4th Gen Shiny Topic

Amethyst

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted just to point out, that earlier I was a bit angry about all these black shinies. It was really getting annoying after seeing to many of these. Yeah, they're cool but too many of them is just annoying. I would like to see some more different colors, like gold, silver, lightblue, yellow, pink and orange. Seeing red-white-black or blue-black all the time is just getting annoying, but now that I see how many of these 4-gen pokes have more different colours and not only black and white I calmed down quite a bit.
I really like the red-white Palkia and the blue-one.
The Supersayjan Infernape is a cool idea, as same as the lake trio powerpuff girl design.
Maybe give some shinie pokemon funny gadgets for example a hat and a walking cane for Mr. Kricketune + giving him a white beard = gentleman design
Or Rainbow glitter behind Cresselia or Togekiss?
A Samurai Bidoff/Bibarel would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
The pool attendant buizel is really funny :D
Oh and maybe give Lopunny some sexy clothes? ^^

PS: I really LOOOOOVE the Shiny Electrivire, especially since it is my favourite Pokemon so a BIG THANK YOU to every person that had that idea.

Edited by Kemotatnew

@ Youngster: Someone did so in 1st gen shinies thread (heavy edit the sprite) but Amy wonder if people would accept it, since shiny is officially supposed to only has different colors.

And yeah I feel annoying about black shinies too, that's why I try to avoid do black shiny as much as possible. The two-faced purugly is exception because I think this concept is very cool.

C'thulu Giratina

LpoG0qP.pngAKXsakl.png

qQqsWcv.pnggYHprFr.png

Well this has my vote!

So um... I want to take part in all this so are there any gen4 mons that still need a shiny sprite? Or would it be better if i started with gen5 instead?

Well this has my vote!

So um... I want to take part in all this so are there any gen4 mons that still need a shiny sprite? Or would it be better if i started with gen5 instead?

I think most of them have been done. You could either try some different approaches for the gen 4 ones that still need approval, or start working on gen 5.

Made an attempt at lavender/greyish Manaphy and Phione. It's alright I guess lol, not too great though since I haven't been doing this for too long. Not sure if these have been done yet, but I checked the first post and it seems they were still available?

LL0CRI.png1ACmOB.png

TPnVpz.pngPanr8S.png

Edited by Serythe

• Developers

Made an attempt at lavender/greyish Manaphy and Phione. It's alright I guess lol, not too great though since I haven't been doing this for too long. Not sure if these have been done yet, but I checked the first post and it seems they were still available?

LL0CRI.png1ACmOB.png

TPnVpz.pngPanr8S.png

you might want to use the other backsprites to recolor the non shiny ones. The non shiny backsprites are the ones that are being used for the game

you might want to use the other backsprites to recolor the non shiny ones. The non shiny backsprites are the ones that are being used for the game

Yes, I actually noticed that when I was looking at some of the other shiny sprites done in this thread, nevertheless, thank you for the heads up! Will be redoing this later on lol.

Alright, made an attempt at the autumn Grotle and Torterra sprites! This time I also used the correct sprites, haha.

rtM0Lq.pngtzZ0NN.png

e35dET.pngK7ZBON.png

I see. How about this?

Green:

2q358pl.jpg5zjk0h.png

Blue:

2jewa6s.png4lraq1.png

I agree, both are awesome! However, I feel the blue one is still a bit too dark. The green one is cool, maybe a little less brown? Just my opinion though lol. In any case, I do like them both :)

Chatot would be cool like this IMO, or Toucan Sam

Sulphur_Crested_Cockatoo_Nov10.jpg

Attempted a chatot that looks like this lol
edit: changed some colors around and stuff. also used the wrong sprite for the first try, but here are the correct ones! lol

also. not sure how to delete those attachments, but the lighter, yellow chatots are the updated ones.
ZebAFJ.pnggaWvQh.png

post-52578-0-41886600-1423830005.jpg

post-52578-0-98357500-1423830024.jpg

I agree, both are awesome! However, I feel the blue one is still a bit too dark. The green one is cool, maybe a little less brown? Just my opinion though lol. In any case, I do like them both :)

I think you're right! Thanks for pointing that out. For better or worse, it's fun recoloring Pachirisu. =)

Green:

28vtzlh.png34ep1jo.jpg

Blue:

2poz3nd.png118fxa0.png

• Administrators
grumpycat, turtwig, bronzor, garchomp lines, ambipom accepted

(solaris won't actually be getting the shiny but we all can know who that belongs to in spirit)

i think the issue with chimchar is the blue parts don't really blend into either the silver or the yellowish, so they stand out a bit. besides that, it looks pretty good to me.

I like the black and white Skuntank, but if there's a strong preference for something else (2manyblackshinies4u??) go with it.

there's a ton of darkrai concepts floating around but i don't think we've had a clear winner between them. any crowd favorites?

@ serythe, your manaphiones got imageshack'd :c reupload?

either of the newest pachirisus are pretty good i think. we can take a favorite but in either case i think the cheek colour should be adjusted- in the top one's case to stand out more, and in the bottom one's case to stand out less.

I think the more colorful chatots a few pages back are better options, we'll probably go with those

the most recently posted bastiodon line are losing a lot of contrast in the black, plus the the shades have become darker than the outline. not sure we need the red face either.

we're almost there. list on the first page is updated.