Normal Type gym leader help

foovy10

Well my plan for this gym to burn the clefable didn't work so I need help pls. If anyone knows a way i can deal with this annoying clefable pls let me know

My team is: KlingKlang(Gear grind, Mirror Shot, Charge Beam, Discharge)

Scrafty(Crunch,HJK,BrickBreak, Rock Climb)

Noivern(Air Slash, Shadow Ball, Air Cutter, Cut)

Diggersby(Nature Power, Rock Smash,Mud shot,Bounce)

Greninja(Water Pulse, Extrasensory,Substitute, Smack Down)

Dusclops(Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Willo Whisps, Hex)[btw if anyone knows where the reaper cloth is in this game is the info would be useful aswell]

Reaper cloth comes in about 5 badges more. A good poke is Escavalier. Great typing with nothing on his team that can ruin it and if you trade for it in Spinel then it grows at 2x exp.

Does clef able have Magic guard? Imo just gear grind the dumb clefable

yes it has magic guard and the problem with gear grinding it is that she has cosmic power, soft boil, and leftovers with a field that heals the pokemon everyturn. and the fact that gear grind has a pretty big chance of missing is another problem with the spamming gear grind strategy and it only does about 40% of its health

i dunno if you will be ok with changing your team since there are actually pretty good combos to kill this thing easily.. but let's try this with the pokemon you have there:

1. the most obvious would be klingklangs gear grind. So why not go mixed with this thing and go get a heart scale to replace charge beam or mirror shot with Shift Gear and switch into clef and boost up a few times and kill it with gear grind.

2. scrafty should be able to learn swagger per heart scale which is far more useful than rock climb, imo and especially against a special mon like clef it should be pretty useful

3. running a special diggersby isn't really the best choice you have so how bout making it physical? fassade should be available on lv 53 and swords dance per heart scale.. this way you would be able to set up a swords dance or two since its rather bulky and then kill it or at least deal enough dmg to revenge kill

these would be your best shots i guess.. if you want to change out a member i would recommend a Poison type to go with sludge wave .. nidoking or dragalge
muk and crobat should also be good counter-mons.

i dunno if you will be ok with changing your team since there are actually pretty good combos to kill this thing easily.. but let's try this with the pokemon you have there:

1. the most obvious would be klingklangs gear grind. So why not go mixed with this thing and go get a heart scale to replace charge beam or mirror shot with Shift Gear and switch into clef and boost up a few times and kill it with gear grind.

2. scrafty should be able to learn swagger per heart scale which is far more useful than rock climb, imo and especially against a special mon like clef it should be pretty useful

3. running a special diggersby isn't really the best choice you have so how bout making it physical? fassade should be available on lv 53 and swords dance per heart scale.. this way you would be able to set up a swords dance or two since its rather bulky and then kill it or at least deal enough dmg to revenge kill

these would be your best shots i guess.. if you want to change out a member i would recommend a Poison type to go with sludge wave .. nidoking or dragalge

muk and crobat should also be good counter-mons.

Thanks for the advice i guess ill try some of that stuff but one thing i wanna say is from what i heard u need a good rod to catch dragalge which isnt in the game + where does a man get a Nidoking around here I need one of those in my rotation i would love too add one of those two into my group of pokemon

move relearner is in the onyx ward, remember the girl searching for her house key? you can find her key inside one of those cracks at the railnet.
After finding them you'll be able to enter her house and do the thing.

Edited by Mimmu

My escavalier ruined the entire team by itself. Didn't know hp fire was a thing since the field never assisted/he never used it. I would lead and end with the steel type since minccino can't do much against a steel type unless he starts with wiggly now. Arcanine heatwave can also ruin his day but leaves your team at a disadvantage. Truthfully your team should more than be able to check his, just change the moves that they have since their sets seem a little over the place.

Ahaha, this is the one leader I had trouble with and no fighting type to really get me through it. It took a metronome and a bit of stat boosting to overcome it for me. I just had to think a while for the plan.

Get a fire type with Eruption/Lava Plume/Heat Wave/Flame Burst.

If you have a way to clear Noel's birds, do it. Then, just burn the field. Everything that isn't fire is going to take scaling damage, and the fire damage bonus is all you need.

As long as the Clefairy doesn't set up, I guess.