Reborn difficulty

Ethan Cole

Its not that hard, I have made a video for every Gym. I beat them all using only 1 or 2 pokemon and no items. You can check it out here. If you just get the pokemon I used, or pokemon with a simmilar typing/attacks, and a few random ones you wont have a hard time. Now put in some training + use some potions/revives and it will be a 100% win.

Where I find Emolga? I see in windy days but I can't reach it.

Scraggy also? In EP14 I can't find it.

I'll not restart the game. 1st run took me 50 hours, and the secon 35. I'm a very slow player, I admit.

Thanks for the advice about field effects.

Emolga: I found mine on a Windy Day at night in the tree across from the Pokemon Center in Jasper Ward. It can be hard to spot:

More info:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11906

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13417entry304709

Scraggy: You need the Dull Key from the Underground Railnet (if you didn't get it before Cain escaped, you can't get it now) to open a door in the Obsidia Slums that leads to a place called "Pancham's Playground" where you can get a Scaggy after defeating several Pangoros. Rough fights, but totally worth it! ;)

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13875

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13417entry308929

Kiki's field effect (Ashen Beach) also strengthens the move "Psychic," so higher-level Psychic-types can be very useful in this fight.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/fields.html

Hope this helps! ^_^

Edited by ReddestDream

Stop scaring the guy with this talk of needing 15 pokes and Iv training on all of them.

A well balanced team is more valuable than any of those. Then if a gym is uber tough, you just need to make a simple substitution of one poke to counter the field, two in the worst case.

Strategy, supporter mons, sweepers, tanks. A good balance of these will save you time in training 15 perfect pokes.

Not sure why people say you need 15 'mons for this o.O I'm using the same 6 I picked up and dont even bother ev-training them, all it takes is a little strategy . Maybe at times you'll need a couple(1-2) of substitute pokemon but not 15 surely

my game play state i've played more than 1000 hours, during my pokemon training, i just use rmfps to speed up the game to improve my training process without hack it and to make sure my pokemon can beat the gym. Also, for gym battle, i challenge my myself dun use a single potion to heal my pokemon, i might restart the gym battle jz to test my pokemon :D

Eh i've also never used a potion in gym battles, definitely props currently training two pokes and it's already a pain

my game play state i've played more than 1000 hours, during my pokemon training, i just use rmfps to speed up the game to improve my training process without hack it and to make sure my pokemon can beat the gym. Also, for gym battle, i challenge my myself dun use a single potion to heal my pokemon, i might restart the gym battle jz to test my pokemon :D

I do the same thing. If the gym battle is too easy, I reset in the hopes of making it harder.

When people claim "it's not that hard," they usually say it from the perspective of hindsight after they have figured out a strategy to overcome whatever challenge you've asked about. Obviously the challenge doesn't seem hard when the person knows the solution already. It's like if you had all the answers to a test and then claimed that the test wasn't "that hard."

That said, there exist strategies, both specific and non-specific, that Amethyst can't cover with only 4 moveslots per Pokemon plus a field effect, and the AI isn't capable of adaptation. A Pokemon game can only be so difficult.

Edited by dondon151

The thing is: in a gym battle, there is room to make a bad move/prediction/calculation most of the time, if you stick to a minimal team of 6-7 members. I got through ep. 14 with only 7 mons, of which I trained Metagross mainly for the icy field. I started in ep.10-11, though, so things might've gotten more balanced. (no, I didn't use gyarados nor blaziken)
But yeah, you mainly should save often (in case you need to scout some bosses), and think of a way to get around it.