Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

Fun fact, I've personally only found one legitimately through random encounters, the others were created for testing purposes so I HIGHLY doubt someone can get that many, considering it's THE RAREST pokemon in the game.

I get the skepticism, but man... I already found 4, caught 2, and released 1 of them due to bad IVs. THEN I learned I need one to get a PK, and don't really want to send away mine (which is lvl11 right now). I just came across a wild Chromalyd, while searching for another tik for the trade. Is this not as rare as Elftik? I only found 1 of those.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep in mind, it's complete random luck what you find. Even if statistically Elftik is rarer... you might just never roll something else because each time you encounter it's a separate roll. ((Basically you guys are falling way to far into good old Gambler's Fallacy. Just because You rolled a bunch of Elftik's doesn't mean that because something else has a more likely chance that that thing has to show up much more frequent than Elftik and that it will correct itself over time. Each time it decides a mon that's completely independent of the last time. If you got an Elftik, the next encounter has the same exact chance as the last one and you could actually roll 100 Elftiks in a row and that'd still be true. Just because it's super rare doesn't mean that someone couldn't have found 70 of them so far. Every encounter in that area could be an Elftik every single time. Doesn't matter if the chances are low it could legitimately roll that every single time. Math, it's a thing XD.))

Stamp-Mission-Accomplished_.png

post-52103-0-93836400-1448589223_thumb.png

Completionism. ^^^

Ok so after finishing ep 1 I need to admit that the game is looking really, like REALLY good so far, the difference between a fakemon fangame and a non fakemon fangame is huge (not that non fakemon fangames are bad, I didn't say that) and this game is the perfect example of what this difference is made of. Of course, as every other starting fangame, there are bugs that may make the playability less enjoyable in the beginning, but I'm sure the episodes will get even better as new ones come out.

*prepares magpy pickup army for item stacking while waiting for ep 2*

We did axe the Pick Up table specifically to avert this :P

Anyway thank you for your kind words, I really cannot stress enough just how much this means for us. We struggle, we sacrifice precious time, we go through troubles, we have fights and misunderstandings with one another, and our only reward is your appreciation. So again, thank you for sticking with us. We promise that, starting with version 1.5 (which will be released on sunday, Az should actually have already completed it, but I asked him to delay its release because of personal issues on my end), we will steadily increase the overall quality of our product, to give you a more and more enjoyable experience, with less and less bugs.

Stamp-Mission-Accomplished_.png

Completionism. ^^^

Ok so after finishing ep 1 I need to admit that the game is looking really, like REALLY good so far, the difference between a fakemon fangame and a non fakemon fangame is huge (not that non fakemon fangames are bad, I didn't say that) and this game is the perfect example of what this difference is made of. Of course, as every other starting fangame, there are bugs that may make the playability less enjoyable in the beginning, but I'm sure the episodes will get even better as new ones come out.

Lol my beta magpy was able to get me hyper potions, full heals, great balls....it was a golden age, but then the Azery nation attacked....

Anyways, seeing all the catchable mons in your dex fills me with determination, as I myself are a completionist when it comes to catching these things, and due to reasons, I haven't really got the time to play myself through it enough to catch one of every kind. Specially fucking elftiks.

Not minding the bugs, what did you think of the mons you saw so far, and about the gym battle? I ask this to everybody sorry if I already asked you before.

I am steadily completing the dex myself (but not presenting you Roober's evo yet :P )

However, I have to ask? Why have 2 bunny pokemon? Ok say you have them, why include them both in ep1?

They are totally different, but... they are both bunnies. If the final evo is completely different, people won't mind, but now they seem very similar.

why not include another fighting type in ep1, and have the bunny appear later

I am steadily completing the dex myself (but not presenting you Roober's evo yet :P )

However, I have to ask? Why have 2 bunny pokemon? Ok say you have them, why include them both in ep1?

They are totally different, but... they are both bunnies. If the final evo is completely different, people won't mind, but now they seem very similar.

why not include another fighting type in ep1, and have the bunny appear later

Well Ebounny is the ratatta of the game, so it was added very early on, and always intended to appear very early in the game just like magpy that is the pidgey of the game. Bunnerd was made a loooooot later after ebounny was made (I think even 6 months or so after), and since it was technically a jackalope and not a rabbit per se, and since they aren't close to each other in the pokedex nº order anyways, it was accepted to have 2 "bunnies" in the game, despite that, as I said already, bunnerd is a jackalope (for those who do not know, the jackalope is a famous hoax of a rabbit-like creature with deer-like horns).

When we were deciding which pokemon would go into ep 1, bunnerd was chosen as a source of fighting type coverage that wasn't particularly strong and so it couldn't be broken by that early point of the game. It also offers nice normal type STAB early on.

And yeah as Ody said, Australia is pestered with rabbits. And jackalopes too.

Edited by zimvader42

I know, but still... not sure about it. To me it looked like a Ebounny substitute. Anyway, I hope you do not get ahead of yourselves adding Normal type to every second introductory pokemon lol . My suggestion now would be to have it as pure fighting type, since Ebounny makes use of the Normal STAB alright (and has high HP to go with that), or at least for the evo to somehow diss the Normal type. You'll have other mons to support all types. Oh, and no Rock types so far.

I saw it was a Jackalope, but aside from you guys, I'm not sure everyone knew the term.

Btw, Zim, can I put forth a proposition for a future community project? What about if you create (much later I guess) a thread under the Se7en team moderation that will work on expanding the concepts of your Fakemon to create a short of expanded Pokedex? Not a "these moves, these stats" wiki, more like a thread about pilling and then shorting out ideas about what each Fakemon is. We get that in the core games with multiple Dex entries in different games and gens, and also with the anime.

Did I describe it well enough or does it make no sense at all? :P

I know, but still... not sure about it. To me it looked like a Ebounny substitute. Anyway, I hope you do not get ahead of yourselves adding Normal type to every second introductory pokemon lol . My suggestion now would be to have it as pure fighting type, since Ebounny makes use of the Normal STAB alright (and has high HP to go with that), or at least for the evo to somehow diss the Normal type. You'll have other mons to support all types. Oh, and no Rock types so far.

I saw it was a Jackalope, but aside from you guys, I'm not sure everyone knew the term.

I don't think the mon is going to be changed of typing for this reason tho. The only instance were I think we could change a pokemon already implemented of something as basic as its type is if somehow it was too broken and getting one of its STABs out would balance it. Other than that.....well it can always be discussed, but I don't really see it happening tbh.

Btw, Zim, can I put forth a proposition for a future community project? What about if you create (much later I guess) a thread under the Se7en team moderation that will work on expanding the concepts of your Fakemon to create a short of expanded Pokedex? Not a "these moves, these stats" wiki, more like a thread about pilling and then shorting out ideas about what each Fakemon is. We get that in the core games with multiple Dex entries in different games and gens, and also with the anime.

Did I describe it well enough or does it make no sense at all? :P

If I understood, what you want is....lore? as in, you want to know the stuff about each mon that couldn't be written in their dex entry do to space limit? for example, when I say that colourva's body has a high content of water, that banshy's scream can shatter rock, or that goshee is a literal blanket that floats, you mean stuff like that? because if it is not that then I don't think I understood what you mean o.o

Not minding the bugs, what did you think of the mons you saw so far, and about the gym battle? I ask this to everybody sorry if I already asked you before.

The gym battle has a pretty nice balance, maybe 2 or 3 healing items to make it a bit harder? But the mons choice was pretty good since she had pokemon for every threat someone might bring against her and try to 6-0 (mouroot, sinisect or ebounny).

About the mons, in-battle brokenroot MVP disgusting to play against but a pleasure to fight with. My favorite designs were monocromoth and elftik's evolution (pixxsomething), now all I have to do is wait until they get quiver dance and with that the potential to plow through everything. :]

If I understood, what you want is....lore? as in, you want to know the stuff about each mon that couldn't be written in their dex entry do to space limit? for example, when I say that colourva's body has a high content of water, that banshy's scream can shatter rock, or that goshee is a literal blanket that floats, you mean stuff like that? because if it is not that then I don't think I understood what you mean o.o

YES. Exactly, exactly that. Including stuff that we will make up and you can add there.

The gym battle has a pretty nice balance, maybe 2 or 3 healing items to make it a bit harder? But the mons choice was pretty good since she had pokemon for every threat someone might bring against her and try to 6-0 (mouroot, sinisect or ebounny).

About the mons, in-battle brokenroot MVP disgusting to play against but a pleasure to fight with. My favorite designs were monocromoth and elftik's evolution (pixxsomething), now all I have to do is wait until they get quiver dance and with that the potential to plow through everything. :]

Lol I see, yeah the battle was kinda made with that purpose: there's a mon with fairy wind to somewhat block ebounny and sinisect, and a mon with powder snow to kinda make mouroot a bit less OP. It is already a strong mon by this point of the game, but just in ep 1 is not yet possible to grasp its full potential. Despite what Az said about mouroot being a "crutch character", which is true in a way (not because it becomes weaker, but rather because late game mons become really fucking strong), it should not stop you from trying to see what this guy can do once you get it a couple good berries to abuse with harvest ;)

And cool to hear you liked Monochromoth, is an old line of mine that I'm glad people find of their liking. Elftik's evolution's name you can find by checking the mon's summary (I do not say its namr here because elftik is quite rare and not everyone might have caught one yet. ME, for example....).

YES. Exactly, exactly that. Including stuff that we will make up and you can add there.

Oh well, if that's it, I can assure you there's still a long way to go before such a thread can be done. If I get to do it when all mons are available, I'd call the thread "Post your headcannon", or something like that xD

Anyways, in general, I have a very solid lore for each mon already, at least the ones that I created. It will be cool to read what the players' headcannon is once the time comes tho. Anyways, as I said, there's still a long way until such a thing should even be contemplated lol.

Edited by zimvader42

The lore can wait a bit. Let's focus more on the lore of the region itself for the time being. Right now, the region does not even have a TEAM-XYZ that's doing generically evil things (or so it seems). Then we can use all the info to bring forth the pokemon and the logic behind each type (I know Zim has those).

On the same note, please fix the pokedex in v1.5 because it gets cut off and we can't read the whole entry in many cases.

Also,

not everyone might have caught one yet. ME, for example....).

Sorry couldn't help it.

btw when the time comes and our pokemon reach a certain level, it will be very easy to find out the base stats of each one of them by reverse using the formula

I wasn't planning to do it anytime soon, but let's say, rach lvl50, and someone will do it (without looking at the PBS of course).

Also, Zim, while people wait for ep2, will you guys be presenting the newer pokemon, or the ones you haven't yet and are in the first episode? I do not remember Elftik or the nerd getting an intro. Was that deliberate, or were they not important enough?

A quick question : Do all the pokemon that have sprites in the "Battlers" Folder already appear in Episode 1? Because i havent seen some of them and just want to make sure im not missing out on trainers or events.

Doesn't go for all of them. At least my download had some Pokemon that were exclusive to the leader or some trainers, and the backsprites of them are in there. #855 is a great example.

Also the Pokedex area section doesn't show any areas for wild mons.

Also, Zim, while people wait for ep2, will you guys be presenting the newer pokemon, or the ones you haven't yet and are in the first episode? I do not remember Elftik or the nerd getting an intro. Was that deliberate, or were they not important enough?

Those were deliberately skipped. Elftik was supposed to be a bit more of a rarity and something you happened across rather than have us tell you about it. I think Bunnerd wasn't announced since we don't have one of ZIm's artworks for it, it sorta was sprited off its concept art picture and therefore it jsut never got a full artwork.

I'm not going to say there's not going to be anymore teasers, but they'll slow down a mite for sure. Since we've popped out a lot of them already. There's definitely some lines left that haven't been seen. ((a particular two stager of mine's not been announced for certain.)). It's just we'd rather not show off single stages for the reason that is... well it'd be more fun to find them on one's own. I think if any Single stages are done their types and most of them will be kept secret so there's still a lot left to guess on them.

Some random thoughts from my hometown:

1) Mouroot is a "crutch character" merely because this is Graterras: it is a pretty powerful Pokemon but, in a region where everything that evolves has the potential to become a walking nuke by endgame, "pretty powerful" just won't cut it.

2) The Elftik family don't get Quiver Dance on the account of being spiders. YES I KNOW PIXYMPH HAS WINGS, consider that the oddball in the family...

3) Getting Zim to talk about lore might be a bad idea, considering that most of the stories, random facts and assorted headcanons that form his "lore" are friggin' disturbing. Like, even the most horror Pokedex entries from canon games pale in comparison.

4) The final revision of our Pokedex, which lead us to consider all the species set in stone, took place four months ago. No Pokemon has changed type since then, and none will change in the foreseeable future. Specially not those that are alreasy in a playable episode.