Monster Hunter Thread

Godot

I have always been a Great Sword man ever since the very first Monster Hunter game. I decided to try the new weapons, and I fell in love with the Charge Blade. The only downside to it is that there seems to be a pretty large gap before it upgrades again. I'm on the 2-star quests and still am loving it, just barreling over monsters.

Note: I see all the spider webs in the one level and am NOT looking forward to the monster that made them. I have terrible arachnophobia.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been a Great Sword man ever since the very first Monster Hunter game. I decided to try the new weapons, and I fell in love with the Charge Blade. The only downside to it is that there seems to be a pretty large gap before it upgrades again. I'm on the 2-star quests and still am loving it, just barreling over monsters.

Note: I see all the spider webs in the one level and am NOT looking forward to the monster that made them. I have terrible arachnophobia.

Better get ready for what your going to fight to advance HR ~3~

I've just hit 5* village quests after killing the

Gore Magala

And I have yet to switch to a different armor set other than the first one.

I've also only used the insect glaive's first upgrade to this point

Lel

Also reminder to download the starter pack which is available up to a month after release. It has the items you need to make the Luigi and Mario Palico gear

I picked up the Luigi costume. I also just finished the 3* quests last night. I killed that urgent 4* quest and well... It wasn't difficult, just terrifying to look at XD

Hmmm, anyone think they could help me out with my urgent to advance to hr4? people don't seem to want to join my room. T^T

Am I able to help people on their single player missions?

I almost always play this game solo.

I am current half way through my 4 star.

Am I able to help people on their single player missions?

I almost always play this game solo.

I am current half way through my 4 star.

I don't think so, just on online hunts lol but i ended up getting help from a friend so now im at hr4. :>

Better get ready for what your going to fight to advance HR ~3~

It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I killed the six legged freak speedily. I thought "Alright, never have to do that again." but then I saw what I needed to upgrade my charge blade. "I have to do that again".

Most of the monsters are pretty predictable in their movement, making them easy to kill.

The higher level ones get more annoying since they poison and freeze you. Also the missions where you fight two monsters at once get pretty annoying. There are also a lot of monsters with very specific weak points as you progress.

I have been soloing the multiplayer ones atm, but to be fair, I ain't far at all.

It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I killed the six legged freak speedily. I thought "Alright, never have to do that again." but then I saw what I needed to upgrade my charge blade. "I have to do that again".

Most of the monsters are pretty predictable in their movement, making them easy to kill.

Its easy as long as you use its weakness, i took it down with 2 other people in 2-3minutes when i farmed it, i was using rathalos charge blade. ~3~

I only use the SwitchAxe. It is hard to use multiple weapons. Not because they are hard to learn, but it is too time consuming to build. Speaking of which, I need to get Flame Sacs and farm materials to trade for Barroth materials.

I also need to kill some monster I just got access to. I need ALL THE AXES!

>tfw I'm now in high rank village quests and killed Shagaru, Daimyo, Emerald Congalala and the multi Nerscylla hunt quest

>I've still yet to get a new armor set

I'm starting to get instakilled by shit like Daimyo's frontal claw swipe but it makes it so much more fun to play with this risk.

Also I've only hunted with the Insect Glaive'. I'm not sure if this thing is broken, if mounting is broken, or if the combination of the insect's glaive ability to mount and the derring armor's mounting expert armor skill is broken.

Or if I'm broken.

I'm going to keep playing like this until I get triple carted and see how far I can go.

Edited by Doj

Also I've only hunted with the Insect Glaive'. I'm not sure if this thing is broken, if mounting is broken, or if the combination of the insect's glaive ability to mount and the derring armor's mounting expert armor skill is broken.

Or if I'm broken.

I'm going to keep playing like this until I get triple carted and see how far I can go.

Nah, you're not dellusional; the Kinsect Glaive is pretty fuckin fantastic all around due to it's offense+defense buffs, healing capabilities, ease of mounting, mobility, high overall combo damage, etc. It excels in practically every department unless you're going to shout at it for not having ranged attacks other than a marker.

I've just used a bowgun for the reasons of options for different ranges and overall versatility.

I finally have a decent variety of Axes. I am currently using an Ice Shark Axe and it is pretty fantastic. I am curious how the insect Glaive combos. I am a huge combo fanatic and I might play around with the different weapons to see what they can do.

Expeditions are a wild ride, where else would you face a Kecha Wecha, Kut-Ku, Basarios and Velocidrome all in one go

beat kecha and basarios, kut-ku left (:c) and didn't bother with velocidrome

still using bowguns, have a new launcher one now which can't use Crags and has deviation but at least it does good damage and can hold up to 7 lv3 normals at once