Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay Episode 2: When the Kids are United [AT SCHOOL]

Tomas Elliot

[Red]

Luna was taken a bit aback by the girl recognizing her name. She didn't even know who this girl even was...yet she somehow knew her name. "Uh...can't say I know who you are, Reddie. Still, must be some kind of destiny if you know me...or are you stalking me. It's okay. I'm always open to new things." Luna stopped her innuendo when she saw the card sitting on the table. "Ohhh, you got a shiny too. Honestly, where in the bloody heck are people getting these things? I mean they can't just come out of nowhere."

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominic probably would've kept this pace up, hadn't it been for an extreme headache. His thoughts on what happened yesterday washed away with waves of blue flames that engulfed Heartland, the screams of the people struck fear into his fiery soul, he had no choice but to watch as he was powerless to do anything else. He could watch, and listen. Eventually, the horror stopped, and Dominic barely kept his stance. He grasped his forehead trying to even comprehend what just happened. He looked around the room to see everything.. Normal, although rather quiet.

A million questions all blurred into one in his mind, "What.." Dominic stood there kind of off balance, his head was pounding and for awhile was the only thing he could hear, but things in his mind calmed down and gained his senses back. "Guh.. Food, right.." Walking toward the door he couldn't even begin to throw what he had seen out of his mind, and he started slamming his head with his fist a bit as he started walking. "Just what.. Was that.. Just what the heck was that?!"

Edited by Zechs

[Red]

Luna was taken a bit aback by the girl recognizing her name. She didn't even know who this girl even was...yet she somehow knew her name. "Uh...can't say I know who you are, Reddie. Still, must be some kind of destiny if you know me...or are you stalking me. It's okay. I'm always open to new things." Luna stopped her innuendo when she saw the card sitting on the table. "Ohhh, you got a shiny too. Honestly, where in the bloody heck are people getting these things? I mean they can't just come out of nowhere."

Red gave Luna a dumb look then smirked when Luna mentioned out of nowhere. "It actually did come out of nowhere or atleast I can't remember how I got it....." "But wait you have seen more of these cards???? I thought I was the only one to have one." Red picked the card and handed it to Luna. "Did these card have numbers on them? Where else have you seen them?"

Edited by Red_Chaos

[Red]

"I ain't too sure. I only got a glimpse of one. Maybe I should just explain the story." Luna took a deep breath knowing she'd have to explain that story. "You see it all started out while I was having a drink with the bad boy over at the bar. Apparently, lots of random and strange stuff has been happening lately. We asked a couple questions, but the bar tender wasn't going to let up until one of us dueled his gorilla friend in a battle. When the bad boy was about to face off, his card became shiny and started glowing. This caused the gorilla to run through the door. We were going to chase him when he said something that got my attention. I was about to pull the bad boy back, but he decided to run off leaving me alone...in a bar. Seriously, he could have had some decency. So back at the bar, I met the janitor and something about cards being found everywhere and whatnot. Apparently, some nutty math professor at our school knows something about it. When I tried talking to him, he just ran away like a maniac. And people think I'm nuts."

Finishing with her story, Luna looked over at Red and back at the card. "So yeah, I'm on a hunt for nutcases or something. I don't get why people act so wacky around these things. Their just pieces of paper. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something about the end of the world or whatnot. That was one heck of a ride yesterday."

{Ken and Arthur}

Arial grinned at Ken's humor before settling in on listening to his testimony. She almost gasped out loud at the mention of Professor Tenjo dying from dueling a kid. Who was this eyewitness that Ken found? As soon as Arial was about to ask, the same vision that plagued the students immediately struck her mind.

For the green-eyed teen, the pain was intense; it's almost as if a bowling ball was dropped onto her head. Through the burning sensation, her mind could only focus on the screaming and raging, blue fire licking through... buildings? Arial curled herself into a ball in her seat, trying her best to not scream. "Just... make it... stop... please!" Arial growled through her gritted teeth. As if the heavens above heard her plea, the vision vanished and, slowly, her head cleared as well.

"The f*** was that?!" she finally yelled, uncurling herself from her fetal position. She didn't even realize that she was panting heavily from the mental torture. Arial looked around the room and found similar reactions from her fellow classmates. Even, Ken, who was nonchalant before, looked confused. She rubbed her temples, sighing with relief as the throbbing slowly subsided, but the screams of terror and the images of the fire were seared into her mind, like an iron to flesh. 'That... wasn't normal. No normal fire is blue...' She then heard the words "Izanami Lore 30," which caused her to raise an eyebrow. 'Izanami? The Goddess of Creation? What has she got to do with that? Wait a minute, Izanami... Isis... Shadow Duels? No way!'

Her thoughts were then interrupted by Arthur, which effectively her back into reality. Arial looked up at the bluenette with the same puzzled expression, still considering the legitimacy of that myth. Should she tell them or not? Would they think she's crazy to link the two together? Then again, we have Lane spouting out how a card could possess someone...

"I'm... Not sure if I'm the best person to ask, in all honesty..." Arial started, unsure of where to begin. "But, I guess I could kill two birds with one stone. So... Have a seat, if you want. We'll be here for a while if I have to tell you what I know." Arial motioned to a seat for Arthur to sit in. Whether or not he sat didn't really concern her, it's just common courtesy, after all. She turned to Ken first, since he was the one who addressed her first. "From Zane Truesdale's time, underground duels always had electrodes and were conducted in secrecy. Because of that, the chances of directly relating underground dueling to death are minuscule. Hence, even I only speculate that he was involved in such duels, since he never showed any signs of illness before or after that phase of his dueling career... I wouldn't be surprised if a death could be caused by one though, since electricity in the right amounts could send you into a coma and mess up our bodies..."

She then turned to Arthur to address his point. "I'm sure you probably heard me shouting earlier, but I only learned about those Shadow Duels from the museum and an archaeologist being at the beach who knows something about Professor Tenjo's death. Of course, Professor Reinier now has confirmed that this same archaeologist is the one that put on that exhibit in said museum. I'm not sure if you want to hear the full account on this crazy myth though..." she gave a nervous laugh at that, still uneasy about the possible connection between the myth and what she had learned.

[Anyone else who may still be in the classroom]

It was not pleasant. For a few moments, her vision was altered. The city she was in was being engulfed by blue flames and shadows while people were slaughtered by monsters. Just as quickly as the vision started, it ended. Setsuna was left in a trance. Her mind had disconnected itself from reality. It was still focused on the image of destruction and death she saw and the words she heard to the point where she could no longer concentrate on the matter at hand about the investigation at hand.

"Izanami Lore #30: The world will soon be enveloped in shadows and destroyed." She said slowly while in her trance. She uncrossed her her arms and legs and grabbed at her bare shoulders with the opposite hands while breaking out into a cold sweat and shivers. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? Izanami Lore!? The destruction of the world? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF HALLUCINATION WAS THAT!?" She screamed to nobody in particular while keeping in her trance. "I WANT ANSWERS, DAMMIT!"

It was at that moment that she noticed something glaring. Wait, Izanami? As in Izanami-no-Mikoto, the Shinto goddess of creation and death? What the hell is the connection to the tale of the goddess and the destruction of the city? Anna also mentioned a connection between Isis and Izanami-no-Mikoto. Then, it seems like talking to both Ike Johnson and Ayatane Michitaka will be necessary if I want to get to the bottom of this.

(Arial and Arthur)

Ken let go of his head for a second as he heard Arial yell quite loudly and in his face. I guess he wasn't the only one that saw some freaky shit. But before he could think about it any more, another kid walked up to the two... Arthur, if he remembered his name correctly. He supposed one more person wouldn't hurt. Better than fifteen, anyway. He had mentioned something about a headache, so he DEFINITELY wasn't the only one that had ended up tuning into some freaky apocolyptic vision. Turning his head back to Arial though, Ken focused as she explained to him what she knew about underground duels and how they were set up wtih electrodes and other equipment.... but according to Charles, there was no other equipment there from his story, Tenjo just dropped dead. So maybe his hunch was completely off? Sighing, Ken spoke up.

"Well, my theory just got debunked then. According to the eyewitness, Tenjo just dropped dead and there was no sort of equipment to be found besides his dueling stuff. So I guess being shocked to death is out of the question." Ken said, idly offering both Arial and Arthur a piece of the rock candy he had discarded on his desk a moment before. Then he heard a term he never heard before, while Arial was addressing Arthur.

"Shadow Duel? I've never heard of anything like that in my entire life. And you're saying it's an exhibit at the museum where that archeologist guy that Ms.Reiner mentioned is at right now? I'm actually kind of curious myself..." Ken said, hoping Arial would share what she knew.

{Arthur, Arial, & Ken}

The blue-haired boy nodded and took a seat next to Ken and Arial. Arthur nodded in understanding as the two discussed their theories. Shadow Duels? Wasn't there some old story with Yugi Moto and Shadow Duels? he thought to himself. He shook it off, thinking the connection might be a little far fetched. After contemplating her testimony, Arthur leaned forward and looked to each of his classmates. "Well, now that we're all here we might as well consolidate our knowledge. I'll admit mine's a little lacking comparatively, but I'm sure a fresh brain looking at your experiences might lead to some new insights." He looked upward for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "All I know is that some stuff went down at the docks last night. I ran into that samurai guy as well, but he didn't give me much info. I was in contact with Zander the whole time, though. And like I said, I dueled Arclight. He gave me a new prototype Duel Gazer. It's incredible," he added. "Now, Arial, since you said your story might take a bit, let's hear what information Ken has. That way we're all free to make connections. And then Arial will go."

[Roy thinking to himself, then heading to the lunch room]

After the vision had went away, Roy looked unfazed by had happened. To all watching him it looked like he was just starring off outside the window. His thoughts, eh, not so much. 'Izanami Lore #30, weren't we just talking about Izanagi and Izanami in class just a few moments ago. Apparently Anna came to this school right after Mr. Tenjo's death. Mr. Tenjo died because of an illegal duel, which the perp made to stop him from researching those number cards like that samurai guy told us, Mr. Michitaka was his sir name if Zander was correct. Once we're talking about the Acid Golem of Destruction, that vision appeared in my mind. That card was also a number card, the ones Mr. Tenjo was researching. It also seems like the number card showed me that vision and I've never had one like that until I was shown that card. In which case the card also gives the Lore which makes the chain full circle. There are way to many coincidences to write this off, though my mind could just be playing tricks on me. For now, I'll keep these speculations to myself, though I think I might need to ask Anna a thing or two tomorrow. Also, Mr. Michitaka showed us his card and it was numbered, so he is more in this then I first suspected. I definitely need to find him again, but where?' His thoughts were interrupted by his stomach's growling for food. 'I'll deal with this later, for now I think I'll chow down on m lunch.' Roy then picked up his lunch box and quietly headed to the lunch room where he round a secluded enough table and began eating his lunch which was some leftovers of his dinner he made last night, penne pasta with some vodka sauce.

With Setsuna

Right after bothering Setsuna with other questions, something happened to Monika, which made her realize that day was not better than the last one.

"Everyday is getting stranger and stranger. And all of this is also not making me think normally and rationally; I feel like I'm deciding what to do because of my instinct - which is not good now. I surely need to calm down...". Yesterday, that list of incredible things including the encounters with some frustrated cops and Ayatane, a Number Holder, and then that. "What have I got myself into..." Monika seemed to ask herself, but it sounded like a question that couldn't be answered.

That 'something', that event that happened was a sudden, intense headache that only lasted some minutes, and surely was not something normal... No, it wasn't just a headache. Monika seemed to see what could be a vision; of course, not a good and happy vision. The city of Heartland was being engulfed in flames, blue flares, and enveloped by a weird shadow. People on the streets were being killed - or slaughtered - by some monsters of various forms. And the screams of the people... they could be heard perfectly. That image would have been stuck in Monika's mind for a long, long time.

After the vision, Monika believed she'd seen the "Inazami Lore #30: The world will soon be enveloped in shadows and destroyed." But, how did she understand that? In the vision there did not seem to be something that mentioned it, no one could have told her this during the vision and no one talked about "Inazami Lores" before. Still shocked because of that vision, with chills down her spine, she was able to think "What was this? Is it a possible future or has this already happened?" before trying to snap back to reality.

Anna in that moment was just leaving the classroom, after saying something to all the students. "Oh? Are you guys having headhaches or something? This is what happens when you think too much about something on an empty stomach! I suggest you suspend this meeting for now, and resume it after properly nourishing yourselves." Monika had to object with what Anna said: she'd already eaten her lunch, after all. At least she remembered that after that vision. Was Anna simply trying to get away with a random justification?

In the meantime, while all of the other classmates were talking about each other loudly, Setsuna, who was still sitting on that desk, seemed to be in a trance state, had cold sweat and shivers, and was out of her mind. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? Izanami Lore!? The destruction of the world? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF HALLUCINATION WAS THAT!?" she screamed, like if she was possessed. This made Monika become even more worried (especially about her). "She saw that thing too! Probably everyone saw this. But why?" thought the girl. She could have tried to bring Setsuna back to reality, but preferred to wait for some time, hoping that the other girl would calm down. But, as that wasn't happening and as both of them were still very shocked, she intervened, again cautiously.

"Hey, are you alright? I surely am not, after seeing that vision. But now you say you've seen it too." she took a look again at the girl before continuing to talk. "I have to say, you looked like you were out of your mind... More than me, at least... Did something strange happen to you yesterday, for example?" the girl whispered, probably talking too fast and with too many pauses. She wasn't able to put up a decent speech and let the words go, realizing only after speaking that she could have said something different... Monika at least was able to ask Setsuna that question again, hoping for a reply this time around.

Edited by Cyaloom

(Ken, Arthur, Arial)

Although Jack and Mr. Tenjo were on Rene's mind, he knew after a few minutes that dwelling on the past won't do him every good in the world. Despite not being hungry anymore, he felt he needed to take a quick walk before coming back to the classroom. Rene slowly got out of his seat and started to approach the classroom door, but not before he happened to overhear Ken asking about the museum exhibit. It seemed like that they were interested in gathering information and Rene walked over to the two and asked politely, "Excuse me for interrupting, but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation about the museum and the archaeologist Miss Reiner mentioned. May I join the conversation? I was with Arial yesterday at the same exhibit."

Rene waited for an answer...

• Support Squad

[Robert, Red & Luna]

Klive had a fit of sneezes at precisely the same time the strange vision appeared to xem. Coupled with the jarring sneezes Klive barely registered the images that flashed in xyr head. Xe didn't even notice the reactions of others as xyr sneezing fit continued. Finally the seizure of sneezes stopped but Klive noticed that xe had what looked like blood sprayed onto his hands. Must have started bleeding when he felt that pain. Weird. Xe tapped Robert with a clean finger. "Hey, I'm going to clean myself up. Sneezing with a nosebleed is not fun" xe explained. "Oh, you owe me five card packs. No response is not a calm response." With that Klive headed out of the classroom to the toilets to grab some tissues.

When xe had cleared themselves up xe felt incredibly hungry. Klive did miss Lunch yesterday after all. Xe headed to the cafeteria and grabbed some food when xe noticed the funny girl from earlier. Xe grabbed a grape and ever-so stealthily made xyr way over and then placed a grape on the top of her head. It rolled down in front of her eyes. Klives version of a playful prank. Xe thought it was smart too... "Well, why did you two disappear when there's so much fun going on back in class?" Xe asked the two girls.

[Monika]

It was at the sound of Monika's voice that Setsuna was brought back down to earth. She let go of herself as she looked around and noticed that the people in the classroom were acting as normal for the most part, though the talk of a possible investigation group tapered off.

"You...saw that vision too?" Setsuna stuttered as she forced herself to speak despite the images that had been seared into her memory. "I've been through enough of the absurd supernatural stuff in the past two days. It feels like the world is shifting around me into something I will not recognize."

She forced herself to stand up while getting off of the desk. She was feeling a bit light-headed, however, and ended up pressing her palm to her forehead. "Oh, that's right. You were asking about the bandages and what I was talking about."

She headed over to her desk and picked up her bag. "Would you mind following me to the garden, then? I feel more comfortable talking there especially after that hallucination."

Edited by Hiss13

It took a minute or two, but Zander collected himself, dusted off his pants, and proceeded to return to the classroom. Upon entering, he sighed and slid into his desk, laying his head down gently.

{Ken, Arthur and Rene}

"Yep, that's right." Arial confirmed with Ken, taking a little piece of rock candy that he offered. She could never say no to his sweets. Arial then waved Rene over to an empty seat nearby, inviting him into their circle. "Rene is right, both of us decided to take a tour of the museum yesterday, so he knows exactly what I know about the Shadow Duels and whatnot. The problem here though is that each of us only seem to only know bits and pieces of everything... Maybe we should get everyone on the same page first before I, or Rene, go into this myth. Ken's story actually leads into the Shadow Duel theory very nicely, at least from what he has told me. So, dear Sugar Prince, could be the gentleman that you are and fill Arthur and Rene in on what you just told me? Pretty please with a cherry on top?" she begged playfully.

• Veterans

While Charlotte was pondering about the card,a vision came up with a city vaguely resembling Heartland being destroyed,blue flames licking the remains of buildings while people were being slaughtered by humanoid and beastlike creatures,similar to those in duel monsters. She heard the words 'Izanami Lore 30' ringing through her head...the number 30..didn't that card have a number 30 there aswell?

Taking a moment to recollect herself,she decided that she'd look further into this a bit later and went towards the cantine to get something to eat but not before shooting a glare towards Arthur for his rude remark. "Oh shut up,I don't usually believe in that ancient mumbo jumbo,but I don't think you have a better explanation on what happened and if you do,go ahead and say it. Stuff like that happened a long time ago so it could be similar or something"

Arthur infuriated her everytime she talked to him,sometimes she wondered why she even tried anymore.

Edited by Azeria

((Anyone))

Lane sighed. Apparently all of his classmates were eager to jump into this mess. He didn't bother with trying to warn them and decided to head out. In the midst of all the chaos, and because he wasn't paying attention anymore, he completely missed the headaches some people had.

With Setsuna and Lane

"You...saw that vision too?" That question made Monika think again with renewed terror at the vision, but she had to compose herself and give an answer to the other girl. "First of all... I saw the vision too. Maybe everyone here saw the vision. Did you notice that Anna said that we all had headaches, and used the 'lunch time' excuse to run away? Well, probably not, as you still were out of your mind, but I did notice. And it was surely an excuse because I've already finished my lunch. Anyway, going to the garden is a very good idea. We could have more privacy, unless Lane jumps down the window and approaches us." she whispered, smiling when saying the last words, then turned around again.

After all, she was currently talking with someone else too: before she saw the vision, she'd asked some other informations to Lane. Now the 'unscrupulous' guy was staying in the class, without paying much attention to the other people around him, and seemed to be completely fine.

Monika tried to approach him to continue the conversation, but he seemed to have forgotten that. "Hello again. Were you talking with someone now? I'd like to get some answers: I have asked you some questions before, but then we had those headaches and you did not reply afterwards. Right now I'm going in the garden with Setsuna, so would you like to follow us there and possibly share some knowledge? Especially because I still don't know very well what we're getting ourselves into, and it is clearly dangerous..."

( Arial, Ren, and Arthur)

"Join on in! Four heads is better than three, but nine heads makes a hydra. Also Arthur, you totally have to show me that new Duel Gazer sometime. Ken said grinning as Rene sat down. As customary, Ken reached into his bag and tossed another chunk of rock candy at the newcomer. He really hoped the crowd didn't actually make it to nine... shaking his head, Ken looked over to Arial with another cheeky grin on his face.

" A gentleman, am I? How flattering, I didn't think you felt that way, dear lady." Ken said in a lighthearted tone. " Although if you plan to treat me to a please sundae, how can I say no?" Ken said as he stifled another laugh before moving onto the important business.

" Alright, so yesterday while everyone was out doing investigations, I was delivering some cookies to Mr.Takeda. And from there, I ended up going on a bit of an adventure in investigation before ending up at the house of someone who gave me some sugary information." Ken said, opting to keep Charles's name out of it due to his promise of not telling anyone his name. " There, I learned that he had actually seen Tenjo die. According to him, Tenjo was having a duel with a child. So after the duel, the kid apparently just walked away, and Tenjo laid there, not moving and as we know now ,dead.And apparently this segways into your Shadow Games topic, you two? Ken said, looking at Arial and Rene.

(Ken, Arial, Arthur)

"What?" Rene asked in suspicion after hearing Ken say that someone watched Mr. Tenjo die. "And it was with a child too?"

Rene could only wonder what may have happened if that were the actual truth behind Mr. Tenjo's death. Several questions rapidly moved about in his thoughts: Who was this child? What was Mr. Tenjo doing with that child in the first place? Why did they duel? Rene was rather curious now after hearing that tidbit of information from Ken and wondered how deep the mystery behind Mr. Tenjo's death really went. There were plenty of theories that could be made based on what he now knew, however there wasn't anything concise to prove them. Taking a deep sigh after thinking of those questions, Rene said to Ken, "It seems like there could be connections between what you found out and what Arial and I got from the museum yesterday."

Rene took a deep breath and continued, "We found out some interesting connections regarding Isis and the supposed idea of the Shadow Game. In ancient Egypt, this was a ritual that allowed a performer to bound the soul of another creature to an object. Doing so would cause an image of that creature to appear on that object. Thus, the Egyptians took the liberty of painting various creatures so that the creature was bound to the object and protect it. It then involved to doing the very same thing on stone tablets and that is where it is thought the game of Duel Monsters comes from."

Rene paused for a moment trying to see how Ken would take the idea. He then briefly continued, "There is an urban legend going around that this could be done with people nowadays and their souls are bound to a card. As far-fetched as it sounds, could it be possible that something like this may have happened to Mr. Tenjo here?"

Rene waited to see how the others would react.

[Commander]

Red looked at Luna with a surprised look. Apparently, she wasn't the only one dealing with stuff she couldn't explain. "Well, can't say I remember much from yesterday. First, I'm attending class and then next thing I know I'm standing in the gardens with the janitor with no memory whatsoever and a blank card in my hand. Then, I ran into a future teller that knows I have a card and wants to tell me the same story that Ms. Anna wanted to talk about in class today." "Other, than that. Can't say I've run into anybody creep/crazy. So how do you plan on hunting for this professor?" ""
Edited by Red_Chaos

{Ken, Arthur and Rene}

Arial remained silent as Ken and Rene recounted yesterday's adventures, eating the rest of her lunch all the while. With the last gulp of her lunch down her stomach, Arial nodded solemnly. "Considering that Professor Tenjo had no previous health problems, I feel like our farfetched theory is closer to the truth that what we want to believe... For one, we can safely rule out underground duels because, not only were there no electrodes or any devices that could kill someone instantly, but also because the organizers would not want these kinds of duels to be done out in public because it would get them into trouble, much less leaving a body lying around in broad daylight..." Something then clicked into her mind, what about their D-Pads? Didn't Klive want to find out whether or not those could cause a death?

She quickly turned to Arthur who, she recalled, bumped into Arclight and got a new model of the Duel Gazer. "Arthur, right? You said you bumped into Arclight yesterday and dueled him! Besides giving you the brand new duel gazer, did he ever mention anything about any D-Pad malfunctions that could cause a duelist to die after a duel? A duel disk malfunction could be a more discreet way of killing someone than those shockers, depending on the situation."

[Red and Klive]

...Luna, resist...resist making the... "Must've been a rough one to even forget what you were doing. As for that one, I have a plan." Luna hadn't even noticed Klive had made xis way over to the little group. First, we trap him in a room knocking him out with a shovel. Then, we tie him to a chair and make him talk. If that doesn't work, I can always use this handy-dandy tool." Luna pulled out some wasp spray showing it. "Trust me, you don't want to be hit by this stuff."

{Arthur, Arial, Rene, & Ken}

Arthur listened with keen interest as Rene and Ken recounted the events of the previous day. Hmm... But still, I doubt these ancient legends are true. They're just myths meant to scare children... right? he wondered. Suddenly, he heard his name and snapped back into reality. "Umm..." he thought, trying to remember what he'd spoken about with Arclight. "We actually forgot to ask him about that," Arthur admitted sheepishly. "But even so, I doubt Arclight would tell us if there were any kind of problem like that. After all, he's out to protect his investments, not solve murders."

(Arial, Arthur, and Rene )

Ken leaned back in his chair slightly as he closed his eyes for a moment. " So it's either a D-Pad malfunction or this Shadow Duel thing, huh? He said to the others, thinking for a moment before opening his eyes again and looking towards the three. " I admit, I'm kinda skeptical about the latter thing, but it's not like we have much to work with." Ken said before taking out a lollipop and popping it in his mouth, idly lost in thought as he recalled his conversation the day before, going over Charles's tale again. Hopefully the extra sugar would jumpstart his brain. Suddenly, he realized something.

" Wait a minute.... yesterday, when the eyewitness told me what they knew. They mentioned absolutely nothing about Tenjo screaming or anything like that. Think about it, wouldn't you scream out in a lot of pain if you suddenly got an electric shock through your body or some kind of injury?" Ken said, taking out the sugary confection as he spoke. It was rude to talk with your mouth full, after all.

" This could just be me, but I feel like a scream or sound of some sort would be a pretty large detail to just cut out. I can't help but feel something's a little off, don't you all think? Ken said, popping the treat into his mouth again after speaking.