Choose My Team! Remastered (Latest Defeated: ZEL)

Filthy Casual

Chapter 34: Solaris gets Shafted Again

Temere ran for miles down the mountainside in order to warn his comrades about Terra's betrayal. He knew that he would need someone to help deal with this threat. As such, he took Bonsai (Torterra) out of the box, knowing that it was going to be a brutal fight. At first, Samson and Ciel couldn't believe what they heard. However, as soon as Terra heard the conversation, she was quick to admit her guilt.

DjzdgiF.png

Terra decided to quickly flee into...

...the computer?

TddGp3k.png

That's right! In a neat twist, the game becomes generation 1, mechanics and all (excluding the fact that you still need to recharge Hyper Beam after fainting a Pokemon)! Temere embarked through a glitchy Kanto, even catching another new team member along the way! Say hello to the newest member of the team...

Spoiler

glitch the Porygon!

MfZx0Pn.png

Unfortunately for Temere, his quest led him into a mysterious cave, where he had his toughest challenge yet...

...a Rhydon.

Vm9v1Re.png

It was time to fight!

Spoiler

The battle begins with Rhydon sending out himself. Since it was a Rhydon, though, there was no way it could-

1TnAsFc.png

SHIT!

Needless to say, Pyromancer gets off a couple Flamethrowers before going down.

P2RzKLQ.png

Saitama gets off multiple Meteor Mashes before going down. Mewtwo is brought down to the red.

E12haQg.png

Phantasos uses Dark Pulse, KOing Mewtwo in the process.

5ldq9me.png

After our victory, Temere finally confronted Terra. It was in Kanto's champion's room where she revealed her motivations...

BH6oyUS.png

9b3e2RO.png

Honestly, that sounds about right for Terra.

Before we get into the fight, I might as well bring this up now. Remember that voice when we left the temple after defeating El? It appeared again, only this time, in diary form. It seems as if this third party wants to release a "baby Arceus" so they can "play forever". As creepy as that sounds, Temere still had a job to do: to stop Terra!

Spoiler

m4RW0XU.png

n6LGK0G.png

Poor GIOVANNI is blown away by a Psychic.

udjIDgY.png

EXAKILL is unable to KO with an Earthquake, allowing Aoi to decimate with a Surf.

rWnlVyG.png

Bonsai cannot take a Psychic. He survives, getting off a Leech Seed. However, he is forced to switch out.

7yrFjrd.png

CLAYBOYBUNNY goes for an Explosion, bringing Lilith down with it.

Z2WGlir.png

Saitama almost OHKOs HIPHOPOTAMUS with a critical Meteor Mash. Unfortunately, he goes down to Bulldoze.

65XA53s.png

Bonsai is luckily able to tank all hits, KOing with Razor Leaf.

CjPONSh.png

Pyromancer lowers SWAGSIRE's accuracy to zero with Smokescreens. This allows Bonsai (Torterra) and Aoi (Vaporeon) to be healed. Pyromancer goes down, but does his job.

RDOX0N0.png

LOL

On a side note, remember how I said that Solaris was cheated out of his rightful role as villain by Lin? It's around this point of the game where that hits home. For those who have played ahead of this point (and this is obvious spoilers if you somehow haven't played this game yet), we'll be fighting Solaris again soon. His Garchomp is now at level 76, and of course, as second in command, it would make sense for his to be the highest level. Unfortunately, nobody told Terra that!

iGj6f9A.png

Look at this shit! Solaris doesn't even have the best Garchomp anymore! The poor guy can't catch a break! First he loses his parents, then his leadership position, and now his standing as the best Garchomp user! Regardless, Bonsai goes down.

4OIpqt7.png

Luckily, Aoi has Aurora Beam. One Full Restore is used on him, but he is able to tank RAWRCHOMP's Bulldozes.

VuEHPLD.png

After our victory, Terra decided to flee from the scene, escaping to battle another day. He had no choice but to escape the computer.

kXF0KZz.png

Both Ciel and Samson decided the best course of action was to unplug the computer, keeping Terra confined to a small space. This means next time, we are finally able to save Titania with our fancy new Waterfall HM! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Who should we use? Also...

Spoiler

...since we will be going up to Taka, should we fight, or spare him?

It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

BV5Ktu5.png

8K8vn3R.png

CBtlzYx.png

Still Need to Catch

Goomy

Edited by Filthy Casual

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 35: The Craven Commander

Temere began his day by running to the waterfall, trying to save Titania as quickly as possible. When he got down there, however, he noticed that Titania had been taking care of herself.

uTbi8ld.png

Despite how horrified Temere was at the sight, he continued onward with Titania into the depths of the base. Along the way, they ran into the leader of this base, none other than Taka!

26hvwip.png

Taka exclaimed that he would stop the duo at any means necessary. However, rather than do that, he ended up leading them further into the base, even stating that the central room was the cause of Reborn City's polluted water. The duo thought it was strange he was giving them so much information. However, before he could process that in his head, Temere discovered this:

5vBqO7f.png

There was only one thing left to do: defeat it in a battle!

Spoiler

cEPVJ6M.png

The battle begins with Bonsai setting up a Leech Seed. Swalot KOs Bonsai with a Sludge Wave.

ePZwx3J.png

Pyromancer is outsped by Swalot (HOW?!) and KOd by Sludge Wave.

kDfJRhD.png

Phantasos attempts to get as many flinches with Dark Pulse as possible. Surprisingly, it works.

bV1pavE.png

You have to love how Swalot is positioned at the end! It looks like he's saying "Hey, you going to finish that snack?"

After defeating the Swalot, the water treatment facility began to work once more. This allowed us to access Taka's chambers, where Amaria was being held.

hCwQdWb.png

Taka began to explain to the duo that he despised what his father was doing with Team Meteor, and how they were supposed to protect people from entering the temple. However, he felt as if he couldn't stop his father as that would be betraying his bloodline. Understandably, Titania was having none of that, berating Taka for being a coward. After collecting the Sapphire Bracelets and Amaria, they were going to leave, until Taka asked the duo this question:

ynodO8v.png

Titania refused immediately, suggesting that he would hurt more people if we let him get away with murder. However, we decided to fight him anyway, looking for some free EXP.

Spoiler

Y56HKJb.png

sTudtoq.png

The battle begins with Klefki setting up Spikes. Bonsai picks up an Earthquake KO, breaking the field.

vHEtSt5.png

Chatot, knowing it can't touch Phantasos, goes for Nasty Plot. Phantasos takes this opportunity to OHKO with Dark Pulse.

jlBsL5k.png

Aoi attempts to go for Surf, only to get flinched by a critical Rock Slide! He's brought down next turn WHY.

qeeohPI.png

Luckily, with a Meteor Mash, Aerodactyl goes down. The same thing happens to Huntail, who never stands a chance.

L44zQDB.png

Phantasos KOs with a couple Dark Pulses.

SLnLWh1.png

Bonsai finishes the job with a couple Earthquakes.

3NvYcEt.png

With our victory, we are now on to Amaria's mansion. Next time, we'll be attempting to stop Solaris! Which six members should we use for this fight? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

2OwUKNM.png

8K8vn3R.png

CBtlzYx.png

Chapter 36: VS New World Orderly John

After defeating Taka, Temere and Titania quickly went to bring Amaria back to safety. Along the way, he ran into two old friends!

Wxn7Esb.png

Julia and Florinia were stopping by to visit their college friends, Amaria and Titania. More importantly, however, Ame told the duo to give Temere this:

f2sGpxL.png

With Fly, we would be able to return to Reborn City! However, things quickly went awry...

urzQ3ro.png

...indeed, Team Meteor had found where the sapphire bracelet was located thanks to Taka. We quickly ran back into the house, ready to protect it, only to discover...

BeJJUkU.png

...oh, it's just you. Don't worry, the game says you're not that threatening anymore.

Needless to say, Solaris attempted to stop us via the use of a couple grunts. Needless to say, with Florinia's help, they stood zero chance. That's when Solaris tried to pull at Florinia's emotional strings.

v9rLaGd.png

Florinia, however, was not buying any of that. Julia had heard someone enter through the back. As she was exploring, however, she discovered that it was none other than Blake.

vnTXone.png

Blake decided to call out his Walrein in order to seal the door, and...

...well...

8BXJrWP.png

...it's time for what I personally consider to be one of the hardest fights in the game!

Spoiler

AbPiZt1.png

The battle begins with Lilith going for a Moonblast on Haxorus while she is simultaneously hit with Poison Jab. Walrein goes for a Blizzard. Only Walrein is standing by the end.

DpTkBO5.png

Saitama goes for Meteor Mash on Krookodile. Krookodile counters with a Crunch. Torterra is OHKOd to oblivion with Blizzard.

UAsIKTf.png

Meteor Mash KOs Krookodile. However, Breloom decided to go for Giga Drain on Walrein, spelling Breloom's death.

You see why I hate this fight?! Walrein decimates Florinia's team, often leaving you in a 2v1 scenario if you're not prepared! Still, it wasn't over!

jR1vW5s.png

Walrein finally goes down, but not before taking down Tropius.

f3tfaD7.png

Shadow Ball OHKOs Saitama, while a Power Whip is enough to bring down Rhyperior.

iRjEaoQ.png

Roserade and Rotom make the boneheaded decision to double team Ferrothorn. This allows Pyromancer to get off a free Eruption.

7ucl0IG.png

Pyromancer gets off a Flamethrower on Scizor, KOing it instantly. However, Weavile also lands a Poison Jab, poisoning Pyromancer. Rock Slide almost KOs Weavile.

MWRfxGJ.png

Weavile switches out for Mamoswine. Serperior is almost knocked out by Flamethrower. Of course, Cradily's Rock Slide misses Serperior when it would have finished it off (FUCK YOU CRADILY).

Ou38EQi.png

Luckily, Serperior goes down, even at the expanse of Pyromancer's life.

cFdmkRm.png

Surf OHKOs Mamoswine, even if it brings down Cradily with it.

xdVUJOj.png

Jynx here has Dry Skin. I am forced to sacrifice Aoi.

TkE7ldr.png

Phantasos outspeeds and KOs with Dark Pulse.

RKsIUnj.png

Earth Power is enough to decimate Weavile, even if it gets off a Poison Jab.

HQv02l1.png

Dark Pulse finishes the job.

QHv4ukI.png

LRVaaiG.png

Get wrecked, nerd.

This is around the point things got a bit strange. After his defeat, Fern got much more passionate, turning on his sister immediately.

xAcu4CZ.png

aArOqpT.png

CgveYZa.png

Those words truly crushed Florinia's spirit. As Fern walked out with his moral victory, Sirius took this opportunity to strike.

eHjDdAr.png

ivRQi4d.png

This would be the rematch we would be waiting for...

...except we even had backup!

i819nnI.png

With Julia on our side, there would be no way we could lose! If the game told us anything, it's that Solaris now sucks! He would need some real help in order to-

3AohjAA.png

...wait a minute... is that...

OH GOD, NEW WORLD ORDERLY JOHN IS BACK!

Spoiler

Disclaimer: for those of you who remember the first Reborn Randomizer Run, you'll know New World Orderly John was the true boss fight. Solaris almost always got one shot, and his Whiscash gave us a lot of problems. Honestly, while Solaris puts up more of a fight this time, it's still New World Orderly John who lifts the weight.

EDi3MoK.png

The battle begins with Lilith being forced to switch out for Bonsai (Torterra). Electrode goes for Foul Play on Whiscash.

t5K3I2Y.png

Bonsai is ready to attack this time. He goes for Razor Leaf, OHKOing Whiscash, while Scizor tanks the hit.

jdB1Kuc.png

Electrode paralyzes Slowbro with Thunderbolt. Bonsai heals, attempting to go for Razor Leaf, but instead witnessing Excadrill dodge the attack.

mFZFMiZ.png

Excadrill OHKOs Bonsai with X-Scissor. Luckily, Slowbro also goes down.

PJSIZ20.png

Excadrill goes for Earthquake, KOing Electrode. Fortunately, before getting knocked out by Discharge, Aoi hit Excadrill with a Surf.

GynvpEw.png

Pyromancer hits Eelektross with an Eruption. However, Pyromancer gets decimated by a Waterfall. In turn, Gyarados gets decimated by Volt Switch.

gc9Ge9K.png

Phantasos and Rotom team up to KO Scizor.

h0TIpm9.png

Phantasos can't take Tyranitar's Superpower.

3UUSrNh.png

Saitama misses Tyranitar with Meteor Mash, getting the attack boost in the process. Eelektross finally goes down. Tyranitar goes for Dragon Dance.

T20sdn5.png

T20sdn5.png

Saitama and Rotor double team Tyranitar. They pick up the KO, while Saitama gets the attack boost from Meteor Mash.

jiPRDnK.png

The duo double team Mandibuzz, with Rotom KOing her with Volt Switch.

TdEArta.png

Saitama gets off a Bullet Punch on Garchomp before going down to a Fire Fang. Magnezone almost KOs Kecleon.

KrJnUYH.png

Lilith is almost able to KO Garchomp with Moonblast. However, that's when Magnezone goes for Explosion. Everyone but Lilith are brought down.

IUDhjyO.png

All Lilith can do is heal while Eelektross finishes the job with Flamethrower.

wwbSpP0.png

I know. You were the actual boss fight.

NTqBr1b.png

I wish you were still hard. You'll always be my favorite character in this game...

Despite our win, Solaris and Sirius were persistent. They gave the group an ultimatum.

0TbAWRE.png

m8aGpyC.png

It was at that moment Sirius brought out the Chandelure, ready to burn the house down. That's when Titania made her move.

hv7MzFv.png

7vZMHbV.png

Needless to say, Solaris wan't too happy, issuing this grim message.

sKsZgQD.png

Despite our victory, not everything came without a price. For example, Amaria finally woke up, only for everyone to discover she developed amnesia from her fall.

aIwuTAC.png

Good news, Amaria! Your special defense just increased!

Despite this uncomfortable situation, we also learned that Florinia survived!

WgtCNb3.png

She vowed to bring her brother back safely, wanting to resolve thing with him. We were then given one more objective: to defeat Ciel.

Next episode will be the season finale! I know this season was quick, but with E17 coming up, I want to ensure that we are able to play through that first. As such, season 4 will consist of E16 and E17 content. I'm also going to request some people in the mod section to help me put in custom battles (as my Mac won't cooperate RPG Maker XP; who would have thunk it lol). This gives you time to add a few more suggestions on who we should fight before the season begins. However, that still leaves a few questions. For example, who should we catch? What should their names be? Which six Pokemon should we use against Ciel? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

6Fcvr8Z.png

DUrKEK2.png

W1OdheB.png

Still Need to Catch

Goomy

Edited by Filthy Casual

Did Solaris's team change from episode 15? I don't remember him having a Gyarados or a Tyranitar.

Also I had the most fun with the Fern and Blake battle because all my pokemon actually got koed but Florina really pulled through. That Cradily is a monster!

Chapter 37: Sticking the Landing

After defeating New World Orderly John and his lackey, Solaris, Temere decided to attempt to fight Ciel. Needless to say, this made the Ringmaster quite happy, wanting to sell tickets for the circus.

qvugRZc.png

There was only one problem, however; he forgot to get a battle pass! Without that pass, Temere certainly couldn't take Ciel down. That's when she did something amazing...

i53Qq7a.png

THANK YOU CIEL!

With our Battle Pass in hand, we were finally able to take Ciel down!

Spoiler

odTstrz.png

6Zx8lhc.png

The battle begins with Saitama hitting Togekiss with a Meteor Mash after getting hit by Aura Sphere.

MyMPWyr.png

Saitama is used as bait for Archeops. He switches out immediately for Phantasos (Hydreigon).

pNX4x7B.png

Phantasos, having Levitate, cheeses the choice banded Archeops's Earthquake. She goes for a Dark Pulse, eventually going for a Dragon Pulse. However, just as she uses that move, luck turns on our side.

NmyKkLD.png

Noivern gets off a Dragon Pulse before going down.

Z25YsSG.png

Saitama is used as bait again.

BY2CmQZ.png

This time, Phantasos finishes Archeops off.

WQLJbLW.png

Aurora Beam almost KOs Gliscor. Unfortunately, Gliscor is forced to switch out for Talonflame.

NN3ZyqV.png

Aoi's last turn alive is used to heal Phantasos (Hydreigon).

KGylhmQ.png

Phantasos tanks a Flare Blitz, KOing with Head Smash.

WpN84Ww.png

Pyromancer outspeeds and picks up the KO with Eruption.

SJRHe8p.png

Bonsai attempts to Leech Seed the Mega Altaria. That idea is about as stupid as it sounds.

xARrmlz.png

Saitama gets hit by a critical Earthquake. However, the field weakens it enough to the point where it survives. Then, he hits Altaria with a POWERFUL Meteor Mash.

zRLzCcx.png

HELL YEAH SAITAMA!

This is indeed the end of Season 3. We'll be picking this series up again when E17 is updated (and that's a few weeks after that, as I don't want to spoil anyone on the game). Having said that, next time, we'll be flying back to Reborn City! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Who should we use for the next episode? Also, who should we fight for custom battles? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

oaJjPUa.png

8K8vn3R.png

CBtlzYx.png

Still Need to Catch

Goomy

Update!

During our hiatus, we challenged the amazing @Paul25 to an online battle! It was really close and fun! After the fight, we decided to do a trade. As such, the first of our Starly's (bred from Corey the Crobat and Starlight the POWERFUL Staraptor) is now gone. However, in exchange, he gave us a new team member! Meet the newest member of the squad...

Spoiler

Pro-fighter the Chesnaught!

gm40Dzy.png

As someone who loves Chesnaught, I appreciate the work they put into this shiny sprite!

Once again, shoutouts to Paul25 for this amazing new edition to the team!

Edited by Filthy Casual

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Question

Lol, it's been a while since I posted on this thread. With E17 inching closer and closer, this means there will be gen 7 Pokemon coming to us soon. However, this brings along an important point: now that Gen 7 is officially in the game, there is no reason for Temere to not use his team in E17. As such, here is my question to you: should we bring in the same Pokemon we used for the Rejuvenation play through? In case anyone forgot, here was everyone we used:

Spoiler

w3lckyI.png

bloIFZN.png

Just so you know, we will not be using Dangerous the Sceptile. He's still dead in this universe. Also, the Rowlet named Sagatarius evolved in the last episode. Because of a V9 bug, it knows Steam Eruption, but I would replace it with Spirit Shackle.

It's up to you!

Edited by Filthy Casual

• 1 month later...

Chapter 38: Heartwarming Reunions

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? I did say that I'd be returning to this as soon as E17 came out! I'm really looking forward to continuing with this series, especially with the new content! However, there's now an additional rule I must put in place:

All spoilers for E17 must be put in spoiler tags!

For example, when there is new stuff for E17, I will be doing this:

Spoiler

Spoilers! Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler

Luke Skywalker is the son of Darth Vader

As such, let's begin with the return of Temere's adventure!

After Temere defeated Ciel, he decided to take some time off. He wanted to spend some time with his Pokemon, as he never really got to bond with them as much as he did with his Rejuvenation team. One look at his Torterra, Bonsai, and he realized that he couldn't leave his Rejuvenation team on the side anymore...

...so he called Melia. Temere was still wary, as he didn't want to risk too many of his trusted friends to this dastardly Lin. As such, he only requested for a few. Let's say hello once more to some old friends from the Rejuvenation run...

Spoiler

CjTUf0m.png

First, we had Waffles, his Alolan Raichu. Waffles adored the pancakes from the Apophyll region, and was excited to see Temere once more. In fact, she pretty much won the Valerie and Erick battles single handedly.

1N5vg0m.png

LostBranch was another of Temere's trusted companions. During the battle with Madame X, it got a Curse up on her Yveltal in order to secure the victory.

fR3OpTM.png

Siren was one of the trusted water types of the team. She was able to disrupt weather teams with her Hail, as well as hit hard with powerful ice type moves such as Blizzard.

4rjq9uB.png

Satyr was indeed a shiny Vivillon. However, since Satyr is from the Aevian region, the shiny variant is different from that of the Reborn region. Satyr helped pull out some key victories, including an incredible win against a Groudon with Powder.

ER0B2DG.png

Mr. Krabs was the other trusted water type of the team. He really held his own by the end of the adventure, and even was the deciding factor in the fact against the Puppet Masters.

rZ3J3t3.png

Ashanti was always reliable. She almost won the fight against Marianette single handedly, and for a long time was considered one of the backbones of the team. However, Temere began to really light up when he saw this member...

6wOC3ya.png

For those who aren't aware, there are two members of the original run who never left the team. One was Dangerous the Sceptile (who is now dead), and the other was Hazard Smell the Skuntank. Temere's face lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw her once again.

Now, while those members are the ones who have returned, they aren't the only ones who could make a comeback. My next question to you is this: who else should we bring in from our Rejuvenation run?

With many members of his team now reunited, he finally returned to the city of Reborn, where things were quite different. Rather than the dirty, depressing and grimy streets he became accustomed to, everything was now bright and cheerful! Indeed, he felt a lot of Grand Dream City vibes. In fact, as he entered the Grand Hall, he ran into yet another familiar face; none other than Ame herself!

2iIKuQj.png

Before we could catch up, however, Ame still had some paperwork to fill out. Unfortunately, Temere overheard what was being discussed, and...

...well...

2twQTQk.png

Hey, he became a member of the E4! Good for him! It's nice to see that hard work pays-

uvdx5kI.png

sKs4dq3.png

...oh, yeah. El...

8QKrP66.png

Z3cC3r5.png

Letter...?

...wait! Laura was an E4 member until she was mysteriously fired! That explains why! Except there's one problem...

...if Ame's so concerned, why doesn't she just contact her herself? There's nothing stopping her from going to Laura and asking "Hey, what's up?" Something I've noticed is that Reborn Ame's style of leadership is a bit hands off...

...regardless, Ame gave us a task; find Victoria, Adrienn, and DJ Arclight, and bring them here. We quickly went off to find the trio. First, we ran into Adrienn, who seemed to be much busier...

6tdHORm.png

We waited a bit for Adrienn to finish xyr conversation with the people. Afterwards, xe finally noticed us.

TmGm5E3.png

Adrienn explained that while we were going on our adventures, xe had been helping clean the city by working with the citizens of the region. It had been tiresome, but ultimately, to xem, it was worth the effort. We informed him that we would be meeting up for a meeting at the grand hall, only to continue our quest. After finding Adrienn, we turned our attention to none other than DJ Arclight!

JhEJajh.png

While he was willing to see what Ame needed, he first needed to follow an anonymous lead on something. He said he would meet up with us afterwards. This left only one person left...

...Victoria.

jmNI3Xv.png

In all seriousness, Temere was happy to see her again, especially after how nice she was to him, despite everything that happened up until Apophyll. Victoria had explained to Temere that after Kiki's death, Victoria had taken it upon herself to run the academy.

epqpo9W.png

htlVyqu.png

Despite her lack of confidence, Victoria had been doing an excellent job. In fact, she even volunteered the students to clean up Reborn City. According to her, while it would have been something Kiki wouldn't have agreed on, Victoria felt it necessary to help the citizens of Reborn. Temere proceeded to tell her to meet Ame soon. While he was leaving, however, Victoria told him something that made him blush...

T5wKep7.png

d6adsTo.png

cLALpWy.png

On a side note, I'm not a huge fan of having the comma be the end of the dialogue box. That's just personal preference, however.

Of course, you probably noticed that Team Meteor grunt next to us. As he was leaving, Temere noticed the grunt. As he went to talk to him, Temere was disheartened to learn that it was none other than Simon.

HqX1uPj.png

Hey, Simon! What are you doing here! I thought Tara would be with-

UbA1TWe.png

...well that got awkward...

Apparently, Saphira had killed Tara during the raid of the Meteor base. Simon was so disheartened that he decided to leave Team Meteor forever. With that said, Temere decided to head down to the Grand Hall.

Ame had told Victoria, Adrienn, and Temere what she told DJ Arclight not too long ago; Team Meteor had a hidden base in Reborn City this whole time. They had used a fake Devon Corp branch in order to operate from the inside. However, that wasn't all.

Gg9JEJ5.png

pRzxmUq.png

Victoria seemed extremely determined, as she would finally be willing to avenge Kiki. Even Ame seemed ready, as she finally decided to join the fight, proclaiming this:

SIH8C7X.png

Indeed, this means Ame is the champion. Only one problem...

...there's now even less of a reason for her to not check in on Laura! Seriously, she's part of your league! Why not just ask her why she decided to quit if it's "weird" as it seems?

Despite these questions, next time, we'll be raiding the Team Meteor base in order to put a stop to their plans once and for all! Which six Pokemon should we use? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

JVXNsKo.png

xnd220p.png

mVTikvU.png

Still Need to Catch

Goomy

Rowlet

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 39: Saw VIII - The Reborn Chronicles

Before it was time to invade the Meteor base, Temere decided once more to change his outfit. Let's say hello to Temere's newest look...

GoGFUio.png

With DJ Arclight and Victoria at our side, we were confident that this mission was going to be a smooth success. However, just as we entered the base, our suspicions were raised...

uh3DdoT.png

...wait, did you say finallyWere you waiting for us the whole time?

Well, at least Adrienn and Ame definitely should be able to-

PaC6uAQ.png

Oh god, it's a trap, isn't it?

To make matters worse, as we were traveling through the base, we began to be more and more separated. We continued on as DJ Arclight monitored our progress, until...

Spoiler

E17 Spoilers! Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler

...we were finally separated from Victoria.

Nr3Lvr4.png

Indeed, the walls were closing in on us. Luckily, Victoria was able to save us with her trusty starter, her...

ff4gBSk.png

...Tony the Tiger?

This was the first big change we noticed in this episode. All rivals have had their starters replaced. Indeed, Cain's Oshawott is now a Popplio, and Fern's Snivy is a Rowlet. While I'm happy with Cain getting Popplio, I think it's silly the other two needed their starters to follow the generation 7 theme. Victoria is no longer a fighting type trainer, and Decidueye fits Fern way less than Serperior.

Regardless, despite our loss, we continued onward, until Arclight sent us a horrible message...

QWvJDRH.png

MYWFiLd.png

Still, we were the protagonist! There was no way we could be caught so easil-

xLRDLSq.png

DAMN IT!

Well, at least we know Victoria isn't stupid enough to walk into a wide open cage, especially knowing that we're in a similar-

b9lagOo.png

DAMN IT VICTORIA, WHY DID YOU PULL A TEMERE?!

In all seriousness, this is when Lin finally made her dramatic entrance.

g7PZ881.png

Lin, taking notes straight from Jigsaw, informed us that this whole thing was a trap set up so we could destroy each other. In order to proceed, one trainer would have to defeat the other in a battle. Indeed, it was time for us to prove our worth!

Spoiler

E17 Spoilers! Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler

TTsmPMS.png

v3Jah9u.png

The battle begins with Lilith going for a Moonblast in order to take care of Mienshao. However, Mienshao gets off a Fake Out and Knock Off.

lZYzYUb.png

Pyromancer is able to KO with an Eruption.

JGtJrxc.png

Since Gallade outspeeds, Pyromancer takes this time to lower accuracy with Smokescreen. The plan works, as Gallade goes down.

zfhV4tF.png

Togekiss outspeeds and KOs.

8ORBfRT.png

Waffles is able to dominate with Discharge. However, as she attempts to finish Togekiss off with another Discharge...

7pVmaJg.png

...we meet yet another new team member!

This is actually really cool, especially given how Alolan Raichu can only be obtained in Apophyll! Still, this Raichu is easily able to KO Waffles with it's seed boost.

d4IuKNs.png

Forgetting the seed also gives Alolachu Levitate, the first EQ misses. However, a Crunch is able to KO.

YV5uF9O.png

Aoi is able to tank a Dazzling Gleam and KO with Surf.

bpX43jO.png

Gardevoir is sacrificed so Bonsai (Torterra) can heal.

ohovGDy.png

Unfortunately, that doesn't matter, as Incineroar gets a crit with Flare Blitz.

8B5v9zt.png

Satyr gets off a Bug Buzz before going down.

W0cthx2.png

Aoi outspeeds and picks up a Surf KO...

...WHAT?!

agoyAhc.png

I don't know the gen 7 stats off the top of my head, but I don't think a Vaporeon should outspeed a wrestling tiger. Still, I'm not really proud of how I performed in this battle TBH.

Luckily, we knew that Victoria would be able to handle any punishment coming her...

byZGZbu.png

...WELP.

Luckily, we would learn from our mistakes. There would be no way we would fall for that trick again.

iBrWSLg.png

DAMNIT TEMERE!

Spoiler

jmVkt1i.png

1Yp4pZD.png

The battle begins with Bonsai picking up a KO with an EQ. However, Luxray gets off an Electric Terrain before going down.

0tAhRvq.png

Gardevoir sets up four Calm Minds, KOing with Moonblast.

SEuvkWy.png

One Psychic is able to-

ytOFnzg.png

Okay, but can we just-

W6qZxxK.png

Are we even-

tabtKMh.png

Okay, let's just-

P2MRlyr.png

JESUS CHRIST!

To summarize what happened, I used two Ultra Potions in the fight, as Noivern missed a majority of it's Hurricanes, and I wanted to give myself a safety net against the Ampharos. It seems to have worked.

Before suffering his penalty, Arclight gave us some words of encouragement...

RAvQadH.png

With Arclight defeated, we'll be continuing to chase Lin in the next part! Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

tUyyd3t.png

Still Need to Catch

Goomy

Rowlet

Spoiler

This was the first big change we noticed in this episode. All rivals have had their starters replaced. Indeed, Cain's Oshawott is now a Popplio, and Fern's Snivy is a Servine. While I'm happy with Cain getting Popplio, I think it's silly the other two needed their starters to follow the generation 7 theme. Victoria is no longer a fighting type trainer, and Decidueye fits Cain way less than Serperior.

I think u made something wrong here :D

Snivy is a Servine

Snivy is a Rowlet

and Decidueye fits Cain way less than Serperior.

U mean Fern :P

Chapter 40: Speechless

After our defeat of DJ Arclight, we quickly moved onward to the next room. Fortunately, we ran into Ame. With her skill level as a champion, she could easily...

6qKuL4v.png

...get blown away by a Pokemon with a massive type disadvantage...

Needless to say, poor Ame seemed to lose her head in this battle, both figuratively and very literally.

K9NMuCc.png

Despite the loss, we refused to be deterred. We continued onward, where we ran into yet another unwelcome sight.

XJzDDRX.png

Apparently, Lin had ordered all PULSE machines to be moved. This caused the PULSE Magnezone to be unstable. While trying to adjust the coding, ZEL certainly wasn't happy to see us, especially after we told him that we came specifically to stop him.

Xqpswz7.png

Indeed, it was time for... for...

...just look...

Spoiler

oVNF0qR.png

rH6cfZl.png

The battle begins with Waffles going for Nuzzle. Aurorus is fortunately paralyzed turn one. However, this causes ZEL to switch. Now, rather than explain what happens every turn, I'll just say it right now: he switches multiple times. Because of this, rather than continuously repeating myself, I'm going to show you how many times he switches...

bf62J9B.png

0Fic32n.png

XnqbtRs.png

ScVvOuc.png

At this point, I get the brilliant idea to switch to Satyr (Vivillon), as there's no way he'd switch out on a psychic type...

...BUT GUESS WHAT HAPPENS?!

CVdyKYu.png

And when trying to switch back...

bHFkvRz.png

DN92wvW.png

QoYwKV4.png

jyXflJE.png

IT1Sr3V.png

u0RLwx5.png

Seriously, I know the AI was improved, but 11 straight fucking switches?! I'm honestly speechless...

QL8C7q1.png

AND GUESS WHAT ZEL DOES HERE?!

7MUxfs2.png

I BET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

E0DWJLU.png

Seriously, though, what the actual fuck?

Despite the massive time waster, Aoi picks up the KO with Surf.

A0dQzTo.png

Umbreon decides to SWITCH OUT AGAIN!

7WXSbFM.png

OvQDMXi.png

V72KZtq.png

wA0NJ07.png

Thankfully, since all four are crippled to oblivion at this point, Satyr is easily able to KO them all with Bug Buzz.

dKSHQYU.png

Eruption does massive damage. However, since it is a PULSE Magnezone, it can't quite KO. Instead, Pyromancer is blown back.

6NUghqc.png

Here, I decide to myself "screw it" and revive Pyromancer (Typhlosion).

yRntXUk.png

One Flamethrower finishes the job.

8icO4Bq.png

I'm aware Vaporeon could've outsped and KOd. I didn't care. This battle was the worst one I've ever had in my life.

With ZEL's defeat, the Magnezone couldn't be stabilized. Indeed, this caused a massive explosion that destroyed both the PULSE and Magnezone itself. However, it did one more thing that is surely going to greatly influence the story...

...killed the Eve and Lumi personalities of ZEL.

Mq6ePU9.png

With the two gone, Zero decided to run as far away as possible. With him defeated, we continued onward to the next room, where we noticed a lone pannel. We quickly pressed it, only to discover our friends!

b0GNphd.png

Unfortunately for our friends, they had been tortured by Team Meteor while we were fighting. Arclight in particular had even lost an eye! This only made us more determined to stop Team Meteor. As such, next time, we'll not only be looking to evolve MagnetMode (Magneton), but also defeat Adrienn for our next badge! Which six Pokemon should we use for the fight? Who should we catch? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

SU8Nm5h.png

WSOAFz3.png

6aQC7BA.png

Still Need to Catch

Goomy 

Rowlet