Leaving Gyarados in the PC

CoolTrainerGary

I feel guilty. I feel very guilty. I feel guilty because others are going through this game, having to come up with legitimate strategies. Myself? I bring out Gyarados and 6-0 almost every gym leader I face. It feels good demolishing trainer after trainer, but at the same time it doesn't feel right. I've trained new members to add to my rotation in wake of Gyarados' departure, and it should grant me more of a challenge moving forward. From this point on Gyarados will rest in his retirement home.

to be honest i never liked gyarados for this spefic reason i osent feel right sweeping gym leaders wiht a single pokemon i've yet to manage this and i dont have one (and no sweeping charlotte with afly gon dosent count as its a double battle) maybe ame should nerf gyarados so the game is more of achalange since there are quite a few people that got it before it was harder and a more lenghty waight to obtain.

I only used Gyarados ONCE(!!!) in my entire Pokemon Career... and that was my Pokemon Gold playthrough back then when it was new (you know because it was the shiny from the lake)

I never really got into using Gyarados... and always reading here that it is OP doesn't really makes me use it... and in every playthrough I made so far I wrecked every Gyarados I came across with one electric attack... sooo yeah...

and paying 500P$ for a (almost useless) Magikarp ion the regular games...

and paying 5000P$ here in reborn... no thanks... (well I got it anyway before it dissappeared :P but it sits on my PC aswell)

Edited by Cepheus

I still use my Gyarados for one reason and one reason only:

I never learnt to use him properly so I end up somehow make the destroyer of worlds suck in battle... :unsure:

Basically Gyarados is op because if you can set up 2-3 DD's you've already won.

Look at that poor Gyarados look at how sad he is alone in that empty box he just wants to come out to play and kill things (many things) sigh...well i will not get rid of my Angron (the name of my Gyarados)...till i start a new game that is (since there will be no Magikarp at the beginning)

Edited by Gaunt

Gyarados feels like Castlevania SoTN's Crissaegrim. It's so ridicolous cheap and makes the game so stupidly easy to the point that it makes the game feel boring. The only difference is that while that sword is only obtainable after the halfway mark of the game, you could get Gyarados right in the beginning. That thing didn't even have to be put at a high level to evolve, for crying out loud.

As I've said, I really haven't used Gyarados past Shade. I can't remember mine ever getting Dragon Dance, besides the one in my Dark mono... where I got it only to breed it onto Scrafty.

This is because I have a genuine distaste for sweeping the game with one Pokemon- if I wanted to do that, I'd do a solo-run. Probably also why Honchkrow is the only thing on which I can ever recall taking Moxie over another ability.

Although Dragon Rage, I'll admit, was pretty handy early-game.

Gyarados isn't the only one that can sweep a gym leader, anything that can set up boosts has a series advantage over the gym leaders. The question is, how fair do you want to play? Gyarados just made it a little easier since it could survive longer

Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder + 2-3 Quiver Dances my Vivillon ate Luna for dinner and used Samson as the napkin. It also worked on Noel and to a lesser extent, Radomus.

Gyarados isn't the only one that can sweep a gym leader, anything that can set up boosts has a series advantage over the gym leaders. The question is, how fair do you want to play? Gyarados just made it a little easier since it could survive longer

Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder + 2-3 Quiver Dances my Vivillon ate Luna for dinner and used Samson as the napkin. It also worked on Noel and to a lesser extent, Radomus.

Vivilion doesn't get quiver dance till 45 and its pretty subpar till 35 when it gets bug buzz, yes a lot of pokemon can sweep heck simple calm mind swoobat can also theoretically be a good sweeper but gyrados had a combination of that, an overwhelming early game with dragon rage, moxie which meant it could sweep as soon as you got it and you literally get it at the beginning of the game which made it so broken.