Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay: OOC/Signups [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

Tomas Elliot

So I have been messing around it's 3:30 AM please help and made a funky hybrid of Shaddoll and Nekroz that isn't even as good as the two of them individually but it's neat and gimmicky and we love gimmicks here don't we?

Though I did manage to beat the AI at its own Shaddoll deck, if that counts for anything.

Edited by Pixl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending almost two hours working on a recap post, a connection crash was all it took for my work to go to hell. Even with the "restore auto-saved" feature, I could only recover a small part of the post, because apparently the last auto-save occurred over a hour ago. Now I must rush to university, so yeah, I won't be able to work on it again untill nightfall. Everyone who have made posts tagged "Important Action", as well as Cyaloom and King Murdoc, please avoid posting further untill then. Apologies for the inconvenience.

After spending almost two hours working on a recap post, a connection crash was all it took for my work to go to hell. Even with the "restore auto-saved" feature, I could only recover a small part of the post, because apparently the last auto-save occurred over a hour ago. Now I must rush to university, so yeah, I won't be able to work on it again untill nightfall. Everyone who have made posts tagged "Important Action", as well as Cyaloom and King Murdoc, please avoid posting further untill then. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Besides, talking to other players is not an Important Action! Important Actions are only those that specifically require a Recap Post to be made in order for the action to advance!

Welp, this just means two less people to address in the next Recap Post, so I am fine with it. You just lost your chance to obtain some info tho :P

Welp, this just means two less people to address in the next Recap Post, so I am fine with it. You just lost your chance to obtain some info tho :P

Well, Monika went to talk to the other players... so if I get a response and they want to share the info, it should be fine, else, Monika could go in the actual Square and talk with the cops afterwards (as, from what I have understood, we are in a corner of the Square, near the bus stop, and then I could go at the center of the square, see what's going on etcetera - so I will need address in the Recap Post). Also, Murdoc could go talk to the cops right away.

(If I don't get info from Dominic, for example, I'd have to ask it to the cops - so, entering the square).

Unless, technically, I am already in the square, seeing everything that is happening, but if that's the case, I still need address in the recap because that would be reaching a new location, and I (as Monika) do not know what's happening there yet.

So, if everyone agrees with this, could you wait for Zechs to post (so Monika talks with Dominic) and then post the Recap, including me? I either have already done the Important action (arriving in the square) or will do that after talking with Dominic (arriving in the square, see what's going on, and maybe leave.)

Thank you.

Edited by Cyaloom

Well, Monika went to talk to the other players... so if I get a response and they want to share the info, it should be fine, else, Monika could go in the actual Square and talk with the cops afterwards (as, from what I have understood, we are in a corner of the Square, near the bus stop, and then I could go at the center of the square, see what's going on etcetera - so I will need address in the Recap Post). Also, Murdoc could go talk to the cops right away.

(If I don't get info from Dominic, for example, I'd have to ask it to the cops - so, entering the square).

Unless, technically, I am already in the square, seeing everything that is happening, but if that's the case, I still need address in the recap because that would be reaching a new location, and I (as Monika) do not know what's happening there yet.

It's not exactly smart to both go against what the host says, and then later say it's justified by a situation that may not even happen.

A word of advice, write all of your RP posts on Word or Notepad or some external program first. It really helps with if you have some sort of connection issue since you'll have a backup of the post. You don't have to put in all of the spoiler tags and whatnot until after you actually paste it in the reply bar in which case you can just edit in all of the spoiler tags and BBcodes after you paste it. Really saves a lot of trouble.

(this is my first RP so I don't know a lot of things)

Am I "in the square"? This is what I needed to know. Because if I am, then I did an important action...
What I am trying to say is that, if I talk with Dominic and then, let's just say, I want to go in the square, then talking to the cops, then I'd have to wait for another Recap.
I'd just ask if Tomas could wait for me and Dominic to speak before doing the Recap, so, if it's needed for me after that, it could address me right away.
(I could also go to somewhere else after talking there, it depends on what Dominic is going to tell me).

EDIT:

I would rather you just edit your post to conply with Tomas.

Well, I think I'll do that instead; I'll be editing the post soon. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT 2: the post has been edited. I hope this is what Murdoc thought; although this means that there won't be an interaction with DOminc and Gen.

Edited by Cyaloom

Cyaloom, you are overcomplicating an extremely simpe situation: you see, the cops have LEFT the Central Square, so now in Central Square there are only people who are not involved in any event (WHICH INCLUDES DOMINIC, because as of now, he is not carrying on his event, he is merely talking to Gen). Before you posted, I had written a Recap Post in which you and Murdoc came across the cops on the way back to the police station, as I saw that as a perfect occasion for you and Murdoc to collect some info. However, since said post went to waste because of friggin' connection, I posted here, warning people not to post, so that I could re-post all the mentioned stuff at a later time. However, you DID post, and you described yourself arriving in Central Square: since the cops are NOT in Central Square anymore, by doing so you missed your chance to talk to them. At this point, in the square there are only people who are NOT involved in any event (WHICH INCLUDES DOMINIC, because as of now, he is not carrying on his event, he is merely talking to Gen, yes I know I had already written these very words, but repetita iuvant), so if you talk to them, you don't need a Recap Post to advance the action: you say something to them and they reply, it is a simple dialogue between players, and if you start such dialogue by saying "yo guys, how's going?" they don't need a Recap Post to be able to reply "quite fine thank you". Therefore, talking to people in the square is NOT an Important Action, EVEN IF DOING SO RESULTS IN YOU OBTAINING INFO FROM DOMINIC because, again, it is Dominic who does the action of telling you about his info, and to complete said action no Recap Post is required (as long as Dominc says "Yo Monika, did you know? I found out this and that" the action is over, it's not like there are NPCs involved or something).

Of course, all the confusion stems from the fact that I was supposed to say all these things (as in, the fact that the cops have left and thus in the square there are only people who are not involved in any event) in the upcoming Recap Post, and this is exactly why I recommended you not to post before I could make the Recap Post. But since you did post, now a minor time paradox is occurring: however, if you just listen to me and do what I am saying, we can play on pretending that said minor time paradox never happened.

In conclusion, you have two choices: rework your latest post and have it state that you ARE ABOUT to accet Blair's suggestion to hop on her scooter, without adding anything else (in particular, do not specify that you move to the square, simply stay where you are, that is halfway between the police station and the square), and in this case you will meet the cops and have the opportunity to get some info from them and perform an Important Action, OR leave your post as it is, and just go chat with the people in the square (Dominic, Gen etc etc) pretending that I already said that the cops have left. In this second case, your next action will NOT be an Important Action. It's not that hard really.

P.S.: good thing I persuaded my professor at university that I am better at taking notes with my laptop...

Sorry for everything that happened... you posted while I was writing that post...

Now, I will just stop the post along the road (Monika hopped on Blair's scooter and was going with her to the square... and here I stop).

Sorry to everyone for the misunderstandings.

(seriously? Going to Reborn during the lesson at the university? Unbelievable).

Edited by Cyaloom

Sorry for everything that happened... you posted while I was writing that post...

Now, I may just stop along the road (Monika hopped on Blair's scooter and was going with her to the square... and here I stop).

Is that OK or do I have to keep the post?

Sorry to everyone for the misunderstandings.

Don't take my words to heart, stuff like this happens all the time in roleplays. If you make a mistake it is not a problem, as long as you are willing to work in order to fix it.

This being said, I can only repeat: if you do what you say in this quoted post ("Monika hopped on Blair's scooter and was going with her to the square... and here I stop"), then you will meet the cops and talk to them. If you leave your post as it currently is, then you will end up in the square and talk to people who are not involved in any event at the moment. It is your choice, pick the one you prefer. Just post here stating which one you have chosen, because I will need to edit the Recap Post accordingly.

I've already edited that post. The problem is that I'm probably "bunnying" Blair (as Murdoc said he agreed with this - he said "feel free to bunny us to the square").

So, if Murdoc wanted to go to the square anyway, he could be still forced to talk to the cops because I am doing this (unless Blair makes Monika jump off her scooter to talk with the cops, while Blair keeps going).

I've already edited that post. The problem is that I'm probably "bunnying" Blair (as Murdoc said he agreed with this - he said "feel free to bunny us to the square").

So, if Murdoc wanted to go to the square anyway, he could be still forced to talk to the cops because I am doing this (unless Blair makes Monika jump off her scooter to talk with the cops, while Blair keeps going).

I guarantee Murdoc won't be mad at you either way, he gave you permission to bunny him, so now he cannot complain. Besides, he is the co-host, he already knows all the info he could obtain either way.

Stop being afraid of messing up and decide already: which will it be?

Thomas, you're far kinder than I'd be. If someone we're to ignore me or do something without them realizing the consequences, I'd let them suffer.

I am just a guy with good memory. Cyaloom is making the mistakes any noob would make and well, I still remember when I was a noob myself. This is why I am so lenient: back then, I would have preferred a host like the current me, rather than someone like you :P

I think I'll wait till Jory's next post before I make mine. If Arthur rushes out after Ayatame, Setsuna's response will be different than if he doesn't. So, I'll wait until then to post.

I think I'll wait till Jory's next post before I make mine. If Arthur rushes out after Ayatame, Setsuna's response will be different than if he doesn't. So, I'll wait until then to post.

I repeat what I said in the recap post: please do plan your moves together with the other people involved (Jory in this case) by contacting them via PM!

Jory, the samurai didn't walk away: he bounced into Heiss just outside. Which is why I had written, at the end of the Recap Topic, that your best bet was contact Heiss to plan the next move together. Please correct your post: I mean if you want to tail him that's fine, and if you don't want to talk to him and/or Heiss that's fine, but please don't imply that he went far, because he didn't.

Jory, the samurai didn't walk away: he bounced into Heiss just outside. Which is why I had written, at the end of the Recap Topic, that your best bet was contact Heiss to plan the next move together. Please correct your post: I mean if you want to tail him that's fine, and if you don't want to talk to him and/or Heiss that's fine, but please don't imply that he went far, because he didn't.

We actually did PM each other to try and coordinate our next moves. It just seems that Jory made a slight error.