Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay Episode 1: Heartland Homicide [AT SCHOOL]

Tomas Elliot

Focus : Minerva
Location of Focus : In-front of her classroom, 2-2
Focus Mood : In-thought;Hungry
Others Present : Ken

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

While on her way to the cafeteria, Minerva was some wrapped up in thought and hunger, she almost forgotten if she brought her own lunch or whatnot. It was also somewhat convenient to check, because she was right infront of her homeroom 2-2. So after leaving it earlier, she came back to check to see if she was smart enough to bring something for herself. She honestly did not prefer the food in the cafeteria, but its not like she cared. She could eat anything at any given moment due to how many times she would just be so hungry.

However she did not find anything this time around besides some animal crackers, Branum's Animal Crackers. Eh whatever, at least they are the BEST animal crackers ever made in animal cracker history. Like they were truely 'the snack food of the gods.' Or atleast she thought so. So she did what anyone would do in her situation. Tear open the box of Branum's Animal Crackers, and start munching away!

Sadly she figured the animal crackers were missing something...Nah, how could they be, they are 'the snack food the gods.' Anyhow she then started to wander then she saw what appeared to be a dude, who was eating what appeared to be Cookies. Wait...That was a classmate? Either A. Minerva never noticed the dude in class, B. That dude never wanted to be noticed. Or C. She really did not give a fuck. Whatever it was, he was noticed, and Minerva certainly cared. So she brought some of her golden treats, and averagely walked over to Ken. When she approached Ken, she asked rather confidently, "Can I have a Sweet or two?" Still holding onto her golden treats.

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

End Focus : She stops by her classroom to eat her animal crackers and asks Ken for a cookie.

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(To Dominic/Zechs)

Setsuna was sitting at one of the multiple wooden tables that was sitting in the garden. She had gotten herself over there rather quickly since nobody seemed to stop her. So, she started eating the food in her bento box while holding the somewhat thick yet small blue paperback book she was reading with her other hand.

About when she was a couple of pages into the chapter, she noticed a blond haired guy who walked into the garden and had asked her some questions.

"Dominic...was it?

"Not really. The atmosphere in class was mostly somber due to Professor Tenjo's passing. I think it was too hard for anyone to do the kind of things they'd do to a new teacher." She marked her place in the book and set it down next to the bento. She gave a long sigh, shifted her hair back, and continued. "Honestly, there is more off to this situation than Professor Tenjo being found dead in the circumstances he was found in. There's that weird feeling of deja vu I got when the Professor Reinier walked into the classroom...or was it familiarity...? I can't really put my finger on the right word. It's all so surreal. What about you? Did you feel the same?

"That being said...what brings you to the garden? It's fairly rare for students outside four members of the gardening club to come here."

Edited by Hiss13

(To: Minerva/bote)

Ken had idly been lost in savoring the sweet and sugary taste of his "lunch", if it could even be called that. However, he registered in the corner of his eye that a girl with long white hair had approached him and asked for a cookie. Ken looked towards the girl and flashed a smile, like usual. This wasn't the first time he had been noticed for his seemingly-bottomless amount of sweets, and he was always happy to share when he wasn't on the clock. After all, his nickname wasn't "The Sugar Prince" for nothing... although he noted that he seemed to be the only one to call himself that. Taking a cookie out of the tin and offering it to Minerva, he let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, of course! I brought enough for the entire class if anyone wanted any, so I'm happy to share." He said as he pushed the cookie towards her. He'd been a Heartland kid his whole life, so he knew a lot of the locals, or at least knew of them. It certainly helped that his dad owned a fairly popular sweets shop which he helped out at often. If he remembered right, this was Minerva, who had ended up moving here a little while back. He didn't know her well, but he knew of her.

"Minerva, right? You and I don't usually talk much. Or at all. Don't tell me you're only after me for my sweets?" Ken said, giving a little mock gasp and a lighthearted laugh. Even in bad times, it always paid off to smile.

To Luna and Ariel

After quadruple-checking the room for a concerned girl, Zander gave up. Tough crowd, looks like these girls don't let their emotions get to them. Frustrated with the situation, Zander shoved his lunchbox into his bag, picked it up with a flick of his shoulder, and disappointedly walked to Anna's room, hoping there might be some girls mourning there. He poked his head in the doorway and saw two girls that seemed to be starting a conversation. He sighed, once again disappointed that no one was exactly distressed over their teacher's death. However, his desire to impress females drew him towards the girls. He shuffled his necklace around in his right hand, his finger smoothly gliding over the slick, ruby surface. The necklace had always given him a surge of confidence, and this time was no different.

He drove himself forward approaching the two girls, attempting to emulate a sense of bravado. He placed his hands on Arial's desk, being sure to flash his emerald ring to display his wealth. "Hello ladies. Care to tell me your names?"

Interacting with Arial (DarkLight) and Sidus (Flynn)

When the bell rang, Monika looked briefly at her notebook. The older pages were filled with organized notes and schemes, the one that she wrote on today instead was so chaotic, with really small letters and some details missing. She did not follow the entire lesson... no one seemed to be able to do that.

Monika, actually, tried to write down those notes, but also kept thinking about the previous teacher, or staring at the window, at the sky. She kept asking herself questions like "How did Mr Tenjo die, and who killed him?", "Who is this Anna Reinier and why is she so familiar?" or "What is an illegal duel?" and even "Can you die because of a Duel?".

Monika also looked briefly at the person who sat next to her for the last two hours, who also looked at her right in the eyes before she turned around.

Sidus was his name; a blonde, not very tall (but, at least, taller than her) and fairly shy guy. She still didn't get to know him well, although they were in the same class, but they seemed to have a lot of things in common. "Sidus was so similar to her in both good things and not so good things... serious, calm, and shy. Only the hair colours are the opposite. Oh, and he must be a fairly reasonable person... " she thought, as she put her left hand in her "very" black hair.

After a piercing whistle coming from "Some attention-seeking classmate" she didn't even pay attention to, and a "good" lunch with some sandwiches, Monika decided to just take a glance at the class, now with just some people in it. Arial still was on her desk, in front of Monika, using her tablet to find informations about illegal duels, and not finding anything comprehensive about these "Illegal duels". She, in fact, didn't even notice Monika looking at her tablet, until a loud noise was heard in the classroom... caused by Luna: Arial was staring steadily at her, who instead just yelled "Hi!".

Some moments later, another boy entered class 2-2. "Zander, if I remember correctly" thought Monika as Luna turned around and started talking with him.

Monika took this chance to talk with Arial about what happened yesterday and about all of the questions in her mind. "Did she know something more about that? Did she actually find something on the Internet? Does she know some answers to my questions?"

Monika started to talk, trying to get Arial's attention: "Hello Arial...". After a pause, Monika spoke again: "Could I discuss with you about what happened to our previous teacher?"

Actually, Monika also had the idea to leave class 2-2. Maybe she could talk with the guy with the blonde hair again...

Edited by Cyaloom

The bell abruptly snapped Paul back into reality. He'd been in a sort of trance the whole day, thinking about how all these bad things managed to pile up so quickly in the past few days. Man, first Sylvia, now Mr. Tenjo too? This week just keeps getting better and better... He thought to himself as he got up and walked to the cafeteria. Just a a few days ago, his sister, Sylvia, had went missing. The two of them were very close when they were younger, but as she acquired more and more fame for her dueling prowess, they started growing apart, little by little. Everyone who knew her though that she had a very promising career in competitive Duel Monsters, but all of that was dashed when no one could find her for the longest time. Search parties are still out there, trying to track her down, but it won't be long till they give up the chase.

This ordeal also made his parents heartbroken and distracted, they were all worrying out of their minds about her. But he knew he had to keep going to school, whether or not he could pay attention in class. For now, he'd have to just deal with all this bullcrap thrown his way. He found an empty table in the cafe and sat down. He pulled out his lunch from his pack to see...

"Peanut butter and jelly, huh? Well... guess it's better than nothing." He took a bite out of it. All was well at first, until he felt a disturbing crunch in the peanut butter. Paul sighed and said, "Man, screw today..." as he put the sandwich down.

{(To Zander (and somewhat Arial)}

Luna shifted her attention away from Ariel noticing a boy coming towards them. When he placed the ring on the girl's desk, Luna couldn't help but stare at it. She always loved looking at shiny things. Maybe a bit too much. "I'm Luna. Luna Fitzgerald. I know my parents told me to stop talking to strange people, but where'd you get that shiny...ring?" She kept her eyes focused on the ring not even looking up to see the boys face. At this point, she'd completely forgotten that she Arial was sitting right next to her.

((Cyaloom, if you want to interact with Arial, now's your chance))

• Support Squad

When the seemingly lovely teacher called out to xem with a rather cold looking professor, Klive considered for a moment dismissing them, the temptation to further question Robert flitting through xyr mind. However Klive would rather not risk any long term prejudices just because of some slight disrespect in favour of information which could be gathered later. So the curious person stifled that curiosity. The things she did to satisfy this ritual they all called "Social interaction".

Klive immediately addressed Robert though, rather than completely ignore his attempt at helpful input. "I hope you don't mind if I question you about more details later? I'd ask now but I'm afraid our teacher wants us." Xe said, ending with the rather abrupt statement as xe pivoted on her heel and strode over to the two teachers waiting. "May I help you? Or do you perhaps want to help me by answering my prior question?"

To Klive and Gawyn

Anna had asked professor Falas to wait a minute, as she needed to addess miss Hartluck's behaviour, but he still saw fit to ask her a question. And what a bizarrely worded question that was! It was almost as if...
Something within Anna smiled. Two could play that game.

My oh my, professor... What a question to ask at a time like this! Indeed, specially considered what happened to poor professor Tenjo, the two of us have a number of things to talk about, but please not now: as teachers, we cannot afford to break our masquerade of unflappable rolemodels in front of the students, not even to mourn such a loss, now can we?

Only two people could have possibly heard how she uttered two specific words with a slightly different tone in her voice, and of them, only one had any chance of knowing why noticing that would have been important. After smiling again at professor Falas, Anna turned her attention to the student she had called up. Who had the nerve to speak first, and with a tone that would be enough to cause many professors to lose their temper. But Anna was intrigued: could that have been the right person?

Why yes, miss Hartluck, I indeed wanted to help you: I wanted to help you remember that this is a school and not a circus. Even in nowadays' very lax standards, a high-pitched whistle like that is hardly appropriate for this place, particularly in the current circumstances. Am I right, professor Falas?

Stay professional now, professor Falas! You are in front of a student, so duty comes first!

(EonicEevee)

Roy chuckled a bit after hearing Eric's duel request. "It's been a while since I was challenged," Roy said taking his lunch box from his backpack to the ground nearby. "I accept." He then opened his deck holder, which was attached to his belt, took out his deck and waited for Eric to do the same. He wanted to do this rather quick because he was looking forward to eating his lunch before the duel.

"Hello...? Anyone in here?"

After reaching the bathrooms at the end of the hall, Will set up his slightly-faded "DO NOT ENTER" sign in front of the girls' room. He had just called to make sure there were no occupants, and, finding no response, entered the room. Thereupon he found the consequences of the leak in the form of a pool of water on the floor. He traced its source to one of the sinks, and set to work. It was during this time that Will began to ponder more on the happenings at the school.

"I wonder if this is really alright. I hope the children don't end up getting into any trouble."

Edited by Pixl

• Support Squad

To Anna/Gawyn

That was the second time Anna had used the title Miss. This could not be allowed to continue unchecked. With the same voice xe had used to make her ignored request to the class, Klive went on to correct Anna "I might say two things Miss, the first is that the same title I just used can only be applied to one of us. I identify as a non-binary individual. If you are at a loss as to what to call me in substitute of that title, please use the word Mx, as well as the standard pronouns such as Xe, xyr and xem. Second, what's the issue with a whistle? It was the quickest way to try and get attention, though that strategy did fail seeing as my only replies were from you, who evidently means to reprimand me, and one other student. That said, it was still the ideal action to take."

((Anyone still in class))

Lane stared out of the window, blank expression on his face. This day really couldn't get any worse. Professor Tenjo's death was harsh enough, but Lane was pretty sure this meant his days as a duelist would be over before they even began. His parents would make sure of that. They were against his choice, this school, from the very beginning. The memory of the heated argument was still fresh in his memory. Of course they wanted him to follow in their footsteps and become a doctor, but shouldn't he have a say in that? Ok, fair enough, changing schools without his parents knowledge wasn't the smartest move.

His parents were furious when they found out he went behind their back and somehow managed to keep it a secret. It wasn't that hard because they worked late hours and he barely saw them even when they were home. Nonetheless they demanded to change it back to the school of their choice so he could become a doctor or at least, in their opinion, get a decent education. There were other acceptable careers but a duelist? Never! When Lane first refused they blamed puberty but when he stayed stubborn and didn't give in things got out of hand.

In the end Lane threated to run away from home and his parents gave him one year to change their mind. The boy had no idea how to do that before this entire incident with professor Tenjo, let alone after. If his parents found out a teacher had been killed in a duel that would mean a one way ticket home.

The blond sighed. This was out of his hands now so he might as well enjoy what probably would be his last peaceful days before his parents made him study every day. He got up, pushed his chair back so it fell over, and opened the window. His foot balanced on the bottom window frame as he was about to take the jump towards freedom.

To Luna, slightly Ariel

Hook, line, and sinker! The girl had taken the bait and Zander wouldn't let his opportunity slip. He noticed her attention was fixed on the ring, and developed a plan for her to see more than just his expensive jewelry. As he narrated the story of how he received the ring, he slowly slipped his hand to his chest, and then to his ruby necklace, rubbing the ring and the necklace together. Lastly he led it to his face and then ran his finger's through his shiny "yellow topaz" hair, as he called it.

"Well, firstly, my name is Zander Helios. You may recognize the name from Helios Cuisine, the food company of which my father owns. So, as you can imagine, he's a rather affluent man. With his salary, he often would buy me extravagant jeweled gifts, such as the ring and this necklace. He also got me my prized Crystal Beast deck." He then placed his hand back on the desk. He noticed a boy slipping out of the window and his face contorted out of confusion. But, he wouldn't let some rebellious student take away his chance. "But enough about me, what I'm interested in is you."

{Monika, slightly Luna and Zander}

'How fascinating!' Arial thought as she slipped a piece of shrimp into her mouth. 'If this is really true, that could explain why Zane had that brief hiatus to recover from heart complications.' She pressed the "Back" button on her screen and continued to scroll down. 'But is this also the reason why he went to Cyberdarks--'

The sudden loud bang on the table has completely crashed her train of thought. Arial jumped in her seat and almost choked on that same piece of shrimp at the same time. After a few sputtering coughs and gags, Arial turned to the source of the disturbance - Luna - and gave her an annoyed glare. If it wasn't for another person -actually, make that two people - coming over to introduce themselves, Arial would have railed on her for almost causing her untimely death. So much for a peaceful break...

"Arial Longshire." The green-eyed girl said curtly to the bejeweled teen. When she noticed that his attention was diverted to Luna, Arial lowered her glare and turned to face a softer, feminine voice that seemed to echo right behind her. Arial blinked for a moment; why would she want to talk about their deceased professor? Well, might as well go along with it, it's not like that girl will leave her to her research. "Hey there, uhhh, Monika, is it? I'm free to hear to you out until class starts again. So what's up?" Arial responded as cheerfully as she could.

(To Antex)

Standing in front of the cafetaria looking for a place, Aron notices a classmate approaching. He seems to be shorter than him and wears a white jacket with black jeans and a red shirt.

"Hey, alright, let me get some cafeteria food first, haven't brought my lunchbox with me today, guess I must have forgotten it on the kitchen table."

As Antex looks for a place to sit, Aron is on his way back to the table.

"They served lasagna today, looks really delicious."

Aron puts his plate on the table, puts his schoolbag aside to him and sits down.

"So what was your name again, Antex Versago right? Isn't the Versago family a family of all skilled duelists? So that means you must be skilled too." Aron concluded.

Robert simply nodded as Klive headed towards the teacher, showing a grin to mean 'glad to help'. With his main focus returned to eating his bento lunch, he started to brainstorm which of the 'stories' were even worth mentioning. Obviously the literal gossip could just be thrown out since he felt that it had no actual meaning to it. The obvious rumors to tell would be the idea of it 'just being medical,' but it wasn't like Prof. Tenjo showed anything wrong before hand, and most of the reasons that people brought those ideas up wouldn't be so sudden... Then it came back to the idea of an 'illegal duel'. Even if it were true, why would he have been involved in an illegal duel in the first place? Was he just in the wrong part of town, did he make a big mistake? Well, whatever could actually be 'theasable', that's the obvious priority.

Edited by TurboAura

• Veterans

Charlotte was having a decent day so far,keyword being so far as hearing that your teacher had died before you got to know him better would depress some people...being able to hide your emotions was a boon at times but it could make her look unaffected which was a bad thing.Looking around the classroom,she noticed a few people had gotten themselves into a conversation and not wanting to intrude on anyone at the moment got out her deck and shuffled through it before her eye landed on a certain card;Sky Cavalier Centaura....the card that her brother gave her and the one that got her into the game. Just as quickly as she got the card out,Charlotte put it back into her deck.

She then got out a can of Soda and started drinking the cold liquid inside of it to take her mind away from what happened to Proffesor Tenjo but there still was that nagging feeling that there was more to it than what met the eye.

Edited by Scublord McFoxy

(To Red)

Rene was in another trance when he felt he was poked on the shoulder. He cringed for a slight second, not expecting that at all, to see a familiar red-haired girl, Red, trying to get his attention. Rene turned around towards Red and replied with a smile, "Oh...hey Red. How are you? If you would like to sit down, you may."

Klive and Gawyn, then Lane

Oh? Talking back to the teacher, are we? Your behavioral pattern doesn't match anything I have in my data, you are one interesting human being. I wonder if...

But before she could finish, she noticed a boy stepping outside the window and preparing to jump off. Which, even disregarding the risks involved, was a major violation of the rules.

EHI YOU! Young man, what do you think you are doing?

Not receiving any response, Anna turned to her collegue Gawyn

Don't just stand there! Stop him!

(To: Minerva/bote)

Ken had idly been lost in savoring the sweet and sugary taste of his "lunch", if it could even be called that. However, he registered in the corner of his eye that a girl with long white hair had approached him and asked for a cookie. Ken looked towards the girl and flashed a smile, like usual. This wasn't the first time he had been noticed for his seemingly-bottomless amount of sweets, and he was always happy to share when he wasn't on the clock. After all, his nickname wasn't "The Sugar Prince" for nothing... although he noted that he seemed to be the only one to call himself that. Taking a cookie out of the tin and offering it to Minerva, he let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, of course! I brought enough for the entire class if anyone wanted any, so I'm happy to share." He said as he pushed the cookie towards her. He'd been a Heartland kid his whole life, so he knew a lot of the locals, or at least knew of them. It certainly helped that his dad owned a fairly popular sweets shop which he helped out at often. If he remembered right, this was Minerva, who had ended up moving here a little while back. He didn't know her well, but he knew of her.

"Minerva, right? You and I don't usually talk much. Or at all. Don't tell me you're only after me for my sweets?" Ken said, giving a little mock gasp and a lighthearted laugh. Even in bad times, it always paid off to smile.

Focus : Minerva

Location of Focus : In her classroom, 2-2

Focus Mood : Hungry, Social, and Impressed

Others Present : Ken

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

"If we didn't talk much, thats probably because I probably I didn't see you around. I guess we could always get to know each other a bit more." She encouraging said as she slid the cookie into her hands rather somewhat slowly and roughly, but not rough enough to damage the cookie. "I always find myself to be hungry, and usually just have to just keep on eating something atleast." She said shrugging it off as she takes a bite into the wonderfully made cookie.

It was like magic happened when that cookie was bitten into. It was like that cookie brought back Minerva into the past to remind her of all of her joys in life that she experience. Like the excitement or shear joy of when she saw fireworks for the first time, and at the top of the "Boom!" with a dropped mouth. Or the fun of when she was at the countryside, riding a horse, half of the time giggling from the fun she was having. Or the comfort when it was cold and snowy outside, and right next to the fireplace she drank some hot chocolate and ate a few cookies on the side. She could even relate to the shear joy of defeating the imprisonment of her parents. That was one hell of a blast.

She quickly found that the cookie vanished in her hands. She looked at the ground to see if she dropped it. Nope, wasn't there. Dayum, she must of ate that cookie quickly. "How the fuck are people not crawling over you for your sweets! Like holy shit, this cookie is amazing! Did you make this?" She was impressed. She knew she was a talented cook, but baking was one art form that she could never perfect. Not even the snack food of the gods could beat a taste like this. "Personally I cook myself, I can't ever learn baking for some reason. It just always seems so difficult!" She seemed somewhat frustrated, but it was a joyful frustration that in the end put a smile on her face.

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

End Focus : Minerva ate one of Ken's cookies.

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

{Lane (and possibly Anna)}

Arthur calmly wiped his lips with a napkin and looked up at the student who seemed to be attempting some form of self-defenestration directly in front of his desk. He was puzzled for a moment, then realized it would probably be a good idea to stop the student from jumping. After all, with two deaths in the class they might very well shut the school down for a while. He cleared his throat and tapped the student on the shoulder, not even having to leave his desk to do so. It was precisely at the moment that Miss Reinier looked over at the student and scolded him. "'Scuse me. I don't really know you, so I could be wrong, but are you trying to jump out that window?" He shook his head. "Look, Miss Reinier already saw you. If you're trying to make a quick escape you might as well go for the door. At this height you're likely to break your ankles, and then you wouldn't get very far now would you? Just get down and come eat with me. You can jump out all the windows you want later when I'm not around."

((Anna and Arthur))

Lane looked back as the new teacher called out to him,. He froze a little and almost took a step back. “I-” he stuttered, before realizing the decision he made two seconds before, “I'm going to grab some lunch, Miss, you want something too?” he grinned before turning his attention to the boy that tapped his shoulder.

"You think so? It's not that high so I think I should be fine. I would accept your lunch offer but I think I'm in trouble if I stay...Besides I'm pretty sure my parents are going to force me to transfer, so I might as well make the most of it while I can."

{Lane}

Arthur's face went blank at the mention of parents, but the laughter soon returned to his eyes as he began to reply to the other student. "Yeah, but I wouldn't take the risk. Look, I doubt Miss Reinier's going to get you in any kind of trouble. With Tenjo dead, his students are likely to do all kinds of weird crap. You could just blame it on that, you know," he said quietly. "I'll pack up my lunch. We can go to the cafeteria to eat, and if you want we could even have a duel."