Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

• Veterans

"Not again....,wait this could be perfect,Liona use Water Pulse and Thunder Wave into the Crater!"James said seeing the crater being created to Shield the Deino.Once again a Water Pulse formed in the Dratini's mouth and was blasted into the crater,a thunder wave soon followed it into the crater trying to once again paralyze the Deino.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing his named being called, he knew it was time for his match. "Well, I guess that answers that." With that, hoping they would follow, he went of to the field ready to meet his opponent. 'Hmm, Kyle. Can't say I recognize that name. Guess this'll be interesting.' Robert made his way to the other side of the field, ready to see what he assumed would be a new face.

Edited by TurboAura

Double shoot. But then again-- "Earth Power; knock 'er into the crater with you!" At the very least we'll have our little friend in the crater with us; she can't possibly maneuver out easily, even if it were a bit shallow. With a cry, he slammed into the dirt wall, the cracks traveled up towards the Dratini as it shook, threatening to knock the Dragon type into the hole and possibly a bad fall. Another raspy cry sounded as the Deino bore the whole attack and shook with paralysis. "Sweetie, are you oka-- all right, at least the Water Pulse didn't scramble you!" Raiza said, seeing the Deino not really tottery.

((used a random number generator to determine whether confused or not))

• Veterans

After the Earth Power,Liona fell into the Hole and had a rather damaging fall.She was now face to face with the Deino who got paralyzed from the earlier attack."I think it's time to go all out,Dratini use twister to keep the Deino busy,then get out of there by using Aqua jet."A cry was the only response James got before another small tornado appeared and hurled itself toward the Deino.

"Try to get in close and take it before it gets stronger, Toothless!" Bracing himself and managing to fight off the electric shocks, the Deino charged forward and took the Twister soon enough before it got too big. The thing about twisters, Raiza thought, remembering the practice battle with the Horsea, Goomy, and Bidoof, is that they build up over time and distance; but I have to be careful. I don't think Toothless can withstand much more. Not to mention, there's that nasty static in his system now. "All right, before it can get away, chomp down with Bite and fire Dragonbreath!" Unfortunately, Toothless couldn't overcome the paralysis this time; he crumpled to the ground.

((again, I'm just gonna determine whether or not the paralysis takes effect with an RNG))

• Veterans

"Time to finish this Liona,Dragon Rage!"James shouted as Raiza's Deino crumpled to the ground due to paralysis taking full effect.A Blue orb of energy appeared in Liona's stomach and was released as a Blue and Black blast of energy shaped like a dragon,straight at the Deino.

Edited by Can't Type

The Deino glanced up at his Trainer questioningly. "If you can move, fire a Dragonbreath; if you can't, it's fine. Don't force yourself," she said, with a small, encouraging smile on her face. Toothless craned his neck and took a breath... and blasted out a yellow-purple beam of energy in a last-ditch attempt to dissipate the incoming attack and, Arceus willing, score a hit on the Dratini.

Danielle had waved happily to Claude as he came over to join them. once everyone has settled down for a seat, she addressed the ignored Slade, giggling before she gave a quick hug. "Sorry~ You know you could always just jump in. Nobody is ostracizing you." Then she turned back to address Jacob's playful remark. "Oh Jacob, I think you are giving me too much credit. These three here are doing the dazzling, especially my dear Mawile here. I will only be on the sidelines giving some pointers.

Then Alastair announced the next match. She tilted her head in confusion, as she couldn't recall hearing the name Kyle before. "Umm... Anybody know who Kyle is?" She asked sheepishly, hoping that she didn't offend anyone.

• Veterans

Just as the Dragon Rage was about to hit the Deino,a Dragonbreath was shot at it.The 2 attacks were at a stalemate for a few seconds before they exploded creating a thick cloud of dust and wet loosened ground and small rocks that rained down on the field.Seeing this James shouted out at Liona"Liona try to use Twister to blow the dust away!".

Shiro followed behind Robert and Sissy and sat next to her on the bench. Shun jumped down and sat on her knees next to her trainer. She crossed her hands and focused on the field.

"Good luck!" Shiro waved at Robert from the bench.

• Support Squad

"Umm... Anybody know who Kyle is?

Claude went bright red when Phoebe announced Claudes real name. "I'm afraid that is me. I prefer the name Claude for a variety of reasons. Anyways, I guess I'm up." Claude explained as he got up and walked over to the battlefield. He waved to Robert as he arrived and Doux appeared right alongside him. "Hiya, I'm ready to go, Doux here will be my lead." Claude said. The little puffball floated onto the battlefield, ready to fight.

'Oh, so Claude is a nickname? Well I guess I do know my opponent then. That Cottonee though... It seems to have some way to counter my entire team. Well, I guess there's one that can help me against it. Wish I could've gave Nikki a battle, but she wouldn't be able to go take so many disadvantages.' With that, he threw out Jetstream, who looked over and saw Claude and Doux.

"Hey Jet, sorry if you still feel like relaxing after the desert yesterday, but your the best option with this." Hearing that, Jet gave a prideful scoff at his trainer's statement. 'Why would he think I'd wanna relax? I took both of the opponents down with me in that battle, and am more than willing to do the same to this Fairy.' Seeing as Jet flew up in a ready stance, he put his focus to the actual battle. "If you want, take the first move."

Edited by TurboAura

• Support Squad

"Oh? Giving me the intitiative, why thank you!" Claude said with a wink. In his mind he was working himself up, prepping himself to put on a show for those watching. "Now Doux, Golden Wind! Spread your Stun spores across the battlefield with Fairy wind!" Doux began spinning as he flew around, launching flurries of golden dust across the field in an attempt to hit the nimble Jetstream.

'Okay, so he's trying to get a super effective hit while gaining a bigger Speed advantage. I would've even fallen for it if he didn't say what the combination actually does.' "Jet, use a Gust to push the Stun Spore down and back!" With that, he flew up and launched the Gust down at an angle, limiting the amount of Stun Spore that would come back in the air when the two winds hit eachother. "Now, use Supersonic." Jet launched the Supersonic straight towards Duox, watching to see how it would react.

Edited by TurboAura

• Support Squad

"Oh, smart! Push back harder whilst using Growth Doux!" Doux Blew out gales of Fairy wind, countering the Gust whilst taking in sunlight and growing ever larger, adding more force to the wind and trying to push the remaining spores towards Jetstream

So I'm not the only person who had the eyes to see the value of that... Mareek thought to himself, looking from Lana to the Skarmory as it stared at him. enough, I just need to stop thinking about it. She's right, we did fine out there. "Yeah, I guess Nemo and Java did do great out there... and speaking of which, I don't think you've actually been formally introduced to the little guy yet," he took the Orphan's ball, sending the Cubone out in a flash of bright white. Immediately it tottered and fell backwards into his arms, exhausted from the Water Pulse he had taken to the face. His eyes lingered up at his trainer lazily, barely even a speck of consciousness visible

"Here," Mareek said as he dug in his jacket pocket and took out a sitrus berry, offering it to Nemo's mouth. A bite and few seconds of chewing later and he was feeling fine again, jumping up out of the boy's hold. A curious look was in his eyes as he passed glances at Lana and Evan, holding up his club in greeting.

"Cube!" he offered cheerfully, as if his utter defeat not long ago had never even occured.

"Lana," Mareek began. "This is Nemo. Nemo, this is Lana." Nemo nodded at the girl, presuming her and his trainer to be friends. But where his attention was really drawn was the boy whom he hadn't been Introduced to.

"Cube?" he asked, gazing over at Evan.

Watching as Doux launched the second Fairy wind, it was obvious that this wasn't something that was gonna go away, but does he think the wind attacks can only counter? "Okay Jet, Gust, but like you did with the Water Gun before, straight forward." Jet let loose the gust attack, but unlike usual he went for the middle of attack, creating a path big enough to get through. "Quick, dive through it and hit Doux with Wing Attack!" With the little time the hole was open, he flew straight in and had his wings start to glow white, ready to hit Doux.

Edited by TurboAura

• Support Squad

Claude grinned. "Doux, when it lands, Mega Drain, and plant some Leech seeds!" DouX latched onto Jetstream after taking a decent amount of damage from the attack. Doux began draining the Noibat to recuperate a small amount of health whilst trying to lace the pokemon with small parasitic seeds.

Able to hit the Wing Attack successfully, Jet took a decent bit of damage from the Mega Drain, luckily resisting it on both types. The Leech Seed, however, possed it's own threat and any counter to it would give Doux another chance to set up a Golden Wind. They had to take some of the status in exchange for hits if they stood a chance of actually taking Doux down. "Jet, I need you to go in for Leech Life. Try to limit the Leech Seed if you can." With that, the Noibat simply took the Leech Seed to his legs, knowing that anywhere else would limit himself in taking down Doux, and went in for his own time to drain health.

Edited by TurboAura

• Support Squad

Even better, they had tried to close the gap further. "Perfect, now, another burst of Golden wind, use it to propel yourself away!" As Jetstream closed in, Doux rocketed away with a cloud of golden spores sent in the other direction as the wind propelled both the spores and Doux.

Fully expecting to get the hit off on Doux, Jet was instead met with another Golden wind. Not able to react fast enough, with the added cringing caused by the Leech Seed, he ran into it straight on. 'Oh great, Leech Seeded, Paralyzed, and Fairy-type damage. Is there even a way for me to take this one out? I have Cheri Berries in my bag, but he'd have to be atleast knocked out of the field for me to be allowed to, and that'd mean he's done anyway. To make matters worse, that Growth means that Claude would be able to make the situation even worse by being getting stronger and stronger.' Robert looked over to Jet, who was struggling to just stay hovering. He knew too well that the Leech Seeds now on his feet would make him fall if he even hoped to land, and the paralysis was pushing him to do so. 'H-how do I get this to work? Think Robert think!' His mind was racing, hand tightening into fist, questioning if he could have avoided what he was in.

With a brief exhale, he shifted away from his thoughts so that it wouldn't just get worse. "Okay, Jet. Try and launch whatever Gust attacks you can, okay?" With doubtful nod, Jet began to launch a Gust towards Doux, hoping that it could actually hit it's target this time.

Edited by TurboAura

Ryan couldn't help to do much of anything but stare back at Henry as he spoke. His words were actually beginning to sting. Am I really that insensitive? Am I doing this all wrong? Is my perspective completely inappropriate?

"And here's a bit of advice: some battles just aren't winnable so you may as well enjoy the time you have left before they come around."

Ryan's body instantly tensed. He knows. Y'know, you're a quality jackass to compare a simple battle like this to my inevitable, fucking death. You don't joke about that shit! Ryan began to curl up his hands into fists. Watch your fucking mouth. I know your elitist attitude makes you think you're immune to repercussions of not giving a shit what flies out of your mouth, but trust me, words hurt more than you think. Ryan unclenched his fists and his body relaxed. He gave a quick nod to Phoebe before sliding casually across the field to pick up Glacien and then casually walked off the field, not speaking a word with an expression that basically spelled out, get the hell away from me. He settled himself into edge of the crowd and began intently staring at Kage's battle.

Glacien gave Ryan a look of absolute concern when he came to retrieve him. It obviously wasn't well received because Ryan didn't even look him in the eyes. As they got back into the crowd, Glacien jumped out of Ryan's arms and gave him an attempt at a stern face. It was met by Ryan looking down at him, and then bending down to pat the Spheal on his head. He then gave Glacien a paper smile before standing back up and returning his gaze to the battle. Glacien was unimpressed but decided that perhaps he had to console him another time.

• Support Squad

Somewhat disoriented by propelling himself around, Doux was caught by Jetstreams gusts, taking heavy damage in the process. The small amount of health that Doux was receiving from his parasitic seeds helped, but he was still quite hurt. Claude could see Doux was tiring, so he wanted to get this over with quickly. "Doux, Time to shine! Unleash Glimmering Tornado!" Doux flapped the leaves on his body, stirring the air into a shimmering tornado of sparkles as the name suggested, aiming the brunt of the force at the Noibat.

Seeing the Glimmering Tornado kick up, it was obvious that it was now or never. "Jet, you need to let loose a Gust towards Doux, QUICK!" Taking all the effort it could muster, Jet let loose a Gust in the attack's direction, still getting hit by the attack full force and falling to the ground. He returned Jet, know that he wouldn't be able to get back up after that. "You did what you could, Jet. That's all that matters." With a brief sigh, his grip loosed and he looked towards the field, wondering what to do next.

Edited by TurboAura