Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Help me find pokemon to beat noel please

darkwaters33

Question

Long story short I cant beat noel with my team. Charizard, gengar and donphan are staying on my squad for this fight because they are the only ones proven to be very helpful. my main problem is I have no one to withstand Swellows facade. So can someone help me find an aron to evolve into aggron. Also my ampharos is to slow to hit swellow so i was looking for eevee to evolve into jolteon to outspeed his birds. And if anyone can help me find an azumarrill to replace floatzel for this fight, because it learns superpower, that would be greatly appreciated. thank you. (also if you have any other suggestions for pokemon to use besides these three im trying to find please let me know)

15 answers to this question

Anything steel works. Magneton, Mawille, Excadrill, take your pick. As of Swellow, you just have to OHKO it before the flame orb kicks in, and that's easy, one Supereffective move and it's out.

If you wanna be a little more pro, catch an Arbok in the Tanzan Depths, make sure it has Gastro Acid, put Sludge Wave on it and go at Clefabe. Use these two moves to corrupt the field and remove its ability, and then just kill it. It hates Defense or SpD lowering moves.

^^Speaking of Arbok, Acid Spray makes that Clefable a push-over.

As for stuff useful against everything Noel has, Hustle Durant annihilates everything in it's path (except for maybe-Swellow if you don't EV train Durant)

The thing about Noel's battle is that it's outside, which means you can use weather effects to your advantage.

When I battled Noel the first time, I made it a sunny day and I had my Typhlosion use Lava Plume, which combusted the field. I completely destroyed him. Does your charizard have any moves that could do that?

Does your Floatzel have swift swim? If you make it rain and lead with Floatzel, you'd have another advantage.

The best advise I can give is that you should use the field to your advantage, I personally use toxic spikes/sludge wave so that even if Noel spams defensive moves he keeps losing health, so perhaps you can find something simulat that suits your style, for this field you can either manipulate it into a pro fire or a pro poison field. I hope this might give you an idea.

aggron and excadrill can destroy him.personally i did not use those against him.I managed to defeat 4 of his pokemon with my infernape.his Cinccino was the only pokemon in this game to outspeed my Infernape.In general every steel/rock type is good against him

If I remember correctly, when I battled Noel Arcanine, Magnaton, and a combo of Heat Rock/Drought Vulpix with a Chlorophyll Venusaur using Solar Beam/Sleep Powder/Growth/Leech Seed wrecked him. Magnaton dealt with Swellow pretty easily, and Venusaur was able to sweep after a single growth until the drought ran out.

Hey,

I played to rebron 2 times now and both times i used field effects on him.

On my first play through i had NidoQueen Use Sludgewave and on my Second one my Camerupts used lava plume .

That way Noel is a pushover :)

The easiest way to aquire sludgewave is as far as i know by catching a muk using a good rod. Good luck

This battle is always a doozy. Wigglytuff can be set up on by a mon like Garbodor who works well here. Electric types can help against swellow, especially Luxray as it gets intimidate. Have something faster than Porygon Z and you'll be safe. Clefable gets rekt by Garbodor. Destroy his remaining pokemon. Screw Cincinno, etc.

I had an EV trained Dragalge with sludge wave, it destroyed Wigglytuff and the field effect. Then I just sent in Medicham which killed the rest of his team, even outspeed his Cinccino because of EVs, can't remember if it was faster than Swellow.

Edited by NameNotFound

3 words: timid eruption Typhlosion

Used this on my first playthrough to just beat noel a new one but that Cinccino rock blast took him down. Aron are found in the underground railnet but you have to switch the tracks around to open up the other entrance and then travel downward to some steel pillars which you can then headbutt to get arons to battle.

If you want to use the team you've got currently, be sure to use Gengar against the Wigglytuff and Swellow. Gengar is part Poison, so that takes care of Wigglytuff, it takes no damage from Swellow's Facade, but be wary of other moves (Pretty sure it knows Brave Bird too)