[IC] TotMV:G2: The Suites (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

Kyle drops his arm as he scratches the back of his head.

"Okay, I know this looks bad but I kind of know what it is and what it does.

The injection site's veins have been colored a sickly black by the concoction.

"It's the stuff Mar is brewing. I recognised the smell as what my wife gave me to make me more... effective. So I just figured we could use every advantage we could get and kind of... shot up with it."

Kyle's muscles conspicuously twitch as the stuff spreads. And they don't do so in a way that inspires confidence.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You're... talking about the same wife that shot you in the back? You... this seems sketchy to me, it seems very sketchy... I don't like intruding like this, Kyle, but the fact that you did this in secret means that you know something's up with it, too. What's going on?"

"I very, very much hope this isn't something that would dull your judgements." And there isn't a hint of a joke in LOTUS' voice at that.

Kyle looks away.

"I can control it. It just kind of gets out when I'm a little pressured."

Kyle makes a vague gesture. The fact that one hand moves faster than the other is rather unnerving given the context of this conversation.

"And besides, if we're going to be fighting things that eat entire realities then we need every advantage we can get, even if it's from Her."

Kyle twitches.

"What do you mean it gets out? Have you injected something moving into your veins? Don't bullshit me. Don't give me excuses, tell me exactly what that is in your veins. This had better not be something dangerous. I'm beginning to get wary that you'll end up harming, or killing, one of your teammates. I've seen it happen before, I have seen on MORE than one occasion lack of judgement get people killed, and not just the ones being stupid, and in my eyes you've rapidly been reaching the point of those people I've seen who have caused that to happen. This was funny at first but I'm beginning to lose my patience."

"LOTUS! Alright, Kyle, look... I've been getting concerned, myself, but not for that, but because I really really don't like to see people suffer. And it looks to me like you're suffering, and now it looks like this definitely isn't helping. You can't keep this up, Kyle..."

"Listen here you fucking toaster! ... Please stop yelling. It's making very upset and I'm already concerned for the people back where I'm from. I know I won't hurt anyone other than myself doing this okay? Even if the way somethings work changes between worlds, I know that I don't. I can handle this."

Kyle grimaces slightly as the blackened veins reach his shoulder. He takes a breath before going to grab his shirt from the spot he left it.

"I'll keep it down if I can help it."

4 hours ago, Adamance Ascendant said:

Mitsurugi nods. "Is that strange? You're nearly as tall as I am; you must tower over your compatriots." She supposed the fairies of this world could be different. It was odd that she hadn't seen any, but only passingly; this was a castle, and as nature spirits they might simply not appear here. "Who is in that room?"

Empi looks surprised, blinking.

"Tall? I'm short for a fairy! What kind of fairies have you been talking to?!"

"That last part was about the noise. Not some kind of euphamism for like, turning into a rage monster that gets off on the death and destruction he causes with childish glee. Uh... I don't do. At all. As for the Syringe... I didn't really want to think about it. You'll have to ask the Ork, it's his stuff I got it from. I just knew from the smell and looks what it was since She didn't really explain it too me. Or give me a choice... It kiiind of suuuucked."

Kyle ends off quietly.

"It uh... um... Er... It turns you into a human fountain of rage that is partially bullet proof, has higher reaction times, and is generally better at all nessesary parts of combat for a little while when you get angry. Just uh, just a little fountain of rage. Like the ones for your desk you know?"

In a surprise that no one didn't expect, Kyle isn't exactly convincing of it not being a possible health hazard to someone. But that's what he's getting paid for right?

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

No end to the loud noises. Snow wondered if these people were trying to test her patience or if they were just stupid. Knowin' most people... it was the later for sure. She sighed heavily, a gout of frosty breath freeing once more from her winged great helm. She stood up, and walked over to the door.

She opened it to find quite a few new faces. "Great... more of them. As if the ones I already had to deal with weren't bad enough." the thought passed through her mind causing yet another gout of frost to exit her helmet. "Going to keep having a party outside my door all day or? I don't mind, I'd only like an idea of whether I'll actually be able to meditate in peace or not.

"The fairies I know are never larger than a girl of about twelve years." Except that freak from hell, she added mentally. 

This woman was strange. She felt different from the others. Familiar. . . yet different. Almost like a miko but at the same time definitely not. Mitsurugi bowed her head slightly. "I apologize once again; I was trying to move on and find a place to meditate myself."  

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

Snow looked up and down inspecting the new arrival. Well... new to her anyway. A woman, dark hair... unnaturally golden eyes. Something not typcial in the human form she had. Snow new of none in Graterras that had eyes of a metalliac shade. It was typically a bad omen depending on the metal. Gold was one that was... hard to tell. It was a metal that was hihgly associated with beauty and fortune. But it also could bring signs of greed, over-consumption. Those with golden eyes, Luck. They were the bearers of the burden that was luck. One never knew what they were going to get when it came to those with golden eyes. There was also a feeling nagging at the back of her head. It was a strange... she swore she felt something, looking at this woman, but nothing she could really put her finger on. She wasn't really entirely sure what was happening but the anchor in her soul to Aelia rang. It was a soft, like it was an acknowledgement of something, wind chimes saying that a wind had blown. What the anchor was acknowledging though, she had no idea.

In the mind of Mitsurugi.

A gust of wind. a crack of thunder. Ice. A floodgate broke within the mind of the goddess. She could feel a presence pierce it's way within, though it wasn't hostile in the slightest. Among the feelings that rushed in, the concepts and emotions the presence invoked, was one of a matronly nature. A presence much more vast, and much older than Mitsurugi herself could even process was here. The mother of storms. A spirit that was a kindred one even if not exactly the same. She saw the disasters, storms of mighty wind, winter's power... crashing thunder. The feeling was weak, but it was a message. Mitsurugi could tell where it was emanating from. It wasn't the armoured woman that was standing before her. But, a being behind her. A vast distance could be felt. One, that traversed planes of existence. It was impossible for this to be anything less than the work of a god.

She felt an acknowledgement. One of approval to some degree. A windchime sounded in her mind. Graceful. Serene. Then a voice. It sounded, a gentle breeze on a dreary winter morning. Tired, but, cheerful. Like one's mother at the end of a long day of work. "What a cute little goddess.~" the voice said. Mitsurugi could hear an innocent chuckle. She could almost imagine the face of a mother figure looking at a small child. Smiling, slight, but radiant. It felt warm now. The ice from the images of winter disappearing. "I do not know your name. But, I am Aelia. I am the mother of storms. The mind that glistens in the snow. What is before you, is my champion. Her name, is Snow Ashford. I hope that you treat her with as much respect as you would if it was me there myself. I'm afriad however, I must be brief. My connection to Snow is weak. She is far from me. And far from her home of Graterras. I must conserve my powers if need be to draw her home. If you tell her your name, I shall learn it myself. Take care, little goddess.~"

Back to Snow.

"Well, a majority of all the rooms are in a state of disrepair at this time. Most don't have a place that would be comfortable for such. There is still a few beds in this one. However, if you stop here... be quiet. I need the rest, so it'd be much appreciated. At the very least... keep the energy within the room as low as possible. All this excitedness makes it... impossible to rest my mind."

"I. . . see." So this Snow was the avatar of a god named Aelia from another world. No, not avatar, the distinction was different. A servant of hers, raised high. "I should introduce myself before intruding upon your privacy. I am Saigai Mitsurugi, a goddess of storms and natural disaster in my . . ." She trailed off for a moment. "Her world" was no longer something that existed outside her own mind. The only thing that remained of it was her spirit and the blade she carried. Unless there were others that had survived somehow, cast about a greater universe they hadn't known of. The immortals that couldn't be destroyed, the one who already lived in a space outside reality. . . "It is good to meet you, Snow Ashford. Would you mind if I shared this space with you?"

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

"Sorry? What was that? Couldn't hear that over you screaming like a little girl upon the sight of me." Snow said, cocking her head in Kyle's direction. She then looked back to the woman in front of her as she heard her speaking.

A goddess huh? SO that ring was Aelia. Sticking her nose in things. Though, Snow supposed it was technically not against the rules for Aelia to converse with another divine being. It only was for her to do it with mortals. Further evidence, the woman used her name without Snow telling it to her. So, Aelia definitely did. Woman... don't just be giving people's names out to just anybody...

"I said as much already. Just keep it down and I don't mind it. As your intent is to meditate... I'm sure it'll be fine." if she still had a body... she'd be lucky to have a helmet on right then. Her eyebrow definitely would've twitched. She wasn't fond of the idea, but... Aelia sorta made this inevitable. Not sure... why she always had to try and get people to talk to her... Snow just pushed it to the back of her mind. She gestured inward and walked back towards the bed she had been on prior.

Mitsurugi turns her head toward Kyle for a moment. "Quiet, child." She then accepted Snow's invitation, heading into the room. "Thank you." She selected a pillow or three to substitute for a mat, and set herself up near the back of the room, almost but not quite leaning against the wall as she sat down crosslegged with her hands in her lap. 

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

Snow sighed. "Welp, this one can't take an obvious joke. Noted. I hope this isn't an indication of anything more serious. Sensitive ones tend to have reasons for that."

"Look, it was a joke. No disrespect was meant. I know my attitude probably hasn't endeared me to any of you here, but I assure you, disrespect is not my goal. We're both standing here. That is proof to some degree you're worthy of standing there. I'd hope you aren't some cosmic joke by the universe to get back at me for both our sakes cause that'd be much worse on your side of the bargain. I'd hope it not pick one over their head into this. That's a fate I've seen too many times. You, me... and the rest of us here... will only see it more if we fight amoungst ourselves. We are the last bastion that stands between... whatever the entity is that we fight and the people who can't defend themselves. I'm sure there's someone out there you care deeply about. If not, well many here do have those people. It's worth our sacrifices here to protect them. I've done it before. I've saved the world I lived on from something like this. This isn't something we can face fractured. So, I apologize if you took this as a slight. It wasn't my intention. I would shake your hand to confirm, however, the magic that surrounds my body makes it an impossible gesture."

Snow unfastened the gauntlet from her armour, making sure it wouldn't fall from her hand. And she then pulled it away. The fingers only went limp, it only stopped articulating like a hand once she moved it away from her arm. Inside the armour, was nothing. A thin and hissing mist released from it. It was a cold that was freezing the very air it was touching. The room temperature notably dropped though maybe only a degree or three. She quickly resealed it. "I'd rather not cause you bodily harm in a gesture meant in good will. So I must reveal my nature to you. So, on my word, as The Lady Ashford, I meant no disrespect. I am well aware you have been chosen to be here. I hope to see why in the coming battles. After all, if you can take a wound to the gut as well as you did... you're quite the resilient one. A human in my time, my world... without healing magic. They'd have died from that. Maybe not the kind of special I'll ever get along with, but you are a special and remarkable warrior in your own right. I will always have respect for those you fight to protect others."

"It's cool homes, I was joking too. It's a meme from where I'm from... probably shouldn't have expected you to get it."

Kyle shrugs.

"Anyway, if you don't mind me asking. What the fuck is wrong with you girl? You like one of them dank ass ice elemental thingies you see in vidya games and shit?"

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure what this... vidya game is, but I do know what an elemental is. I'm not one of them. You're question would be highly correct in that case if I were an ice elemental. Their minds are frozen and they don't have the ability to process sane thought. Most can't even move. Prisoners of their own minds. It's a sad existence, one that can't be helped. One can only hope they have enough power to keep thier minds from entirely freezing over." Snow moved her hand around a lot, making sure it was articulating properly. Sometimes her soul wouldn't properly animate it when placing it back into place. It was fidgety at times, the field that determined what her body was. 

"My soul rather, is attached to this armour. I was once a living being, a human such as you. However, that was millennia ago. In life my deeds lead to the goddess Aelia, Mother of the Winds, Storms, and Mistress of the Mind, taking me as her champion. In such my soul has been affixed to this artifical body, extending my lifespan much further than a human's. Such, that I am no longer one. There's no real word for the entity I am. My fellows and I are referred to as mortals of Graterras as Divine Knights. We are the ones that serve as the arm of the gods in the Prime Material plane of existence. The ice you see, is merely a manifestation of my soul. Magic born from the immense power. There's a season you humans refer to as Winter. I am that season given once flesh, but now, a body of blessed silver."

"... So can we like, stick a rocket launcher on you? Maybe like give you a machine gun for a hand? I mean, if you're possessing the armor then and can take off bits, surely we can modify them right?"

Kyle says, already thinking of the possibilities.

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

"Not that I know what any of those things are, but no. There's bounding limits. Firstly, my body can only be around the size of what it was in a prior life. Anything out of size range wouldn't properly animate. This would slow down my ability to function and most certainly make it harder for me to fight properly. Further, any foreign objects would at first be fine but they would cause extreme strain on my form. They would cause a rejection event. I don't know the extent of that but... I do know that it's not good. In living beings, body parts that aren't attuned to them die faster, if not outright causing an overload of their soul. That'll kill you."

Snow adjusted her stance, she wasn't sure to think of this one. He was...odd. "I've never had it happen since I try to avoid dying more than necessary, it's rather unpleasant. However, my soul isn't as well insulated as a mortal's is. Therefore if my soul overloaded... it'd probably kill more than just myself. I'd eventually recover from it, but I doubt many of you would. The power within a soul, especially one as old as mine is immense. The long story short, I'm not possessing the armour, the armour is literally my body. Any modification to it with foreign objects, would be... catastrophic."