Monster Hunter Thread

Godot

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pssh. I haven't even reached High Rank. I really do need to go back and play that game again. Just can't seem to get into it as much as I did with 3U.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I post my friend code here ? I'm rank G-golden crown and I'm using the golden rajang charge blade. The only thing is that I didn't play the game for 2 month.

Anyway my code is 4742-5392-6494

Edited by biggs223

Is Brachy any different than he was in MH3U? I killed a ton of them in that game for the G-rank armor and weapons, so I got pretty good at it.

the answer is pretty much no

he's completely different to the rest of the game/fights and it throws everyone off at first but once you get used to him hes not the worst

it really just depends on your rng luck with how much he rams you into the wall SotC style.

• 4 weeks later...

Monster Hunter X news

There will be 2 combat styles you can choose from; Guild Style and Aerial Style.

Guild Style is the default combat style which is basically what every older monster hunter has.

Aerial Style involves a fuckton of aerial combat where you just jump around a lot. Imagine Tonfas but for every weapon.

Every weapon will also have a special attack.

Greatsword

Super Skill - Inner Beast

Store the energy of a cutting swing in your blade and hunter. Raises the attack power of your next attack.

Longsword

Super Skill - Spirit Release Circular Slice

When you activate it, your Spirit Gauge goes to MAX and stays there for a limited period of time.

Sword and Shield

Special Action - Blade Buff

An item SNS can carry that temporarily boosts the weapon's capabilities.

Super Skill - Round Force

A hit that reaches around your hunter. You're invincible to attacks while performing it.

Dual Blades

Super Skill - Spinning Top of Bloody Flurry

Move forward while cutting into your target. You can change direction during the move.

Hammer

Super Skill - Spinning Meteor

Swing the hammer with great velocity and smack down with massive power.

Hunting Horn

Super Skill - Sound Shockwave

A powerful attack where you blast a monster with a condensed sound shockwave.

Lance

Super Skill - Shield Assault

Rush forward with your shield out front in a guard. You can top it off with a strike.

Gunlance

Super Skill - Supreme Mountain Wyvern Blast

A wyvern blast that spews a hellish swirl of explosive hot energy.

Switchaxe

Super Skill - Translash

A combo using both axe and sword, followed by an elemental discharge.

Charge Blade

Super Skill - Energy Blade

Hit the monster with the power of your phials. The more phials you have stocked, the more powerful it becomes.

Insect Glaive

Super Skill - Insect Swarm

A swarm of insects that surround you. They protect the hunter and attack monsters that are next to them.

Light Bowgun

Super Skill - Bullet Gazer

A combo move where you evade backwards while shooting explosives on the ground, which detonate once you reach standstill.

Heavy Bowgun

Super Skill - Supernova

A special shot that travels forward, then explodes in a ball of fire.

Bow

Super Skill - Acceleration Rain

Shoows arrows that rain upon you. Boosts your movement speed as well as your charge speed.

More confirmed monsters;

Blango (Blangonga as well because of that, most likely)

Tetsucabra

Zamtrios

Gaijinhunter goes in depth on the weapon changes. Find him here.

But there's more, though untranslated.

Heavy Bowgun

https://vid.me/J5w3

Bow

https://vid.me/bPQP

Differences between these videos and the one on the capcom channel are what seems to be either another special attack or a different style.

Edited by Doj

Monster Hunter X news

There will be 2 combat styles you can choose from; Guild Style and Aerial Style.

Guild Style is the default combat style which is basically what every older monster hunter has.

Aerial Style involves a fuckton of aerial combat where you just jump around a lot. Imagine Tonfas but for every weapon.

There are actually 4 hunting styles. That's kind of the theme of MHX, there is four of everything. They only seem to be showing off guild style and aerial style for now.

Apart from the guild style and aerial style, there is 1 hunting style that removes some of your weapons attacks or some of its features, but allows you to "equip" 3 special attacks instead of 2. I haven't seen any real info on what the 4th style does, apart from it apparently being a more "technical style" (whatever that means).

Oh okay, then that's bushido and striker style I've heard about.

I then assume bushido style involves a lot of fancy evasion and reposition moves as portrayed in the HBG video at the bottom of my post.

• 2 weeks later...

Monster Hunter X news

That owl can use(what appears to be) a yellow powder which inflicts a new status that reverses your controls. In order to cure this status you need to eat a bitterbug. The owl can also put you to sleep.

Mounting has been changed so that when you mount the monster, other players can hit the monster all they want, it won't knock you off(thank god). In fact, it's actually beneficial to hit the mounted monster in MHX. It makes it easier for the other player to succeed in the mount.

Also, when another player mounts the monster, a gauge is displayed under their name showing how close they are to toppling the monster.

The Aerial hunting style allows you to use monsters and other players as springboards and jump over them and allows you to attack the monster from above(this will not result in a mount, like the insect glaive's pole vault would). The drawbacks to this style are the following: the Aerial style's jumps have slightly fewer invincibility frames than a normal evade, and are a bit longer too. You can only equip 1 super skill, as opposed to the normal 2. You also lose some ground attacks, not necessarily the same attacks you would give up for the Striker style though.

Striker style is heavily focused towards super skills, and abusing them as much as you possibly can. You give up a lot of your attacks/techniques, and have the mechanics of your weapon altered in some way and are left with a simplified moveset which focuses on making you charge up your super skill gauge as fast as you possibly can. With this style, you can equip 3 super skills, instead of the usual 2.

Bushido style has not really been shown off much, but apparently, you only get one super skill when you use it, and it gives you something called a "perfect evade." Basically, if you successfully evade through a monster's attack, you will use a special move of some sort. This special move is different for each weapon.

If you don't know the monster you're fighting very well, the Bushido style is pretty much a worse guild style. Only equip this if you are confident that you can make use of the perfect evade attacks.

Edit: Lagiacrus is back, people(still no water combat, thankfully)!

Edited by aquawaffle

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kind of on the fence about it. On one hand, The idea of fighting alongside these monsters is still kind of weird to me, and that weird mega stone-ish thing doesn't really look like it belongs in Monster Hunter. On the other hand, you can ride a Diablos!

Also, thank God that felyne with the massive head isn't what all felynes look like in Stories. I was genuinely worried that they ruined the felynes.

• 6 months later...

Well, this is very old news at this point, but during the Nintendo Direct in March, Monster Hunter X was announced for a summer release in the EU and US under the name "Monster Hunter Generations".

Anyone here planning on getting it? Or are you going to wait for a G/Ultimate version?

• 3 months later...

I would like to bring this back again, I want to talk about generations

I'm really enjoying the game so far but unfortunately it doesn't have as much content as 4 ultimate, I mean they don't even have G rank but even so there are a lot of cool monsters in this one namely my new favourite monster, the majestic bubble fox wyvern itself the mizutsune, I just fought one for the first time and it was beautiful, I love the way it moves I love its sound track and I'm going to go for its armour set, should be fun~

I'm sure everyone can guess which of the new monsters is my favourite(hint: big, green, mean, electric bug-dragon thing).

Astalos looks god damn pretty and badass, especially when it's pissed and has everything on it charged up with that green electricity. And its theme is pretty badass too. Hell, I did the same thing as BlueMoonIceCream's planning with Mizutsune and made Astalos' armour first chance I got. Don't regret it one bit.

(Wish it kept its Japanese name though. Raizekusu sounds way better than Astalos)

Well I'm still working on the armour, I've probably fought it about 7 time since yesterday but it gives me little reward at the end of the mission, I've made everything but the chest piece and the switch axe which I'm determined to get as well.

The astalos is a pretty cool monster, I fought one with my friends just the other day and I can tell it would be a little difficult to solo or at least annoying, I'm not a huge fan of super aggressive monsters and it was pretty damn aggressive but I know it's one of the single player key quests so I'll get to fight it solo eventually and I should probably fix my whole lightning weakness thing before hand I don't want to get hit super hard

I didn't find Astalos hard at all. Only one of the fated 4 I had trouble with was Gammoth, then I started using Aerial Dual Blades against it and it went by so much faster. I needed to do that because one trader request has you get Trunkspine, which you get by breaking Gammoth's trunk and capturing it.

Now I'm just doing 6 star village stuff.