Survey on violence desensitisation

Jacobliterator

This is for a study in the Senior Year of High School, so I would appreciate your participation. Just answer these questions.

1.How long have you been gaming?

2.What is your favourite genre?

3.Would you consider yourself a gamer?

4.Have you ever played Call of Duty?

5.Have you ever let someone under 15 play Call of Duty?

6.Do violent games make you feel angry?

7.Do you think its unethical to let those underage play Call of Duty?

Answer ASAP!

1.How long have you been gaming?

Er, two or three years. Not long

2.What is your favourite genre?

SRPGs/JRPGs

3.Would you consider yourself a gamer?

Yeah

4.Have you ever played Call of Duty?

Unfortunately, yes

5.Have you ever let someone under 15 play Call of Duty?

Do I count myself?

6.Do violent games make you feel angry?

Nope, not really. If anything they're a good output for all the resentment that stores up inside my. If I didn't have something virtual to stab I might end up stabbing something real

7.Do you think its unethical to let those underage play Call of Duty?

Not unethical, per se. I think it depends on who you are. There's plenty of adults who shouldn't be playing CoD. Personally I wouldn't let my kids play CoD until after they'd already been indoctrinated with Fire Emblem owo

So long as the thread doesn't turn into a debate, I don't see anything wrong with it.

1) 11 years
2) RPG
3) Sure
4) Yes

5) Never

6) Not once frequently

7) Tough questions last, huh? No. This topic seems minute enough not to weigh in terms of being ethical. Whether it's beneficial is another story. But to answer, no.

Good luck with your survey!

this is so loaded rofl,,,,

1.How long have you been gaming? 14 years almost?
2.What is your favourite genre? moba/rpg/city building
3.Would you consider yourself a gamer? y
4.Have you ever played Call of Duty? y
5.Have you ever let someone under 15 play Call of Duty? y
6.Do violent games make you feel angry? no it's just a game lmao
7.Do you think its unethical to let those underage play Call of Duty? not really as long as they realize it's just a game and it truly doesnt matter

Yeah this is a really biased survey but hey its for high school

1.20 years

2.RPG

3.yes

4.yes

5.No

6.No

7.Yes, only because its unethical to let adults have to suffer playing with eight years telling them things they did to their mom.

Of course it's unethical to play COD... But not for the reasons related to the survey.

The problem with the games is that they aren't bad games, per se, but that they're all the same. The company's just like "hey, let's copy and paste last year's game and say it's new!" And they do this because it works, people still buy them. If you spent money on these games, you're providing incentive for the companies to keep cloning them. You, yes YOU are the problem, not the company.

As for the violence thing? Uh, violent games have existed looooooong before Call of Duty. And the only "anger" I've experienced with them is when they're frustrating.

1.For two years, I think? Devil May Cry 1,3,4 and reboot, Metal Gear Solid and Pokémon, I haven't got time for more really. I want to try Portal 1 and 2 so bad tho.

2.Hack and Slash.

3.Nope. I think a gamer is someone who plays and knows lots of videogames. I don't play and know lots of videogames. Thus, I don't think I'm a gamer.

4.Nope.

5.Nope.

6.Nope. Puzzles in reborn make me angry; violent games entertain me, it's different.

7.Underage as in, less than 18? Nope. I've met kids of 14/15/17 that are either tougher or braver than me, and smart enough not to let a silly game absorb their life, get to the top of their heads or confound it with reality. I can't really say a specific age people should or could start playing violent games: some young people have the mental preparation to do so, while some older people are more sensitive to violence and can't stand such games. I think it depends on the person.

King Murdoc, I know the survey is a bit biased, but to be honest this probably won't be used in my study. I just need to show something for a progress report. And I already have enough data from these. Besides, my 75 year old teacher wont know the difference. if this bothers you, you can delete this topic.

Before I answer, I'm just going to say this is a terrible poll. It's extremely biased, and doing this kinda poll at uni-level is an instant fail. But anyway:

1) A long time. 15 years maybe?

2) RPG

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Yes

6) No

7) No

1) Over 20 years.

2) RPGs, with some experience in most (if not all) genres.

3) Yes.

4) Yes, Finest Hour being the first and Black Ops being the last i've played.

5) I'm not responsible for the actions of anybody else, but i wouldn't have an issue with someone below that age playing them.

6) No, mild occasional frustration would be the closest thing.

7) No. Parenting and context have far larger roles in such things, if anything games make players have stronger feelings of abhorence towards actual violence.