[OOC] Gaelach Basm: The starting point

Kurotsune

EDIT: I added something regarding White Fire granting some fire and heat resistance since I thought it would make sense. let me know if it seems OP

u wot m8

It's fine, I'll add to the sign ups that all changes to already-approved profiles should be pointed out though so I can revise them, and that once the RP starts you can't edit it anymore (obviously)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kidnapped, brainwashed, and then scared to this thread by a centaur. It's been an interesting day.

I shall join your merrymaking and shenanigans shortly.

After I finish reading the OP.

Does it ever end..?

I don't know. I wrote it, and I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten to the end yet.

The amount of magical Archers is too damn HIGH!!!

This is about to be a catastrophic meltdown. Don't you guys know if too many Archers are in the same party they all explode ending the world?

A party with no tanks vs a DM that may or may not be actively trying to kill you

Teeheee

This is going to be fun for one of us

The amount of magical Archers is too damn HIGH!!!

post-51120-0-24389300-1419460489_thumb.jpg

Maybe hopefully the party split and the harsh host will cut that number down in size but who knows!

EDIT: It took me 6 minutes to make this post in that time i got ninja'd three times T_T

Edited by Rielly987

The way the parties will split, which party leader (Iain, Ailios or Asgell) will take on each objective and how they will go about this will all be decided by you guys.

And yes, these decisions affect story and chance of success.

I'll explain more when we get into the actual RP. The main topic was getting too long.

• Support Squad

Well, Dorian acts as a tank, he can increase his physical capabilities to a very high degree as well as heal himself, whilst also having access to the earth to create makeshift cover. Plus, his appearance would make him seem rather threatening, so he'd immediately get the aggro.

One of us...

One of us...

But no really, I probably should have looked at other people's powers before going "Hey, lets just make a generic power!"

It's okay to blame me for the brutal death that's coming.

I already do.

That's why you'll be last.

I want you to watch what I'll do to your friends

The part of me that's been crafting long lasting roleplay characters giggles at the character development for my gal to see all these people die in front of her.

Then the logical part is like "Da fuq, this is a casual thing. You can't just want everyone to die."

The part of me that's been crafting long lasting roleplay characters giggles at the character development for my gal to see all these people die in front of her.

Then the logical part is like "Da fuq, this is a casual thing. You can't just want everyone to die."

You tempt me far too much. I like it.

In regards to the tank thing, it was mostly meant as a joke. Think of this RP like a Fire Emblem game. You have your Marths, Ikes, Eirikas, Lins, Hectors and other "Heroic" characters, like our three party leaders. You can leave most of the fighting to them and there's a good chance they'll make do.

Except then you won't be prepared when it matters. And then you'll fall. And you'll die. And I'll laugh.

EDIT: My point was don't leave anything to my NPCs and tactics > party composition here

i dont know... In Fire emblem my favorite tactic was sending in a heavy knight to soak up hits and then respond with mages and archers... sending in swordsman was never my forte i liked thieves much better... They never got hit.

Yeah, Roland is a stealthy marksman who doesn't use magic arrows. I like the idea that just because you can make sparkles fly from your hands doesn't mean you can avoid an arrow through the eye.

Karn is good in close combat and can take a couple of hits.. At least surface ones.. Though if you think about it.. He can use his power like a short range archer too.. :P

We is gonna daaeeiiii!!!!!!!

Oh, and by the way, I intended for Mayanna to fill the role of the DHS for which ever party she gets paired in when I made her.... and her twin brother too, should I have to fall back to him through some unfortunate fiasco.

There's a reason why White Fire is so powerful in terms of healing capabilities, folks... The offensive outlets and the Bow skills were both just something the Order hastily tacked on long after they developed it because they kept getting their asses kicked because they were healers, not fighters....a tack-on which worked out incredibly well for correcting their issue...

As of now no new profiles may be posted in the sign-up threads. You will only be able to join or roll new characters once one of the three parties hits a checkpoint. At that moment, you will only be able to join the party which did.

You can, however, send me a PM with your profile if you pre-emptively want it to get approved and be ready to move as soon as possible. I will update the two main posts in the two threads with this message as well, and then I will start composing the first IC post (of the first IC thread)

Oh I have such sights to show you