• Totodile
    • Mudkip
    • Froakie
  2. 2. Choose my "gift"!

• Marill
    • Wooper
    • Frillish

THIS RUN HAS STARTED! CLICK HERE TO SEE IT~

Hey everyone, I'm going to do a Mono-Water Nuzlocke when E15 releases.

Current starter options from my PoV (point of view): Totodile, Mudkip or Froakie.

Allow me to briefly explain why I'm choosing one of these;

Totodile158.png

Totodile is a versatile and bulky-ish Pokémon when it fully evolves into Feraligatr. It's a singular type, but has the amazing hidden ability Sheer Force, which boosts the power of moves with secondary effects. Feraligatr can learn Crunch and Ice Fang to have these boosted, but here's the problem; Aqua Tail comes at an extremely high level, meaning you will be stuck with Water Gun until you get Surf/Dive, or not evolve Totodile until 43, or Croconaw until 51. On the plus side, the Totodile family evolves fairly early.

Mudkip258.png

Mudkip gets amazing coverage once it fully evolves into Swampert, with moves like Muddy Water and Earthquake to give it 2 STAB moves that could potentially crush entire teams. Not only that, Swampert also has access to Rock Slide and Hammer Arm, giving it a full moveset with very reliable coverage. The only downside is Swampert's speed.

Froakie 656.png

Froakie would just be "another" Water-type, if it weren't for its amazing hidden ability; Protean. This turns Froakie and its later evolutions into STAB-abusive monsters. It has very high Speed and Special Attack, but fairly low defenses and HP, leaving it frail and easy to knock out (which is something you don't want in a Nuzlocke, damnit). With Dark Pulse being fixed for E15 for Frogadier/Greninja, it'll have access to that, alongside Extrasensory and Water Pulse (not sure if Scald is there yet), or even Surf.

These are my options for starter Pokémon. However- This will be a Nuzlocke and I'll have to set a few rules to actually attempt to complete this run and considering the difficulty of Reborn, I do believe using a certain amount of (Max) Revives is neccessary. Also, I would like you guys to vote for a gift from the PokéGods cough to provide me with a second Pokémon I'm allowed to pick up at the beginning of the game, being one of these three;

Marill 183.png Wooper 194.pngor Frillish 592.png

I'll leave a double-poll up for you guys to help me decide what path I'll be choosing to start with and what "gift" I may receive from the PokéGods.

As for the rules;

- Up to 6 Max Revives ONLY can be used throughout the entirety of the run.

- Mining rocks can be soft-resetted for ONCE only.

- Up to 3 Revives ONLY can be used throughout the entirety of the run.

- All obtained Pokémon must be given nicknames.

- Player may soft-reset for Gym Leader battles.

- Any fainted Pokémon must be deposited into the PC and is presumed "dead" and may not be revived until player finds a Max Revive or normal Revive item.

- Presumed "dead" Pokémon can only be brought back to life ONCE IN THE ENTIRE RUN.

I have huge respect for what you're doing, so one question: The hell are you gonna get past flobot?

Wartortle is the only water Pokemon I know that can KO the Cradily, but I think there are other Pokemon that can fight the Breloom such as Ducklett and a certain other Pokemon is moved back to Ep 1.

I can attest to this because I defeated Pre-Nerf Florinia with a Wartortle. It was hard as hell though.

so since you'll be able to get mudkip lateron and froakie.., actually I just don't like it but it is a lot more fragile than totodile so .. Totodile'd be my vote :0

Mudkip event is axed for e15 (presumably), if you've seen the obtainables chart, that's why I listed it as one of the options :[

• Veterans

Wartortle is the only water Pokemon I know that can KO the Cradily, but I think there are other Pokemon that can fight the Breloom such as Ducklett and a certain other Pokemon is moved back to Ep 1.

I can attest to this because I defeated Pre-Nerf Florinia with a Wartortle. It was hard as hell though.

Marshtomp stops Cradily COLD,it cannot touch marshtomp at all :P

The cradily isn't actually that big of a deal for a mono water run (at least, not more so than it is in a normal run) - it doesn't even use any grass moves, and it doesn't resist water either.

Depending on how lenient you're going to be about going over the level cap, panpour could do a ton of work against Florinia - at level 31 it learns acrobatics, so you could level it up to 31 and then common candy it down to 25 again (I think using overleveled pokemon is kind of cheating personally, but leveling it up to get a move and then common candying it back down seems a bit of a grey area to me). If you're going to allow catching other pokemon for the purposes of breeding/trading etc. then Panpour can also learn low kick from breeding (if you get a female panpour at least) to make dealing with the cradily a lot easier.

The closer the release of e15 gets, the more I'm starting to fear the outcome of this playthrough.

So far, it's looking like I'll be starting with a Totodile and Frillish. If you haven't casted a vote on what my starter & gift Pokémon should be, do so at the top!

Just have good anti-grass coverage against things like Fern with your Mudkip. Not much is probably needed.

Anti-Grass.. As I see it now, I'll definitely be needing something to tank against Fern/Florinia. >>;

I voted in favor of Froakie and Frillish. Frillish is invaluable on a Nuzlocke as it can tank all sorts of hits. Froakie can dish out insane damage and comepletely run rings aroung the AI if you play correctly. Yes, it is frail. But you to have a bit more power than a Frillish to survive on this run. Bulky-Stall does not work as well in Reborn as it does in Comp.