Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay Episode 1: Heartland Homicide [AFTER SCHOOL]

Tomas Elliot

(Important Action)

Ken smiled: He was glad Charles was opening up to him. Offering the man a cookie from his seemingly endless supply, Ken spoke in a reassuring voice.

"Charles, your secret is completely safe with me. I swear to the candy queen herself." Ken said, pulling out a Madolche Queen Tiaramisu from the extra deck on his belt and holding it gingerly between his non-cookie hand. "No one else will know. So what's on your mind?" Ken said, smiling. He may have been a lazy guy who really hated to put effort into things, but if one thing was for certain, Ken was one of the best secret keepers in Heartland, in his own opinion. Although this was partially because he was too lazy to even recall what was told to him most of the time ( a fact that showed on most of his tests: He was proud to be a solid B- student!), but shhh.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

(To Rene/important action- search port)

"Quite true, yes. Perhaps we may even find some helpful classmates who can share more info" Klive said optimistically as he wandered off in no particular direction. Xe noted the surrounding area carefully, first lookig for anyone notable.

(To Klive; Important Action - Search Port to Beach Area)

"Alright then. Let's search around there then." Rene said to Klive as they seemed to be in synch for their search. Rene started to walk to the Port area leading up to the beach hoping to find something or maybe run into his own little thing along the way.

{Important Action - Going to the Beach}

Shortly after Arial obtained her classmates' contact information, she had sped off in the direction of Heart Beach. Unfortunately, she also didn't realize just how low her motor scooter was on gas until that small red light began to blink on the dashboard. With a sigh (at her own thoughtlessness), the Cyber Dragon fanatic rode into the first gas station that crossed her path. After a brief exchange of words with an attendant, Arial turned off the engine and got up to observe her surroundings. Ever since Anna Reinier spoke about Tenjo's death, Arial realized that she had not have the time to pause and observe such a beautiful view until now. Perhaps this was a way of her bike telling her to take everything step by step. The tomboy gave a slight chuckle at the thought; talking to her cards is crazy enough, she is not going to add her bike onto the list.

Arial took a few steps over to lean against her scooter, which remained on its upright position by its small kickstand, and allowed her thoughts to wander as her green eyes looked at the sunset. It reminded her of a time when she and her family used to always be together, laughing at nonsensical thoughts just to entertain one another, before Aros' business boomed. Sunsets, in particular, were always their favorite time to congregate. Alas, as time flowed, these family gatherings became a thing of the past, leaving Arial alone with her cards to watch the sunset to this very day. She sighed as she reminisced on her childhood days, giving a quick glance at her D-Pad before staring off into the sunset once more.

(Setsuna/Important Action.)

Dominic was in the pattern of looking around the area, kind of annoyed nothing turned up, and he didn't notice Setsuna stopped a bit behind him. Looking at her, and then the area she stared toward, he spotted a girl. "Who is..?" He waited as Setsuna approached and spoke up, and he saw she was trembling, maybe crying. He felt bad at the sight and he walked up to her, stopping a bit beside her, "Voi, why are you crying? Kinda making me sad to the extreme, y'know. What's wrong?"

Dominic looked back at Setsuna with a confused look, theatrically mouthing the words 'I don't know', not sure what to do. He felt a strange feeling form when looking at her, but he had to do something to help her, and it seemed Setsuna felt the same way about doing something as well. "But just what can we do..?"

Edited by Zechs

With Roy and Paul; To Zander

"It's incredible, but I am going to school when it's almost evening." Monika thought as she was approaching that well known building. It was quite a long way; it needed to be worth something. "I am sorry, if I came here too fast." she said to Roy and Paul. She could have also added "I don't like walking very much, you'd be faster than me then" but those were just silly justifications. In the meantime, the sun was (already) about to set.
As she came closer to the school she saw something blue, moving near a bulding. "Is that someone? It could be Zander; he was wearing a blue hoodie today, I think." she thought. After warning Roy and Paul, she sprinted forward, trying to go as fast as she could, despite being slightly tired after going around the city during the whole afternoon... Roy and Paul were surely more tired, so it was better to not complain and keep skating towards that person.

She reached that person only as he was inside the alleyway for some meters. He was walking forward, trying to stay hidden and staying close to the walls. As Monika supposed, he was Zander in his blue hoodie.

The girl tried to talk to him, with a soft voice to not give away his position. "Oh, it's you, Zander... nice to see you again. I also came here to seek a mysterious duelist; you should be here for the same reason so why not go together?"

Edited by Cyaloom

{Roy, Monika, Zander}

It was quite hard to keep up with Monika on her roller blades. She seemed to be an expert on using them to get around as well, as Paul had to quicken his pace quite a bit to catch up with her. Once he finally got to the entrance of the school, he had to catch his breath a little bit. He wasn't much for physical activity, especially after and exhausting school day. But, nonetheless, the trio had finally arrived at their destination together. As Monika went on ahead, he tried to follow as best he could, trying to stay reasonably close to Roy as to not get separated.

Edited by SilverJakler

[important Action/Will]

"Thanks, dude. That's something good to know." Luna spoke before making her way towards the door. She was about to walk out the door when she remembered something. She turned back to Will. "To answer your questions: Yes, I'm from that little classroom. And no, I didn't come here to drink. It's not a Tuesday." She then turned back ready to make her way to the park.

{Important action / Red}
"She knows...As expected, I guess." Thought Gawyn. Without any other real choice short of making a scene, he pulled the card out of his extra deck and held it out. "This? I've been wondering what it means myself. What do you know about it?" he said. "Hopefully this will get answers, although that kid is going to hear everything... I guess it can't hurt to let her stay."

{Paul, Monika, Zander/Important Action}

Roy continued his walk down the ally way, not caring much for chit chatting with the others who were there. He was never much a talker or someone who tried to make friends, seeing how good trying to make friends in the past did for him. He didn't care if Zander stopped to talk or not, his goal right now was to find this duelist and put an end to him before he causes more death with his illegal dueling. He walked past Paul and Monika with Zander still ahead of him as continued down the ally leaving the two to catch up.

Edited by EXLink32

Roy, Paul and Zander - Important Action (If Tacos doesn't post)

That did not go as planned. Zander, the "playboy" of her class, instead of stopping and talk to a "cute girl" (Monika didn't consider herself a very "cute" or good-looking girl but neither an ugly-looking person; Zander should have noticed her), ignored her and kept moving forward into the alleyway.

"Things are getting serious... this place seems to scare me; Zander didn't reply to me, and he's just going ahead".

Monika stood still and looked back at the entrance of the alleyway as Zander was walking away from her: Roy and Paul were approaching the entrance. Despite their efforts, they couldn't keep up with Monika, but they arrived earlier than she expected. "They must have run very fast to be here already" she thought. She made sure that they would see her, then she skated into the alleyway to reach Zander - she arrived behind him fairly quickly, being the only one that was not walking of the four students.

As Zander ignored her before, she decided to not disturb him anymore and just skated forward, without saying a word, staying right behind him. She could have tried to outpace him but she didn't. That alleyway made her nervous and slightly scared; she unconsciously adjusted her helmet, perhaps because of her own feelings towards that place. The last thing she wanted was just going alone in that place.

Roy and Paul were still behind her, in the alleyway, but catching up would have taken them some time.

Edited by Cyaloom

[[To: Luna]]

Will raised his eyebrows at this bit of information. Shadows? Just what was Eppes up to? And why was this girl from the class involved? Then the man thought better of himself. Of course a girl from class 2-2 was doing something strange; every last person he had met today had been a girl from 2-2 doing odd things--first was Blair, though she was just interested in machinery, second was Setsuna asking about the myths tied to Duel Monsters, next was Red, whom he had mysteriously appeared in the garden with, and now this girl investigating one of his colleagues. As Luna made her remark, he couldn't help but chuckle, "No, of course not. I see you have a sense of humor about you. That's a good thing to hold in this world!"

As the girl was turning to leave, Will called out to her. He thought in his head of why he was even doing this in the first place; he could just leave well enough alone, but maybe he was just paranoid lately. So many things going on, probably all because of that woman. "Hey, wait up!" He stumbled for words, realizing how awkward a situation he was in. "I, uh, am a janitor at your school. Eppes, well, I sort of know him, so this is my business too. Besides, the way Jack here was describing him, he seems to be muttering some nonsense, huh?" Once again, the janitor realized he was rambling. "Look. I'm not saying you're incapable of surviving on your own. In fact, it's probably the opposite. With your wit, I'm sure you'll go far. But as an adult, I can't just let a kid go off after some strange guy by herself. At the very least, let me drive you there. I have a car, and it will be much faster than walking or the bus." He pointed outside the window of the door. "Plus, the day won't last forever. You want to get as much done as possible, don't you?"

{Important action / Red}
"She knows...As expected, I guess." Thought Gawyn. Without any other real choice short of making a scene, he pulled the card out of his extra deck and held it out. "This? I've been wondering what it means myself. What do you know about it?" he said. "Hopefully this will get answers, although that kid is going to hear everything... I guess it can't hurt to let her stay."

Important Action/DMK

As Red pulled back the curtains, she was amazed. "How the heck did this teller know she was here?!?!?!" ""And my name?????" "How the heck does she know my name?" Red then watched as the man pulled out a card from the extra deck and show it to the teller. "I wonder whats so special about this card....Is it like mine???"

Edited by Red_Chaos

[To Will]

"Normally, I don't do this with strangers, but since you seem so interested I guess I can make an exception. Alright, lead the way," Luna said trying to shove Will out of the bar.

((Important Action / Adam))

Lane still tried to ignore the pain in his head. The newest vision was really disturbing and he had no idea what it meant, but right now Adam's reaction grabbed the boy's full attention. “What do you mean? I followed you here and we dueled... Don't you remember?”

[iMPORTANT ACTION: To Heart Park]]

[[To: Luna]]

Will was suddenly being pushed by this smaller girl out of the bar. She sure was vigorous. He was caught off guard a bit, and so shouted after Jack behind him, "Woah! Alright, Be seeing you around then, Jack!" He then registered Luna's comment. "Are you always like this?"

And with that, the two were out. The man looked at the girl once the door closed and pointed to his car in the lot. "Right there, let's go then." He unlocked the doors and got behind the wheel. He sighed at the mess he was dragging himself into, but shook his head and decided it was the proper thing to do. Once Luna would get in the passenger seat, Will would drive off toward Heard Park to the north.

[important Action: Getting into Will's Van Car]

"Like what?" Luna asked confused about Will's question. She made her way to the other side of the car and took a seat.

• Veterans

(Important action)

Looking towards Mr Arclight,Charlotte started glaring at the man. "I am everything BUT this brat's girlfriend"She shouted out before putting the Duel Gazer on. This better be interesting or else....

One Recap Post coming up!

Tacos, SilverJakler, Cyaloom, ExLink

You are still busy bickering over who gets to explore the alleyway first, when suddenly a person walks around the corner, apparently coming from further down the alleyway, and approaches you. You cannot help but notice the crazy gear the young man is dressed in: he looks like some sort of futuristic samurai, and his armor is painted red...

"Excuse me, this is not a place for kids, may I ask what you are..:"

The man suddenly stops, having recognized Zander.

"What the... You are the nosy guy from before! You followed me all the way here? What is it that you want from me?"

Again, try and plan out your moves before posting. And please keep in mind that Ayatane just addressed ZANDER, on the account of having met him previously. And the other people present don't know who Ayatane is and realistically, you wouldn't go around questioning random strangers IRL, So yeah, being all like "YOU ARE SUSPICIOUS! YOU ARE KILLING PEOPLE WITH ILLEGAL DUELS! IMMA STOP YOU HERE AND NOW!" counts as metagaming and will therefore be punished accordingly. You have been warned.

Jory and Azery

"Girlfriend or not, here I come!"

Exclaims Arclight, activating the AR Dueling system. And you are both left speechless: the quality of the new virtual field, projected by the Duel Gazers he gave you, is simply stunning, decades ahead of your old models really.

"What do you say? Isn't it amazing? I've worked my technicians into the ground, but the reults were absolutely incredible, were they not?"

He asks, as he switches his D-Pad on.

"Anyway, let's not waste time with words, let's talk with cards! It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!"

Please make one post each describing your reactions to the new technology, as well as Jory getting ready to start the duel. Once that is done, Jory please contact me so that we can arrange a time to duel. I won't have time to do so today, but tomorrow I will be available in the early afternoon (GMT+1).

Hiss and Zechs

The moment you move near, the girl turns around to look at you... And then she swiftly turns to the other side, covering her face with a hand.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

She screams, genuinely startled, as she uses the free hand to reach for an object on the ground you hadn't noticed earlier.

Having grabbed the object, she seemingly puts it on, and then finally turns around to face you... And you realize the object in question was in fact a mask. The glimpse of brown skin you got for a split second is gone, replaced by an expressionless, somewhat creepy white mask.

"Y-you... You have seen me without the mask? H-how dare you sneak on me like that? What are you even doing here? Who are you?"

I am gonna give you the chance to talk yourselves out of this, but be VERY careful when picking your words! Try and help each other to come up with something that might calm her down...

Kaito

"O-ok, c-come in..."

Charles opens the door and lets you in. It takes him a while, almost half a hour, to get to the point, he seems to be very agitated, and he also appears to be unwilling to reveal what he knows... But in the end, he finally says it.

"The night professor Tenjo was killed... I was there! I was passing by on my motorcycle, and I saw everything! It was horrible... Horrible... The most atrocious scene I've ever witnessed in my life! The professor was..."

He interrupts himself, he seems to doubt his own words...

"Actually I... W-well, now that I am telling someone it actually sounds so absurd... There is no way you'd believe such a story! Which is the reason why I didn't go straight to the police: who would believe that a middle-aged professor would duel a kid in a square, in the middle of the night, and end up murdered for it?"

What will you do?

1) "I believe you!"

2) "Wait, did you say 'duel'?"

3) "Wait, did you say 'a kid'?"

Commander and Pixl

As you arrive to Heart Park, you spot a man who is walking right out of it. You recognize him right away: it's professor Eppes!

There is something... Off about him. He seems to be tremendously agitated, he keeps on turning around, as if he was afraid that someone would follow him, and he has a strange expression on his face... What will you do?

DMK and Red

Margaret seems to be amused by Red's questions.

"I am a fortune teller, I can see the future. Of course I'd know you were going to overhear this conversation, my dear..."

At that time, Gawyn shows Margaret the card she demanded to see, and as he does so, the card somehow resonates with the blank one Red still has with herself. A blinding light erupts from Red's pocket, and when she reaches for it and grabs the blank card, she sees it isn't blank anymore!

And then the pain comes. Intense, burning pain in Red's head, and a vivid vision is burned deep inside her mind. She sees the world reduced to a wasteland, blue flames erupting from the ground, buildings crumbling, enormous shadows hinting at the presence of some titanic creature that is actively destroying the current civilization, exterminating the humans whose desperate screams can clearly be hear. But in this desolated scene, a group of people stand still in the face of danger: they are all boys and girls her age, actually some of them appear to be her classmates, she even recognize a couple of them! There is that guy who jumped out of the window at the end of homeroom, there are a couple more classmates Red is somewhat familiar with, and there is even Red herself! A soft glow emanates from the group, and the shadows seem to fall back as they march forward, each with a brightly glowing card in their respective hand...

Red acquired Izanami Lore #81: "Only the Number Holders have the power to save the world"!

And just like that, the light that emanated from the card vanishes, and the vision vanishes with it. What is the meaning of this?

"Interesting."

Margaret is saying

"Who gave you that card?"

Chimchain

You try to help Adam up, but he is just too big for you. He seems to be deeply confused, shocked even, he keeps on talking, but all you can hear is gibberish. What will you do?

1) Try and bring him back to the Bootleg.

2) Look for help to bring him to the hospital.

3) Call the police.

OmegaRa1der

You arrive at the card shop but it is closed. And there don't seem to be people around the Square either.

Honestly, you actions so far make little to no sense. You are just randomly bouncing from place to place, as far as I can see: you finally get involved in an event by joining forces with another user and, upon splitting up and realizing that you picked the wrong turn, what do you do? YOU HEAD TO THE CARD SHOP. Which is like, on the other side of the city center. You really are making no sense, sorry for being this abrupt, you have barely interacted with anyone since this topic started, and most of your posts are one-liners that don't describe the reasoning behind your actions at all, making it even harder to understand you. Really, as things are right now I don't know what your character could/should do, specially not in the Card Shop, considering that Takeda has already given away all the info he was scripted to have for today.

At this point, I recommend that you post in the OOC topic and ask if there are people nearby with whom you can interact. Because as things are right now you are locked out of all the events (and again, this is because you were into an event and you just randomly walked away, against every kind of logic).

This is all. People in Central quare who were headed towards the coast, you are free to reach the beach now. THE BEACH, not the port. Events in the port are still not done, so it would be better if you could avoid interfering with them, but it is now pretty much established that nobody is going from the port to the beach, so yeah, the beach is now an area with no players inside, with events only waiting for you...

"Hmm...well he seems a bit off now, doesn't he?" Luna asked speaking to will. "Don't worry, Luna knows how to solve this problem with ease. All you gotta do is act natural." She made her way a bit closer to the professor and took a calm, deep breath. "Wassup prof! I haven't seen you in a while." She spoke rather loudly making sure the man could hear her loud and clear.

{Important Action - Reaching the Beach :D)

The gas attendant soon snapped Arial back into reality; it seems that her motor scooter was filled up and ready to go once again. 'Already? I guess time does really fly when you're having fun, if reminiscing could even be called that...' Arial smiled politely and handed over the required cash amount before she switched on the engine once more. With one last look at the beautiful sky, Arial sped off in the direction of the beach. Perhaps something there could take her mind off of her nostalgic memories...

{Important Action}

Zander stepped forward towards Ayatane. He slipped his hood off of his face and took off his sunglasses. Zander spoke in a confident voice. He wasn't one to be fazed by danger.

"Ayatane Michitaka. Since we last spoke, I've learned a few things about you." He paused, recollecting what he remembered from the hotel. "You seem to not know anything about how acquiring information could save human lives, yet you suddenly show up around a school that had one of it's teachers murdered. Anyone with their head screwed on the right way would find that suspicious. And how about the fact that you claim to have meetings to attend, but all I see is you alone, creeping around a high school. I learned a few other things, but let's cut to the chase, sir. What is it that you're doing here?" Zander had lied with his final point. He honestly knew nothing more about Ayatane Michitaka. However, perhaps Ayatane could let a few things slip if he thought that Zander was aware of some other things about him.

((Important action / Adam))

“Come on, work a little with me. You're too heavy! This way I'll never get you back to the Bootleg,” Lane complained. The boy was afraid to call for help after what recently happened and didn't know what to do. He still had so many questions he wanted to ask Adam and getting the bouncer back to the pub was the best option he could think off. Maybe a familiar place would shake him out of his confusion?

And hopefully Luna would still be there. Lane could really use her help and advice right about now.

Dean sighed as he noticed the shop is closed. "Damn, I was hoping to get some advice for my deck. Well, I was thinking going to the beach to admire the majestic sunset and practice my skills."

Dean proceeded to skate to the beach, figuring he needs to exercise after sitting in the bus for 15 minutes to get back.

[[Dominic/Important Action]]

"DAH!"

At the sound of the girl's sudden scream, Setsuna fell straight onto her ass. Not again, dammit!

"Hauauauau~!" She moaned as she got up and patted off the dust from her back.

"I'm sorry. I caught a small glimpse! I'm sorry! I didn't know that you you didn't wish to be seen! I just saw you trembling violently and I thought you needed some help--I'm really sorry!!" She spoke quickly to a near slur as she broke into a blush out of pure embarrassment before breaking into a bow.