A question about shiny Pokemon...

VerinESC

I am just wondering why shiny Pokemon found in Reborn are not the same colour as shiny Pokemon from other regions? I have found a Pidgey and Numel so far and each are a gray/silver colour with a swapped colour palette for the rest. It makes for signatures and trainer cards not being quite right :/

Edit: Numel is a more grey/purple :) my bad

Edited by VerinESC

This is because the lovely Devs have taken the time to improve or replace the original shiny sprites with their own custom version. You can thank them for the improved versions of many shinnies, including (but not limited to) the large amount of putrid green shinnies.

In reborn we have our own customised shinies here.. The devs and our ever so awesome team of contributors work hard day and night in Ame's basement workshop like the unpaid and overtortured prisoners to improve and better the sprites for Pokemon Reborn..

This is because the lovely Devs have taken the time to improve or replace the original shiny sprites with their own custom version. You can thank them for the improved versions of many shinnies, including (but not limited to) the large amount of putrid green shinnies.

'Improve' is a matter of opinion. Some are MUCH better, but others are downright horrific looking.

'Improve' is a matter of opinion. Some are MUCH better, but others are downright horrific looking.

Obviously. Everything regarding to aesthetics is determined differently by each individual, so that was already implied in my statement.

A good list of before and after shinies in the original games: http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny

Some of them are so much better it's not even funny. The Ekans, Delphox, and Noivern lines in particular stand out thanks to a recent playthrough.

One thing I would like to opine though is that there is a bit too much black and X or gray and X. Shiny Pokemon in Reborn look really washed out and frankly "unfun" versus their colorful originals. Often, I tend to stick to the classics.

One thing I would like to opine though is that there is a bit too much black and X or gray and X. Shiny Pokemon in Reborn look really washed out and frankly "unfun" versus their colorful originals. Often, I tend to stick to the classics.

That's mostly because of the theme the game runs with, a lot of dread and a polluted region, but i have found more than enough colorful shinies to make contrast in my runs.

Shiny pokemons in Reborn is different than the the other shiny pokemons on other region.

You can check the 5th gen shiny threat for that.

Is that the pinned thread in Reborn City? Does that just show 5th gen or are there links to other generations?

Congrats to them as the 2 I've found do look quite slick, I can't wait to evolve the Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot.

In reborn we have our own customised shinies here.. The devs and our ever so awesome team of contributors work hard day and night in Ame's basement workshop like the unpaid and overtortured prisoners to improve and better the sprites for Pokemon Reborn..

The team of devs prisoners and contributors have done a good job then :)

You can edit sprites in the Battlers folder if you want.

I think I'll be leaving that so I can see the hard work put in to the custom sprites :)

Im liking the custom sprites and "models" so far.

I haven't noticed a difference in the non shiny sprites to the original sprites, can you name any for me to look for?

A good list of before and after shinies in the original games: http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny

Some of them are so much better it's not even funny. The Ekans, Delphox, and Noivern lines in particular stand out thanks to a recent playthrough.

I like that look to be honest, original shinys have about the same amount of change but with brighter colours from what I can remember. I'll have to look at that list to refresh my memories :)

That's mostly because of the theme the game runs with, a lot of dread and a polluted region, but i have found more than enough colorful shinies to make contrast in my runs.

I figured they were grey and purple from the pollution, can't wait to get more than just 2

Really? Noivern is the one I dislike the most.

I love some of the custom shinies in Reborn (e.g Arcanine, Rapidash, Arbok etc.) but some... like Tauros and Flygon, I really dislike.

But I love how these 'special' shinies were created though overall.

A lot of original shinies are quite ugly TBH. Way too many "urine yellow" "mucus green" and grey-purple going on. So many shinies look like food gone bad lol. Then you have Garchomp :/

I like custom shinies although overly fanservicey stuff like the ninja turtles is a bit too far and stuff like BLOODY FETUS takes me out of it. I remember loving shiny magnemite/zone's sprite first playthrough but then Magnezone had his boring original shiny sprite which was a real letdown.

A lot of original shinies are quite ugly TBH. Way too many "urine yellow" "mucus green" and grey-purple going on. So many shinies look like food gone bad lol. Then you have Garchomp :/

I like custom shinies although overly fanservicey stuff like the ninja turtles is a bit too far and stuff like BLOODY FETUS takes me out of it. I remember loving shiny magnemite/zone's sprite first playthrough but then Magnezone had his boring original shiny sprite which was a real letdown.

THIS^

In the original games, you either have the shinies that are like a complete 180 colorwise(Swampert, Charizard), and then there's also a handful that you have to look REALLY hard to even see what's different(Looking at you, Galvantula, Garchomp, Blaziken) and then there's also the ones that look more terminally ill than good (Ursaring, Pigeot) so I quite like the personal sprites.

Although I don't run into many shinies or bother with em that much. There's been a few Shinies in Reborn that I like but they're mostly Pokemon I don't like or want to use so boxed for life.

If you want some original things you can just go into the Shiny Thread and mention your ideas. Some people will look at it, pick it up and give your idea a go, or you can sprite yourself and come up with some nice sprites!

...Slightly off-topic but does anyone actually know what the difference between the original Garchomp and shiny Garchomp in the original games? I still can't tell at all... (probably because I don't have too perfect color vision...)

...Slightly off-topic but does anyone actually know what the difference between the original Garchomp and shiny Garchomp in the original games? I still can't tell at all... (probably because I don't have too perfect color vision...)

Shiny Garchomp's blue and red parts of its body are slightly lighter, but it's no big difference.