"The Axe"

Amethyst

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the Gallade thing was a bad idea. I can't wait the the day (long in the future) that Scyther comes to reborn. I've got a metal coat just waiting for him

I'm guessing it will be available after Adrienn... because xyr fairies aren't going to like Scizor at all :P

Edited by Xiri

This may just be me being cocky and not looking too far past the amount of available amount of Fairies in the game, but I don't think Adrienn is going to prove to be too difficult.

Pokemon I -expect- to be on xyr team at this point:

- Gardevoir

- Togekiss

- Azumarill

- Clefable

- Mawile/Klefki - if it's a singles battle, I would lean towards the keyring here for hazard and possibly swagplay support, depending on how much Ame hates me. C:

- Sylveon/Florges - Sylveon is the better choice, period, here - but both Pokemon do the same exact thing - scoff at special attackers.

The next best guess for me would be Whimsicott (probably in place of Gardevoir or Clefable, as we've seen leaders with those before) - and it should be known that I'm not aware what field effects, held items, and circumstances will affect the battle at this point.

You will -want- to bring someone particularly fast (Crobat comes to mind) and Taunt (assuming the Klefki is a thing) - and by the time Adrienn is an opponent, it's very possible that you would have both.

Adrienn will have to be able to contend with a well seasoned player with a lot of options available to him/her/xem - and in Pokemon games, this is around the point where things get into the competitive realm in terms of stats (already have later in the current release) and what not to try and make things interesting - Ame -might- have something else to contend with, but by this point, that might be the greatest factor in xyr favor.

You'll want to bring something along the lines of the following in terms of your own team hypothetically:

- one taunt user with noteworthy speed (Prankster would definitely be encouraged, as Klefki has it itself.)

- one or two Poison type pokemon.

- one or two Steel type pokemon.

- a Fire type Pokemon.

- something with Unaware - possibly

- a Bug type - possibly

- a Rock or Electric type (move or Pokemon) to deal with Togekiss.

---

I can vouch for Frillish to be made available after Shade - especially if that young Gengar line is getting removed.

This may just be me being cocky and not looking too far past the amount of available amount of Fairies in the game, but I don't think Adrienn is going to prove to be too difficult.

Pokemon I -expect- to be on xyr team at this point:

- Gardevoir

- Togekiss

- Azumarill

- Clefable

- Mawile/Klefki - if it's a singles battle, I would lean towards the keyring here for hazard and possibly swagplay support, depending on how much Ame hates me. C:

- Sylveon/Florges - Sylveon is the better choice, period, here - but both Pokemon do the same exact thing - scoff at special attackers.

The next best guess for me would be Whimsicott (probably in place of Gardevoir or Clefable, as we've seen leaders with those before) - and it should be known that I'm not aware what field effects, held items, and circumstances will affect the battle at this point.

You will -want- to bring someone particularly fast (Crobat comes to mind) and Taunt (assuming the Klefki is a thing) - and by the time Adrienn is an opponent, it's very possible that you would have both.

Adrienn will have to be able to contend with a well seasoned player with a lot of options available to him/her/xem - and in Pokemon games, this is around the point where things get into the competitive realm in terms of stats (already have later in the current release) and what not to try and make things interesting - Ame -might- have something else to contend with, but by this point, that might be the greatest factor in xyr favor.

You'll want to bring something along the lines of the following in terms of your own team hypothetically:

- one taunt user with noteworthy speed

- one or two Poison type pokemon.

- one or two Steel type pokemon.

- a Fire type Pokemon.

- something with Unaware - possibly

- a Bug type - possibly

- a Rock or Electric type (move or Pokemon) to deal with Togekiss.

Well Florges is the only lock right now as it's xyr Ace, Sylveon could also be in the mix for the rotation though. Azu is fairly likely being one of the few upper echelon physical fairies as well and being able to handle fire, which resists fairy. Mawile/Klefki is basically a lock, but I have my doubts it'd be a Mega Mawile because it's not Adrienn's Ace. Could potentially see some shenanigans with Klefki and Adrienn's field effect. Togekiss is a good choice and I believe it will be in there one way or another.

Other pokemon that were not on the squad you listed that could definitely be there.

Whimsicott (You know what it's Ame, so probably this)

Slurpuff

Aromatisse

I'm not sure how Ame feels about giving leaders, other learders' Aces (Noel - Clefable, Radomus - Gardevoir)

Final Prediction:

Florges

Azumarill

Klefki

Whimsicott

Togekiss

Sylveon

Must Haves:

>Fire Type

>Field Effect Breaker

>Something to manage Azumarill (Preferably a Bulky Grass Type with Giga Drain or something)

>Something fast and powerful enough to outspeed a Hax Togekiss and deal with it (Excadrill is optimal)

Having both Klefki and Whimsicott is a bit redundant. I think Granbull is a viable choice, as it learns EQ to deal with the resistant Fire, Poison, Steel types, has intimidate to fend off physical attackers, and has good enough stats to stand on its own. It fills holes, depending on how the EVs and movepool are. At the point we reach Adrienn megas should be included. A M-Mawile is needed, even if it's not xyr Ace.

inb4SapSipperjustbecause

I know she -likes- Whimsy, but it's a terrible pick that will be absolutely answered by a Poison type unless you -have- to break the field first. Hence it's my "first of the bench" pick. I don't think Sylveon -AND- Florges would be in the team either, but I'm not certain. I -do- think Gardevoir is a Pokemon that has the potential to be re-used - especially if gym leaders -could- have megas.

...which is why I think Mawile is probably going to be viable...and that's something that you would absolutely need your fire type for....for realsies.

Granbull though? Probably not. Gardevoir gets focus blast.

Let me be the first to say.... Granbull sucks.

Everything it can do Azumarill can do better as well, so there's really no reason to have it there. I missed the reason why Gardevoir (psychic > poison because early in morning), but I'm still not sure if Ame would want to give leaders the Ace of another leader though.

If it were Clefable, I'd at least hope it was a very different set from Noels. Like Flamethrower, and Unaware as opposed to Magic Guard Calm Mind/Stored Power.

Well since the thread change into "Adrienn speculation thread" here is my prediction from the last thread about xyr team

Azumarril, Mawile, Sylveon, Florgess, Togekiss and Mega Altaria

With some vortex/illusion "alice in wonderland" field like witch acts like Trick Room and some other things to boost fairies and minimize some weakness

I'm going to guess

Florges (Her Ace)

Mawile (Not Mega)

Azumarill

Togekiss

Whimsicott

Gardevoir

As for what Jericho said about Aces, you overlooked the fact that Serra has a Lapras, Amaria's Ace Pokemon iirc.

I'm going to guess

Florges (Her Ace)

Mawile (Not Mega)

Azumarill

Togekiss

Whimsicott

Gardevoir

As for what Jericho said about Aces, you overlooked the fact that Serra has a Lapras, Amaria's Ace Pokemon iirc.

Don't know if it counts (no Aces) but both Radomus and Luna have Malamar

Oh and from E15 Serra's team is going to change

Oh! I actually forgot another case of aces. Bennet's Volcarona is used by Charlotte.

@Qaaz: We're not talking about in terms of repeated Pokemon, but the sig Pokemon each Leader used on the league servers ie Cal used Magmortar, Serra used Froslass, Titania used Scizor, etc. There have been plenty of cases of repeated Pokemon already.