Pokémon Academy Chapter 4: Abduction

Chim

• Veterans

"Ah I see,I was actually going to do the same thing....the guy must be terrified right now...."James responded before turning over to the boy in the cape. "Ah hello,sorry for Claude's attitude,he isnt usually like this...it's just that he's really worried for one of his friends,Mareek's pokemon got injured pretty badly in his battle just now."He said to the new student in front of him "Oh where are my manners,my name's James.I'm guessing you're one of the new transfer students?"There seemed to be quite a few coming in recently.....

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mareek, I know we both know you don't want anyones help," Henry finally spoke out. "Hell, I don't even think you need it. I merely suggest you take some time to think of what happened before doing something you'll regret. Take this guy for example." Henry pointed to the Vulpix by his side. "I gave him back to his original trainer out of fear I was turning him into something destructive and out of control. She told me something which made me realize how wrong I was. Turns out I was actually helping him gain control over himself and even having him gain a bit more pride."

"I regret that decision I made, but life has given me a second chance to make up for it." Zuko rolled his eyes as Henry's attitude problem was about to kick in. "It's a pretty open book what's going on in that head of yours right now. Knowing you, you'll probably just end up doing something stupid you'll regret in a couple of months." And there it was, the familiar voice that was Henry. Even when he was supposed to be nice, he still would find a way to tick somebody off. Zuko stepped back for a minute knowing this my get ugly.

"You just really enjoy saying things to get under people's skin, don't you?" Mareek asked, glancing at henry with a scowl... he should've known the guy would go and say something like that, and quite frankly he wanted nothing more than to just give him the bird and be on his way. But he knew he couldn't just do that. He knew he had to keep it tame here, with the headmaster himself nearby... "You sit here and act as though you know everything about me, as if we're old friends or something, yet we've barely even spoken to each other on three occasions, even counting right now..."

He stopped, turning his attention back to doors as something in his peripheral caught his attention. He started walking away from the front entrance just Mars was getting closer. He strode right past henry as he headed for the opposite doorway, stopping only long enough to say "Just stop. We aren't friends. you know nothing, Henry Baldwin. Not who I am, how I act, what I will or won't do, Nothing at all. You don't know me."

And without another word, he kept walking, not giving a damn about anything Henry might have to say in response. He wasn't going to let the infuriating words of some prick for Orre convince him that this course wasn't right; he knew damn well this was the only path he could give Nemo that wouldn't end in far more trouble somewhere down the road. Under Miyagi he would never be able to go on a murderous assault like that again... and under Miyagi he could learn the things Mareek had obviously failed to drill into him.

All the red head was focused on right now was finding a phone...

"Actually, this is the sixth time," Henry blurted out making sure Mareek would hear it before he left. A few of Henry's Pokemon looked over at him giving a glare. "You all brought this upon yourself. Besides, he was going to explode on me anyways so there was no point to be nice about it." They still kept giving him the same look. "That temper that Cubone has came from somewhere. It's obvious that Mareek has a bit of training problems and if he can't accept that, it'll just repeat sometime down the road." Henry didn't even care that the professor was in the room. If he was going to get punished again, so be it. "This is enough socializing for me. I'm just going to get back to training since there's no point of me sticking around here. Besides, I wouldn't want to stick around after that. Pointless and annoying talk about that battle is going to fly around everywhere especially since Mareek is known for his battling skills."

Henry headed to the door followed by 4 annoyed Pokemon, a happy Paradox, and a Rotom who was trying to resist touching the healing machine. None of the six really wanted to train after what just happened, but they saw no choice. If it would keep Henry from ticking anyone else off, they'd go through with it.

"Tch, yeah... six times too damn many, you fucking asshole..." Mareek muttered as he kept walking, loud enough only for himself to hear. He couldn't help but want nothing more than to drive his fist into the sand rat's face... "No...no... he's not worth the energy or the consequences for it...besides, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the type who was all bark and no bite; the type who starts appologizing left and right like a little bitch the moment he takes things too far and someone gets pissed the fuck off and decides to get physical... one day he's gonna say something to the wrong guy at the wrong time... and that'll probably be the end of Baldwin."

He shook his head though, forcing the thoughts away. Now wasn't the time to let pests get to him... he had things that needed doing, plans that needed arranging... and certain team members to arrange exile for.

• Support Squad

Redwood

The professor sighed, staying out of the boys argument. Chastising either of them would have no real impact and could probably make Mareeks situation worse. Instead he stepped over to the Breeder Mareek had fought Kage. "And how are you Kage? Are you OK?"

"Marius. Marius Sawyer is the name," he said, "And yes, I am a new student here. A coordinator in spe, if I might add." He then realized what the boy, James, said earlier, about Mareek's Pokémon getting badly hurt. James had wanted to check up on him, and so did the boy Marius had been arguing with. He looked back at the boy. "I...guess I owe you an apology, then. I did not know that the matter was that important. I apologize for holding both of you up. Your friend must be expecting you, you should hurry to go and see him." Marius actually managed to put up a faint smile now.

Kage thought for a moment. "You know what, normally I would say yeah, but no, I'm not really okay. A Pokemon basically died right in front of me and I didn't do anything to stop it." This statement didn''t begin to cover how he truly felt about the situation, but then, he didn't plan on letting anyone know the full extent either way.

Robert simply grinned at the interaction in front of him, chuckling to himself when the Seviper happily took a name like 'Princess.' "Well then, I guess that went much better than expected. At the very least, 'get what she wants' might also work as an added want for winning. Either way really, she's already in good hands."

With the words 'get what she wants' being heard loud and clear, the Goomy kept a cautious eye on the Seviper while she ate, making sure that the Seviper didn't try anything.

Edited by TurboAura

As Henry tried making his way outside again, he noticed James and Claude talking to someone he didn't recognize. Normally he'd just ignore them and keep walking, but the new kid dressed rather ridiculous. While he thought Pierre was a little over-the-top, this guy seemed to take it a little too far. "Hey, you know Halloween ended two months ago. You can take off that cape of yours." He then looked over at the other two. "And why are you two just standing out here. I thought people like you would rather be in the stands watching the battles. This cup does only take place once a year."

Just now, Marius had met James. He thought that maybe there were some nice people here too, people Marius could be friends with. "Hey, you know Halloween ended two months ago. You can take off that cape of yours." That did it. Insulting Marius himself was one thing, insulting his cape was three bridges too far. Marisa, his Psyduck, took a step back. She knew what usually happened when someone made fun of his cape. "That cape," he snapped as he turned around, "is a very precious piece of clothing to me. It is literally a part of myself! Who do you think you are, lecturing me?"

• Support Squad

Claude

"That was hardly a lecture, Captain." Claude pointed out, a little less miffed with the boy after the apology. "Still, don't mind Henry. He's, uh, Henry the lovable ass. Still, I kinda need to stil go after Mareek soooo" Claude started walking past away from the group.

Redwood

"This may not be the best of times to ask this but, could you tell me of anything exceptionally unusual in that fight? I'd like to get a better sense of what happened from the perspective of someone actually on the field, if you don't mind." Redwood asked Kage, trying to approach the situation with tact and delicacy whilst getting a better understanding of the situation.

"Don't bother," Henry yelled out to Claude. "Mareek just saw that Porygon die right before his eyes. I doubt he wants to be bothered by a pest such as yourself at a time like this. It's kind of a shame though. I found that one a bit amusing." Henry then looked over to cape boy who seemed to be about to explode. "Aww that's so sweet being attached to such a meaningless object. I was merely trying to do you a favor stopping you from embarrassing yourself. And yes, I'm the infamous Henry Baldwin people speak of. It's good to know my name hasn't been tainted yet."

The boy wasn't even ten feet outside the doors before he heard the heavy clanking of steel against tiled floor and a door being flung open. He honestly didn't feel like having a chat with anyone right about now, not after the brief encounter with Henry, but he knew it was pointless to try running from the dark type. The damn guardian was faster than he looked, and where Mars was... his mother was sure to be close by...

"Looks like you found me." He sighed, not even turning to look at the bisharp as he stood there. He took off the googles, no use bothering with them anymore anyway... that woman would see right through it in a heartbeat. "Where is she then?"

"I'm right here." He could feel her hand on his shoulder. He didn't know what she would say, what she would do... but he turned around anyway. "How bad was it, Mareek? How's your partner?" She stepped closer. And he could see it, and feel it. The grip on his shoulder wasn't the iron tight one he was so accustomed to whenever he fucked up back home, as rare as it had occurred. Her eyes weren't the same orbs of dark blue, cold stone they usually were. They weren't the same ones he had seen for all those years. The subtle glower that was eternally directed at the world at large, the grim determination, the glint that could rival polished Sapphires... it was gone. There it was. He saw it. That long dead warmth, like some ruler had returned to light a fire in the hearth of some long since fallen Keep. The eye's he had seen so many times as a little kid. He didn't know for how long, or why... but his mother was back.

But for how long, he had no idea..."It's... it's..." was all he managed to sputter before just giving up and shaking his head, turning away from her. He didn't know how he should've felt, happy, glad, elated... probably. After all these years the switch had seemingly been flipped again... but yet he didn't feel any of those. He couldn't. Finally he managed "I don't want to talk about it out here..." and without another word, he started off towards the male dorms... knowing both her and Mars would follow.

Marius looked at the new boy, Henry. He was sure that he had heard that name before today. He just didn't exactly remember where. "Listen up here. As a coordinator, this cape is part of my act. I am not going to throw it away, just because some random bo-" Then it suddenly hit him. The name. He turned pale. Did he really have to share a room with...this guy? Marius' positive outlook just fell apart, right there and then.

"Not sure. It's kinda hard for me to tell if something's off. It did seem like that Cubone's Thunder Punch wasn't as strong as you would think from all those sparks. Um, I don't know what else there was. Lucas tried to tell me something about Mareek, but I figured he was just jittery for the battle." Kage was trying to think of anything that had happened in the battle that was extraordinary, replaying it mentally. It obviously wasn't a pleasant experience.

{Jacob and Robert}

Princess gave the Goomy a menacing stare. Who did that slimeball think he was to be looking at her like that. She hissed loudly before finishing her poffin, then pressed her head against the button on her Ball. The serpent disappeared in a flash of light. Her Trainer sighed and shook his head, a bemused smile on his face. "She's gonna be a piece of work, but she has the determination that any Pokemon needs to be a part of my team," he commented. "But what kind of Seals should I put on her Ball Capsule? I was thinking some black hearts and maybe some purple sparkles..." he trailed off, lost in thought.

He snapped to, shaking his head. "Sorry about zoning out there, Robert. Whenever you're done feeding yourself and your Pokemon, lead the way to the waiting room.

((We're going to be meeting up with Claude and Marius, so whenever you're ready just make a post. Feel free to have Jacob follow Robert.))

• Veterans

"Nice to meet you Marius....also don't mind Henry,he seems to get a kick out of being an arse to people"James said to Marius after he gave a sigh,Henry made it so hard for people to actually like him......That's when he heard that the very same Porygon that had handed Shade's nonexistant ass to him the day before had died......It seemed so strange how a creature that had been so healthy and young would get beaten down so easily..especially since the Cubone had gotten knocked out so it'd be low on energy while the Porygon-2 had been almost at peak condition. "It seems like there are quite a few people crowding around Mareek...I'll check it out later."

Nikki just let out a sigh with how the Seviper reacted before returning herself. 'Wow, that's how you're gonna react Miss Prissy-Snake? She acts like I was just gonna LET her take my food if she even attempted.' Once that was over, she finished up the rest her cotton candy and waited to head off.

"Hehe, it's okay man. Zoning out tends to happen to all of us at one point or another." He chuckled before finishing of the rest of his food, picking up Nikki and the rest of the Cotton Candy bag. "Well, ready to go now." With that settled, he walked back to the stadium with the waiting rooms in mind.

------------

Walking through the doors of the stadium, his focus was caught by a group nearby the entrance, including Henry and... someone that he hadn't even seen around until now.

He turn his head to Jacob, since the waiting rooms were the still the 'planned goal'. "So, you wanna check what's going on there? Or just keep going?"

"What's the matter? Looks like you've seen a ghost." Henry looked over seeing Techie trying to scare the boy. "...It's a figure of speech, Techie. Besides, ghost boy here probably tried that on him already." He then noticed how quiet the two became. "Honestly, if you two are just going to stand there rather quietly, I'll just be on my way. As I said, it's probably a good idea to get away from here while you still can. You've heard the nasty things that circulated about me when I swapped Zuko out. I imagine it's going to be worse for Mareek. Much worse." He moved away from the two boys when he noticed Jacob and Robert. "Geeze, you idiots all seem to flock together every time something bad happens. Didn't think news traveled that fast."

Evan (In the Forest)

“Fuuuuck! How could I lose against fucking Danielle?” Evan raged. He smacked some leaves out of his way. “She has less skill and is all about popularity! So why? I would understand a loss against Henry or a field effect that would've screwed me over but AAAGH! That stupid bird is probably laughing and boosting about it... Next time I'm attacking it!”

Three of his Pokémon followed him but kept their distance. “Skaaar?”

Evan turned around. “I'm not mad at any of you, just at myself. I don't understand how I lost control. We had that Mawile on the ropes and even when she used that whiny Larvesta of hers...” he sighed. The boy stared at the trees surrounding him and his party when suddenly a rampaging Hydreigon came to mind. “Maybe I should go for more powerful Pokémon... Or at least some with the mindset of a fighter. It would balance out considering the nice personalities you three have. Not that there's anything wrong with that but having a battle-minded Pokémon around might chance the tides of battle in the future...”

RoG

A whistling sound of admiration could be heard when the unnamed prodigy and Teach entered the conference room. 7 other individuals were already waiting. The tension in the air was almost visible despite all of them being on the same side.

“Look at that,” the man who whistled said. “All the big shots are gathered now! What a great atmosphere!”

“Now all of us. There's still one at the Academy so technic-”

“Shut up Nerd! You know what I mean!”

“Nerd? Such a stereotype word to use by someone who lacks the brains to come up with a decent insult.”

“You calling me stupid, woman?”

“Yes. I'm relieved you picked it up so quickly. You surpassed my expectations. Congrats.”

The man got up, ready to literally flip the table in his anger when another man cleared his throat. This second man was sitting at the head of the table and wore a white lab coat. His brown hair peeked to every possible direction and so did his moustache. The rings under his cold grey eyes revealed the man hadn't slept much the last couple of weeks. “Teach, K, is that another one of the Plates in that crate?”

The young prodigy, K, nodded. “Plate of Ice.”

Doc's eyes widened and his moustache twirled revealing a grin. “Excellent.”

“Do you mind if I ask how far you've gotten with the Dark and Bug Plates?” Teach asked.

“Almost done,” Doc answered uninterested. “Normally I wouldn't tell you all a word about my research but the boss demanded I bring you all up to date. I will spare the details and cut straight to the point. I doubt some of you would be able to understand if I didn't.” His eyes rested on the man who whistled earlier which earned him a growl. “The power of these Plates is far under what I expected. It is possible their power will increase if we bring all the Plates together, but if they don't, I suspect we can handle all that energy. This mission should be a success if we can locate all the Plates.”

“That's great and all, but last time you didn't even know if there were 16 or 18,” the first man, Darius, spoke up.

Doc raised an eyebrow and gave the man a dirty look. “That's because some of you didn't do their job properly! The documents we found aren't complete and don't mention anything about the Normal and Fairy Plates!”

“Are you saying it's my fault?” a woman asked. She spoke with a soft voice and didn't have to raise her volume to get attention.

“Yes, Verna, you were in charge of finding all the documents.”

“I looked everywhere at the location you told me. Don't blame me for your mistakes, Doc!” Verna hissed.

“Look harder. And I advice you to speak with more respect when addressing me,” the chubby professor remarked.

“Drop dead.”

“Yiiihaaaa here we go again! I already said this earlier but why don't we all settle the score once and for all hmm?” Darius said.

“You're the weakest out all of us. You want to lose that badly?”

“You picking a fight, Four-Eyes?”

“First Nerd and now Four-Eyes. You really are disappointing.”

This time Darius did flip the table which caused a lot of ruckus. Some yelled at him while others mumbled something but none of them made an attempt to stop him as he made his way towards the woman who had been insulting him the entire time.

((OOC: There are 9 agents present. Only 6 of them are currently talking but I only revealed 5 names. Verna (aka Mist) and Doc are high ranked admins, Teach is in charge of the new recruits, Darius is picking fights and creating a mess. The unnamed female that's been insulting Darius will be revealed later. Also K is not a mistake. That's the full name I have given the prodigy. The reason will also be revealed later.))

{Jacob and Robert}

Before Jacob even had a chance to reply to Robert, Henry addressed him with his usual greeting of cynicism, sarcasm, and more than just a tiny bit of dickishness. The teenager gave Henry an affable smile, trying not to let the Coordinator get a rise out of him. "I actually don't even know what happened. Normally I'd assume that something you'd call bad is good for the rest of us, but from the way you're talking about it I assume you're being serious." He paused for a moment, eyeing the new arrival. Another Coordinator from the look of that cape, he noted before turning his attention back to James. "James, what happened? Did I miss something important?" he asked, not knowing what kind of tale he was in for.

• Veterans

"....In Mareek's match with Kage...well after Mareek forfeited,his Cubone somehow found the energy after being knocked out to mercilesly beat the living day lights out of His Porygon-2....and as confirmed by Henry here,said Porygon-2 died because of it..."James muttered keeping it quiet so that nobody else would overhear."You must've been doing something else or not paying attention to the monitors while it happened,it was rather...shocking if you will."Death....it was one of the reasons he prefered ghost types over others...how could something that's already dead die...for everything that had a start...there was an ending...

• Support Squad

Claude was shocked when Henry confirmed Javas death. "Holy sh..." He couldn't even finish the small sentence as he tumbled down onto the floor in a daze. Death of his pokemon had not occured to him at all and now that it had... it scared the living daylights out of him, especially with Doux. He was so small and frail... if something like a Porygon2, known for their resilience could go down like that... Claude didn't even wantt o think. So he just stared at the ceiling blankly.

{Henry's Group}

Jacob's mouth opened like a Magikarp's, moving but making no sounds. He nervously looked down at his belt, touching each Poke Ball as if making sure they all hadn't spontaneously died in the past five minutes. "Dang...." he said softly, his expression becoming sadder and sadder by the moment. If somebody didn't stop it soon, he was going to begin looking like Droopy. "I can't believe that happened to Java. There's no way he could've known Nemo would do something like that." He recalled his team's battle against Mareek's and the sheer grit and determination of his rival's Porygon. He looked to the others, still a bit in shock. "I think we should all take this moment to appreciate the partners that are still with us. Because apparently we never know when they'll be taken away," he said solemnly. The teenager bowed his head, lost in thought.