Releasing the pokemon of Blackstream factory.

xero626

• Administrators

That was part of the original plan actually, but as it turns out I didn't have a way to make the trainer in question require a specific instance of Vanilite, for example. You could have given them any Vanilite and that just didn't feel vanil-right.

• Administrators

The OT thing is possible, yes! However, this goes back to an issue I brought up in a different topic- if I modify aspects of a Pokemon such as the OT, then the player has to have an empty space in their party-- the pokemon can't be sent to the PC. I avoided this previously because it would be cumbersome, but I was surprised at the number of players who would not mind this. So it could potentially be back on the table.

You know, you could always do it like the Growlithe. Take it, breed it, and trade it or its offspring.

The policemen don't really have a problem, as long as it's a growlithe. It could be the same for a kid, whose parent wanted to give the mon as a gift.

It wouldn't mind which specific Vanillite is it, as long as it has it.

The OT thing is possible, yes! However, this goes back to an issue I brought up in a different topic- if I modify aspects of a Pokemon such as the OT, then the player has to have an empty space in their party-- the pokemon can't be sent to the PC. I avoided this previously because it would be cumbersome, but I was surprised at the number of players who would not mind this. So it could potentially be back on the table.

Well, I was thinking this:

They have OT's and Nicknames(can't be changed because they weren't traded to you) and you run into people saying they miss their precious *instert nickname* so much, backstory time how they gave it to the daycare couple and then they go like: "Oh? You found it in a Team Meteor location? Can I have it back please?"

Pretty much like Ruby's Rara in the Pokemon Adventures manga. You could've even trained it and used it in battles and get a nice reward like a TM for it. Also the original trainers would be in random places not too far from a PC.

Like one would've went to the circus to cheer up after their precious Vanillish Coney was stolen to cheer up again, and then poof, there you are with Coney with you! :)

But you could still breed it? that'd be possible.

Edited by Helia

The problem isn't the specific pokemon, it's the tedium of getting an altered Pokemon into one's party.

As an aside, nicknames via trades can be edited in Reborn.

Yes I know, that's why I said they can't be changed because they weren't acquired via catching or trade.

Well, when you're able to buy the pokemon, a PC is really like thirty steps away or so, so I don't think having to deposit something to get them would be that cumbersome. The Ditto - if you get it at the Factory - is different I guess, but it could be an exception. Maybe its trainer died since depositing it into the Day Care (there were quite a few opportunities for that) and as such its OT got cleared... dunno if it works that way, but maybe it could.

Personally I released them all after buying them up, pretending they would go on to find their trainers around Reborn themselves. :P

Edited by roqi

I wouldn't mind it at all, especially if it were to add to the content of the game. I say you should go for it!