Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay Episode 1: Heartland Homicide [AFTER SCHOOL]

Tomas Elliot

[[To: Red]]

Will watched the girl walk off. Perhaps he had rambled too much after all. He shrugged, and headed off to finish his duties for the day beyond trash collection. That generally meant locking up. There were after-school activities so he couldn't completely shut everything down, but most of the unnecessary places could be done. He strolled down the hallway and kept going through the school until he reached the teachers' offices. There were only a handful of teachers still on school grounds and those were the few that had late advising groups. They would all be in the teachers' lounge though. So Will went though checking all the doors to make sure they were fine; he had already been through once before to collect the trash but it's always good to double-check.

The janitor stopped before the end of the hallway. Something was off. That door at the end, Mr. Tenjo's office, which hadn't been opened all day (after all, how much trash could a dead man--or at least his ghost--produce anyway?), was ajar, but no light shone from the gap. Will cocked his head slightly and frowned in disapproval. His gait was silent as he drew near the door. Peering into the room, he knocked twice on the door and pushed it open fully. "And what do we have here?" He asked of the darkness before him.

Important Action

RED was SCREWED. SHE FROZE. Red hadn't expect anybody to find her. Red panicked. If she spoke she would be in trouble. If she didn't say anything she would be in more trouble. However, as Red tried to think, her body couldn't maintain the froze pose and she tumbled to the floor. Papers flew, a chair was knocked over and the damn light finally flicked on. There was Red face down on the floor with papers and a chair on top of her and the janitor being able to see her. Red didn't move for a minute until a piece of paper had slowly made it to the ground.

Red in a muffled voiced: My name ...... is Red Plains (spits out paper from her mouth) and I'm looking for my papers.....

Edited by Red_Chaos

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Important Action: Head to Charles House)

Ken stood around for a second to think. If he was looking for Charles, then he doubted he'd be home... it seemed too early for that after all. He knew about the riding inventor and had made contact with him a few times, he was a nice guy. The whirring of a motorbike did keep him up sometimes when he neared Sugar King though. And personally... he wasn't a fan of going to The Bootleg. The owner was an alright person, but... Ken really hated the smell of alchohol. Too bitter. He'd definitely prefer to check in there last if he could. That left Heart Park... also the furthest option of what Mr.Takeda said.

... Heart Park was a long ride on scooter. He COULD also go to Charles house and wait there for him. That would require less effort, and give him a bit of a break. To Ken, that seemed like the best option. Searching with breaks. He could go to Heart Park from his house if Charles wasn't there. But honestly, he hoped he was. Snapping back to reality, Ken smiled at Mr.Takeda and yelled a quick "Thank you!" He then turned on the spot and ran straight out, blowing right past one of his classmates.. he'd apologize later if he saw him again.

Ken then hopped onto his scooter and started on his way to Charles's House.

{Important Action: Cards}

"Hey, Mr Takeda." said Paul as his classmate passed by him. He was thinking he should say something, but the guy seemed to be preoccupied with a certain task or something, so he decided it was probably wise not to bother him. As he walked up to the kind old man, he observed the wide assortment of cards kept in various tins, containers and glass cases. He always loved coming here with his sister when they were younger, they'd buy packs and get tips from Mr. Takeda all the time. If only things would go back to being that simple... "I was wondering if you got any new cards in your latest shipment, been wanting to improve my deck. Any recommendations?" he asked.

[[iMPORTANT ACTION: Tenjo's Office]]

The scene that played before Will was something out of a sitcom. This clumsy girl in front of him had made quite the mess of the room in her tumble, but Will heartily guffawed and put his hands on his belly. Once the paper Red had spit out found its way to the floor, the janitor shook his head and chuckled slightly before saying, "Aha. Well now, Miss Plains, I did not mean to scare you! But at the same time, you either get scared too easily that it must be a medical issue, or... you're actually doing some sneaking about?"

He finally got control of his face back from his laughter and looked around the room. "After all, this is Mr. Tenjo's office. All of his students' work would have been moved to the new teacher's by now. Surely you knew that, though." He leaned over her a bit and held out a hand to help her up. "How 'bout this? If you tell me what you're after, I might have it within my power to help you. And I'll even throw in the added bonus of not ratting you out!" He smiled warmly, then remembered to introduce himself; "I'm Will by the way. Will Van Dine."

Edited by Pixl

[[To Blair]]

Setsuna heard the words 'a tool that makes it convenient and tidy' come out of Blair's mouth. "Look I don't know how you avoided the kickback you sometimes see in AR Vision duels but that doesn't matter. Use of duel disks means the possibility of someone being thrown into the flower beds."

She turned her head to look at the the wall. "Through she's right about putting up a sign. I should probably get on that." She muttered to herself, albeit in a fairly audible manner.

"That being said, I am pretty sure I told your opponent about not using a duel disk…" She trailed off and put her hand to her forehead. "I really am not in the mood for this. Forget it. I'll let it slide since there was no damage but don't do it again. Any duels in the garden should to be done only on tabletop. Just remember that." She just gestured with her hand to the girl to just move on. She had too much on her mind and frankly, chasing the lead she had at the moment was far more important than chewing out the girl in front of her.

Edited by Hiss13

[[iMPORTANT ACTION: Tenjo's Office]]

The scene that played before Will was something out of a sitcom. This clumsy girl in front of him had made quite the mess of the room in her tumble, but Will heartily guffawed and put his hands on his belly. Once the paper Red had spit out found its way to the floor, the janitor shook his head and chuckled slightly before saying, "Aha. Well now, Miss Plains, I did not mean to scare you! But at the same time, you either get scared too easily that it must be a medical issue, or... you're actually doing some sneaking about?"

He finally got control of his face back from his laughter and looked around the room. "After all, this is Mr. Tenjo's office. All of his students' work would have been moved to the new teacher's by now. Surely you knew that, though." He leaned over her a bit and held out a hand to help her up. "How 'bout this? If you tell me what you're after, I might have it within my power to help you. And I'll even throw in the added bonus of not ratting you out!" He smiled warmly, then remembered to introduce himself; "I'm Will by the way. Will Van Dine."

Important Action : (involves Will)

(In Red's head)Damn it, so much for that lie.....but would he know anything about these illegal duels?

Red took the janitor's hand and sighed. "I'm looking into these illegal duels, I don't want to become another victim like Mr. Tenjo." "My dueling skills aren't that great, so I thought if I knew what to avoid, I wouldn't you know......die????"

Important Action: Involves Antex (and anyone else going to Heartland Park)

Antex leaves the classroom and decides to head to Heartland Park, as he does not want to go home yet. After arriving at the park he sees several people (NPCs and whoever else is there). He says to himself maybe "I'll duel someone and polish my skills".

Setsuna/anyone at the police station/Important Action

"Fine then." She thought for a moment as she idly moved toward the exit. Normally she didn't involve herself in these sorts of things, but this was unusual. And, it involved technology; there weren't many ways to kill somebody without marking their body or leaving some sort of obvious trace, but some sort of computerized weapon could have killed someone by disrupting neural activity. After all, electronics could be fried with a simple EMP. She'd have to stop by the police station - though she doubted they would let her at anything deemed important - and look into it. She went to her "scooter," though it was modified enough that it could hardly be called such anymore, and drove out of the school parking lot and toward the police station.

(Klive)

Robert thought about Klive's own question, doing his best to think of someone, anyone else who could fit the knowledge they needed. After some deep thinking, one name that he heard around clicked. "Hmm... apart from your suggestion of Mr. Arclight, I can only think of one person, well atleast if what I heard around was true. Her name is Blair, and she was actually in Mr. Tenjo's class as well. Atleast from what I've heard people say, she's a wizz at tech and modifying. But..." He put extra focus on the 'but,' putting the one negative out. "...the problem is that I'd have no idea where she'd be Now. I mean, we'll likely be able to find her if we just wait until tomarrow at school, but as for right now I've got nothing."

Robert facepalmed at the end, having completely skipped over that possible tidbit until now. "Sorry about that. Do you have any other ideas yourself?"

After Blair left the garden, Setsuna went to the indoor garden and let the gardening club members who were fairly surprised at the lack of rage.

"I'm leaving early today. I have some things I want to take care of." Those were the words she spoke to her senior, the president of the club. The club president, though, was more than willing to let her go for the day since she noticed that Setsuna seemed to have a lot on her mind at the moment.

With that, Setsuna headed to the bus stop where she quickly caught a bus would take her to the square. While on the bus, she penned and sent a message for her Investigation Partner, Dominic, where she outlined what the janitor had told her and where she was going.

Time for Recap Post everyone!

Darklight and Tails

You patiently wait for your turn, and finally make it your way to the entrance. There is a nice-looking lady at the counter who welcomes you.

"Good day! Are you students? Because if you are, you get a 20% discount on the entrance ticket!"

What will you do?

1) "Yes, two tickets please"

2) "What with the crowd? Is something special going on?"

3) "Will you let us in for free if we beat you in a duel?"

Jory and Tacos

The samurai-esque guy doesn't seem to appreciate Arthur's tone, but he replies nonetheless.

"In such a case I am afraid you are out of luck. Of all the people who are staying here, there are only two duelists: one just left, he is an archeologist named Ike Johnson, who is in town to cure an exhibition at Heart Museum. Definitely not a shady character, and in fact he has a very legitimate reason for being here. The other would be myself, and I too have a reason for being in town, but unless you produce a badge and a warrant, I have no intention of telling you what it is. Anything else?"

What will you do?

1) "Sorry for bothering, we will leave now"

2) "We didn't mean any offense, it's just that this info is very important for us..."

3) "You are so damn suspicious!"

Chimchain and Commander

This time, Jack really seems to find what you said to be very funny.

"Heard that, Adam? They are interested in the hotel!"

Adam remains completely passionless, as usual.

"Well yes" continues Jack "I might know something about a person staying at the hotel, and it might be the kind of info you are after... But if I give you this info, what will you give me in return?"

What will you do?

1) "You can have Luna!"

2) "We will entertain you with our passion! Err... I mean... A passionate duel! Yeah, we will duel one another for your entertainment!"

3) "We will duel your gorilla here!"

ExLink and Cyaloom

The cop really looks tired.

"Well yes, we actually have a situation here... Unfortunately, I am not authorized to divulge any details. Surely, if Lieutenant Flagstarr and that idiot Adams were here, it would be a lot easier, but the went to Central Square..."

What will you do?

1) "Sorry for bothering, we will leave now"

2) "If you want, we can go look for your collegues and tell them to come back!"

3) " You look stressed, wanna relax with a duel?"

DragonMasterKrim

Charles seem perplexed.

"You are looking for professor Eppes? Well as a matter of fact, he just walked past me, I saw him enter the park... Hi tried to greet him but he ignored me! Has something happened?"

What will you do?

1) Further converse with Charles

2) Go home because it's clear you were worrying for nothing

3) Go looking for Eppes inside Heart Park

Zechs

Adams seems happy that you asked.

"Yes yes, unexplainable aspects! Like, the body was found in the middle of this square, but none of the security cameras ever registered professor Tenjo (or something with a sack that could contain a dead body) walking in! So yeah, now we are planning to meet this Charles fellow at Heart Park because..."

"DAMNIT ADAMS, SHUT UP ALREADY!"

"... Y-yes ma'am! Sorry ma'am!"

Flagstarr looks straight in your eyes, her expression is rather intimidating...

"Listen kid, this case is really complicated, so the last thing we need is meddling civilians. So for the sake of your safety, and more importantly for the sake of my sanity, please don't get involved in it. I already have to drag Adams around, I don't need other teenagers..."

And with this, she turns around and starts heading back towards the police station.

Zechs obtained Info: "Charles might know something about Tenjo's death!"

Zechs obtained info: "Charles is at Heart Park!"

You would like to say something to the cops who are about to leave, but right at that moment your mobile rings. You have received a message from Setsuna, apparently she found a lead about the whole "illegal duels having to do with ancient myth" thing, and is headed to Heart Hotel.

As you finish reading the message, you realize the cops have left, but you also spot Gen who is approaching you. What will you do?

1) Take a moment to speak with Gen (your next post will not be an Important Action)

2) Meet Setsuna at Heart Hotel

3) Go look for Charles at Heart Park

Kaito

You soon arrive to Charles' house but, after inspecting the surroundings, you soon realize there's nobody around. As you go check the door, you notice a paper on the door mat: I am at Heart Park, be back at 7, Charles. You check your watch: if you hurry, you can get him at Heart Park... But the wait shouldn't be too long either.

What will you do?

1) Go to Heart Park

2) Wait for Charles here (your next post will not be an Important Action)

3) Get bored and go somewhere else (your next post will not be an Important Action)

SilverJakler

Takeda seems happy to help.

"Ah yes sure, come with me... Are you looking for anything in particular? And what kind of deck do you play?"

What will you do?

1) "I play Heraldics. Aren't they cool?"

2) "Frankly, I am interested in this rumor about cards that would grant 'mysterious powers', do you know anything about that? I could use one for my deck..."

3) "What deck I play? Find out with a duel!"

Red_Chaos

It happens so fast, your brain doesn't even have the time to register it. You see a quick movement behind the janitor's back. You hear a faint noise, like that of a swipe.

The next thing you know, the janitor is on the groud, and is not moving. As you watch in horror, a tall woman enters the room...

"Sorry mister Van Dine, your services are no longer required."

Says Anna, her enigmatic smile on her face.

"... But what a hassle these humans are! Using memory, consciousness, sense, ability and art to fill in their own emptiness: always striving to improve, always striving to give their existance a meaning, and yet always so contraddictory in their desires... Is it not so? Take yourself, for example: you claim you don't want to die, yet you felt the need to stick your nose in a matter far beyond your comprehension, and to sneak in poor professor Tenjo's office..."

She looks straight into your eyes now. And there is something absolutely terrifying in that look: her eyes are unnaturally enormous, the golden irises shine like two stars, and the sclera around them is pitch black. It's like staring into two black holes as they devour two suns.

"... So much for not wanting to die."

And then you feel it. You feel something forcefully (and painfully) invading your mind. Your thoughts, your memories, your very self-consciousness are being stripped from you, the pain is excruciating, it feels as if the inside of your skull was being slowly but steadily filled with acid. As your mind crumbles, you desperately try to cling to reality, to say or at least think something, as if the mere act of affirming your individuality could save you from what looks like a horribly painful death.

What will you do?

1) "What are you doing to me?"

2) "What did you do to mister Van Dine?"

3) "Did you kill professor Tenjo?"

Pixl

Suddenly, the girl in front of you disappears. And the room disappears, too. You are in the middle of what looks like pure, pitch-black nothingness.

And then, rom the complete darkness, an all-too-familiar figure emerges.

"Good day!"

Says Anna

"It would seem that you stepped into a restricted area, triggering one of my illusory fields. Nothing of what you are seeing is actually happening, it is a mere way to put your mind in stand-by as you body is moved to a more suitable location. If you are seeing this message, it means you are an adult with sufficiently strong will to avoid being dragged in some kind of atrocious nightmare, which at least gives me the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have any questions before all your memories of this event are deleted?"

What will you do?

1) "Restricted area?"

2) "Illusory field?"

3) "Message?"

Vince, RanenVolt and King Murdoc: as of now there is no event you can join, as you are in locations pretty close to one another you can interact with one another, or with Zechs should he so decide (no Vince, you DID NOT obtain the info Zechs obtained). In King Murdoc's case, since his original destination was the police station, he may also decide to interact with Cyaloom and ExLink, but only after they are done with their own event.

Also Dobby and Turbo, you are currently not involved in anything, and you are fare away from anybody else: feel free to use your next post(s) to move to somewhere else (it won't be an Important Action).

{At pub}

Dean continues walks to the card shop for advice to improve his consistency to summon thunder end or Divine Dragon Knight. He would of got it out in the duel with Blair If she didn't pull mirror "troll" force on him. He decided to take a break at the pub before going out to the shop which is around 5 blocks from the pub.

Edited by OmegaRa1der

[[iMPORTANT ACTION: Dialogue with Anna; "Restricted area?"]]

Helping Red up, Will straightened. After hearing her concern, the janitor realized she was another one looking for answers about illegal duels. He just smiled, and prepared to tell her just what he had told Setsuna previously.

But then everything went black.

Will felt sluggish and empty, he was disjointed and had no idea where he was. Then he saw her. That woman. "You." He stated without enthusiasm, and perhaps even with a tinge of disgust. He should have figured she would only cause trouble. But there was no familiarity in her voice. She did not speak to him as if she knew him, and even referred to him by way of saying "you are an adult." Obviously. The way she said "message" gave Will the feeling of listening to a voicemail. The entire thing seemed automated. If he believed what this apparition was saying, then Will could only figure that this woman did not want him where he had been standing. It bothered him that this area was restricted, but he also had a sinking feeling in his gut about her apparent ownership of more than one of these "illusory fields," judging by her use of the term in plural.

He still did not feel his best. However, he did manage to force out a reply; "You're a witch, you really are. Your methods are counterproductive and questionable. Why is Tenjo's office restricted?" Will felt a bit silly at his demand of this seemingly-automated apparition of a woman who couldn't even be bothered to appear to him personally.

Edited by Pixl

{Important Action}

Arthur shook his head, not willing to take no for an answer. "Look, I'm sorry if I offended you, but this is really important to us. Are you sure there's nothing you know that could help us find out more?" he asked as he tapped his foot impatiently. Normally I'd be pretty down to stay and chat for a bit, but that incident in the cafeteria has me all riled up, he thought to himself. That's something that's never going to fade, though. That spoiled brat needs to be taught a lesson in respect and humility, he fumed.

{Important Action}

Zander followed up Arthur's statements with one of his own. "Yeah. We understand we're not like licensed detectives or anything, but lives could be in danger. The sooner we get this information, the better, sir." Zander bowed politely to the man. He had no reason to go to the museum. Arial and Rene can catch that guy at the museum, maybe. And who's to say this guy's innocent?

(Important Action + Moniika)

"You seem a little stressed out by the whole thing going on in there, wanna have a duel to calm your nerves?" Roy said before getting out his Duel disk. It wasn't anything too special just different coloring being black and red. He wanted to duel since the one he had earlier was a tie and he didn't feel like he won or lost. So this might help both of them out.

Roy's Duel Disk

dueldisk25.png

• Support Squad

[Robert]

"Well, we can pursue this Blair later tomorrow. I think for now maybe we should just straight go around and ask people. C'mon, maybe someone in the town centre will have some info?" Klive offered as a suggestion as the two walked out of the building towards their bikes.

((If you're fine with the idea feel free to bunny us to the center))

With Roy, then with Blair

After entering the station, Monika wasn't moving, speechless, staying at Roy's side and looking around. "Why was all this people here and why were they
so busy?"

As she was still trying to understand what was happening, Roy challenged to a Duel the cop: she didn't expect this from her classmate and decided to do something else... As the cop said, with "Lt. Flagstarr and Adams it would have been easier", but they were now in the Central Square. So, why not go there and talk with them? Maybe they could be more helpful. Monika greeted Roy as he was readying his D-Pad and then left the station.

Outside of that big building, she sat down on a bench and put on her black skates (with white and yellow wheels and an aluminium frame, but these were just details), and then got up on her blades. She didn't use them for a long time so she almost fell to the ground, then got used to them again. She always felt so nimble and agile on them; it was a great feeling, at least for her.

As she was gaining some speed, she heard the noise of a motorbike. "Arial?" She turned around to see someone else, not Arial, approaching her on a heavily modified motorbike. "Her name... Blair, I think" she thought before skating for some metres towards the girl. Now, it was up to her; would she stop and talk with Monika or keep going? The girl on the motorbike was still coming at Monika and about to pass by her...

Blair slowed her approach when she spotted a girl from the school rollerblading away from the police station. It looked like she had just come from there; maybe she knew something. She could at least tell Blair whether they were speaking to people. Blair pulled up alongside her as the "scooter's" engine rumbled softly. "You came from the police station? Did they tell you anything?" She preferred to get straight to the point.

<<Important Action>>

Setsuna hopped off the bus fairly close to the hotel. She sprinted over to the building which had the words 'Heart Hotel'. Room 107, Ike Johnson. She repeated this to herself and took a deep breath before putting on her D-Gazer. She then started to walk to the doors of the hotel.

Edited by Hiss13

((Important Action / Jack and Luna))

Lane pretended to be seriously thinking things over. “Well, I could offer you Luna, but that might be cruel on my part. She would probably burn this place down or drive you nuts,” he snickered. “But do you like dueling? We can duel Muscles to entertain you if you want? I don't know what else I could offer..."

Ken looked at his watch after seeing the note Charles left. " 7 PM... that's not too far away. Plus, it gives me a little time for a quick catnap." Ken said, grinning as he parked his scooter down in front of Charles's house and proceeded to close his eyes and wait.

{Important Action, Info}

"Actually..." Paul said, a bit of hesitation in his voice. He wasn't really sure if he should ask this or not, but Mr. Takeda seemed like he would know at least something about those weird cards. "I was wondering if you knew anything about the mysterious cards that've been floating around Heartland lately. I know they might be dangerous, but I'd really like to find one to examine it."

{Important Action}
Gawyn sighed a little and said "Yes, I suppose something has happened....now that Tenjo has passed, a strange new teacher took his place. She claims to have worked there for years, and I vaguely remember her....but the memory feels flawed somehow. Not only do I want to see Professor if Eppes remembers her, I also want to make sure he's okay. Two teachers disappearing at once seems awfully suspicious." Then he turned to face towards Heart Park, said "I'm going to go see if I can find him. Thanks for the help, Charles!" and walked off.