Monster Hunter Thread

Godot

if they've accumulated enough to trigger the negative skill then ya better get those decorations goin

been sticking with azure rathalos set since mid high-rank, probably'll keep it until g-rank which i'm close to

I need those for HP. Plus, Shagaru Magala has really terrible Dragon and Fire resistance penalties.

I'm fighting the Rath couple atm T-T

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, i recently found the rajang G set along with the furious one. Being only weak to ice and have all that resist against everything else is pretty neat ~o~ also it looks pretty damn nice! only problem is i hate rajang with a passion and farming all those horns is going to be a huge pain. TT^TT

Horns are usually pretty easy to farm, though, since critters tend to face toward you.

Tails, on the other hand. . . let's just say I'm glad I don't use hammers. GL is bad enough with the slow movement and attacks.

True in some cases, rajang is a special one, did it today and people kept leading him away from my traps!! all i wanted was dem horns. vov

rajang's a humongous motherfucker when you first fight him, learn that patience game and practice against his shit over time

pays off, i'm much better at handling him than i was before now (even though i technically haven't ever carted to him when fighting him)

Free Monster Hunter theme for 3DS coming in may

Horns are usually pretty easy to farm, though, since critters tend to face toward you.

Rajang is a different story. You have to break his head twice, but being infront of him means you're in a massive fucking danger zone. It also doesn't help that when you trip or topple him, he flays his arms around his face making it near impossible to hit unless you paralyze him, trap him or put him to sleep.

okay how is it that people cannot read the Gore Magala's tells

how many times do you have to get hit by the massive explosion to figure out that the big chargeup leads to that

Don't play with randoms

have fun spending 30+ minutes on most late high-rank/g-rank HR quests

On urgents where randoms are notoriously bad at, it's considerably faster to solo them. There's a lot more time to calculate into your time spent doing it.

>a lot of randoms just sit around like drooling retards before a quest doing I don't even know

>triple carts

Meanwhile you will also develop the ability to solo things at your skill level which is something a lot of people actually can't do. Literally everything in this game is soloable, so soloing should always be an alternative. It taking a long time is NO excuse since there is a 50 minute time limit, so you should be expecting it.

>30+ minutes

That's highly exaggerated. If you're halfway decent, you can solo HR quests in 10 minutes and G-rank quests in 20 minutes by average.

report me for being garbage

i took about 40 minutes to solo the event akantor

Even quest monsters do have a bunch more health. That akantor took me 15 or so minutes with g-rank weapons

I play a lot of hack and slashers, so I can get away from soloing a lot. bayonetta, no more heroes, Devil May Cry, and God of War are fantastic games.

Last quest I failed because I didn't stock up on cool drinks.

I play a lot of hack and slashers, so I can get away from soloing a lot. bayonetta, no more heroes, Devil May Cry, and God of War are fantastic games.

Last quest I failed because I didn't stock up on cool drinks.

MLGocmK.png

Advanced quests rotate in and out of availability.

Do another quest and check back. Repeat if it doesn't show up.

You need to fully complete the quest or expedition to properly rotate.

I have MH4U on the 3DS and have been trying to get more into it recently as I've only started. I currently use the Long Blade [bone] and plan on sticking with it because of its reach and efficiency. I may eventually try out other weapon styles though.

On my main I use Long Sword (Rathalos), but on my new SD card I use Charge Blades

Rathalos ain't so bad. Rathalos and Rathian together will make you hate yourself unless you spam Dung Bombs, though. The main thing about Rathalos is it likes to fly around out of reach of your weapons, along with a certain golden monster that shall not be named.

Unrelated: Making the Lao Shen Lung set for Partbreaker and Fencer. I also made the Dual Blades, and I think I found a new weapon to use on a regular basis.

also we should totally do CAP: MonHun Edition because they're all basically mean pokemon

CAP: MonHun would require more physical research of nature though because monster design in this game has a lot of damn thought and physical featuring put into it

hello golden rajang, let me farm you once again