Starting my first *proper* Reborn run

43 members have voted

1. 1. What type should I start with?

• Water
    • Earth (Grass)
    • EVERYTHING CHANGED WHEN THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED

So,open question. I'll be starting my first proper Reborn run. Played the intro a few times to test and see if the game works and it does.

Starters. I can never decide on which to take, and so am leaving my type options open. Leaving them for you to decide, as pjblic choice is always best.

Thoughts and opinions are valued, I just aim to enjoy myself.

Edited by Sophisticated Squirtle

If you want my personal opinion, Mudkip is definitely one of the better choices, as Water/Ground is a great STAB combo once you get it to a Swampert. Be wary though as you won't get your physical moves until a bit later. If you want something that won't have much type coverage without TMs, Cyndaquil is a fairly good choice as Tyhplosion hits fast and fairly hard. Other than that really, any starter is fine, so long as you're willing to take a couple risks with the Pokemon you train throughout the game. Don't be afraid to experiment!

chose fire just because of the description.

[18:10:15] Explosms: I like people voting fire types
[18:10:25] Explosms: Cause that means Cyndaquil
... you might not want to limit yourself to cyndaquil. its a good starter and all, but cyndi is abalivle in 7th street, and there are good starter-exclusives such as charmander.. but its your choice... just saying...
enjoy your reborn run!
Edited by Sinikuro013

Fire are the best !

Torchic is OP with speed boost and the strong moves it naturally learn (Hi Jump Kick, Blase Kick, Brave Bird, Bulk Up,...)

Chimchar is a lower version of Torchic, really good but not OP.

Fennekin is also really strong. I'm currently using it for my psychic run and I'm really surprised by its strength

Cyndaquil can evolve into a powerful Typhlosion with Eruption. Not my favorite however

And Charmender... No need to say more

I also tried Froakie and Turtwig. Froakie, even with Protean, is not really good due to its poor movepool and the lack of TM in the game. Turtig was also a surprise, I swept several leaders with only Grotle/Torterra. 6 Curse to boost it and a mainly physical leader can't even scratch it.