Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

I think I'll let Evan run a RoG Recruiting stall

If anyone wants help from Lana, Alvin or Kristen just ask them in the IC.

Hmmm... Think I'll do that.

@Darklight, sounds good. I'll have Mareek ask Lana for help first and then perhaps Danielle can suggest a partnership like what you're thinking (Which I think might get Lana to agree to it)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm... Think I'll do that.

@Darklight, sounds good. I'll have Mareek ask Lana for help first and then perhaps Danielle can suggest a partnership like what you're thinking.

Sounds good to me!

@Bfroger: Dobby is doing facepainting~ Unless people could lick it off and not get poisoned.

• Support Squad

Sounds good to me!

@Bfroger: Dobby is doing facepainting~ Unless people could lick it off and not get poisoned.

HELL YEAH! And ain't none of you escaping it That includes Mareek, stratos

Since I'm back for the duration of the Winter Cup, can shiro help ya with the stall? I was thinking of making a food stall on my own but that ain't Shiro's style (and everybody else is doing food apparently)

Sounds great. Glad to have you aboard. (That is, if you don't take Dobby's offer.)

@Dobby: Robert's gonna be one of those avoiding the facepainting (if Shiro doesn't take that offer). But, if Shiro does join Claude... Just not before a battle...

Edited by TurboAura

Haha, Shiro is easy to force into doing something even since he wouldn't really fight much against it so it shouldn't be too difficult for Claude to get Shiro's face painted, lol.

But he's gonna work at Robert's stand, it has been decided c:

@Turbo: I'm glad to be aboard :3

So uh, yeah, Jory, if you wanna just take out Nemo... get an easy win for this first match of the fight.

or you don't want to get a win that way or just want to draw out the obviously inevitable and not take him out right now but instead a bit later. which ever you like...

I ran things through a few calculators, and the chances of OHKO from water pulse against Nemo is pretty high (Over 90% at least, which is why I didn't have him take a hit sooner; didn't want to end things too quickly.)

EDIT: and now things get interesting.

Sorry to say this again Henry, there's like on word missing that kind of throws me off in your post. Also, mind posting a clarification, once again, I'm a bit tired and am having trouble comprehending the situation. Just a simplified explanation here would be just fine.

Sorry to say this again Henry, there's like on word missing that kind of throws me off in your post. Also, mind posting a clarification, once again, I'm a bit tired and am having trouble comprehending the situation. Just a simplified explanation here would be just fine.

I'm still going to edit it for Chim's sake, but I think an explanation to this strategy would be better than just telling you what it is (this was actually something I planned on revealing in a later battle). Burrows was doing two things with that Dig. The first one was to attack with the Spinner Drill move. The second was to dig around and create a giant hole trap which your Phanpy's Bulldoze would cause the ground above to slowly weaken.

The idea of the hole is that the Phanpy would either have to go into the hole and become a flying target (easy to hit) or go around and give Zuko more time to try and strike his opponent down. The other half to this strategy is that it can be used to dodge attacks. Since it's actually not too deep, Zuko could pretty easily jump in and out of it causing option A to the Phanpy. (I would go into more detail, but I like to save a few things for when I use it for the actual Pokemon its meant for).

I'm going to move one of the later battles forward because I really want to start chapter 3 before I start to work. Normally I start next Wednesday. Normally Shiro vs Sissy was planned as the sixth battle but in case K_H or Azery don't react I can move the others more freely.

I miss a day, and couple of pages came up.

Also, I have issues with my internet connection. Currently are solved but I don't know for how long. Something goes wrong with the internet connection in my area this week.

I will try to post as soon as I can.

Btw for those that didn't realize: Your Pokémon automatically loses if it leaves the boundaries of the field / is forced out. Those that are at a disadvantage can try to push their opponents out. The only tactic I won't accept is using Confusion to automatically throw your opponent out.

Ah Jory... you forgot that Java's species floats, he has no contact with the ground at all... like ever. (Remember how he was keeping an aerial view alongside erce during the search?) It;s both in the games and the anime that the Porygon Line levitates (not like the ability, but you get what I mean...) Ergo, he isn't in contact with the Ice Field itself but is hovering above it.

That's the only reason why Mareek even ordered that Discharge like that instead of having him just lock onto Chalchi, he was taking advantage of the fact that his team member has no physical contact to the earth or the conductor that's coating it.

Tell me how earthquake still hits them,perhaps if he uses Magnet Rise on a constant basis.....

It's Gamefreak logic... don't try to make sense of it. It's not worth it, trust me.

But it's not like I'm pulling this whole "hovering" thing out of my keister, I've literally been writing Java as moving around that way since Mareek first got him on day 2 of school back in Chapter 1. And there was foreshadowing that he was anticipating this ice field tactic being used in his thoughts for this.

Tell me how earthquake still hits them,perhaps if he uses Magnet Rise on a constant basis.....

If you want some kind of logic: the energy released within the earthquake (and other ground type moves) still affect Pokémon that hover around but not have the levitate ability.

eh Fair enough,though i wonder how Java will behave as a Porygon-Z.....quite glitchy that bugger is,no?

I don't know honestly... I'm still trying to find what I want his strangeness to manifests as.

If you want some kind of logic: the energy released within the earthquake (and other ground type moves) still affect Pokémon that hover around but not have the levitate ability.

Yeah, let's just go with that for that question concerning EQ...

• Veterans

Hmm,i believe Earthquake and such type moves are a result of seismic waves.....so the seismic waves are similar to supersonic but their performed on the ground where Pokemon without levitate are barely hovering over....got it.

• Support Squad

I don't know honestly... I'm still trying to find what I want his strangeness to manifests as.

Yeah, let's just go with that for that question concerning EQ...

I imagine that in battle it'll be like ordered chaos

My apologies for the whole situation with Sharph managing to break off the Yawn in my last post, but I really needed Shiro to grow something that resembles a spine before the Winter Cup >3<

No problem here. It happened in the anime too, so I guess Shiro's words broke up the drowsiness Sharph got from Yawn.

Cool ;)

Btw, what's the effect of your Diable? Same as in the game or...?

Yeah the same. No more Bulldoze for the moment.

Does Sharph has rough skin as ability?

Edited by Tses