Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

Looks like we've got a new TX-101... personally I'll use a bit of physics, maybe chemistry, but only to the degree of the vacuum thingy argument earlier, and like how certain materials are more flammable than others and whatnot, respectively...

As long as it doesn't block attacks or is near impossible to counter, I'll give it an ok. You should be able to name at least three different unique counters for the combo in order for it to be acceptable. Counter and/or Mirror Coat does not count as a counter against it. One of the counters must be usable for almost any pokemon.

For you people who want to powerplay by using two strong moves like thunderbolt and fire blast in the same turn, I mentioned countless times (mostly in the RP) you can push your pokemon too far. Play fair and don't let the goal be to win, but create a beautiful battle.

Edit: @Antares: I have absolutely no idea why you even threw that physics equation at me. 1) It is impossible to create that much force without killing your Lucario. 2) You said a POKEMON COULD NOT REACT TO THE SITUATION. Something like that is always frowned upon.

Edited by commander218

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a Pokemon RP, it's fantasy, so that was a bit unnecessary, the Rock Lee combo is still potentially OP and would need to be well executed; no power playing. Also, if you play it with all the physics involved, then slamming into something with that level of momentum would probably damage the user depending on the target's weight

Pokemon logic is your friend in this RP

1. I don't like maths / physics so keep it to Pokémon logic like Snap said.

2. Surge already covered it but you can only do max 2 moves and leave an opening for your opponent. That Muso Renge thingy sounds like 3 moves so no BS with "the first 2 extremespeeds are 1 attack."

3. If I'm online and I see things like that (which is why I'm only allowing one battle at once after the trip) I will make posts to interfere if things get out of hand. If you see a post popping up from me to interfere you have to go with what happens there. It'll be a something like an OP attack backfiring or missing. My co-hosts have the same authority to do so.

4. Since we have some new people: Snap and Jory are still my co-hosts. They have the same authority so if they interfere I strongly advise you to listen. Ignoring them or showing no respect is the same as doing that to me.

5. I know I didn't put any rules in the first post but that doesn't mean there aren't any. I didn't bother with them because we have a lot of experienced RPers that never make any problems and know how things work. If problems like power-playing keep happening, I will put down some rules. Same thing happens when you disrespect someone but with a RP this big it results into being kicked out. I like to have this many players (partly because it's a big help with the plot) but I'm not accepting any BS.

Yay top of the page. Btw does anyone know how many pages a thread is allowed to have? We're getting close to 200...

Edited by Chimchain

• Support Squad

15 chim.

I also feel like that first point should be immortalised:

1. I don't like maths / physics so keep it to Pokémon logic like Snap said.

Finally, I felt bad for Exlink after his comment XD, causing a kerfuffle with physics, and trying to warn antares away from it.

I'll give a little physics lesson then. I understand that a Lucario cannot move a Probopass by crashing with Extremespeed. The Lucario would have to have enough momentum to make your opponent fly away. By "fly", I mean like maybe 20-25 mph.

P(Momentum) = Mass x Velocity. A Lucario weighs about 120 lbs. and I'll assume it's going at maybe 20-25 mph, not under Extremespeed. The Lucario's momentum would equal anywhere from 2400 to 3000 lbs. That momentum goes into an elastic collision, where the two objects don't stick.

Mass1xVelocity1 (Lucario) + Mass2xVelocity2 (target) must = Mass1xVelocity1 + Mass2xVelocity2 afterwards. It also depends on said Pokemon getting hit. Lighter Pokemon will go faster, and larger Pokemon will go slower. We can also assume the Pokemon getting hit by this move is moving at 0 mph because it couldn't react in time. The Lucario's force would multiply greatly in which case.

Sorry if I made your brain hurt from math.

I made that first comment because of this. It's not pointed at EXLink who tried to use science. I don't mind people using it but something like this is going overboard. A good example that is allowed is Mareek's use of Vacuum Wave. If people keep it at that level I don't see any problems.

The thing I just quoted is going overboard. If I say something about it now Antares can come up with something else that won't cause any trouble when he finally joins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xkLvFTB6_8 I'm shooting for a nerfed version of this. I'd like to see how many sequences, not singular, attacks they see in here. I see 3, but Chim's and Surge's logic might say 4-6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMrCxE3_rws If the first one doesn't fly with Chim, Surge or anyone if I cannot nerf it enough, this will be a sort of substitution. I only see 2 sequences of hits here. If you say three, I'd like to hear why you think so.

• Support Squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xkLvFTB6_8 I'm shooting for a nerfed version of this. I'd like to see how many sequences, not singular, attacks they see in here. I see 3, but Chim's and Surge's logic might say 4-6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMrCxE3_rws If the first one doesn't fly with Chim, Surge or anyone if I cannot nerf it enough, this will be a sort of substitution. I only see 2 sequences of hits here. If you say three, I'd like to hear why you think so.

It's the fact that it's a sequenxe that no one can escape that makes it bad, not the nuber of sequences. That's way too complicated. When chim says two moves, it's more like combining fairy wind and leech seed to spread more seeds to hit better. a better comparison would be one of the riolus now using bullet punch and force palm, where bullet punch increases the amount of f palms they successfully get off and gives a moderate boost to power. what you're suggesting is a finisher move that would be infeasible in a battle and god modes.

I don't think a single one of those combos is gonna fly. It's still up to the target how effective those moves are. While there are only a few sequences in each of those, there are many, many, strikes in there. And once again, it is up to the player how well or how many of them actually hit, so pulling off a full combo like that will be almost impossible. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'll have to be at the same level as the rest of us. No superiority here sir :]

• Support Squad

No superiority here sir :]

Well, I think it's safe to say that in terms of Fabulosity, Claude is superior, with Ryan rivaling him when maintaining his Rainbow form: Gay Masquerade as I have dubbed it

I don't think a single one of those combos is gonna fly. It's still up to the target how effective those moves are. While there are only a few sequences in each of those, there are many, many, strikes in there. And once again, it is up to the player how well or how many of them actually hit, so pulling off a full combo like that will be impossible. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'll have to be at the same level as the rest of us. No superiority here sir :]

Fixed that for you.

It's still power-playing if you say every one of your attacks hit.

• Support Squad

It's strangely like chess, in that you must force your opponent into a situation where they can't easily say no to letting the attack through. Again, I refer to the Fairy Wind Leech combo. If I just used L seed, it could easily be said to have dodged, providing some fair use of a spinner which I will link is used. but with the wind, I logically remove that chance to force it to be accurate. However, the opponent can still counter it, perhaps by burning or propelling the seeds elsewhere.

http://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=done&c2=not&c3=n&c4=f&c5=yyy&c6=y&c7=y&c8=8&c9=9&c10=9&c11=&c12=&t=done&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=166&y=11

That should be a fair use Wheel that can be edited as necessary for deciding if chances such as burn/para actually hits.

Okay, counter time then. I'll list three easy counters to the Muso Renge.

1. Typing. A Ghost type will shut down the combo entirely, a Psychic, Fairy, Bug, or Poison will weaken it.

2. Timing. The Pokemon using it will not be invisible, and it would also depend on the target's perceptive ability. If the target is anything with esper/aura abilities, it could use split second timing to seek an opening to slip out or counteract.

3. Endurance. The move cannot be used repeatedly. After once, the Pokemon will be short of breath for exerting that much force. Twice and the Pokemon would be on it's knees panting and probably sore. If the target Pokemon is resilient enough, it can tire the user, or the target can use Protect to block. (Any Pokemon can learn Protect).

I don't see any suggestions or help either on how to nerf this combo to meet guidelines. All I hear is "powerplaying" and "near god-modding". I would apperciate any help. This combo involves Close Combat and Extremespeed. CC is itself a combo but it's one attack in a rapid assault.

Anywho, peace out, I'm welcome to suggestions.

Edited by Antares

1. Typing. A Ghost type will shut down the combo entirely, a Psychic, Fairy, Bug, or Poison will weaken it.

2. Timing. The Pokemon using it will not be invisible, and it would also depend on the target's perceptive ability. If the target is anything with esper/aura abilities, it could use split second timing to seek an opening to slip out or counteract.

3. Endurance. The move cannot be used repeatedly. After once, the Pokemon will be short of breath for exerting that much force. Twice and the Pokemon would be on it's knees panting and probably sore. If the target Pokemon is resilient enough, it can tire the user, or the target can use Protect to block. (Any Pokemon can learn Protect).

I don't see any suggestions or help either on how to nerf this combo to meet guidelines. All I hear is "powerplaying" and "near god-modding". I would apperciate any help. This combo involves Close Combat and Extremespeed. CC is itself a combo but it's one attack in a rapid assault.

The counters are too depend on circumstances. Not everyone has a ghost type or you can easily avoid it be sending out that Lucario / Riolu against any other type. Same for the second one as not every Pokémon has aura abilities, which yet again, you can avoid by not sending your Pokémon out against one that could. Number 3 would mean 1 hit and your Pokémon is down. If you want a drawback like that I'm not going to stop you, but if your Pokémon takes an attack after that I'm calling the battle and let it faint. Personally I think neither player would be satisfied with an outcome like that.

The suggestions were to leave openings for your opponent to avoid it or counter back without them being a specific type or have aura abilities.

How about you take the experienced members of this roleplay as well as specifically the host's suggestions instead of trying to argue it. You're not always gonna get your way man. It's something you just have to deal with.

Alright then, Here let me go ask Google for a hand, soldier.

Here, a little something to Explain Power-Playing

Yes, Soldier, There Truly IS MORE! and it's Something to explain Godmodding

But wait Soldier, I wasn't done with just those two! yes, there's even MORE!

Suggested Reading:

How to conduct oneself around here

It's strangely like chess, in that you must force your opponent into a situation where they can't easily say no to letting the attack through. Again, I refer to the Fairy Wind Leech combo. If I just used L seed, it could easily be said to have dodged, providing some fair use of a spinner which I will link is used. but with the wind, I logically remove that chance to force it to be accurate. However, the opponent can still counter it, perhaps by burning or propelling the seeds elsewhere.

http://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=done&c2=not&c3=n&c4=f&c5=yyy&c6=y&c7=y&c8=8&c9=9&c10=9&c11=&c12=&t=done&col=&time=5&width=&cols=&tcol=&x=166&y=11

That should be a fair use Wheel that can be edited as necessary for deciding if chances such as burn/para actually hits.

I'm planning on doing something similar with Gypsy at some point. Personally, I design my combos more for visuals than actual effectiveness. One idea I had to counter 101's Sonicboom is to have Drilburr use Metal Claw on the ground preventing him from being flung back (totally did not get that idea from Star Wars)

@Turbo: I feel so sorry for you because now there are three Lucarios. That's exactly why I tried aiming for overlooked pokemon like Venomoth. Speaking of choices, anyone here aiming to get a Manectric. If not, I switching one of my choices for him because it's my favorite electric type.

I understand power playing and god-modding already, but it seems like this word has lost meaning around here. If I'm asking way too much from the mods, then I apologize and I'll drop the suggestion completely.

I'm trying to respect y'all to the best degree I can when posting, but I'm getting no feedback to actually modding the combo itself, other than guidelines.

I'm sorry I'm trying to be creative but countering a move in the anime just can't happen every single time. A Hyper Beam can't just be absorbed nor can a Body Slam be reversed all the time.. I hope everyone (including myself) sees reason and we'll all congregate as a happy group of RP'ers for chapter 3

I'm planning on doing something similar with Gypsy at some point. Personally, I design my combos more for visuals than actual effectiveness. One idea I had to counter 101's Sonicboom is to have Drilburr use Metal Claw on the ground preventing him from being flung back (totally did not get that idea from Star Wars)

@Turbo: I feel so sorry for you because now there are three Lucarios. That's exactly why I tried aiming for overlooked pokemon like Venomoth. Speaking of choices, anyone here aiming to get a Manectric. If not, I switching one of my choices for him because it's my favorite electric type.

Very good 'counter idea. Also, I guess three trainers having Lucarios is all fine. What I really want to know is whether I should keep a planned Froakie catch, or just leave Slade's the lone Froakie and get either a Palpitoad/Seismitoad or Buizel/Floatzel. I mean, I know 'species clause doesn't exist,' but I COULD be more original with it. Either way, it wouldn't be for awhile.

@KingMurdoc: Hah, Physics. Of course, your absolutely right. Prime Example: The Ice moves SE on Water types is Freeze Dry.

Edited by TurboAura

I understand power playing and god-modding already, but it seems like this word has lost meaning around here. If I'm asking way too much from the mods, then I apologize and I'll drop the suggestion completely.

I'm trying to respect y'all to the best degree I can when posting, but I'm getting no feedback to actually modding the combo itself, other than guidelines.

I'm sorry I'm trying to be creative but countering a move in the anime just can't happen every single time. A Hyper Beam can't just be absorbed nor can a Body Slam be reversed all the time.. I hope everyone (including myself) sees reason and we'll all congregate as a happy group of RP'ers for chapter 3

the guidelines ARE feedback. Your insistence on pushing for things that the host has already given a flat no on is rather worrying.

• Support Squad

There's no feedback for modding it because the idea should just be dropped. Furthermore, it's not like everyone will be dodging all the damn time, it's that you are doing things in a way that suggests the opponent CANNOT win against it.

Funny you post that word because from my point of view you are trying to get your way without listening to what we say. (And I'm not the only one)

First of all: we won't make your combo's. You seem to really want an Extremespeed / Close Combat combo and while that can work you left no openings. We told you there is no way in hell someone will take 3 (yes I still say it's 3) attacks head on and probably lose the battle in one turn. Tone it down.

This isn't the anime. While that logic does apply I won't allow guaranteed OP hits. 1 hit KO's aren't allowed either. The only reason you can have a hit like that is if your opponent allows you to. Those moves usually happen at the end to finish the battle and only if both players agree.

Example: Evan (my pc) vs Mareek (Surge). Both their teams are neutral against each other. Let's say I put them against each other and it turns out Vaporeon vs Scyther. I know Surge is a good RPer so he won't go overboard. After the battle keeps going and my Vaporeon is at the losing end because he cornered me without being OP. I can decide to let Scyther have the victory and let Vaporeon be hit full power.

Result: -> I can use this for character development.

In your case (this is the image you give me): Your Riolu / Lucario will do something like this: Extremespeed hits and Vaporeon is sent flying, Lucario uses extremespeed to get behind Vaporeon to hit it again in the air, after that Lucario jumps up for a Close Combat and smacks Vaporeon into the ground knocking it out.

Result: I had no say in what happened to my Vaporeon -> I feel this fight was unfair -> I get pissed -> I don't feel like being involved in this RP for now. (In this case I'm the host so it won't work on me.)

I still will take Chim's idea of the risk over reward principle. I wasn't even gonna use this move in chapter 3. I stated it several times before.

Let's just end our bickering. It was a good idea in the beginning and eventually all of us tore it apart, ate it, and shat it out. I seem to be misinterpreting everyone and everyone seems to be misinterpreting me.

Please no more on the subject. I won't drag it through the dirt again if no one else does.

Edited by Antares