Have fun with this

SilverAngelus

So I've been searching for new team members for my new run for Episode 17, and I know I made a post about a team I thought of, but then earlier I saw this other player who asked if others could design him a team. Well, after some frustrating moments, I thought I'd just do the same. So here I am.

Design a team for the upcoming Episode 17 for Reborn for me to befriend!

I only ask that you follow these guidelines:

-No repeating of types

-include a fire type, flying type, water type, psychic type, and dragon type (you can mix these types if you want, like fire/dragon, etc.)

-include a Pokemon capable of Mega evolution (I prefer Absol to be honest)

-no legends

Have fun ^_^

Edited by SilverHelio

Lemme give it a try... @SilverHelio

AND BRING THE HEAT!

Sunny Day team!

Charizard (Mega Charizardite Y) [Fire/Flying] (Drought)

Solrock [Psychic/Rock] 

Sawsbuck [Grass/Normal] (Chlorophyll)

Vaporeon [Water] (Special wall-Wish passer)

Forretress [Bug/Steel] (Rapid Spinner-Stealth Rock setter-Physical wall)

Flygon [Dragon/Ground] (With Swords Dance in Gen VII)

Lemme know if you want me to provide items/movesets/EV spreads/natures as well. This was just a first thought of mine!

Edited by Jess

Gardevoir (psychic Fairy. Mega potential)

Magnezone (steel electric)

Flygon (dragon Ground)

Chandelure (Fire Ghost)

Crobat (Poison Flying)

Absol (Pure Dark, Second Mega Potential)

so, we got the 2 forum champs, we got all types you requested, we got the Absol. All the team's missing is your approval

On 10/14/2017 at 5:10 PM, Youmu9 said:

I'll give a try.

Absol

Salamence

Camerupt

Swampert(my fav)

Gardevoir(obvious)

Slaking 

I hope you like this team.

I prefer fire starter types. That means no Swampert. :3 (Sorry Swampert) That also means no Camerupt. (Sorry Camerupt) And is Salamence even available for the game yet?

On 10/14/2017 at 5:39 PM, Jess said:

Lemme give it a try... @SilverHelio

AND BRING THE HEAT!

Sunny Day team!

Solrock [Psychic/Rock] 

Flygon [Dragon/Ground] (With Swords ance in Gen VII)

Lemme know if you want me to provide items/movesets/EV spreads/natures as well. This was just a first thought of mine!

If it's a sunny day team, why would Vaporeon be a match? And I don't on including Flygon in the team since I already included Flygon in my first team. Galequista the Flygon. :)

23 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Gardevoir (psychic Fairy. Mega potential)

Magnezone (steel electric)

Flygon (dragon Ground)

Chandelure (Fire Ghost)

Crobat (Poison Flying)

Absol (Pure Dark, Second Mega Potential)

so, we got the 2 forum champs, we got all types you requested, we got the Absol. All the team's missing is your approval

Wow, you dove straight to the OU Pokemon. Nice job. :3 

As I mentioned to Jess, I already included Flygon in my first team and I don't want repeats. I have been considering Gardevoir and Chandelure for the team though.

Anyways, thanks for the help you guys.  I appreciate it. ~ ^_^ 

Just now, SilverHelio said:

If it's a sunny day team, why would Vaporeon be a match? And I don't on including Flygon in the team since I already included Flygon in my first team. Galequista the Flygon. :)

Vaporeon is actually quite good in Sun teams just because it can Baton Pass Wishes and extremely high HP Substitutes to others. In Sun teams, Pokemon tend to use recoil moves like Flare Blitz or Double Edge. A Vaporeon can revitalize such a member. Sawsbuck is one of those. Also, imagine someone trying to use Thunderbolt or Energy Ball against Vaporeon as it Baton Passes Substitute to Sawsbuck. Sawsbuck resists both those moves. So? A free Substitute (unbroken) and a Wish coming as well. Add maybe a Toxic to that, or an Ice Beam to hit the dangerous (to Sun teams) dragons hard and poof! There you go.

Vaporeon IS great in Sun teams. A Sun team isn't only Fire types and Chlorophyll users.

12 hours ago, SilverHelio said:

You make a valid point Herenya. Sorry if I doubted you in any way. 

Oh, it is fine! I like supporting my opinion with arguments! When it comes to Flygon, why not replace Flygon with Haxorus? I think the team could still work similarly, just miss the STAB Earthquake. But you can get Bulldoze, Dragon Dance, Outrage/Dragon Claw and also Taunt, which can be quite useful in Reborn sometimes (looking at you Luna with your Umbreon).

Or, if you prefer, get a Dragalge. Another bulky Sp. Defensive 'mon, that can't be Poisoned too. Adaptability boosted Dragon Pulse and Sludge Wave hurt (A LOT) and Acid Armor can boost its Defense too, creating an impenetrable wall. Get that to set up Toxic Spikes, and let Forretress have Rapid Spin, Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock and Spikes/Protect.

Wear down the enemy team with your bulk and use the devastating Mega Charizard Y (Drought)-Sawsbuck (Chlorophyll) combo to sweep later.

Hope I helped. :) 

My final suggestion then, would be

Solrock [Psychic/Rock] 

Dragalge [Dragon/Poison]/Haxorus [Dragon]

11 hours ago, Jess said:

Oh, it is fine! I like supporting my opinion with arguments! When it comes to Flygon, why not replace Flygon with Haxorus? I think the team could still work similarly, just miss the STAB Earthquake. But you can get Bulldoze, Dragon Dance, Outrage/Dragon Claw and also Taunt, which can be quite useful in Reborn sometimes (looking at you Luna with your Umbreon).

7 hours ago, Dream said:

Blaziken speed boost (mega)

Milotic marvel scale (flame orb)

Magnezone sturdy (air balloon)

Scyther technician (eviolite)

Haxorus mold breaker (muscle band/life orb)

Espeon magic bounce (wise glasses/life orb)

I need to Axew something. Is Axew available only from the mystery egg event?

Just now, SilverHelio said:

I need to Axew something. Is Axew available only from the mystery egg event?

Sadly, yes... But you can get one traded to you and pretend that mystery Egg gave you Axew xD

I'd not consider it cheating, as long as you'd not use any other Pokemon only obtainable by Mystery Egg.

Mega Steelix - absurd physical bulk, Gyro Ball, and access to Curse lets you cheese more wins than you really should be able to. Good matchups against Titania, Hardy to some extent, and Saphira to some extent.

Feraligatr - Has a positive matchup against every remaining leader. Good bulk, Dragon Dance, Sheer Force.

Arcanine - Good all-around stats, Intimidate, and a very diverse movepool both offensively and defensively. A solid choice for any team. Should be effective against Titania.

Alakazam - Man, so many people overrate Gardevoir. Alakazam has a slightly worse movepool, but isn't much frailer and hits a hell of a lot harder and faster. Not particularly effective against the remaining leaders, though Hardy's team is likely to have low overall Special Defense even in the Sand, so it should put in work there.

Archeops - Step 1: click Rock Slide. Step 2: there is no second step. Unfortunately has no good matchups incoming, but it invalidates so many battles charlotte it's not even funny.

Hydreigon - Not technically obtainable, but you can ask for someone to trade you the final Dark Matter and then give them a bred Deino back. If you want a more "legitimate" pick, try Goodra or Dragalge. Good matchups against Amaria and 50/50 against Saphira.

Edited by Seel The Deal

I'll give a suggestion for a potential team. I hope you enjoy my suggestions:

Spoiler

Delphox

Since you said you prefer fire starters, I'll say Delphox. Blaziken is too good, and where's the fun in just spamming Bulk Up to win? Delphox has pretty good speed, as well as access to Flamethrower and Psychic via level up. It can wreck teams with enough strategy.

Noivern

I'm biased with this one, but I love this guy! Excellent speed combined with good Special Attack means maximum destruction! You may want to wait a bit on this one, as Noibat is baggage, but the wait is definitely worth it!

Lycanroc Midday

With generation 7 coming out, why not add a couple new generation Pokemon? Midday Lycanroc hits hard. It also has access to excellent moves such as Stealth Rock, Accelerock, and Stone Edge.

Magnezone

This guy not only performs well against the gym leaders, but also adapts rather nicely to the majority of the fields.

Mega Absol

This guy is here because you said you preferred your mega to be Absol. As such, here you go.

Milotic/Swampert

You probably noticed that this team is pretty offensive oriented. As such, I took the liberty as putting in your last slot as one of the two. Milotic is an excellent stalling machine who can annoy your opponents to death. Of course, I also put Swampert here out of pure bias. He comes much later, but hits like a truck. 

Others members you can potentially use:

Garbodor

Granbull

Ribombee

Gigalith (in case Lycanroc doesn't work out)

Edited by Filthy Casual

Thing is, I don't know if you'd play balanced or heavier teams in-game.

You have given us little to work with, so we won't know if you don't like certain mons or have used them before.

That said, I will not provide Absol in order to give other underused pokemon a chance.

Place the first forms in the shared box and then begin your new run.

Let's use some neglected pokemon to pique your interest...

Kingdra: Water/Dragon

+Fills in 2 of your type demands

+Can go either Physical or Special (or mixed but shh)
+Access to Dragon Dance

+Seadra has good defense so it can alleviate pressure from Funguss

+Gets faster depending on the weather (and your ability)

-May need you to go fishing with a Compoundeyes mon. Meh, worth the shot

Amoonguss: Grass/Poison

+Covers up Kingdra's weaknesses quite nicely

+Good mon to tank hits and apply status

+May have great use in doubles (depending on your preference)

-Slow AF

-Might need a while to grind up

Houndoom: Fire/Dark

+Great special attacker

+Mega Evolution

+Early Access to Nasty Plot

-You need to complete the Magma/Aqua sidequests in Lapis

Now we have already created a FGW core with half of the requirements. Moving on to patch the holes of the team

Espeon: Psychic

+Ability forbids all status moves, plus hazards

+Fast and hitting hard

+Fairy and Bug coverage

~Lack of moves allows wish support

-Hard to get (unless using method mentioned in the intro)

Gliscor: Ground/Flying

+Alleviates pressure from Amoonguss

+Great typing allows a lot of switches with immunities to both Ground and Electric

+Works as a support or a bulky offensive mon

+Access to acrobatics before Kiki

+Good with children

~May make the game easier until you reach Aya

-Has to be transfered

-Burdens your main offense (Kingdra and Houndoom) to take the Water and Ice moves aimed at him respectively

At this point we have filled the criteria. Due to the no-type-repetition rule, I cannot recommend a starter. Yet, I can do this.

Eelektross: Electric

+Levitate 

+Early access

+Utility with moves like Drain Punch, Discharge, Acid Spray, Flamethrower

+Good offense and defense, an all-around reliable mon

+Helps balance the team: at first as a burden till Aya (while your other pokemon are overpowered), then as a valuable member (just as things become difficult, it evolves)

~Might feel like you are playing with 5 mons

-Slow

-Has to breed for better moves

-Forced to wait till you get that Thunderstone