Riddle me this!

Dhanush D Bhatt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, solution's similar to the previous one

You have a limited number of colours that you can use. Colours don't go on infinitely, at some point you're coming on to a hard stop. If you have an infinitely larger number of people, you're going to have duplicates. This is where it starts tying into the first solution. From there, you go through the same motions, and you'll be able to deduce your hat colour

But realistically though, both numbers will be on a much smaller scale. Using the entire spectrum of colours would be too confusing, and at the end of the day, the test is on logic, not colour, so the professor's likely to use just a few choice colours that are easy to differentiate. Similarly, there isn't an infinite number of people in the world, much less students, so the number will also go down. But the same thing more or less still applies.

The same thing applies, yes. But what if there are more colours than students? *MASSIVE HINT* Can you think of a reason why there has to be a duplicate of each colour?

why are all these riddles about hats did Lost make them or something

also I'm bad at logic so rip me

Nah i'm just obsessed with coloured hats riddles

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing applies, yes. But what if there are more colours than students? *MASSIVE HINT* Can you think of a reason why there has to be a duplicate of each colour?

It's literally impossible to have more colours than people, unless you have phantoms wearing hats or some shit

• 3 months later...

So you mean that there is a duplicate of each colour on every hat?

Doesn't that mean that all the colours will be used 2 times?

What is bugging me is the 2 rules saying:1)you cant communicate with eachother

2)if you should have found your clour but you didnt say so you fail

I've got 2 scenarios:

1)Each time the bell rings,every student could stand up and start saying another student's colour so that each student finds his/her colour.

I dont know if that can happen though.The logician stated that the students cant communicate.But he didnt say that the students cant communicate when the bell rings.(its a bit silly)

2)If you can see the other hats this means you can find your hat's colour.

How? Since the logician uses only generic colours (because as stated,this is a logic test)you can possibly guess your colour based on the colour of the hats the other students wear.For example:10 students are to wear coloured hats(with one of them being you).

The colours are: red,blue,green,yellow,pink,purple,brown,white,orange,black.

If you dont know which colour is your hat,you can guess your colour based on what colour the other hats have.