Making the new fields crystal clear!

• Administrators

This is probably my homeland. Or something.

The next field effect to be revealed is the Crystal Cavern! Click that link or the picture below to see its details.

fe25.png

As players, you've all seen most of the places this is going to show up already. And yes! Rejoice! That means no more Arena Trap-Magnitude helplessly collapsing the cave field on you!

(Although that was solved too since it now takes two EQs/whatevers to collapse the Cave field, and some stuff is resistant to it).

Speaking of changes to other fields, since you won't see the context here:

The field previously known as the Pitch Black field has been relabeled to the aforementioned Dark Crystal Cavern, and can now be temporarily transformed into this Crystal Cavern while the weather is Sunny. ...Or you can just EQ/Bulldoze the crystals and make it a normal cave anyway. Similarly, Power Gem and Diamond Storm will now transform the Cave into this Crystal Cavern.

In other words, they're all potentially interchangeable.

Two more fields for E15 remain...

• Upvote 7

sweet.

I see the "additional type damages" for Fire - Water - Grass - Psychic

a nodge to the 4 colours: Red - Blue - Green - Purple

and with that the 4 Gems: Ruby - Sapphire - Emerald - Amethyst

soooo... is this a hint to the original owners of the gems or the types of the elite four?

to much speculating and reaching out for every possibility :P

• Veterans

OMG CRYSTAL FIELD OMG

DIANCIE FIELD OMG OMG DIAMOND STORM POWERUP!

GJ Developing team,it looks awesome and sounds awesome too :).

Also >Dragon type move Boost

Could this potentially be Saphira's field?

Edited by Azeria

Rock type attacks and these moves randomly gain Fire, Water, Grass, or Psychic typing, and increase base power x1.5 ~ Judgment, Strength, Rock Climb

I love this so very much.

Rock Polish additionally increases Attack and SpAtk one stage each.

And this. This too. I think this is shaping up to become one of my favourite fields, now I just need a nice Rock-type with Rock Polish to play with it a bit...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GIVE SERRA FIELD OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Parquet field,Carpet field,house field or what field effect would you suggest for a gym match in a house?

Um, I can't help but notice something. It says that rock types get a 1.5x boost, but then almost immediately afterwards says that the moves Ancientpower, Rock Tomb, Diamond Storm, and Power Gem get a 1.5x boost. Redundancy? Or are we talking a double 1.5 boost here? Because 1.5 doubled is a 3x multiplier, and that's just ridiculous.

This is probably my homeland. Or something.

The next field effect to be revealed is the Crystal Cavern! Click that link or the picture below to see its details.

fe25.png

As players, you've all seen most of the places this is going to show up already. And yes! Rejoice! That means no more Arena Trap-Magnitude helplessly collapsing the cave field on you!

(Although that was solved too since it now takes two EQs/whatevers to collapse the Cave field, and some stuff is resistant to it).

Speaking of changes to other fields, since you won't see the context here:

The field previously known as the Pitch Black field has been relabeled to the aforementioned Dark Crystal Cavern, and can now be temporarily transformed into this Crystal Cavern while the weather is Sunny. ...Or you can just EQ/Bulldoze the crystals and make it a normal cave anyway. Similarly, Power Gem and Diamond Storm will now transform the Cave into this Crystal Cavern.

In other words, they're all potentially interchangeable.

Two more fields for E15 remain...

THANK THE LORD AND AMETHYST AND THOSE WHO WORKED TO FIX THE CAVE COLLAPSING ON US! Sorry for caps, but grinding with Aya before you go 2v2 against the meteor grunts was a pain! Sturdy bishes + that field effect made it impossible to survive more than 1 turn or have the chance to get exp! T_T.

Edited by timbla

Welcome to the brand! new! Wheeeeeeel! OF FORTUNE!!!

Against Bennett!! Rock attacks enter the wheel of fortune and have 25% chance of being SE, 25% chance to be double NVE, and 50% chance to deal normal damage!

Against Lunas Jubjub Bird!!! It's 25% ineffective, 25% NVE, and 50% to do normal damage.

Let's spin the wheel and find out!!!

(There goes my Nasty Plot + Power Gem plan for Persian)

(Honestly, that's borderline hax. It completely makes rock attacks redundant, and it's not like it's the most populat type ever. At least, with the other fields, we know what we get)

(Camerupt, EQ those crystals to the FRACTAL EFFIN OBLIVION!!! Level that place down like a Common Candy!!!)

I don't complain about the field. The field can be navigated. But I'm not sure about the logic behind it, that's all.

• Administrators

Welcome to the brand! new! Wheeeeeeel! OF FORTUNE!!!

Against Bennett!! Rock attacks enter the wheel of fortune and have 25% chance of being SE, 25% chance to be double NVE, and 50% chance to deal normal damage!

Against Lunas Jubjub Bird!!! It's 25% ineffective, 25% NVE, and 50% to do normal damage.

Let's spin the wheel and find out!!!

(There goes my Nasty Plot + Power Gem plan for Persian)

(Honestly, that's borderline hax. It completely makes rock attacks redundant, and it's not like it's the most populat type ever. At least, with the other fields, we know what we get)

(Camerupt, EQ those crystals to the FRACTAL EFFIN OBLIVION!!! Level that place down like a Common Candy!!!)

I don't complain about the field. The field can be navigated. But I'm not sure about the logic behind it, that's all.

The Dark Crystal Cavern still exists and has all the same effects it used to. This is a seperate field effect.

The Dark Crystal Cavern still exists and has all the same effects it used to. This is a seperate field effect.

Ok, propably Luna won't bother with Sunny Day. But I can see Bennett kicking off with a Sunny Day with his Larvesta, and have Masquerain come off the bench with Rain Dance.

Again, I'm not afraid of the field. The wheel of fortune and "level it down like Common Candy" are more for the sake of fun and pun.

What I find questionable is that the Rock type gets completely canceled this time. It's not a "Ground attacks fail" on a Water Surface, that makes perfect sense, it's not "Type X deals mixed type damage". It gets completely thrown away, and if you think about it, crystals are still crustals, they're hard, stoney, you know? Rock attacks could still do mixed damage and it would make much more sense. And, not only is the Rock type extinct in that field, it gets replaced randomly with wildly different results each time.

Easy fix: Rock attacks deal mixed damage, part rock and part randomly decided between these four types.

Also, an extra bonus caveat if you want to make that field very interesting in the eye. All active Pokemon in that field turn shiny. I mean, why not?

Edited by Odybld

THAT STEALTH ROCK RANDOM TYPING THOUGH. oh lord jesus this field is a+mazing.

Also, most of the fields right now are Rock/Ground-inclined. Maybe I should try a Mono-Rock or a Mono-Ground team in my next playthrough.

Edited by Guest

• Administrators

Um, I can't help but notice something. It says that rock types get a 1.5x boost, but then almost immediately afterwards says that the moves Ancientpower, Rock Tomb, Diamond Storm, and Power Gem get a 1.5x boost. Redundancy? Or are we talking a double 1.5 boost here? Because 1.5 doubled is a 3x multiplier, and that's just ridiculous.

It stacks. And 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25. Not 3.

it's not "Type X deals mixed type damage".

It is. "Rock attacks gain Y type" implies two types.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

I'd assumed it was mixed-type as well, but to be fair, you usually word it as "deal/apply additional ____ type damage." (or very similar)

Maybe reword that?

• Upvote 1

In X and Y, you can sometimes get special items by using certain moves while fighting at certain places. Do we get Shards if we use Earthquake or a similar move in this Field Effect? (just a random idea that popped up)

• Upvote 1