Charlotte

Solarance

So, here I am again bugging everyone of the form with my stupid and idoitic questions.... Ive reached Charlotte went to the reborn PO chat.. Started a flame war... and now I have descided to migrate over here. And I really dont want to train my team.. So help me please. Thank you

If you can, get a strong, dependable rock type and someone to set up Rain to destroy the field and keep solar beam from killing it. Your Sesimitoad should work for rain, but you will likely get outsped and SolarBeamed so be extremely careful. If you lead with Gardevoir and Trick Room, then you should be completely fine. and you could probably EQ with Mamoswine to destroy most of her Pokes. Be aware of Solar Beams which will slaughter this strat. Without knowing your movesets, natures, and such, that's all I can say.

Lots of Charlotte threads, is she really that hard?

About to face Luna and hopefully start my Agate adventure today

Honestly, she's not hard. Get a rain dancer. Set that up. You could use a Water type and two Flygons to sweep her entire team.

I don't see what the big deal is. I beat Charlotte first try, without having to set up. What you do is you get something 4x weak to grass and something 2x weak to grass. The AI prioritizes on what does the most damage, so her two leads will solarbeam on the one that's 4x effective. Thats why you switch it out to say, i flying type, while you have the other pokemon use EQ. That's how i played it until the Rotom came out, but at that point it was a 2v5. It was easy. I don't know why people have so much trouble with Charlotte and not Aya. When Aya gets her new field effect, Oh my god so many threads will be posted. xD

IMO Charlotte is not easy but she's not too difficult either... once you know the strategies. She's one of those Gym Leaders which a classic counter exists - Rain Dance or Earthquake. Tbh, I found Luna a lot harder than Charlotte (Humpty Dumpty can go to hell) - but I guess people can have different opinions

For me, using Blaziken and Flygon was more than enough for me to claim the victory. I would say that you'll need a team that can take some strong fire attacks, with moves that can take her team out by being super effective. Something like a poke with some rock or ground-type moves. And of course, having them on lvl 70 or something close to that. Your Noivern and Seismitoad could do the trick, btw.

• Developers

IMO Charlotte is not easy but she's not too difficult either... once you know the strategies. She's one of those Gym Leaders which a classic counter exists - Rain Dance or Earthquake. Tbh, I found Luna a lot harder than Charlotte (Humpty Dumpty can go to hell) - but I guess people can have different opinions

Really, it depends on your team. Sometimes they might not be best suited for a particular gym battle. Which is totally fine because Ame gives us plenty of opportunities to catch/breed things to our liking. So in a way, the difficulty of Charlotte is also up to the player.

Edit:

I will also like to say that if you're going to use a rain dancer, to save it for later, because I believe Charlotte has a second Ninetales? It has drought as well.

Edited by SuperJanBro

she was a piece of cake for my gyarados but it took a lot of turns to set up dragon dance and healing in the other pokemon turn.rotom was the only threat for me,i had to set up like 3-4 DD just for him.all of her pokes are more sp defensive than physical def so bulky pokes could work too.keep attacking ninetales because that is the real deal in the beginning(confuse ray)there are a lot of choices how to beat her but the thing is to find the best strategy in the beginning.

She sorta was difficult for my team as it was, so I went back to the caves before her gym and caught a rhydon with Lightningrod which came in real handy through a glitch. At the beggining I sent out my Donphan and Rhydon (I figured her AI would have both pokemon attack one or the other and let the other go) and both knew Earthquake, well her AI singled out the donphan and I swept almost her entire team with Rhydon except her Rotom, which had levitate, however doing so left me with my Noivern, the Rotom took out my Rhydon, and we were down to Noivern vs Romtom and the moment Rotom tried to thunderbolt I thought it was over, however my fainted rhydons ability kept kicking in (Lightningrod) so her AI couldnt do anything while my noivern just kept spamming hurricane.

She sorta was difficult for my team as it was, so I went back to the caves before her gym and caught a rhydon with Lightningrod which came in real handy through a glitch. At the beggining I sent out my Donphan and Rhydon (I figured her AI would have both pokemon attack one or the other and let the other go) and both knew Earthquake, well her AI singled out the donphan and I swept almost her entire team with Rhydon except her Rotom, which had levitate, however doing so left me with my Noivern, the Rotom took out my Rhydon, and we were down to Noivern vs Romtom and the moment Rotom tried to thunderbolt I thought it was over, however my fainted rhydons ability kept kicking in (Lightningrod) so her AI couldnt do anything while my noivern just kept spamming hurricane.

You luck ass son of a bitch.