

I can block them off from certain spots with blank events though, and I did that for that PC in 15.

• Administrators

It's more of an RMXP thing than an Essentials thing. Granted, a work-around probably could have been scripted in, but I understand it not being a priority especially when most of the time, it's not a problem.

• Global Mods

@not being able to use level 80 Donphan: You can still use it, it'd just be less reliable. Disobeying doesn't mean they /never/ obey you, just that they obey you sometimes and other times they don't. My team are level 86-87, and I've been above the level cap since the first Team Meteor encounter in the factory, since I battled pretty much everyone in Peridot before I figured out where I need to go. I was worried I'd have to make a new team for every single area or just quit at that point, but when I saw Braixen still obeyed /sometimes/, I decided to just keep going.