Shade's Gym and Lin (spoilers)

leocain

This is something that has been bothering me since I saw Lin's sprite (a recently talked about topic on the forum). So, I was seeing a Let's play of Reborn (to see a few things I may have missed) and it struck me.

As you know, on Shade's Gym, there are four monitors, showing four scenes of someone dying (or, I hope in Amaria's case, apparent death). Corey's suicide, our current disaster with Amaria and Titania, Kiki's death at the hands of Solaris' Garchomp and what seems to be Lin, bursting into light before falling to pieces.

Since it was next to Corey's, I thought it might be a scene from the past, but it could also be the future. Just what does that mean?

Think of Shade as like the cleaner for Reborn corpses.

He's some sort of necro entity (death involved) that allows you to see those visions.

Also, if you don't wanna spoil it don't read Chubb's spoiler.

Eh, reached the end of chapter already, so it doesn't really mater.

Spoilers:

If you beat E14, the message it says for E15 is that only two screens are real.

Spoilers:

Amaria still jumped down a cliff, so whatever it is it's gonna seem to happen. So what's gonna happen, we are gonna see Lin pulling a Doombot?

[spoil

Eh, reached the end of chapter already, so it doesn't really mater.

Spoilers:

Amaria still jumped down a cliff, so whatever it is it's gonna seem to happen. So what's gonna happen, we are gonna see Lin pulling a Doombot?

well it's not set in stone that all the visions have to "happen" . It could be that Amaria's vision seemed to happen e.g. she jumped off but won't die, because at the time, we didn't have the E15 spoiler, so the suspense still had to be there. For Lin, however, we already kinda expect that the vision is fake so it's possible there won't be a need for her to seemingly fall to pieces

But then we get into the time paradox theory about young Lin who is trapped at the arc place where we first met adrienn. Then we know she wouldn't technically die if there is two of her. But then... What if the screens messages weren't even trying to display the message of death? What if we are interpreting this all wrong and the Corey and Kiki's screens are the false ones because they did die? Something is going on here. That is probably just one crazy theory, but um... Well if you found Coreys super spoilerific room with super amazing item in it, you'd see that Corey had some last message written out... So by that logic can his be considered false as his legacy still lives on? Honestly I have a lot of theories and questions about these "False Screens."

Wait, what did the teaser say again? i don't remember :[

"Forget not: four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken...
...For forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken."
...that being said, "foreshadowed"... Corey's death wasn't "foreshadowed" by the screens, it had already happened. So only the other three would count, or so I would imagine.
...or perhaps I'm completely wrong. Or reading too much into this. Who knows, really.

"Forget not: four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken...
...For forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken."
...that being said, "foreshadowed"... Corey's death wasn't "foreshadowed" by the screens, it had already happened. So only the other three would count, or so I would imagine.
...or perhaps I'm completely wrong. Or reading too much into this. Who knows, really.

It means that all four of the events depicted will transpire, but only two (Kiki's and Corey's) will result in deaths.

It means that all four of the events depicted will transpire, but only two (Kiki's and Corey's) will result in deaths.

Unless... Corey and/or Kiki are still alive somehow!

An unlikely idea, since we saw them die, but hey! This is Reborn we're talking about.

(sorry for poor English, also, I have actually copied this from one of my previous posts)

So I just finished episode 14 yesterday and saw the spoiler, it is a poem which is quite obviously related to what we saw in Shade's gym.

I don't remember the exact wording of the poem, but the most important message that the poem carries is that among the four screens, two are "true" while two are "false".

So, what does "true" and "false" mean?

The meaning of "true" should be quite obvious, which is the deaths that would really happen or have already happened. So, Corey and Kiki are the "true" ones.

Then what about the meaning of "false"? In my opinion, "false" means two things:

Firstly, it means that the death is "false", in other words, Amaria and Lin will survive after experiencing the incident shown on the screen. This is quite obvious for Amaria though (since we have to challenge her later). Yet, it also means that Lin will survive that "self explosion" and survive, which seems quite impossible......or is it...?

This leads to my second point, which is that being "false" also means that what we saw on the Amaria and Lin screens are slightly distorted from the reality. Originally, many of us thought that Titania was going to push Amaria into the cascade but what the screen really showed was a failed attempt to rescue Amaria from committing suicide.

So, in Lin's case, she might be able to survive the "self explosion" simply because we also misinterpreted this "prophecy": what was shown on the screen might not be a "self explosion" at all...

So, what's actually happening in Lin's "prophecy"?

I had no idea at first, until I realized that this game is called "Pokemon REBORN"

Lin is the current leader of team meteor, whose goal is very likely to collect four keys and FREE ARCEUS.

Would it be possible that after arceus is free, Lin plans to absorb the power of arceus, turning herself into a being more powerful than humans?

When watching Lin's body falling apart after the "self explosion", it kinda reminds me of how a butterfly emerges from a cocoon, where a "old shell" collapses and a new body emerges.

It makes sense if someone wants to become something that surpasses human, he needs to "dispose" the "old body".

Therefore, what I'm trying to say is: Lin is not going to "self destruct", what we saw in Shade's gym is actually herself acquiring the power of arceus, absorbs it (forming the "holy light" that looks like explosion), and then becomes a godlike being while her "old body" was disposed and fell apart like a cocoon.

We didn't saw the "new Lin" emerging from the "disposed body" in Shade's gym because what we saw regarding Lin was "false"(partly distorted), just like in the Amaria case, Amaria actually fall off before Titania reaches her but in Shade's gym the time gap is narrowed so is looks like Titania reached Amaria after she fell off.

(sorry again for writng too long ^_^)

Edited by Vertex74

(sorry for poor English, also, I have actually copied this from one of my previous posts)

So I just finished episode 14 yesterday and saw the spoiler, it is a poem which is quite obviously related to what we saw in Shade's gym.

I don't remember the exact wording of the poem, but the most important message that the poem carries is that among the four screens, two are "true" while two are "false".

The meaning of "true" should be quite obvious, which is the deaths that would really happen or have already happened. So, Corey and Kiki are the "true" ones.

Then what about the meaning of "false"? In my opinion, "false" means two things:

Firstly, it means that the death is "false", in other words, Amaria and Lin will survive after experiencing the incident shown on the screen. This is quite obvious for Amaria though (since we have to challenge her later). Yet, it also means that Lin will survive that "self explosion" and survive, which seems quite impossible......or is it...?

This leads to my second point, which is that being "false" also means that what we saw on the Amaria and Lin screens are slightly distorted from the reality. Originally, many of us thought that Titania was going to push Amaria into the cascade but what the screen really showed was a failed attempt to rescue Amaria from committing suicide.

So, in Lin's case, she might be able to survive the "self explosion" simply because we also misinterpreted this "prophecy": what was shown on the screen might not be a "self explosion" at all...

I was thinking of the same thing actually, that only 2 screens would result in real "deaths" and the other ones would be false.

When watching Lin's body falling apart after the "self explosion", it kinda reminds me of how a butterfly emerges from a cocoon, where a "old shell" collapses and a new body emerges.

It makes sense if someone wants to become something that surpasses human, he needs to "dispose" the "old body".

Therefore, what I'm trying to say is: Lin is not going to "self destruct", what we saw in Shade's gym is actually herself acquiring the power of arceus, absorbs it (forming the "holy light" that looks like explosion), and then becomes a godlike being while her "old body" was disposed and fell apart like a cocoon.

We didn't saw the "new Lin" emerging from the "disposed body" in Shade's gym because what we saw regarding Lin was "false"(partly distorted), just like in the Amaria case, Amaria actually fall off before Titania reaches her but in Shade's gym the time gap is narrowed so is looks like Titania reached Amaria after she fell off.

I don't know why, but reading this part made me remember Bleach for some reason...

Edited by pyroice

Unless... Corey and/or Kiki are still alive somehow!

An unlikely idea, since we saw them die, but hey! This is Reborn we're talking about.

Nah, as regrettable as it is to say, that's not a possibility. We saw them both die with our own eyes. Corey's soul is manifested into a Gengar in Shade's team and Kiki is... also gone. I get that the game is called Pokemon Reborn but inferring the eventual rebirth of all deceased characters just over the title of the game is too far fetched :/

So, what's actually happening in Lin's "prophecy"?

I had no idea at first, until I realized that this game is called "Pokemon REBORN"

Lin is the current leader of team meteor, whose goal is very likely to collect four keys and FREE ARCEUS.

Would it be possible that after arceus is free, Lin plans to absorb the power of arceus, turning herself into a being more powerful than humans?

I think theorizing Lin to be planning on merging with Arceus is a bit of a long stretch too. A lot of Team Meteors focuses centralize on purifying things, specifically the region (or at least that's Solaris' confirmed ambition). Merging a human, the Leader of Meteor particularly, with a pokemon is impurifying both Lin and Arceus. Plus that doesn't at all sound like a move Ame would pull with the story :s But that's just me

Nah, as regrettable as it is to say, that's not a possibility. We saw them both die with our own eyes. Corey's soul is manifested into a Gengar in Shade's team and Kiki is... also gone. I get that the game is called Pokemon Reborn but inferring the eventual rebirth of all deceased characters just over the title of the game is too far fetched :/

Yeah, that would sound more like a Snakewood-spinoff...

Perhaps her spirit remains conserved, making it able to swap her body for another? Some shenanigans involving Sirius' Chandelure, or Eclipse's body, possibly?

I think theorizing Lin to be planning on merging with Arceus is a bit of a long stretch too. A lot of Team Meteors focuses centralize on purifying things, specifically the region (or at least that's Solaris' confirmed ambition). Merging a human, the Leader of Meteor particularly, with a pokemon is impurifying both Lin and Arceus. Plus that doesn't at all sound like a move Ame would pull with the story :s But that's just me

I dunno, that may be true, but Eclipse did say that things changed when Lin took charge. Guess we haven't seen how much, but she does seem a bit power-hungry, but we just have to see for ourselves how far is she willing to go.

Yeah, that would sound more like a Snakewood-spinoff...

Perhaps her spirit remains conserved, making it able to swap her body for another? Some shenanigans involving Sirius' Chandelure, or Eclipse's body, possibly?

AARRGGH!! DAMN YOU for mentioning that poison and travesty which is "that game" ! I was reading the thread just fine until I saw that!

Edited by Greed_Demon

Have we considered the possibility that if the one showing what appears to be Lin dying actually happened would it be possible Lin does something to provoke Arceus and he punishs her with his Judgement?

Well given their final goals, it would make sense

I was thinking of the same thing actually, that only 2 screens would result in real "deaths" and the other ones would be false.

I don't know why, but reading this part made me remember Bleach for some reason...

I never read Bleach though... :mellow:

Well given their final goals, it would make sense

Personally I'm still trying to work out what their exact final goals are .-. Either I'm just becoming really forgetful while waiting for E15, or it's still really obscure what their specific ambitions are. If anything, it seems like they have multiple goals. According to Solaris, they want to purge Reborn... or something, but that was before Lin took control.

• 1 year later...

I interpreted Shade's message as "only two of those people are actually going to die", although it does not make much sense considering that we saw Lin's body being basically disassembled and that would mean she would survive(or be ressurected) somehow.

Oh and by the way, I remember that I freaked out a little because I thought that was Victoria(c'mon, their sprites are a little similar).

If the theory about there being two Lins (one grown-up and one child) is real, what if one of the Lins die?

Or worse, what if they were to reunite? Wouldn't that cause a paradox in time?

Actually, in general there being two Lins should cause a paradox, shouldn't it?