The Iron Curtain - A Steel Type Experiment (Last Defeated Leader: Amaria)

This chapter was short, but...painful 

Chapter 16: It's Not an Endearing Character Trait

(aka the one where I have to deal with Terra's nonsense)

In Ametrine City we realized that Terra's claim that the Agate radio signal came from there was likely misleading. Back at the circus, I speak with Samson and Ciel about the possibility that Terra works for Team Meteor. Ciel doesn't seem to believe me at first, but Samson does not put it past her. 

We remember that Terra is the one who found Aya, Hardy, Cain, and myself in Agate City, and suspiciously did not seem to be affected by the sleep signal.

Spoiler

2YJAtt6.png

A rather suspect line

Terra then appears, and we corner her. She actually comes clean immediately, but tries to win me over with her fake tragic backstory. When that doesn't work she manages to flee...

Spoiler

Jd01G5p.png

deTAPMk.png

tRK6gT9.png

Thanks, Ciel. That's exactly what I needed to hear

Apparently it's possible to follow her in, but only one person can be Player 2. Looks like I'll have to be alone with Terra in there *shudder*

Samson's confident I now have the strength to fight her if it comes to that...and let's face it, it's definitely going to come to that. So I get sent into the weird world of Gen I Pokémon, where the Glitch Field robs me of Steel type STAB and the glitch NPCs rob me of sanity.

6DjcrCZ.png

ALL the Porygon are shiny here...I thought it was a nice touch

I don't get far into Glitch Indigo Plateau before Terra appears to wreck all of physics, which forces a detour. After getting lost in this fever dream for a while, I have to pass through Glitch Cerulean Cave. A strong foe stands in my way there.

Vs. PKMNPKMNT M2

Spoiler

W5temFL.png

Bronzong tanks a laughable double resisted Psystrike from Mewtwo before setting Trick Room. I then switch

z2wioGl.png

Escavalier eats Mewtwo's Thunderbolt on the switch. But he then strikes a mighty Megahorn to one-shot the rogue clone

R1gQ8ZE.png

I know it's my destiny

So I beat Mewtwo

eqoBXjG.png

which allows me to finally reach Terra in the glitchy champion's room.

Terra tells me her reasons for hooking up with the Meteors, which boil down to 1) she was bored and 2) they're apparently good in bed (so they have people willing to lie with Terra...? Do they at least get a blindfold? Or some earplugs, or perhaps tape to cover her mouth? I can't imagine...)

I've got to stop her now, if only so she'll stop talking.

Vs. M3G4 T3RR4

YoMTZLj.png

Spoiler

tqspERj.png

Bronzong barely survives Nidoking's Flamethrower (of course it has to know Flamethrower...) before setting Trick Room. Bronzong then puts Nidoking to red with Extrasensory, failing to KO (never mind the field boosting the Psychic type and coming off its much higher SDef stat) before falling to another Flamethrower

CHVFSh0.png

T3RR4 (foolishly) heals Nidoking instead of attacking, allowing Escavalier to pull off a Swords Dance. Bug and Poison were super effective on each other in Gen I, so Megahorn now obliterates GIOVANNI

oPDSFBW.png

EXCAKILL here gets blown away by Drill Run, one of several pick ups from the Agate move tutors

C75C1FG.png

Escavalier flinches Hippowdon with an Iron Head, then hits with Megahorn to KO HIPHOPOTAMUS

fCevHF5.png

Bug was the only weakness of the overpowered Gen I Psychic type, but back then Megahorn was not a thing. Now however, Escavalier can easily drop CLAYBOYBUNNY in one hit. Trick Room ends here.

iT6U22t.png

Quagsire has Unaware, so it scoffs at my boosted attack. However, after it throws a weak Blizzard Escavalier hits a crit Megahorn to put it in the red anyway. T3RR4 would waste 2 more potions on SWAGSIRE, but as Escavalier is equipped with Metronome for this fight it proves futile

hjCS5Y5.png

Garchomp ends Escavalier's run with Flamethrower, but this was probably going to happen one way or another so it's ok

PZlvJfr.png

Forretress sturdy-tanks a Flamethrower, but gets burned *sigh*, so Explosion fails to get the KO even with the old defense-halving mechanic

NKvNXX4.png

Garchomp gets healed, then Empoleon hits with the newly-tutored Icy Wind. Still faster, Garchomp throws a Draco Meteor, which Empy barely survives before hitting again with Icy Wind, which puts Garchomp back to red. I go for Icy Wind one more time, but at -2 Garchomp is still faster, so Bulldoze is a KO

73DGwSi.png

Lucario does manage to move first, so Aura Sphere finishes RAWRCHOMP

0QV7fQ1.png

All I'm feeling is a headache, but I am really feeling it

That didn't look so bad, but I got stomped several times before I got it right. I even had some extra strategies planned like (Poison) Spikes and Grass Knot, yet didn't use either in the end. Unlike Samson and Charlotte Terra's team is quite tanky, so it was harder to shorten the rounds and not be beaten by super effective coverage (Or Claydol. That thing's Psychic hits like a truck). 

Spoiler

oebDnlw.png

It was a clean sheet until I faced RAWRCHOMP, who then won 4 straight KOs (maybe because it's level seventy goddamn eight

With Terra thoroughly RAWRed I get badge #12, which enabled Waterfall, as well as the potentially useful TM not earthquake Bullshit

Spoiler

ns97cZE.png

Gee thanks. And to think you're technically a bad guy

She then goes in the "You're the champion now" room, but I can't follow (but I won...), so I decide to just leave.

Back in the real world Samson and Ciel congratulate me, since they were watching all of that nonsense apparently, before Samson decides to cut the power to the computer. I would be concerned about losing Terra's data, but I'm sure they can just run backupT3RR4.exe or something, so she'll be back. They intend to interrogate Terra after a while, so I'll leave them to it.

Since I can use Waterfall now, I can go rescue Amaria from herself (oh and bring Titania back I guess). But they will have to wait until next time...talking to Terra was exhausting. Stay Tuned!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one ended up being sooo long...but I found the motivation to post today

Chapter 17: Live by the Sword

We ride the down the waterfall to go find Amy and Tania. At the bottom is the Water Treatment Plant for Reborn City. The more violent shadow counterpart to myself, Titania, is there waiting.

Spoiler

XUc5PU4.png

That doesn't sound like "thank you" to me

She's been stuck for a while, busy murdering Meteor dudes down here.

Spoiler

1hQgur6.png

Look I'm not that keen on people either but I like to think I wouldn't be so dismissive of human life without necessity

We team up to look for Amaria, who was taken by the Meteors. Titania is resistant to accepting my help, even though she told me to come get her.

Spoiler

dTLKsSq.png

I might start now if you don't get a grip

She's still angry at herself (when she's not angry at me) for causing this mess through her poor decisions.

Spoiler

9fqU1xD.png

We navigate the labyrinthine interior of the water grids while fighting off Meteor cultists, since they are now clearly one group. I had to do most of the fighting (and maneuvering) since Tania is weak from being down here so long...and she only has Aegislash at the moment.  

Along the way we run in to Taka, who seems to be impeding our progress...except he's actually making it possible to solve puzzles that would have stranded us.

Spoiler

SbzhNYi.png

I can eventually convince Titania not to kill all the opponents I've already defeated

Spoiler

5sEY79Y.png

Yeah but this is all a part of character development

At a branch in the path we split up. Eventually Tania reaches a dead end, so I have to find a way to progress.

I then find out why the Water Treatment Center isn't really treating water.

Spoiler

PIbKUff.png

The cause is another PULSE, this time it's Swalot. I'll have to stop this one too.

Vs. Pokémon Stopple

Spoiler

DtWkbvU.png

7ZWad0o.png

wJglY4p.png

hyGCf3u.png

Bwooooo...

Not an especially interesting fight honestly.

Stopping the PULSE makes it possible to flush the system. After I rejoin Tania we can continue, until we reach where Taka is keeping Amaria. She's still alive, partly because she was cared for by Taka's subordinates.

Spoiler

1z10mVC.png

V1ixcyc.png

gMf3Ufh.png

See when you're only mildly better than the bad guys on your good days it's time to take a step back

Taka does not agree with the methods used by Team Meteor, but fells obligated to work for them since his father is the (ex) leader. He's so conflicted though that he actively helped us get this far, and even gives the Sapphire Bracelets back to Titania. Taka still wants to keep up appearances though...

Spoiler

DghVgCR.png

EPaVygk.png

Titania does not approve of Taka being so Wishiwashi, and neither do I really. He's taking the easy way out instead of acting with conviction on his beliefs. He says he has no choice to leave Team Meteor, but that's not really true. Not leaving is not so different from approving of what they are doing. Titania tells me to not waste time with him and leaves, but Taka asks one more time.

TlVHDKl.png

Saying yes is enabling Taka to keep being indecisive, but really the choice is between giving up some social link points with Titania and getting to fight Taka again...and I'm not all that concerned with my relationship with Titania honestly so it's an easy choice

Vs. Meteor Admin Taka IV

9s9d63T.png

Spoiler

M6ZcFV8.png

Klefki didn't do anything meaningful before falling to 2 Discharges from Magneton (I thought it did spikes, but later frames disprove that)

OFCbnUE.png

Aerodactyl flinches Megneton with a Rock Slide, then KOs with Earthquake

0Zzq4bc.png

Aerodactyl sets Stealth Rock, then gets destroyed by 4x effective Gyro Ball

AxOXVPN.png

Lucario KOs Huntail with 3 Dark Pulses while tanking 2 Crunches in return

285iK6n.png

Lucario's Dark Pulse does disappointingly low damage to Gliscor, who KOs with Earthquake

2XMIEqF.png

Gliscor does a weak Acrobatics to break Empoleon's balloon, we answer with Icy Wind, which brings it to yellow. Empy moves first to drop it with another Icy Wind

4yIj1K1.png

I'm assuming Cradily has Storm Drain, so Empy sticks with Icy Wind. Unfortunately it doesn't do too much, and we are outdamaged by Seed Bomb (wonder if I'll ever get TM Flash Cannon?)

KDIyQ2k.png

Metagross easily downs Cradily with a Meteor Mash

TzXE4Dv.png

Chatot is the anchor now, huh? It misses Heat Wave, then gets one-shot by Meteor Mash

3atVJhs.png

I did it for the exp. Nothing more

I was shown once again that the Air Balloon is a blessing I need, but don't deserve

I head back to the entrance, but get jump-scared by Shade appearing right the hell out of nowhere (again)

Spoiler

Sy8sglL.png

xZqp5eP.png

zynaBtT.png

OK seriously Shade wtf...

We already saw Corey and Kiki both die, but I suppose he's telling me Amaria will live, so that's nice

At the entrance Titania is waiting for me again

Spoiler

KRD81zc.png

dBcSAB1.png

Yeah like I'm really gonna give up exp for your sake

She uses Amaria's Lapras Deliverance to scale the waterfall.

Spoiler

nEdVbe7.png

Look it was my candy that fed you when you were starving. And you made zero progress toward finding Amy until I showed up so don't give me that

But after this she admits it was good that I was there with her, so I know the deal.

When I head back up to the house, I'm stopped by two people we haven't seen in a long time, Julia and Florinia. They tell me about how Adrienn has worked very hard to rejuvenate Reborn City. They give me TM Fly (for the Skarmory I don't have...), but I will need another badge before I can use it to go back to the city. Rini says I'll need Ciel's badge specifically.

Spoiler

UFzb09u.png

B) 

We hear a helicopter overhead; that's Team Meteor coming for the Sapphire Bracelets. Inside the house we come up with a plan to fight them off. Amaria is still not awake, so Titania stays by her side while Julia covers the rear and Florinia and I cover the front.

Soon the enemy appears

Spoiler

Jocv90h.png

He threatens us and demands the bracelets

Spoiler

O2qENHC.png

I wasn't even scared of you back at that volcano, so by now there's no way you're shaking my nerves of steel

After Rini and I dispatch the first wave, they try a new tactic to make us comply

Spoiler

aMdgwlr.png

j0X3gK1.png

Look I wouldn't even do that for Aya earlier, so what makes you think I'll do it now

Sirius seems to think I actually care what happens to that jerk Fern. As it turns out, Rini is equally willing to sacrifice him. Never mind that he already told me he's a bad guy.

When that doesn't work more enemies appear in the rear. Julia goes to fight them, then Blake appears and freezes the door shut. Rini and I have to face Blake and Fern next.

Vs. Swag Jockey Fern and Agent Blake

Spoiler

0KAno1G.png

The sandstorm caused by Hippowdon's presence synergizes well with my team. Lucario consumes a Dragon Gem to one-shot Haxorus with Dragon Pulse. Walrein does Blizzard, hitting Lucario and eliminating Hippowdon with a crit

a9TN2tP.png

Lucario's Aura Sphere puts Krookodile in the red. Krookodile's Earthquake KOs Lucario, then Walrein misses Blizzard. Torterra misses a Leech Seed on Krookodile (ok what was that Rini? Literally all of your other moves were better)

0viQ1Fw.png

Empoleon revenge KOs Krookodile with Aqua Jet, then Walrein actually hits Blizzard this time and obliterates Torterra

xmchl31.png

Breloom misses Leech Seed on Rhyperior (I thought you were supposed to be smart Rini...) Empoleon one-shots Rhyperior with a Hydro Pump, Walrein's Blizzard blows Breloom away

0r8PovF.png

Roserade hits Tropius with HP Fire, Empoleon does Icy Wind. Walrein's Blizzard destroys Tropius

Gd3Qxcr.png

Roserade hits Empoleon with HP this time, Empoleon does Icy Wind again, which puts Roserade to yellow. Cradily throws a Seed Bomb which puts Walrein to critical (literally the first attack Rini has landed, wow). Walrein, presumably having run out of Blizzards to nuke Rini with, picks Surf, which brings Roserade to red (Rini's Cradily does not have Storm Drain, unfortunately). Empy is finally faster, so Icy wind KOs Roserade, then Cradily finally downs Walrein with Rock Slide (we're getting somewhere now)

G6OaECh.png

Rotom moves first to KO Empy with Thunderbolt. Cradily eats a Superpower from Scizor, then hits Rotom with Seed Bomb

F5OXTjD.png

The time is now for my secret weapon. Cradily survives a Bullet Punch from Scizor only to fall to Rotom's Blizzard. Bronzong sets Trick Room

FM8fkJw.png

Rini is down to her last mon (!) but it's Ferrothorn, who fits perfectly into my strategy. Ferrothorn's Power Whip and Bronzong's Gyro Ball combine to KO Rotom, Scizor hits Bronzong with Bug Bite

2we8TML.png

Ferrothorn one-shots Weavile with Gyro Ball, which causes Bronzong's Gyro Ball to hit Scizor for negligible damage. Scizor hits Bronzong again with Bug Bite

STyyLZS.png

Mamoswine ignores Trick Room to put Bronzong in the red with Ice Shard, then Ferrothorn Thunder Waves Scizor. Bronzong's Gyro Ball hits Mamoswine before it falls to Bug Bite

DVQe0yh.png

Mamoswine Ice Shards Ferrothorn, then Scizor moves first since it's now paralyzed but loses its turn (since it's now paralyzed). Ferrothorn KOs Mamoswine with Power Whip, causing Metagross to hit Scizor with Meteor Mash. To my surprise it brings Scizor to red despite the resistance, but Scizor did lose some defense from Superpower a while ago

WBBqbet.png

Scizor is paralyzed again, then Ferrothorn one-shots Froslass with Gyro Ball and Metagross downs Scizor with Meteor Mash, scoring an attack boost in the process

LvP6f06.png

Since Rini and I finally hit our stride as a team, Fern and Blake are each down to their last mons, though they don't last long. Jynx is smashed by Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball, and Serperior goes down to a single +1 Meteor Mash

Luq98jy.png

rAzcPi7.png

I was worried when Rini basically gave up in the beginning...but then she didn't even get a hit in until she'd already lost 4 mons so perhaps it was discouraging. Once she stopped being dead weight though it was a smackdown (of course she had to send in a Steel type before the real fun started, I've taught her well :) )

Fern's got some words for his sister after the loss, which seem to shake her more than is customary...While she's distracted Sirius shows up to cheap shot her with Seviper's Poison Fang. After Fern ditches, Solaris is the next foe in front of me

Spoiler

PmnZy9j.png

And where did that get you last time?

But first Julia busts in and pushes Blake off the balcony

Spoiler

ckwT5dO.png
I missed you Julia

She then booms Sirius. Julia teams up with me, but before we can double team Solaris the dreaded Orderly John shows up, instantly making the fight an actual challenge again

Vs. New World Orderly John and Meteor Leader Solaris

Spoiler

YxiLjYj.png

I switch Lucario for Bronzong to avoid a quick loss. Electrode throws a weak HP at Whiscash, then Bronzong takes Superpower from Scizor. Whiscash does Dragon Dance

77dZAoJ.png

I don't want to set Trick Room since Julia actually has some fast mons...Scizor hits Bronzong with Bullet Punch (?) then Electrode hits Whiscach with Foul Play. Whiscash's Waterfall flinches Bronzong and puts it in the red (so no Trick Room either way it seems). Electrode paralyzes Scizor with a Thunderbolt, then Whiscash KOs Bronzong. Scizor loses its turn

gUMDh34.png

Scizor again loses its turn before being made critical by Electrode's Thunderbolt. Empoleon puts Whiscash in the red with a Grass Knot, but its berry heals half the damage. Whiscash removes more than half Electrode's health with Waterfall. Next turn Electrode KOs Scizor with an unnecessary crit Thunderbolt, Whiscash KOs Electrode with a standard Waterfall, and Empoleon KOs Whiscash with another Grass Knot. Truly a fierce battle

YbbJoTP.png

Tyranitar tanks Empy's Hydro Pump with help from the sandstorm it caused, then puts Empy to red with Superpower. Magnezone puts Tyranitar to critical with Thunderbolt (couldn't have used Flash Cannon?), then Kecleon KOs Empoleon with Thunderpunch while changing to Electric type

ZjoOkpd.png

Metagross gets revenge on Tyranitar with Bullet Punch. Magnezone then throws a now resisted Flash Cannon at Kecleon, which does not all that much. Kecleon hits Metagross with Thunderpunch, which does laughable damage

wkiX8w8.png

Gyarados hits Magnezone with Outrage. Metagross drops Kecleon with Zen Headbutt before Magnezone erases Gyarados with Thunderbolt (thank you)

HcKcUjU.png

Excadrill goes for Swords Dance, Metagross then puts it in the red with Hammer Arm. Slowbro barely survives Thunderbolt from Magnezone before burning it with Scald. However, it faints to the sandstorm

ETmvwLM.png

Metagross Bullet Punch KOs Excadrill before it can sweep, Magnezone manages a weak HP on Eelektross before falling to Flamethrower

E2b7khf.png

Mandibuzz drops Metagross to red with Foul Play, then John's Eelektross KOs it with Flamethrower. Julia's Eelektross hits John's with Flamethrower

5RsisBx.png

Lucario Aura Spheres John's, then Mandibuzz hits a Foul Play on Julia's. John's Thunderbolt brings Lucario to yellow, Julia's hits John's with Flamethrower again. Lucario's Vacuum Wave cherry taps John's to KO, she then barely survives Foul Play from Mandibuzz. Julia's hits a vey weak Giga Drain on Mandibuzz (apparently I'll have to beat Mandibuzz, Julia's sure not going to)

kAGBnHk.png

Lucario puts Magnezone to red with Aura Sphere, then finally goes down to Foul Play. Julia's Eelektross KOs Magnezone with Flamethrower, and with that John is out (So he only uses 5 in this fight? Showoff)

uLsrepJ.png

Magneton does Discharge which Mandibuzz tanks annoyingly well, then Mandibuzz drops Eelektross

7bWpJUg.png

Rotom here doesn't resist Electric (plus I wouldn't want to break the Air Balloon it has...) so Magneton does Flash Cannon instead. Rotom KOs Mandibuzz with Volt Switch

NWJPW6a.png

So Julia has a Bronzong? Respect (I don't understand how it fits her team though). Also, Solaris' Garchomp has grown exactly one level since last time, and it's weaker than Terra's...you should be ashamed. 

Garchomp picks Earthquake, which downs Julia's Bronzong instantly (It doesn't have Levitate? Now I really don't understand why it's here) Magneton has a balloon though, so it throws a Flash Cannon, which does painfully low damage (how does that work?)

bJVf8ve.png

Garchomp can't pick Earthquake now, since Rotom is triple immune to Ground, truly an unbeatable strategy. It instead hits Magneton with Fire Fang. Magneton does Metal Sound, then Rotom wipes Garchomp out with a crit HP (I'm gonna assume Ice). Way to pull your weight Julia

MB1OMGi.png

CxotzuA.png

That went surprisingly well actually. To think we even both had one left each.

Having still failed to defeat us, Sirius decides enough is enough. By now Titania has emerged to check on us, but everything is under control. But then Sirius decides to stop playing nice

Spoiler

VFbdTth.png

Umm excuse me?

So it was he who killed the Belroses then...however this time is different

Spoiler

8Y29yJI.png

Titania then has Excadrill bust the floor to flood the house.

Thoroughly defeated, Solaris has little choice but to call off the mission

Spoiler

jG0GVWQ.png

7YkIGxo.png

HfCLnP9.png

lVsuxpd.png

Know your place

So that's done. As if on cue, Amaria wakes up, having failed to die from jumping down that waterfall. Seriously, this girl is made of iron.

Spoiler

GwEf4ln.png

"Meet me?"

Hmm. But does she remember who Tania is?

Spoiler

pVIr5kw.png

Uh oh

One more test: what's the last thing she remembers before waking up?

Spoiler

Lut5vLt.png

This is not good

So Amaria's body might be made of iron, but her brain unfortunately isn't. She definitely has amnesia. Amaria is distressed by the news, and then falls asleep again (I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to let people sleep with serious head injuries though...)

Titania does not take this well at all. Amaria doesn't remember any of the recent events...and so thinks they are still a happy couple

Spoiler

R1Dcqet.png

Titania doesn't want to be stuck fake-romancing Amaria again. She decides to leave with the Sapphire Bracelets and figure out what to do next.

I tell Julia Titania has left. She tells me Titania's gym is in the desert, accessible from Reborn City. It's about time I fly back...but there's one more task before I can

Spoiler

veAVejQ.png

excellent B) 

I head back to the circus. Samson's been trying to recover Terra, but hasn't had much luck

Spoiler

HpXFjxq.png

or don't, I really don't care

To face Ciel I still need another Battle Pass

Spoiler

R2BQLFR.png

Where in the world do you think I could have found that?

0NJiRAp.png

dBeCoaT.png

;) 

I can now face Ciel, the graceful acrobat. I'm looking forward to this

Vs. Skydancer Ciel

KTQYet0.png

Spoiler

vWw5HPc.png

Bronzong tanks an Aura Sphere to set Trick Room. We hit a Gyro Ball, Air Slash does little. Togekiss survives the second Gyro Ball with a pixel of health, then hits with Aura Sphere. Ciel uses a potion, allowing 2 more Gyro Balls to drop Togekiss

3fs20Zb.png

Aggron baits Archeops to choice lock itself into Earthquake. I switch for Steelix, who has a balloon

ANjciOm.png

Steelix sets Stealth Rock while Archeops misses another Earthquake. Archeops switches for Noivern

YPjEfZY.png

Noivern takes Gyro Ball on the switch, and Trick Room then ends. Noivern gets healed, Steelix misses Rock Slide. Steelix sturdy-tanks Heat Wave, then misses Rock Slide again. Steelix goes down

0bAVyup.png

Empoleon takes a Heat Wave to hit with Icy Wind. A second Heat Wave burns, Empy's second Icy Wind puts Noivern to red. Noivern gets healed again, allowing Empy to KO with 2 straight Icy Winds since it is now faster, but she falls to burn damage

z7qhIht.png

Aggron again baits Earthquake, this time I switch to Bronzong

TRsNeoy.png

Archeops misses another Earthquake while Bronzong resets Trick Room. Archeops gets switched for Gliscor

RSxbpZ2.png

Gliscor takes Gyro Ball on the switch. Bronzong hits one Extrasensory, then falls to Acrobatics

XiMHvm4.png

Metagross puts Gliscor to critical with OK Meteor Mash, though it Poison Heals. Gliscor attacks with Acrobatics, doing exactly 1/3 damage. Metagross fells it with crit OK Meteor Mash

g39LGws.png

Archeops goes down to NICE Meteor Mash

TkB396g.png

Talonflame loses 1/2 health immediately, not that it mattered. Aggron's Rock Slide destroys it

OkmlWYd.png

I'd like to see your final act what is wrong with me

qc9MOei.png

Altaria Mega evolves, which would be impressive...except it changes to Fairy type, so Aggron's Heavy Slam easily squashes it

LkoiTxp.png

I would stick your landing I can't stop

This was the second try, on the first Togekiss flinch-haxed and ruined my strategy. But it went very smoothly once I set Trick Room correctly.

Spoiler

jMlvTvp.png

I disagree. Samson beat me like 10 times at least, but I didn't even need Magneton to beat you

Beating Ciel nets me badge #13 and the useless TM Acrobatics (the only Steel types that learn it are Scizor (which I specifically can't get) and Celesteela (which doesn't exist yet, if ever)).

I can now Fly back to Reborn City. What sorts of changes have occurred? That must wait until next time...this chapter was waaay to long honestly...yet finishing it made me feel almost happy for the first time in a few days.

Until Next Time!

4 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Impressive chapter, this one! Did you manage to beat the Fiore Mansion Raid on your first try?

Not at all. Fern/Blake proved to be more difficult though. It took a few tries to outlast them, plus one more to actually win against John (and Solaris) 

This journey is reaching its (current) conclusion!

Chapter 18: The City's Hero

The time has come to return to Reborn City, and the changes are evident the moment I pass through the gate. The rebuilt city has plenty to discover through exploring.

I went to the Grand Hall and was greeted by Ame. She tasked me with tracking down Victoria (haven't seen her in a while), Arclight, and Adrienn for something, simultaneously giving me a reason to wander the city.

Along the way I found my fellow prisoner from the Subseven Sanctum in a shelter. In exchange for tracking down his lost key, he gifts me his partner mon that earlier helped me escape:

Spoiler

BgfWQJf.png

There's plenty of potential for this guy. For now the team is pretty well developed though

After a chain sidequest, I obtain a key to gain access to the locked room in Shade's gym, allowing for some more changes

Spoiler

nCJk1V2.png

I didn't forget this guy, but  this is another who will likely be on the sidelines since it's same type as Aggron and Bastiodon

WEgVLEV.png

I seriously considered not evolving Magneton; I honestly prefer it to the evolved form, especially since I have Eviolite now. But it just didn't feel right to not push for greater power if I could, since I'm meant to be a master Steel trainer and all

OnIrlQJ.png

Might as well put this here too. This is more for appearances than anything; he's still yet to appear in the rotation but the future is infinite

I track down the people Ame requested, then return to the Grand Hall. Ame briefs us (well, me) about the upcoming mission. She's been informed there is still a Meteor base within the city somewhere, and a location seems suspicious: the Devon Building. She contacted Devon President Stone to inquire about the Reborn branch of the company

Spoiler

joeFi7F.png

He should send Steven to help us check it out, n-not that I'm a Steven fanboy or anything...

Ame gathered the four of us to help her investigate. I'm to go with Victoria to an underground Railnet entrance (Arclight is already in position) while she and Adrienn go through the front. 

Upon entering we are immediately confronted by the enemy, who happen to be orderlies from Sigmund's clinic. After beating them they let us pass, while ominously telling us were doomed to fail. I eventually end up checking the storefront while Arclight checks ahead, but Ame and Adrienn are nowhere to be found. We push ahead cautiously....

But ultimately walk directly into a trap and get separated. I find myself in a small room, only one path ahead of me...

Spoiler

NnT6I43.png

Lin caught us, and is now forcing an ordeal upon us

Spoiler

aD6MncI.png

w8LTrAa.png

Be7oYKC.png

I would argue this is for the sake of thinning our numbers, but we all know she does it for the evil, deriving pleasure form our pain

Only one of us will continue from here, but Victoria does not intend to yield the chance to destroy Tem Meteor herself without a fight. She's now being fueled by a desire for revenge, and it's made her a lot stronger. 

Spoiler

KsVOgmd.png

I can't afford to yield either. Good is not soft.

Vs. Apprentice Victoria V

E9bJjmf.png

Spoiler

yU6CPNI.png

Mienshao's Knock Off puts Bronzong in the red before Bronzong sets Trick Room. Mienshao then barely survives an Extrasensory before dropping Bronzong, but faints itself with Life Orb recoil

7sCeOJ3.png

Scrafty moves first, but Thunderpunch does barely anything while Hammer Arm puts Scrafty to critical, but it eats a Sitrus Berry. It's out of potion range as a result, and the Hammer Arm speed drop lets Metagross move first to KO Scrafty

ekGCWSS.png

So now every Fighting trainer I've seen has a Lucario, but then so do I so I shouldn't complain.

Metagross easily OHKOs Lucario with Hammer Arm. Trick Room ends

fgI4JrM.png

Metagross tanks Close Combat before the weakened Gallade falls to a single Meteor Mash 

xLEfIHt.png

So Victoria too gave up monotyping...This is actually an easier target for me though, so can't say it's a good choice (is it because it learns Aura Sphere?)

Togekiss goes for Nasty Plot, Metagross misses Meteor Mash. I expect Metagross to go down now, so I pick Bullet Punch, which removes more than half Togekiss' health. She actually picks Air Slash next, apparently going for flinch-hax instead of outright damage, a clear mistake. Another Bullet Punch drops Togekiss

xirgV1L.png

Empoleon misses a Hydro Pump, then Emboar scores a OHKO with Superpower

wn6AHpM.png

Magnezone's Discharge does a bit less than half to Emboar, but paralyzes, then Earthquake drops Magnezone to 1. In the Short Circuit field our second Discharge strikes with double power to KO

HH0c1aW.png

Metagross easily became my ace in this late stage, no surprise there...I have a lot more tools now in general to beat Victoria though so not a big challenge

Victoria seems rather upset about losing here, as well as guilty for letting revenge get the better of her

Spoiler

NrqnGt5.png

BnOmv9C.png

I mean you didn't though. Circumstance led to this, not your weakness

Then she gets zapped, since this game of Lin's is a punishment game. I have to leave her if I want to get us out of this mess, so I can't do anything for her now. I have to keep going...

Pushing onward, I run into another dead end

Spoiler

DYqjNF4.png

Arclight tells me he ended up in this same situation with Adrienn before this, but xe refused to fight, and was punished.

Spoiler

fKIOvC1.png

Arclight is not going to give up either. After all, if only one of us can continue, it should be the strongest to give the mission a better chance of success. Only one way to find out who's strongest.

Vs. DJ Arclight

l325S7Y.png

Spoiler

4XXQG4G.png

Luxray hits with Crunch while Bronzong sets Trick Room. Bronzong puts out one Extrasensory, then goes down to Wild Charge

VfSTdAo.png

Metagross moves first to KO with Zen Headbutt

s7Jxrs0.png

Zen Headbutt puts Jolteon to critical, activating its Petaya Berry, so Signal Beam does good damage. Jolteon gets healed, but its just an Ultra potion (?) so Hammer Arm KOs it anyway

0jHUJdk.png

Hammer Arm one-shots Exploud

0s05rnD.png

Meteor Mash does high damage, Noivern then misses a Hurricane. A second Meteor Mash is a KO. Trick Room ends

uF5Bi2Z.png

Raichu goes for Nasty Plot, then Metagross misses a Zen Headbutt. Focus Blast puts Metagross to critical, but we pull off a crit Zen Headbutt to drop Raichu

uDse8OD.png

AtgIFus.png

Oh boy...

Mega Ampharos tanks a Dragon Pulse, then misses an attack. A second Dragon Pulse puts it to yellow, then Discharge drops Lucario in one blow

6rsaALj.png

Arc uses another potion, then Aggron does Bulldoze. A second Bulldoze puts it in the red, then Discharge drops Aggron in one shot (forgot it has Mold Breaker now, oops)

SZWAqpp.png

I expect another potion, so Magnezone does Metal Sound. To my surprise we instead tank a Dragon Pulse. Flash Cannon then secures the victory

5RcZhNW.png

Yeah Metagross is definitely my ace now. I almost feel guilty...

Afterwards Arclight cheers me on

Spoiler

gegcLyJ.png

Then the floor drops out from under him...I have to keep going...

Continuing on I eventually come across Ame and Lin. I watch as Ame's (Alola!) Ninetales fails to KO Hydreigon (I don't begin to understand how that happened...) before it falls. I guess the implication is that Lin managed to 6-0 the regional champion with just Hydreigon, which is frankly incredible, in the sense that I don't believe it. Ame then gets executed (!?), because nothing is ever enough for you is it, Lin? Lin leaves, presumably hoping the gruesome scene will scare me away. I've already become far to jaded for that to work though...I have to keep going...

I reach a final room, where I see ZEL fiddling with a PULSE machine. This one is Magnezone, the very first one to be created, and the one which caused ZEL's condition. 

Spoiler

l8LnGqP.png

That's the general idea, yes. I came here to f*** s*** up

LZkxARl.png

I don't advise you stand in my way. I'm in a very foul mood...

yg09ucV.png

Wait what? How could she make us play this shadow game yet be sure I wouldn't be harmed?

That PULSE is going down whether you like it or not...

Vs. Meteor Admin ZEL V

D9vbDOU.png

Spoiler

zP88Ivu.png

Aurorus does a weak Ice Beam while Bronzong sets Trick Room. It gets saved by its Focus Sash when Bronzong attacks with Gyro Ball, only giving another weak Ice Beam in return. ZEL uses a potion, but there's no way Aurorus survives Gyro Ball this time

bap9l2T.png

Aggron smooshes Alakazam with Heavy Slam

TrpUtg3.png

Same for Glaceon, though this one is a crit

kZZ5yP4.png

Heavy Slam does high damage to Espeon, it retaliates with a weak Dazzling Gleam. Another Heavy Slam downs it

KzU9QHF.png

Umbreon hits with Foul Play, Lucario's Aura Sphere does less than half. Trick Room ends.

Lucario does Vacuum Wave to put Umbreon to yellow, then takes another Foul Play. Aura Sphere then secures the KO

uCzrbaG.png

Sorry Lumi, this is happening...

Lucario's Aura Sphere does good damage to Magnezone, she then falls to Discharge

98jm4bQ.png

Hammer Arm ends it

Ytv2ksR.png

BtNC7N5.png

...I already have enough guilt, I didn't need this

After the fight the room goes boom. The PUSLE machine and Magnezone are destroyed, and ZEL is distressed...or rather Zero is. It seems Eve and Lumi are not with him anymore...He's devastated by this development, and runs off to Agate. I have to keep going though...

I eventually find my remaining companions. They survived this disaster, but Arclight has lost an eye...

Spoiler

v6Nk1Wh.png

wuTdQRR.png

It would be less fun that way, of course. We can't hope to rationalize this sort of thinking

The mission was an almost complete failure, and in walking into that vicious trap we lost our leader Ame...

Adrienn carries Arclight to get medical attention as we leave the building. It seems we were transported to another building entirely after being captured.

I go to the Coral Ward gym, as Adrienn asked me to come see xem.

Adrienn asks me to help find more volunteers for the rebuilding effort. I, of course, oblige, and find 15 people. Xe also speaks to me about the future of the Reborn League

Spoiler

3XWD7c8.png

ThkAZii.png

Me? W-wow that's some high praise...I-I'm not good at taking such compliments...*blush*

L0uZJSE.png

I'm not sure I'm good enough for that honestly...I technically haven't even proven I'm better that Titania, let alone every other trainer...but there's no way I could refuse such a request

Before all that though, I'll be needing Adrienn's badge as well.

Spoiler

KMpP3Ms.png

Ptxex3m.png

Vs. Visionary Adrienn

NHGisiB.png

Spoiler

6gqMXd2.png

Empoleon survives a Focus Blast from Gardevoir, then Metagross one-shots Gardevoir with a Meteor Mash. Empy hits Granbull with Steel Wing (lucky I found that TM) for some great damage, but then falls to a Brick Break

bi4kzUl.png

Granbull gets healed, and Mawile Mega evolves then fails Sucker Punch on Bronzong. Metagross hits Mega Mawile with Meteor Mash and Bronzong sets Trick Room.

Next turn Bronzong goes down instantly to Sucker Punch from Mega Mawile, then Granbull hits Metagross with a weak Brick Break. Metagross manages to KO the Mega mon with a second Meteor Mash (it was green when I did this, I guess it was a low roll then a high roll)

8jqPYBR.png

Metagross' Bullet Punch and Escavalier's Iron Head combine to KO Togekiss before it acts. Granbull hits both with Earthquake

uwP56eq.png

Whimsicott does Prankster Tailwind to unveil a Fairy Tale Field. This field boosts Adrienn's Fairy attacks, but unfortunately for xem also strengthens Steel moves just as much. Escavalier one-shots Whimsicott with Iron Head. Granbull's attack puts Escavalier in the red before it is finally beaten by Meteor Mash

34djTjP.png

Since Granbull lasted so long Adrienn ended up with just one to send out. Florges manages to survive a Bullet Punch with critical health, but is then of course dropped with Iron Head, she never stood a chance

FydZUXV.png

I guess that makes one of us

I had a rare offensive type advantage here, but I still had to work around Mawile. When it Mega Evolves it gains about 20% attack, then gets that effectively doubled with its ability...its Sucker Punch could easily one-shot Bronzong and Metagross, and drop pretty much any of my mons that were damaged before facing it, plus it has priority. Mawile was the only one that presented a serious threat (another Steel type, of course), but it's so threatening I still had to fine tune the sequence I sent my mons into battle since xyr team has strong coverage moves to strike our generally weaker SDef

Spoiler

3cuOHac.png

Adrienn gives me my 14th badge, and TM Dazzling Gleam (not totally useless, Klefki can learn it (of course) as well as Probopass)

Spoiler

yyLntPF.png

Oh my...just reading that gave me anxiety honestly

3JxpGIA.png

Yeah I really don't do flashy

Adrienn gives me support for the coming trials

Spoiler

bJt93LY.png

Always a pleasure, never a chore

aBBux8m.png

Gee you're a real sweet talker, aren't you? Can't say it's not working though...*blush*

They've rebuilt Grandview Train Station, and the train will soon be able to take people into Tourmaline Desert, so that looks to be my next destination.

But as of Episode 16 this is the end of this run. Shoutout to my trusted partners who carried me all the way here!

Spoiler

hv3KXls.png

DRcXvG1.png

I still missed Drilbur->Excadrill but Terra has one...and Titania has one...so ehhh I can do without

On this run I was definitely helped by the Steel type's superior defensive abilities. That made it possible to get by fairly well without a big investment in EVs beyond buying some vitamins a couple times. But I never really got over that weakness to fast Fire types (ignoring the fight with Charlotte for a moment) or Earthquake, which appears on literally every team after a certain point (praise be to the Air Balloon!)

I kind of want to do another run, but I've not decided on the terms yet.

Anyways thanks y'all for reading this! It's pretty liberating for me to be able to share something with everyone, and pretty entertaining too. Until next time :D 

-Dav

2 hours ago, EndearingCharacterTrait said:

Anyways thanks y'all for reading this! It's pretty liberating for me to be able to share something with everyone, and pretty entertaining too. Until next time :D 

Thanks for this run, it was really fun to follow it. It was well done, good job :) 

10 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Very well done on your run! You made the last couple of battles look very easy to be honest :P 

Who would you say is the MVP of the run?

Metagross gave the team offensive pressure right when I began to need it; it was (naturally) the strongest mon on the team. 

Of course Magneton/Magnezone always put in work, especially in the midgame, but electric coverage never stopped being useful 

I have to mention Aggron, who made the battle vs Charlotte no contest, and Escavalier, who was stellar vs Radomus, Terra, and Adrienn

But really the most valuable mon was Bronzong. Its Trick Room gave me the edge in all the tough battles :) 

Edited by EndearingCharacterTrait

Trick Room is such an amazing move, especially when you're doing a mono that consists of (mostly) slow mons.

I can't wait to get the TM from Radomus (we get that, right?) in my ground mono so I can teach it to Claydol. Ground types are also rather slow

• 4 months later...

It's been quite a while since I touched this, but I do intend to add a few more chapters to this story~

But even before then there are preparations to be made, among them some new team members:

Spoiler

HtMuYfg.png

Maybe this guy will see some action, who knows.

tnAnWLa.png

Finally got around to finding a Drilbur...This one I don't really want to use unless necessary tbh

OZA3Niy.png

But this one on the other hand

For sure I'm going to end up bringing either Excadrill or A-Dugtrio (honestly it might even be both)

Dugtrio gets bonus points for having nice hair though

NIHWxH0.png

I got rather lucky with the IVs here, which is nice given Ice is a type almost totally absent from this team...until now

Either way I intend to catch up on training a bit before restarting this.

I don't know when exactly I will update this, other than "next year," but it will happen. So please, if you are interested don't miss it~

• 3 weeks later...

So, the time to update this has arrived (yey). E17 here we come!

Chapter 19: Trails of Cold Steel

Before we begin begin, there are some additions to the team (which I hinted at before)

Spoiler

616A9VS.png

This one became useful almost immediately

X29s17I.png

So did this one actually. 110 speed is not something I've had access to

BnTnrnh.png

Oh yeah and I made this

Now that I've recovered from the Devon incident and defeated Adrienn, my next course of action is to seek out Titania in the desert. Luckily, there's a train that will take me there.

rrci3Pf.png

So I'm off to explore the vast Tourmaline Desert. All alone...

While wandering around I come across something most interesting (honestly wasn't even trying to do this yet either)

Spoiler

wDT0aK4.png

Oooh what's this

As if that wasn't enough this is the first encounter in the Mirage Tower grass:

Spoiler

12wKuDe.png

A drill to pierce the heavens

As if to show me why I wasted my time training a Drilbur this just had to show up...and yes, I did catch it

lgTYJPs.png

Is it better than mine? Pretty much, except in the most important stat...but it has base 135 in attack so...the IV is not going to matter for my purposes

Also it's sparklier, and therefore better

I take some time to climb this mysterious tower and, as it turns out, my efforts are rewarded:

Spoiler

Sar5h3x.png

This looks promising

ACmNhng.png

Am I the "chosen?" Doubtful tbh

FtESbaC.png

EUnTFLX.png

XfSUZZ3.png

Wait this isn't cursed, is it?

The blade is of course a Pokemon. Whether or not it's cursed remains to be seen:

Spoiler

TINhZER.png

My team expands pretty rapidly this chapter

After yet more wandering I get jumped by this birb:

Spoiler

u3xOUac.png

I eventually reach this place:

Spoiler

dXfBI9B.png

I like trains

I must pass through this train scrap/graveyard...the sandstorm is starting to hurt my eyes, but luckily my mons are immune.

Spoiler

LDJANm8.png

That Shiny Charm really works

OWD9G5k.png

Oooh what's this

9VCHZfU.png

This is just...a lot of bloody trains, y'all

Eventually though I reach a small settlement. The people in Train Town are pretty nice-

Spoiler

bMpCIyf.png

Oh great. Don't think I forgot about that Magikarp-

onQUq6J.png

cPhPdqF.png

But it's miiiine

0m6KNJ0.png

uVVW5iM.png

Look I will pay you for the Magikarp if you want, I still have some E16 money to spend

So, uh, I fought Corin-Rouge...might as well cover that I guess

Spoiler

nQZlDYb.png

Yeah Klefki was gone the moment this fight started. (I couldn't resist using a shiny...)

zxXuA55.png

This is a Sand Rush Sandslash...which is pretty scary when your whole team is weak to Earthquake

I had Empy hold an Air Balloon to allow for one Hydro Pump, but that was not enough given the field nerf

gjDgE4O.png

Of course, my Excadrill also has Sand Rush now. And lo and behold, we're faster (but base 88 speed is actually not bad so)

mmsHebN.png

Now I don't remember exactly how, but this Cacturne manages to both survive an Icicle Crash and fell A-Sandslash. Sucker Punch was definitely involved though

jVCwRc0.png

Bullet Punch ends this though

7YU2VVx.png

Sand Rush

WMujmwe.png

SAND RUSH

EXCAKILL indeed...

But how would I stand up to his secret wep-

0EmCHuB.png

oh right

e95W4gD.png

The stylish defeat of a stylish phantom thief

So that's done.

Spoiler

EHl6rPp.png

PQX6QhN.png

Yeah I'll be taking that, thanks

The Train people tell me which way to go to find Titania, so that's probably where I should go next...or...

Spoiler

OLgNPJd.png

I have a Probopass that knows Power Gem...

A Skarmory that knows Tailwind...

And all manner of mons that can learn TM Bullshit, so...Wynaut?

At the very least it gives me an opportunity to make this happen:

xOhtwUU.png

CojaJKB.png

The sword of ghostly despair, here to break your meta

Oh and while exploring Teknite Ridge I found yet another sparkly Pokemon:

c3SdRJK.png

Shiny Charm

k6xaJwp.png

I actually probably won't use this one though...maybe because it looks rusty? I would have thought Skarmory was stainless steel

I check out Sugiline Cave too, because Wynaut?

STkIYiV.png

Gotta go fast

9p4InLE.png

It was easier the second time, luckily

gjz1ae3.png

Sorry little land-shark-jet-dragon-thingy, you're not relevant to me. (It knew Iron Head tho, so I guess it was trying)

Aaanyways, I think that's enough messing around. It's time to find Titania's gym.

t0JSSu7.png

They told me to come this way...but that's a lot of bloody trains

I pass though several trains. As I go, I notice the surroundings are beginning to change...until eventually:

Spoiler

RPq4f6J.png

Where am I 

gBwJDGg.png

I guess this is the way to go

UUxBRlW.png

I thought...I already did the Fairy gym. But Tania's aesthetic is fine with me too

After a brief climb I reach a castle. Let's see if I can get some more intel on this place...

Spoiler

DdrDZKU.png

Well hello there

wJxlN1M.png

5yNeiA7.png

"...right?"

Did the notes give any indication as to how?

VjqrBoY.png

"...nonetheless."

TKPh5MS.png

I'll bring you, you'd fit right in I think

nuGnedp.png

Yep

d2pGb3Q.png

"...it usually is."

It's your field too

I would know...how do you think I beat you?

O7SvOm6.png

"...offensive one."

WruyDKW.png

"...natural bulk will make that difficult."

Oh I know...that natural bulk has been carrying me this whole time after all

mWWHJOs.png

"...with your own."

I'm not sure I've ever used that strategy in this run tho

zu8Z87B.png

XOutX5Y.png

Oh stop it you~

E4jg1X9.png

I might need it

Titania's gym seems to employ haunted suits of armor as gym trainers...

As I progress I'm soon face to face with a somewhat unexpected person...

Spoiler

hYA5Hqs.png

Um excuse me

b9pgaMZ.png

I...don't want that

PTCmRVv.png

GUcFyfh.png

That's...not actually my goal though? I just want a badge. Really my goal would be to make sure she doesn't die fighting you; it doesn't matter to me if I get the Bracelets as long as you don't

YkfbAj3.png

XHXSZw6.png

DLhIMxP.png

please stop that

I keep going, fighting off more knights along the way. They don't all seem to use Steel Pokemon, but that Knight Rylin's Alola Ninetales seems particularly off the mark-

Wait.

Wait.

Spoiler

JFMzN1d.png

That was Ame's Ninetales wasn't it

I wake up in a tower after that little sneak attack, but I manage to escape. Outside I finally spot Titania.

Spoiler

UAtLH0m.png

Yes, here I am. Probably.

T3NaTDQ.png

DW3LYwh.png

52RaiKD.png

WQeLHcj.png

I mean...sure

7J063xW.png

XBaHqXe.png

ur6gazf.png

Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to

Yes you've done a lot of things, many of them bad, but I'm no saint either. And the real question is have you done anything untrustworthy?

I really can't answer that one with a yes.

QFAICaN.png

JAUhvHo.png

You're welcome.

I'm interested to hear about this plan...

Spoiler

dwVcYRH.png

2lPW6LP.png

Oh, uh, okay

3FDspvp.png

But I apparently will not be getting an explanation.

Continuing on, I enter the Belly of the Beast. 

Standing in my path is a fierce foe...

Vs. The Legendary Dragon

Spoiler

JX71irq.png

We have speed on our side (for once), so Dugtrio is able to put in a good hit with Earthquake before falling to an Earth Power

ktj8iQe.png

Bastiodon here takes a hard hit from Earth Power...but that, of course, was the plan all along

2dWNWHZ.png

Reshiram was much harder tbh, but that's because it got a Fire buff and a Dragon buff.

That being said my strategy would have been the same anyway

Having defeated the dragon of Ideals, I confront Lin once again.

Spoiler

NRgisiM.png

5WH0Jht.png

Because, like, maybe she actually likes me. I don't like you.

NzyZvzD.png

Z0fX6iG.png

If I have Metal Burst I can probably beat literally anyone

It's at this moment we learn what Tania's plan was.

Spoiler

8wnJU1s.png

Not a bad plan

622cGzC.png

hUPaa95.png

hjs7gSc.png

hmm

9m8PhWb.png

hmmm

2AljXjG.png

ZlxEW10.png

*slashing noises*

UcIRqkz.png

HZ4luFr.png

Ah so I was the bait then. This is acceptable

IYETvp5.png

D8zZH2W.png

hMMM

M0QZspd.png

That's nice

6WNMAz3.png

3k7ZnTZ.png

Sure, let's do it.

HG2o4Ai.png

uh huh...

At long last, it's time to cross blades with Titania, a Steel trainer just like me. I've been waiting for this.

Spoiler

7WdsBac.png

Swwgdfb.png

IuM0HcB.png

I was born ready

Even though she's in a good mood now, that doesn't mean there won't be pre-battle banter. After all, this is for the Alloy badge and the Sapphire Bracelets-

wait-

Spoiler

AJESszF.png

Wait didn't you just say I could keep them

EoUkUiP.png

hqVDi1U.png

6salJUe.png

We'll see about that

For reference, this is the team I used in the following battle:

Spoiler

sk5fKQ2.png

Bastiodon's presence on the squad should be a hint as to the strategy I intend to use

The fated battle has arrived, let's see who's the best.

Vs. Guardian Princess Titania

oOs0Z0I.png

Spoiler

swEZsTn.png

As it's Hailing for this fight, A-Sandslash gets to use its Slush Rush to move first...Dugtrio has to eat an Iron Head, which brings her down to red immediately. However, our Earthquake also puts Iceslash to critical. Titania would use a potion here, which allows us to get the KO with another Earthquake (Metronome never fails me)

QqG9T6y.png

Excadrill comes packing a Magical Seed, and thus picks up a first turn King's Shield and attack boost...I'm not dealing with that, so Bastiodon's first move is to Protect himself from a Smart Strike. On the next turn Bastio takes a Smart Strike which puts him to red, but, again, that was the plan. Excadrill is flattened by Metal Burst.

iZEybW6.png

Klefki doesn't get to do anything before being erased

WyfODDz.png

Mega Scizor goes for a Swords Dance, Aggron does some damage with Rock Slide. Aggron then takes a hard hit from Bullet Punch...all according to plan. Scizor is blown away by Metal Burst.

7tcUKYf.png

Dugtrio puts out a crit Earthquake and fells Empoleon immediately, a lucky strike

xr3jzPe.png

The final challenge...

Knowing that I can't touch Aegislash on this first turn, Bisharp goes for a Swords Dance. Aegislash attempts a Sacred Sword (which I expected) but misses due to our held Lax Incense. What I did not expect, however, was Aegislash actually being faster...Aegislash attacks with Sacred Sword again, and being at +2 attack allows for an OHKO despite resistance

YmImgvE.png

Dugtrio goes for Sucker Punch here, but fails, as Aegislsh chose King's Shield. A second Sucker Punch hits, but the attack transcends the Stance Change, thus Aegislash tanks the hit while still in shield forme...Shadow Sneak finishes Dugtrio

tmTaLlw.png

Aegislash goes for Shadow Sneak here, which to my surprise Excadrill actually survives~

One Earthquake ends it

RFoGeOm.png

I'd probably be annoyed too, were I the Steel gym leader instead of the cheese-flavored Steel challenger

That was a bit strange at the end there, I did not think Excadrill would take that hit with almost no investment in HP or defense...shows how crazy good it actually is. It's been a while since I cheesed a fight so much. I almost regret it...almost.

So I guess this means I'm the best Steel trainer around~

Spoiler

NDbRcPw.png

KkG9UZy.png

b2xENu8.png

This is badge #15, and it will ensure obedience from Pokemon up to level 90. Probably.

wN3iH54.png

Yes I said that

Not only that, Titania also gives me the TM Flash Cannon, a mighty fine prize indeed~

LUZqNtY.png

Tania please...Even I have a limit to how much tsun-tsun I can take at a time

But we are presently interrupted...by a most unexpected person

Spoiler

cQ0Ltco.png

Excuse you it was fabulous-

WAIT

8Vi6HHl.png

SI42Fvg.png

k3Qhkhi.png

qDniogq.png

No

YFYksFZ.png

Lin resists the Steel type, confirmed

I guess...we should try a wooden stake next time. What's a sharp Grass type?

6Q07duH.png

what

MfSxrUU.png

How is that not important??

hTH6yxZ.png

pXEV322.png

That's a good question

eYspN1V.png

F6wNNYe.png

Wait what? No? (I think?!)

ObpU2iA.png

No, she just could have said "he's working for me, even if he doesn't know it"

1O0QsSf.png

UVqIFG5.png

why do you know so much

NFrqKNB.png

r15Bki9.png

wait why is she part of the equation

fGI5JPm.png

wowDiBR.png

OMygYDr.png

We really don't

mCP0Iq4.png

pW14mq3.png

hmm...maybe it would be easier, but that's different from wanting it

We're left confounded by both Lin's words and her plot armor

Spoiler

DXoRXGI.png

uE2XcOT.png

Ml89mag.png

afCpeMg.png

lJAd4vR.png

B8PKNc8.png

NphaN6n.png

yes ma'am

TjqypwP.png

So the two of us are off to see Amaria, who is apparently in danger once again...

But first there are a few more things for me to pick up.

First, there's a certain mon to be found in Once Upon a Somewhere...a certain prickly mon that falls out of trees.

Spoiler

XamAPPD.png

I bred a Ferroseed that knows Leech Seed, because I wanted Leech Seed...whether or not that was actually worth my time remains to be seen

Also, I know I went through Sugiline Cave already, but there's a little something-something I should go back for.

Spoiler

WbUEtvp.png

Well lookie what we have here...Mega Aggron sounds like a winner to me. I mean, ludicrously high defense and an ability to weaken super effective hits? What could be more Steel than that?

Fun fact: Mega Aggron is in a 3-way tie for the highest base defense stat of all Pokemon. The other 2 are Shuckle and Mega Steelix.

And speaking of Mega Steelix...

pjIRorM.png

I think there's a sidequest with my name on it.

Until Next Time!

• 2 weeks later...

This is...a good idea, right? Right...

Chapter 20: Don't Make Waves...

So, Titania asked commanded that I go with her to see Amaria, because apparently she is Team Meteor's target (again).

But first...I have another errand which is definitely more important than Amy

Spoiler

K1IFeGH.png

So yeah, I made that happen

n98wLH8.png

6lz5te4.png

Arc seems to have mostly recovered, so that's good

Anyways, we're going to see Amy now. Onward!

Spoiler

eudehKL.png

Hi

xPh6Lao.png

It seems so

twjqd4m.png

dGKLmJZ.png

How did she beat me here

Wait, I didn't even slightly come straight back here. Also her Skarmory is almost certainly faster than mine

3N6lkcf.png

"...you gave me!"

That's not quite how I remember it going down

clhZr4U.png

bSuaKLi.png

I mean...you're 1st and she's 16th. It makes no sense to compare you anyway

j286ihg.png

In theory I'm not even here to fight her at all...but sure

gtCfOBb.png

Thank

6nS5Mk6.png

xupSSsb.png

I already thanked you

FPoKkHb.png

ZY587BN.png

I feel safer now

With Julia's sage advice in mind I head into the gym.

Spoiler

7X4FVvR.png

Apparently so

GSFEVjR.png

That's not why I'm here

That's absolutely why I'm here

fEEu3bD.png

That's ultimately going to be my reasoning too, isn't it

Gd9UgEb.png

I was there for that...both times.

Also I just realized this is the same Victoria that didn't want me to fight Shelly because she was upset, but is now fine with me fighting the probably-still-injured Amaria

XUTeA1S.png

"...thrashing she gave our employee..."

Okay maybe this is why

i5DTfdD.png

Sure I guess

DCbAo9k.png

p8FkuVT.png

Vicky pls, you've gotta do better

94GKltP.png

(Maybe you should just let Adrienn do this job)

AWyZfXx.png

GZxavw8.png

Nnk6eoW.png

"...kind of thing, so be careful!"

9T0JneU.png

xDTYcF3.png

"...Special attacks."

utXLMSl.png

I kinda don't though

Also most of my team uses Physical attacks so...

l4IGgrV.png

Qf5BTU7.png

gLZtzZ9.png

"...have methods to counteract those too..."

v9dVmn2.png

It will

vekBQwb.png

Thank

Amaria's gym is a maze of underwater passages, but with some time I am able to find my way to the arena. A gym leader is here, but she is not the one I'm looking for...

Spoiler

j0LfJ1U.png

Was it?

It was.

dnTHKhl.png

"...off."

WOQ7sf6.png

Nsg8Fi8.png

To be honest she doesn't even know me, but ok

CMvTfVh.png

I beg to differ

yzhA4Ng.png

bDCZcnZ.png

exPsPS6.png

How?

Water-type leader privilege I guess

zGgIx2y.png

4CzUhq1.png

tcQawzN.png

It actually does, but it also sounds terrible. This is why I'm not a romantic

dYpsoIV.png

JWYsU5b.png

wVXugGC.png

It works better if you have the right implements

U8EKyzs.png

Well, yes...but...

ulaHLZW.png

FnIdMId.png

Very well

So I'm off to find Amaria...

And I find her once...

Spoiler

4BcSCUb.png

So I'm told

yvvtaFc.png

I'm actually not

8AWhxN0.png

It actually can

MDZC0lg.png

WMzIHFi.png

A lot, actually

AqJqpHO.png

cA1yx8W.png

"...out."

ztwkwgg.png

Must be hard when you're already so good at swimming...

VVCSmT6.png

GkQGbqt.png

I mean...I do, but at the same time that's not the point at all

hxUV43K.png

Twice...

Spoiler

gkfuSTz.png

I am

WG0vhSn.png

IQbVhXC.png

fe1uKUz.png

mmmhmm...

W0DFNDq.png

V6jPOka.png

WQoUuSH.png

it's the indifference that scares me too

3BLAXYZ.png

uavXVb4.png

This actually is true though, if there's a Water reserve leader I can get a badge from that person

I'm not supposed to think like this though

0WCYcNu.png

Aya sort of did...

Corey did a little bit? Actually no, not really.

Shelly did not say things exactly like this, but her tone was similar...

Serra was not here either, yet at the same time I'm reminded of her as well...

f37Fyqb.png

tScJ8J9.png

Three times...

Spoiler

p6bXLn8.png

HFqsKge.png

I'm not like this...I'm only doing it because Tania asked me to 

FL2QFA1.png

I think I already know why...but sure, tell me

C1fZlRM.png

RWoZngr.png

WiFBM6G.png

Qy2dVK6.png

mTjLR3b.png

dCvi4gn.png

7Epfekq.png

qi4Mqyk.png

N4WT5YT.png

ePhaKPa.png

TzErrMt.png

(...I missed a frame in here, but I think you get the idea)

0eCzDDL.png

cMy5sWF.png

sPcNX1p.png

53Pxoby.png

...can't you though?

I mean...even if there was someone who tolerated all of my nonsense I like to think I would not have it in me to trap them like this, but maybe that's wishful thinking...

I don't think I could bear it knowing they were faking all of it each day though...

I suppose we are just different.

5GxI3tB.png

lhcQUr1.png

jH26nx3.png

No, but yes

0XcYlUL.png

I really don't need it right now though...

It actually doesn't matter to me if you need more time

9RMA5nK.png

Okay

So now we can work this out, right?

It would be nice if that would happen at least...

Spoiler

g9f03PB.png

Nw48wwm.png

Eto231e.png

How dare-

No, I actually can...you two talking is why we're here after all

hT7PCAz.png

bVU0y1V.png

XOrFZjR.png

"...keep them for your life."

xbNIngo.png

Say it...

aRj626S.png

Please say it...

1y2QQPw.png

She's not going to say it

ivZ58Bk.png

You can still say it

She still will not say it

vgVuMfc.png

K376mRs.png

baSmkg9.png

w0UtLKT.png

no

Z9MMoFk.png

No

Oi5hT9T.png

25R0ojJ.png

xBNQW96.png

You can still say it

c5oXCwD.png

She really should say something though

Qr2kWGC.png

"...challenger!"

XohiXXX.png

Now the moment has passed

3O151dF.png

Cbt22xg.png

WXNInqB.png

XTN0s4e.png

There's just...no way this will end well

jL1X9SE.png

I'm actually not ready yet

I need to make a few preparations before the fight, so I step outside...

Spoiler

yroGOWj.png

ubXEWhY.png

...can't you though?

H4h6l8D.png

"...her blood will be on my hands."

YnL8xoV.png

Yeah...

But I must question if that's really the comparison to be made here

EWaVNCD.png

...is it though?

7ADF52K.png

Whatever happened to that Meteor boy anyway?

55e3d5y.png

YaPbw5v.png

Somehow? Don't ask me why that didn't work...

oCjM8XU.png

JOT0rv7.png

*Guardian Princess

CI4a4pz.png

bETirHR.png

Not only that, she would say she's doing you a favor

8MCjvNl.png

QZ2XkRt.png

2TBOZoK.png

Oh don't you worry, I can feel it in the air

aGoI2Nw.png

tUD74X0.png

Tbh I still have no clue how I'm doing that

I don't like any of this either, Tania

So I'm ready for this fight now, I guess.

Spoiler

ka3uild.png

I don't think 'worried' is the word for it really

UIKtsWm.png

Well...

Unless they can't kill you, since you seem to be made of iron

eCgvl0y.png

Well...

I guess that would be an unlucky mistake. Or just a mistake...

v3NBXmC.png

6xtbsFR.png

It's 'no,' only because you haven't said anything that surprised me.

RczGvvX.png

ZRCEhNy.png

But I had to say it anyway, I'm told maybe one day it will be believed

dvxCF5q.png

6DJg2nZ.png

NOPNBTO.png

It's only okay if you don't bring Tania with you

Amy actually gives me a choice for the battle format:

Spoiler

Ogy7IQc.png

ANsoxvT.png

"...of challengers have their own preference."

gFtFnM7.png

That's why I'm going to decide twice

I went ahead and did both versions of the fight, for funsies I guess. Doubles was first.

RKbglp1.png

Spoiler

BBuyGA7.png

AHoPphL.png

I...don't know if I like being told that

71KllrN.png

Sure. Let's do it

c0xwUtX.png

7QZrbtg.png

"Have fun"...I'll try.

Vs. Flotsam Amaria (Doubles)

s12nwfS.png

Spoiler

J3dRRiW.png

Klefki is up to cast Sunny Day (so I can actually survive a round.) My team takes 2 Surf attacks, and both are brought down to red, but Bronzong manages to set Trick Room. Klefki and Bronzong both put out a couple of weak attacks, and are then both washed away (along with the damage they did)

woGAtoH.png

What luck, finding a Grass/Steel mon right before fighting a Water leader...

Ferrothorn strikes first to OHKO Cumulus, the Seismitoad, with a Power Whip. Togedemaru gets to move second, thanks to having it's speed cut by the Water Surface, Zing Zap fells Cirrus, the Vaporeon

n4scwWB.png

Ferrothorn's Power Whip brings Nimbus, the Lanturn, to red, Toge hits another Zing Zap to floor LaRaine, the Primarina, in one strike (he is strong.) Lanturn puts out a Surf 

CUmovNi.png

Lanturn gets healed (I guess that was with Blastoise's turn, since it did not Mega Evolve? I don't remember the priority on that), however, the potion is not enough to avert a KO from Power Whip. Toge drops ShelleBelle, the Blastoise, with one Zing Zap, which genuinely surprised me (he is very strong)

zcuvOdK.png

What comes after...

Deliverance, the Lapras, can't hope to endure a double target

9cPasXQ.png

I had more strength than I thought, that's true

So after getting destroyed a few times I developed a good strategy, and it worked quite smoothly actually. 

I also went ahead and challenged her Singles team.

irK4DMd.png

Spoiler

8T38Gvu.png

46HyAYr.png

awT2hpi.png

Bring it on

c0xwUtX.png

7QZrbtg.png

Right...

Feels like I'm doing the same thing again...why could that be

Vs. Flotsam Amaria (Singles)

s12nwfS.png

Spoiler

64fs9Dc.png

Pacifica, the Rotom, starts by setting up Reflect and Light Screen, while I use this opportunity to get in 2 Curses. Rotom then uses Volt Switch. Indiana, the Ludicolo, is the one that subs in...

h8QIYvZ.png

...but it switches into a crit Power Whip and faints immediately.

T4wcFQY.png

Atlantica, the Kingdra, is next. It uses a Scald attack, but then falls to another crit Power Whip. This was my hax battle apparently.

LUPnw0l.png

Rotom is back for more...well, not really. It immediately does another Volt Switch...

fIay9fq.png

...into Swampert (whose name escapes me...) That ended like one might expect.

OUtJ1vS.png

Rotom, part 3. 

This time it Volt Switches out to Wishbuckler, the Wishiwashi...

VXdBDkM.png

...who does not faint immediately. We have ourselves a battle again.

Wishiwashi gets healed, an effort erased by another Power Whip. Wishi then uses Dive, bringing the battle Underwater, before falling. Reflect ends here.

eYU0WKo.png

Rotom, part four...

Rotom resets both Reflect and Light Screen while Ferrothorn goes on to miss 2 Power Whips (I'm starting to run out...) Ferrothorn tanks 2 Hydro Pumps with critical health, but Rotom is finally brought down with our last 2 Power Whips (one of them was another crit by the way)

XMX06om.png

Am I? This has been almost all luck tbh

Lapras does Dive to surface the fight, but the damage is pitiful. Ferrothorn lands a Leech Seed, as I'm out of Grass attacks...I did teach it Poison Jab though, that TM was a nice pick up.

After the frenetic pace so far here is where the battle slows down. Neither of us have much attacking power anymore, and Lapras chose to buff defense with Curse. However, with the additional damage from Leech Seed Ferrothorn completes the sweep.

r5z2Ot2.png

Yeah...we went from red to almost full health...that last round was long

I actually had more trouble with the singles battle, even if it doesn't show in this description. By this point I had the strategy worked out, but I did not expect to get so many critical hits...

So that's another victory (victories?)

yey

O77T0QN.png

Thank

That's badge #16...my count is getting high. I gain the ability to use Rock Climb which I still don't have

Amy also gives me the TM Scald, so that's pretty neat.

Spoiler

hYBDZIm.png

K7kYERD.png

FpMaJyf.png

Is it? I don't think I asked you to pretend for me

58VW9Vn.png

I actually don't

So yeah...that's it for now-

Spoiler

Kzst4pQ.png

RYGO008.png

YvIaScl.png

NzQXczo.png

apparently it's not actually warm there normally though

GjWGqaV.png

"...there!"

ZifUwC7.png

OHZ1ZGT.png

drVlJia.png

I3zmgj3.png

down, sword hand

I guess it's not a bad impression...?

obf4IJJ.png

Okay

deqPWai.png

grjG362.png

It might still happen

eB2IOCF.png

wait are you coming with me or not

Okay so things are going down in Labradorra/Calcenon (again), I guess that's the next stop.

But this is the (current) current end...again.

So, ummm...

Until Next Time!