RedAlert's Grass Monotype [Previous Gym: Serra]

RedAlert

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jess said:

@RedAlert Wow, good job! I didn't think you'd defeat Corey THAT easily!

Good strategy to take advantage of weak Skrelp and setup Growths!

Also, I had no idea that Sucker Punch connects when an enemy is asleep. I guess it only has to do with the move it selects to use, regardless of whether it manages to use it! Learn something every day!

Congrats for your badge oh, wait a second and keep going! :D 

To be honest, it took a couple "practice runs" before I figured out that Roselia is an excellent sweeper early game. I was able to take out the first 5 of his team fairly easily with the others (Grovyle and Jumpluff) but always had at least 1 death. Stupid Skuntank..

Yes, the sucker punch thing is also something I learnt recently on my main run when my Lapras was asleep :D

Haha that is definitely a pity but thankfully, the level cap is 35!

8 minutes ago, Orasha said:

Corey in the house? I can't believe you referenced my favorite anime! :D 

But seriously great work, you really made Corey look easy, even though you were at a disadvantage ! 

Best anime 10/10

Corey was relatively easy, yes. I won't say the same for ZEL/Taka tho...

Aiite, time to get back on this. How's it going, folks

PART 5: Valuable new members and taking on Shelly!

First, admire this beauty:

image.png

Isn’t this such a lovely fella here, the IVs look absolutely delicious. I used Sandbox mode to generate this guy and got this on the third try whilst soft-resetting for an adamant natured dude. I considered cheating to get a Spore + Swords Dance Breloom right off the bat, but decided not to, since it takes the fun out of the run. Heh

Since Shroomish doesn't learn Spore until Level 40, I'll probably not use him for the upcoming battles. Call me brave. (Tanking those Rock Slides from Anorith)

Along with that,

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Yay, more grasspower

Heading back through Opal Bridge and encountering many trainers on the way, I went and joined in a little street gang. Since the objective was to make the game as hard as possible, and because I already joined the Aqua Gang in my main playthrough, I went with the Magma Gang. Despite type advantage, the duo were really easy thanks to rain nerf, only 1 faint due to an unlucky burn

Fighting Aqua after that was even easier ofc, and I soon obtained a Water Stone, which I plan to use on Mama the Lombre in the near future, along with the completely useless-for-this-run Buizel. I named him Ringo! But that's unnecessary info. On towards the story.

Going through the cave beneath the Grand Staircase gave my team a lot of necessary EXP. Gravelers and Sandshrews against my grass types? Instakill <3

It was soon time to rescue Victoria from Aster and Eclipse, and after listening to Solaris' blabbering about history of Reborn - which I totally forgot about actually, the game has so much dialogue, eh well I'll just skip it - it was time for an important double battle!

VS. ASTER & ECLIPSE

These two need versus sprites. Prior Advice: I'd suggest skipping over this completely since this is a pretty tedious and not very interesting battle that took place, with no real strategy involved. I feel compelled to put this up anyways since these two are mini-bosses of some kind. On the other hand, I do ask you to read the one against Shelly in detail, that will be real fun to read, I promise! ;)

Spoiler

Solrock and Lunatone are sent out, to which I respond with Kirsche (now a Cherrim) and Victoria her Pignite. I start to set up with Sunny Day, activating Floral Gift. Pignite Arm-Thrusts Solrock for 3 turns, taking it to 1/2 health. Lunatone then uses Rock Polish, while Solrock Fire Spins Kirsche.

Lunatone moves first and uses Rock Slide, which Kirsche avoids and nearly knocks out Pignite with a critical hit. A Petal Dance then takes out Luna.

image.png

Heat Crash does decent damage to Solrock, while Pignite is taken out with another Rock Slide

Fire Spin ends Kirsche.

I replace Kirsche with Wing It, my Jumpluff. Scraggy and Magmar are consecutively sent out. A Bullet Seed and Solrock is down

image.png

Magmar Fire Spins Wing It. Scraggy uses Payback, and is burned by Flame Body. Electabuzz is sent out.

Acrobatics then takes Magmar to red, while Electabuzz finishes Wing It off with a Shock Wave, while Flame Burst marks the end of Scraggy.

Sunny weather is working against us..

We send out Pothead (Gloom) and Hariyama respectively.

Magmar is Super Potioned while Electabuzz uses Low Kick against Hariyama. And Pothead is super slow even in sun, wow, using Acid. Hariyama then counters with Force Palm, sending Magmar back to red, getting burnt in the process.

Sunny Day ends. Another Super Potion on Magmar and Shock Wave on Hariyama, Hariyama then uses Smelling Salts on Magmar, doing barely anything. Sleep Powder misses.

Low Kick takes out Hariyama while a Flame Burst takes out Pothead, sigh.

I then send out Mama (now a Lombre) and Victoria sends out Kirlia.

Electabuzz Low Kicks Mama to 2/3rds of health while Fire Spin misses. Kirlia proceeds to Calm Mind while Bubblebeam takes out Magmar

image.png

Shock Wave almost takes out Mama in the next turn. Psychic by Kirlia does good damage while Giga Drain scratches it. Dafuq? I thought Giga Drain has more BP than Bubblebeam.

Low Kick takes Mama out in the next turn, so all that EXP is wasted when Psychic takes Electabuzz out. Bummer.

Well after that eventful battle Victoria takes off, meaning we have to traverse through this stupid cave alone. Though, not that I can complain about fighting Sandshrews and Gravelers. Victoria is then found comforting Shelly, and we’re then sent to find a certain doctor. Honestly, how hard is it to get a stupid badge? Why are we made to do so much work? Taking on two PULSE! Tangrowths, taking Corey on, getting sass from Fern and now all this work just for a raised level cap. Not to mention a stupidly OP Gym Leader coming up. This all be better worth it.

Anyways, on to the doctor, fighting the orderlies, meeting the weirdo orphans. We meet an interesting girl called Anna who surprisingly gives pretty good advice. I’m guessing she’s gonna be the center of the plot in the next episode, but that’s a story for another day. Gym time! Oh wait, but not yet, because this game absolutely loooves dangling prizes in front of your nose when you're not in any position to grab it.

VS. VICTORIA

image.png

I'm honestly not sure if she deserves this. Advice: Skip this too, I'm just a perfectionist

Spoiler

She sends out Scraggy, while I try to wing it with Wing It! Hahahahahaha kill me pls

Scraggy activates Intimidate, preventing a Knock Out. A round of Acrobatics-Payback-Acrobatics later:

image.png

Pignite is sent out. I've forgotten how bulky this thing is, because it takes Wing It out with a Heat Crash, after tanking an Acrobatics.

I send out Mama. After a 2-turn hitting Armthrust, Bubblebeam takes it to red. Victoria Super Potions while I use Rain Dance.

I abuse the rain with Swift Swim + Rain power and ram the FUCK out of Pignite.

image.png

Hariyama is next and I return Mama in favor of Pothead (Gloom). It sets up with Belly Drum while I use a Sleep Powder. I spam Acid until it takes Hariyama to red, getting Victoria to use her Super Potion. One Acid later, Hariyama wakes up and revenge kills Pothead.

Slash takes care of the rest with Leaf Blade.

image.png

Kirlia is up next and is taken out with a Petal Dance from Kirsche.

image.png

Pretty easy win, although I got a little careless. Anyways, finally we are allowed to access the gym! After an annoying puzzle. One YouTube search later, we're all set. Just before battling her though:

image.png

Leaf Stone is available right below Shelly, if anybody wanted to know.

My team for Shelly:

image.png

Alright, time to go!

image.png

GYM #4 - vs. SHELLY

Spoiler

Turn 1

Aite, here comes the fun stuff. Shelly leads with Masquerain and Illumise while I send out Victory (now a Victreebel) and Kirsche (Cherrim). After an Intimidate, Illumise sets up with Rain Dance, while Kirsche uses Sunny Day, changing the field to a Rainbow field. Victory moves next and sets up Growth, causing sharp boosts in Attack and Sp. Attack. Masquerain then hits with Struggle Bug, which is noticeably weakened thanks to the field change.

Turn 2

Illumise uses Prankster Rain Dance. Since Victory still gets the Chlorophyll affect from the previous Sunny Day turn (something I learned today, such a noob am I), it moves next and uses Knock Off on Masquerain, taking it to red and knocking off its Silver Powder, bye bye buffs. I can set up on this thing now, it's weak as hell. Kirsche then uses Leech Seed which is evaded by Illumise. Masquerain Struggle Bugs, activating Oran Berry on Kirsche.

Turn 3

Predicting Masquerain to heal and Illumise to Struggle Bug. I am right, but Kirsche is critical hitted and taken out. :/

Victory sets another Growth up.

Turn 4

Go! Wing It (Jumpluff)! Acrobatics destroys Illumise.

image.png

, while Knock Off puts Masquerain back to red zone. Yet another very harmless neutral-hitting Struggle Bug from Masquerain. Yanmega is sent out.

Turn 5

IHa, wasting Ultra Potions on the now useless Masquerain. I like it. After a somewhat stronger Struggle Bug from Yanmega, a combo of Acrobatics + Knock Off finishes it off.

image.png

Turn 6

Anorith is up next. Swift swim is activated, so I withdraw wing it in favor of Pothead, who can tank hits better. Masquerain is withdrawn in favor of Wormadam-S. Anorith uses Knock Off, taking out Victory. WTF I WAS SURE IT WOULD USE ROCK SLIDE. Cheater. Very salty at this point while also being very impressed with AI.

Turn 7

Slash (Grovyle) to take care of stuff here. Critical Knock Off from Anorith takes Slash immediately to red, but it is killed with a Leaf Blade anyways.

image.png

Wormadam-S thankfully uses a Psybeam on Pothead. Masquerain is brought back. Sleep Powder misses.

Turn 8
Pursuit does very little damage thanks to Intimidate and a Struggle Bug from Masquerain takes it out. Pothead tanks another Struggle Bug, this time from Wormadam-S and puts Masquerain to sleep. I send out Wing It in place of Slash

Turn 9

Acrobatics does the deed.

image.png

Pothead is killed with Mirror Shot. Go, Mama! Volbeat is out. My guess is that it will spam Struggle Bug.

Turn 10

Acrobatics takes Volbeat to half health. Volbeat reciprocates with Dazzling Gleam for whatever reason and Mama sets up a Rain Dance. A Struggle Bug from Wormy-S follows. Both HPs are pretty low at this point.

image.png

Turn 11

Ayy, Acrobatics.

image.png

This doesn't look too good. 

Turn 12

I use my only Hyper Potion up while Wormy-S hits with Struggle Bug pointlessly. Following is a Acrobatics-Psybeam-Acrobatics game until a final Acrobatics takes it out.

image.png

An unnecessary critical hit when Wormadam had only probably 1 HP left. What did I tell you, @Jess:D

Well, we finally get Struggle Bug from a stuttering Shelly, along with the more important Cocoon badge, resulting in a bump in level cap to... 40? What is this nonsense?

But there's only more trouble that follows, involving several double battles and escapades and being marked as a criminal. But all that, next time!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to offer words of wisdom and feedback :)

Edited by RedAlert

PART 6: The hunter is the hunted! Gym Leader Shade!

First off, let's introduce this fella:

image.png

Technician is her ability, so Force Palm has a BP of 90, hitting harder than Sky Uppercut now :D

A couple others to show off as well:

image.png

Not a great nature depending on his moveset, but I’m only using him for Extrasensory breeding for Roselia. Which will take a while, actually.

image.png

So last time, we defeated Shelly, who directed us to the Grand Hall to solve the badge problem. And guess who we meet. Hehh... whatevs, mate.

vs. FERN

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

That was fast. Fern sends out Roserade and it uses Extrasensory. An Acrobatics later, Fern withdraws it and sends out Servine (wimp)

image.png

image.png

What can I say? Wing It really feels murderous today.

image.png

Such a badass, don’t mess with this guy peeps, seriously.

Bug Bite-Zen Headbutt-Bite and this guy is done

image.png

wut y

I seriously wonder what this guy will say about us once we’re the champion, or at least gets to know what plans Adrienne and co. have for us.

Well, we have to fight Cain right away. We haven't fought him in a while, so I'm looking forward to it! Add the type disadvantage, too!

vs. CAIN

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

I thought I said type disadvantage...

Venomoth is up next. Grassy Terrain followed by a critical Gust and Acrobatics later...

image.png

Thrash nearly kills Slash, followed by a Leaf Blade, doing almost the same to Nidoking. Two rounds of Super Potions later...

image.png

Grimer is up, and I get Thorn (Roselia) out for this battle. I set up with Growth and start Giga Draining it, only to have myself Sludge Bombed to oblivion.

I think I'll have to breed Extrasensory now, will do once I get that Ditto (Thorn is male)

Anyways...

image.png

We're doing a pretty good job, aren't we? Self-pats.

Heather arrives and is terribly mean to Cain. I can sympathize deeply for her loss, but the way she treats other people... in any case, she does kinda redeem herself later, so whatever

Cain says he won't give us the key, no idea why. He’s not even asking us to help, so why won't he give us the key?

We chase after him back to Coral Ward, meet up with Heather as well, who ends up getting electrocuted by the evil doctor. Double battles with Shelly against the Orderlies soon resulted in this:

image.png

Dunno if it's just me, but she just looks super pretty, 10/10 would bang

Anyways, we're fugitives now in hiding. Though not really in hiding. You can go anywhere you want, nobody cares. If that makes sense. Anyways, Shade's gym is up next, which is what we really need, a new badge!

After going through the spooky af gym that is Shade's (I should tell you the first time I played this part was at midnight, and I was honestly super scared :P ), we come across the man/entity himself! Here's a look-see into my team against him:

image.png

Not too shabby, I hope. :P

image.png

GYM #4 - vs. SHADE

Spoiler

Shade sends out his Gengar. I send out Harley, my trusty Cacturne. Harley sets up three layers of Spikes, while Gengar uses two Shadow Claws and a Thunderbolt. One Sucker Punch then OHKOs.

image.png

Doublade is up next, and I send out Kirsche (Cherrim), who sets up a Leech Seed and Sunny Day. Unfortunately she is taken out with a critical Shadow Claw on the second turn.

I send out Tropicana (Tropius), who holds an Oran Berry. Continuous barrages of Leaf Tornados, combined with the Leech Seed and Harvest allows her to last a while, but Doublade and two Ultra Potions proves too strong for her in the end.

Slash is up next and faints two turns later, thanks to an unpredicted third Ultra Potion. Why isn't Shadow Claw missing (it should at least once because Leaf Tornado took down her accuracy to -4)?

Wing It (Jumpluff) is up next and sets up a Grassy Terrain. Eventually...

image.png

Bannette is up next and is no match for Technician-boosted, Grassy Field-boosted Bullet Seeds from Shrooms, my Breloom. First major battle for this little lady and she's already rocking it!

image.png

Trevenant is sent out. Wing It is brought back. Acrobatics unfortunately fails to KO and Wing It falls to Shadow Claw.

I sent Shrooms back in.

image.png

Rotom follows suit, after getting Shrooms to half health. (no picture unfortunately)

Bullet Seed is OP.

Chandelure is sent out.

image.png

ANHILATION. PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY GOD SUCKER PUNCH, WHICH WON TWO BADGES FOR ME. And no, I don't want to learn Pin Missile.

One of my easiest battles yet, and victory on the first try. Only problem was me getting a little careless and should've done my research.

Thanks for reading! Next time, we'll cover more ground and hopefully, I'll get the battle with Cal done, reeeeally looking forward to that :D

Edited by RedAlert

10 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

PART 6: The hunter is the hunted! Gym Leader Shade!

First off, let's introduce this fella:

image.png

Technician is her ability, so Force Palm has a BP of 90, hitting harder than Sky Uppercut now :D

A couple others to show off as well:

image.png

Not a great nature depending on his moveset, but I’m only using him for Extrasensory breeding for Roselia. Which will take a while, actually.

image.png

So last time, we defeated Shelly, who directed us to the Grand Hall to solve the badge problem. And guess who we meet. Hehh... whatevs, mate.

vs. FERN

image.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

That was fast. Fern sends out Roserade and it uses Extrasensory. An Acrobatics later, Fern withdraws it and sends out Servine (wimp)

image.png

image.png

What can I say? Wing It really feels murderous today.

image.png

Such a badass, don’t mess with this guy peeps, seriously.

Bug Bite-Zen Headbutt-Bite and this guy is done

image.png

wut y

I seriously wonder what this guy will say about us once we’re the champion, or at least gets to know what plans Adrienne and co. have for us.

Well, we have to fight Cain right away. We haven't fought him in a while, so I'm looking forward to it! Add the type disadvantage, too!

vs. CAIN

image.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

I thought I said type disadvantage...

Venomoth is up next. Grassy Terrain followed by a critical Gust and Acrobatics later...

image.png

Thrash nearly kills Slash, followed by a Leaf Blade, doing almost the same to Nidoking. Two rounds of Super Potions later...

image.png

Grimer is up, and I get Thorn (Roselia) out for this battle. I set up with Growth and start Giga Draining it, only to have myself Sludge Bombed to oblivion.

I think I'll have to breed Extrasensory now, will do once I get that Ditto (Thorn is male)

Anyways...

image.png

We're doing a pretty good job, aren't we? Self-pats.

Heather arrives and is terribly mean to Cain. I can sympathize deeply for her loss, but the way she treats other people... in any case, she does kinda redeem herself later, so whatever

Cain says he won't give us the key, no idea why. He’s not even asking us to help, so why won't he give us the key?

We chase after him back to Coral Ward, meet up with Heather as well, who ends up getting electrocuted by the evil doctor. Double battles with Shelly against the Orderlies soon resulted in this:

image.png

Dunno if it's just me, but she just looks super pretty, 10/10 would bang

Anyways, we're fugitives now in hiding. Though not really in hiding. You can go anywhere you want, nobody cares. If that makes sense. Anyways, Shade's gym is up next, which is what we really need, a new badge!

After going through the spooky af gym that is Shade's (I should tell you the first time I played this part was at midnight, and I was honestly super scared :P ), we come across the man/entity himself! Here's a look-see into my team against him:

image.png

Not too shabby, I hope. :P

image.png

GYM #4 - vs. SHADE

Hide contents

Shade sends out his Gengar. I send out Harley, my trusty Cacturne. Harley sets up three layers of Spikes, while Gengar uses two Shadow Claws and a Thunderbolt. One Sucker Punch then OHKOs.

image.png

Doublade is up next, and I send out Kirsche (Cherrim), who sets up a Leech Seed and Sunny Day. Unfortunately she is taken out with a critical Shadow Claw on the second turn.

I send out Tropicana (Tropius), who holds an Oran Berry. Continuous barrages of Leaf Tornados, combined with the Leech Seed and Harvest allows her to last a while, but Doublade and two Ultra Potions proves too strong for her in the end.

Slash is up next and faints two turns later, thanks to an unpredicted third Ultra Potion. Why isn't Shadow Claw missing (it should at least once because Leaf Tornado took down her accuracy to -4)?

Wing It (Jumpluff) is up next and sets up a Grassy Terrain. Eventually...

image.png

Bannette is up next and is no match for Technician-boosted, Grassy Field-boosted Bullet Seeds from Shrooms, my Breloom. First major battle for this little lady and she's already rocking it!

image.png

Trevenant is sent out. Wing It is brought back. Acrobatics unfortunately fails to KO and Wing It falls to Shadow Claw.

I sent Shrooms back in.

image.png

Rotom follows suit, after getting Shrooms to half health. (no picture unfortunately)

Bullet Seed is OP.

Chandelure is sent out.

image.png

ANHILATION. PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY GOD SUCKER PUNCH, WHICH ONE TWO BADGES FOR ME. And no, I don't want to learn Pin Missile.

One of my easiest battles yet, and victory on the first try. I got a little careless and should've done my research.

Thanks for reading! Next time, we'll cover more ground and hopefully, I'll get the battle with Cal done, reeeeally looking forward to that :D

Excellent job decimating Shade! It's a good thing you had Sucker Punch!

21 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Excellent job decimating Shade! It's a good thing you had Sucker Punch!

A very good thing! It was vital for my fight against Corey, as well! :D

19 minutes ago, Yagami said:

The shiny sceptile looks awesome.Very well done on the run.That gym battle looked really easy.

Thanks! Next up, Cal. :|||||||||

5 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Woohoo, Sceptile!

...did nothing during the Shade Battle, boo! :c

There's still a lot of battles yet, and it's still pretty powerful! I'm considering getting Swords Dance on Sceptile, but I don't want to lose my shiny T.T

6 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

And not too long after that, Poison Hell. Again.

Not really a problem. Just bred a Budew with Extrasensory, I have a Jumpluff with Grassy Terrain which solves a huge part of the poison issue, and have Weepinbell and a Gourgeist that neutralize Poison Damage. I think I should be able to handle it, haha

17 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Not really a problem. Just bred a Budew with Extrasensory, I have a Jumpluff with Grassy Terrain which solves a huge part of the poison issue, and have Weepinbell and a Gourgeist that neutralize Poison Damage. I think I should be able to handle it, haha

Don't forget that Sludge Wave turn Grassy Field into a Corrosive Field; none of your team resists Poison, so there's still a good chance you'd see that happen a lot.

Well, you've been handling yourself very well this far, so I have no doubt you'll get past Aya as well.

58 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Don't forget that Sludge Wave turn Grassy Field into a Corrosive Field; none of your team resists Poison, so there's still a good chance you'd see that happen a lot.

Well, you've been handling yourself very well this far, so I have no doubt you'll get past Aya as well.

Haha yes, I'm aware. I have thought of a countermeasure, I'll have to wait and see if it works out :D

And thank you!

Great work defeating Shelly and shade though your lombre  could've abused illumises rain dance with hydro pump like me  Aya won't be a problem. Her Al is a  big blunderer and I've noticed it's over confident with grass types. Her first turn is practically wasted if you use grassy terrain. Then you could destroy her with exeggcutors psyshocks and cacturne sucker punch no need to use much strategy here as she'll just destroy it. Good luck and cal will be easy with a hydro pump ludicolo sweep if its raining luckily

1 hour ago, rayyan said:

Great work defeating Shelly and shade though your lombre  could've abused illumises rain dance with hydro pump like me 

Unfortunately, I made the stupid mistake of not getting it through breeding and I waited till Lvl. 44 to get it. And then evolved it into Ludicolo :P

1 hour ago, rayyan said:

Aya won't be a problem. Her Al is a  big blunderer and I've noticed it's over confident with grass types. Her first turn is practically wasted if you use grassy terrain. Then you could destroy her with exeggcutors psyshocks and cacturne sucker punch no need to use much strategy here as she'll just destroy it.

Aye, thanks for the advice. I've always found Aya to be considerably tough with a regular team, so you saying it won't be much of a problem is quite interesting to hear... let's see, anyways

1 hour ago, rayyan said:

Good luck and cal will be easy with a hydro pump ludicolo sweep if its raining luckily

Oh it rained.

I made it rain ;)

[100th Post here!]

Disclaimer: Sorry if this post seems a little off in comparison to the others: first of all, this particular post has around 30 images that I had to insert in correctly; secondly, I didn't play this in one stretch, but at different times (which would explain the weather changes). I wanted my 100th post to be a memorable, extra-large one and I ended up making one of not that great quality because I was in a hurry to make it, something I deeply apologize for.

PART 7: Rejecting common sense to make the impossible possible? Defusing Cal and defeating Kiki!

As usual, I'll display the newest addition to the team:

image.png

The amount of soft-resets I needed to get a decent nature is over 9- yeah, 9. Just 9.

Well, with Shade showing us a little preview of what had transpired earlier, we make our way to the Railnet, where Victoria paces back and forth. (It's funny actually, even if you go and stand in her way, she's blind to our presence). She then directs us to Coral Ward to meet up with Cain, who jumps off on his Muk. Give. Us. The. Key. Already. Luckily for us, Amaria shows up, who offers us her boat, which is awesome, but for a price...

Investigating polluted factory #2 revealed Team Meteor's base. Amaria saves our life twice, I guess and she's a pretty cool girl but gets pretty edgy later on. Anyways, we come across a Ditto in the cage, so we can finally start breeding our male mons! But first...

VS. ZEL

Spoiler

First Pokemon up is Glaceon.

image.png

Shrooms OP

image.png

Victory also OP, takes Espeon out with Knock Off after a Future Sight.

image.png

This thing is a little bulkier, and ZEL uses up his Ultra Potions. Eventually it goes down to a hard-hitting Force Palm, after Shrooms tanks a Future Sight.

And finally, the one I'm scared of. PULSE! Muk is sent out, and it has the Protean ability on top of its bulk.

image.png

Victory manages to get two Knock Offs in but is KOd by Sludge Bomb. I send out Tropicana (Tropius)

image.png

Tropicana also does around the same amount of damage before getting taken out.

image.png

This thing has incredible bulk (although not to be compared with the pulse!s.

Well, events occur. Solaris uses his Tyranitar to Superpower a human being. Wow. He goes beyond this soon. Amaria then gives us the key to the Harbor, and we take the boat to Apophyll Beach and battle some trainers. I also finally breed Thorn, my Roselia with Ditto to get a female Roselia, and breed it with Marimo, my Nuzleaf (after a lot of grinding) to get a brand-new Roselia! Please welcome, Thorn's grandaughter Blossom! (I'm sad about losing Thorn but Extrasensory is vital for my team!)

We then trudge on to Kiki's academy, and are sent off on a mission to hunt for one of her best students, Cal the (apparent) fire master. This should be fun...

Okay, I have to be honest here. I tried taking on Cal, and I was able to take out at least three of his mons until he sends out his Charizard. Until then I had gotten somewhere thanks to Breloom and Lombre, but both didn't stand a chance to it. Once I ended up getting a lucky crit, but that Blaziken of his put a huge dent in my team.

So, I had to make a change.

image.png

But not until it learned Hydro Pump at Level 44, after which I common-candied it down to 39 to avoid overleveling.

image.png

VS. CAL

Spoiler

Cal sends out Infernape. Infernape Flame Wheels. I then set up Rain Dance and use Hydro Pump.

image.png

Charizard is up next. Hydro Pump unfortunately misses and it gets to Thunder Punch.

image.png

Next turn OHKOs Charizard.

image.png

This is abuse.

image.png

Physical abuse. Typhlosion is out.

Uh-oh, out of PP. Nature Power -> Heat Waves barely scratches Typhlosion. Hidden Power also scratches back.

I withdraw Mama and send out Shrooms (Breloom) who's greeted with a very weak Flame Charge, thanks to Rain Dance. Shrooms then Force Palms Typhlosion who uses Hidden Power, dealing supereffective damage. Eventually...

image.png

Blaziken is next. Not this monster...

Wing It gets an Acrobatics in before getting obliterated by Blaze Kick.

Sceptile is out next and uses Leaf Blade. Cal heals up Blaziken and OHKOs with no-more-Rain Blaze Kick.

image.png

Finally!

Won't say it was easy, but it wasn't that hard thanks to Swift Swim Ludicolo. I did kinda feel bad about abusing her, but Cal woulda done the same anyways, nuking my mons without even setting up.

We get back and Kiki is on all fours, evidently very ill. Drama ensues and Victoria is a bother again. People just love delaying us over and over again...

image.png

I like this battle. A LOT.

VS. VICTORIA

Spoiler

Victoria sends out Scraggy while I retaliate with Harley (Cacturne). I use Spiky Shield while Scraggy High Jump Kicks, gets hurt by it, and gets hurt again by crashing. Beautiful. Victoria heals while I set up a layer of Spikes. Another round of Spiky Shield/HJK/Heal/Spikes later, Scraggy uses Brick Break instead.

Sucker Punch on the next turn is followed by High Jump Kick, which connects and OHKOs.

I send out Tropicana (Tropius) The result, after a critical HJK...

image.png

Emboar is up next, and I send out Mama.

image.png

Heracross is up next, and I make the mistake of switching into Tropicana, as it is put down with an Aerial Ace. Mama is then Close-Combatted to death, and a two Moxie-boosted Heracross then proceeded to take out Jack (Gourgeist).

image.png

Slash is finally able to take it out with a Leaf Blade.

Hariyama is up next. I send out Shrooms (Breloom). Force Palm, takes it out.

image.png

Gallade is next, and I send out Slash for an ace vs. ace battle. Psycho Cut vs. Leaf Blade, what'll it be?

image.png

Slash is fortunately much faster.

Well, it's time to take down the Zen Boss! Our team for this battle will be: 

image.png

And now!

image.png

GYM LEADER #6 - vs. KIKI

Spoiler

Kiki sends out Machamp. I send out Blossom (Roselia). Blossom uses Extrasensory which takes Machamp to red. Machamp follows suit with Payback. Kiki heals, and two Extrasensories then take out this dude.

image.png

Gallade is up next. I send out Jack, my Gourgeist. Jack uses Shadow Sneak, with Gallade responding with Rock Slide, doing barely any damage. Another Shadow Sneak takes Gallade to orange-zone, which then uses Poison Jab, taking Jack to about half. Kiki heals while I use a Leech Seed. A couple of Shadow Sneaks eventually take out Gallade with grace.

image.png

Toxicroak is up next. I send out Tropicana (Tropius). Poison Jab takes Tropicana immediately to red, who takes Toxicroak to yellow with Air Slash, reducing accuracy. I sacrifice Tropicana to heal up Blossom, only to have it taken out by Strength in the next turn.

image.png

Sunlight takes care of Toxicroak. I send out Mama (Ludicolo).

Hitmonlee is up. It starts up with High Jump Kick, which deals heavy damage to Mama. Mama uses a Rain Dance, causing Rainbow Weather to be activated. Hydro Pump on the next turn unfortunately fails to OHKO and Mama is taken out by a second High Jump Kick.

image.png

Leaf Blade is a blessing.

Lucario is out next. I send out Shrooms (Breloom). Lucario manages to be faster and nearly takes out Shrooms with a Psychic. Shrooms then takes out Lucario with Force Palm.

image.png

Medicham is up next, so I send out Jack, the Gourgeist. A game of Shadow Sneak and Ice Punch ensues, until Medicham takes Jack out with a third Ice Punch, after Sitrus Berry activates.

Shrooms is back in the game. Mach Punch ensures victory in the next turn, and Shrooms is taken out with an Ice Punch.

image.png

Ace vs. Ace (although not really the fairest)

image.png

Sceptile is a great late-game cleaner.

Well since that's been wrapped up, we're all set to receive our badge and increase the level ca- wait, what?

Kiki: “Please leave me. I wish to be alone right now”

64f5b12010b2d4d2be28b4b9398e8364--rage-m

Thanks for reading! :P

Edited by RedAlert

8 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

I am amazed that Shrooms managed to take a Field-boosted Psychic.

I'm guessing Lucario has its Attack stat maxed out in IVs, and maybe a Jolly/Adamant nature? But yes, I'm surprised as well. Because I don't think I've invested specifically in Special Defense.

2 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

I'm guessing Lucario has its Attack stat maxed out in IVs, and maybe a Jolly/Adamant nature?

Iirc its movepool is entirely Special, so that would be weird.

On the other hand, Breloom's Sp.Def. is puny, so I guess her Lucario is just weak.

Just now, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Iirc its movepool is entirely Special, so that would be weird.

On the other hand, Breloom's Sp.Def. is puny, so I guess her Lucario is just weak.

I'll have to get back to you on that. Now that you mention it, I'm doubting whether it was actually Psychic that was used, it may have been just typed hastily. I copy-wrote that on Word a while ago...

2 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Right. It's not like I could have maybe noticed that if I had just looked at the screenshot again. xD

Anyway, that makes it somewhat more likely, yes.

What you should be more surprised about is that Shrooms tanked a STAB Future Sight from ZEL's Espeon, which hits probably harder than Lucario's Psychic? Less BP but STAB, so... I'm on my phone so I can't make a damage calculation, but I could later if you're interested!

1 hour ago, RedAlert said:

What you should be more surprised about is that Shrooms tanked a STAB Future Sight from ZEL's Espeon, which hits probably harder than Lucario's Psychic? Less BP but STAB, so... I'm on my phone so I can't make a damage calculation, but I could later if you're interested!

Future Sight actually has 120 BP as of Gen VI and Espeon has considerably more SpAtk than Lucario (base 130 vs 115), so HOW?!

PART 8: Meteor Shenanigans and Gym Leader Aya

Well, another rescue mission. Let's go find Cain! We reach Azurine Island, and:

image.png

Just in time before a couple of boss battles.

VS. ASTER & ECLIPSE

Spoiler

The duo, like always send out Solrock and Lunatone.

image.png

lol

image.png

LOL

image.png

Blossom goes down to Fire Punch before she can put up a Water Sport. Breloom OHKOs Rhydon with Force Palm.

Electabuzz is sent out while I send out Mama. Electabuzz moves first and Thunder Punches Mama, followed by another Fire Punch on Shrooms which she barely tanks. A Hydro Pump and a Force Palm fail to OHKO.

Both are healed in the next turn while Mama sets up a Rain Dance. A second Force Palm crits and takes out Electabuzz, although Shrooms gets paralyzed.

image.png

Mama takes out Magmar with a Hydro Pump, courtesy of Swift Swim.

Milotic is out next, Giga Drain half-healths it. Shrooms goes down to Hydro Pump.

image.png

Another Giga Drain takes out Milotic.

Since there was a PC right before Taka, a couple of new screenshots:

image.png

Sadly I didn't have enough Pokeballs to get a good nature and I actually didn't want to make the effort. Amoonguss is great but I've used him way too much already, so I'll use him only if I really need him in future battles.

image.png

Probably will Ability Capsule this guy.

So... Meteor again!

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Klefki sets up Spikes and is OHKOd by a single Force Palm.

Chatot replaces Klefki, Jack (Gourgeist) replaces Shrooms. Chatot uses Heat Wave followed by a Trick-o-treat from Jack. Jack priority moves with Shadow Sneak, doing decent damage but is KOd with Heat Wave.

image.png

I just love Sucker Punch

Gligar and Slash (Grovyle) are the new battlers. Slash Leaf Blades Gligar to almost half HP but is taken out with Acrobatics. Harley comes back and attempts a round of Spiky Shield + Sucker Punch before getting OHKOd by Acrobatics as well. Mama the Ludicolo is next.

image.png

Taka Ultra Potions while Mama uses Rain Dance. Hydro Pump takes it out

Cradily is next and Shrooms replaces Mama. Force Palm immediately takes Cradily to red while it uses Giga Drain(?). An Ultra Potion heals it and a Force Palm takes it back to red.

image.png

FACE PALM

Well, we rescue Cain. No thanks to him.

We head back to Apophyll beach/town and meet up with the others, and we agree to take on Team Meteor as a group. Victoria teams up with us. Well, thank you. Always appreciate free healing.

image.png

dafuq, double shiny

image.png

Well I'll use him a bit, not much. Just trainin'...

We reach the peak of the volcano, and Victoria tells us about her feelings for Cal (bleagh). Oh, and LOL. Anyways, following suit:

image.png

Sick burn, yo

image.png

I actually was excited to fight this thing the first time. Anybody else?

image.png

image.png

VS. SOLARIS

Spoiler

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Solaris has no chill

I could've gotten Destiny Bond Cacturne for this fight, but I didn't want to waste my Focus Sash. I probably could've thought up other ways to do this guy in but I didn't feel like putting in effort for it.

Well, after the obvious occured, Meteor retreats and we're finally back on track: the Poison-type badge from Aya. Not before a boss battle though:

image.png

VS. CAIN

Spoiler

image.png

Blossom takes in damage as I switched out from Liza (now an Exeggutor) for her to gain some EXP, but a single Extrasensory puts down Venomoth.

image.png

Same process, Nidoking is OHKOd by an Extrasensory after a weak Poison Tail.

image.png

Haunter goes down with two Pursuits.

image.png

Thanks for the HP!

image.png

Extrasensory is the best thing I've done.

After that battle, I spend all my money on Rare candies and was able to get 16 in the process - all of them spent on Liza because I'm tired of training.

image.png

More EXP, yayy

VS. FERN

Spoiler

image.png

Iron Barbs is somewhat of a pain, but Force Palm is God-given

image.png

Fun. Spiky Shield negates U-Turn attempts, and a Sucker Punch is used while Scyther Swords Dances. A Spiky Shield and a U Turn again puts Scyther at critical HP. Sucker Punch finished it off while Harley comes out unscathed.

image.png

Needle Arm+Spiky Shield+Sucker Punch

image.png

One Psyshock takes this out after it uses Sludge Bomb? Don't remember.

image.png

Extrasensory is a great coverage option for Blossom while Serperior weakly uses Grass attacks.

image.png

Totally.

Well, without further ado, here's the team I'm using for Aya:

image.png

Harley is a huge necessity with Spiky Shield and Sucker Punch. I expect Liza and Blossom to be the real MVPs in this battle.

image.png

VS. AYA

Spoiler

The much awaited poison battle.

Aya sends out Nidoqueen and Tentacruel while Mama (Ludicolo) and Wing It are up. Wing It sets up Grassy Terrain. Tentacruel then hits Icy Wind, which hits Wing It hard. Nidoqueen uses Spikes. Mama OHKOs Nidoqueen with Hydro Pump.

image.png

Gengar comes out. Acrobatics takes Gengar to Ultra Potion-healing point. Sludge Bomb + Icy Wind then take Wing It out. Mama Rain Dances.

Blossom is up next, (one of) the (hopefully) MVP(s) of this battle. Aya uses an Ultra Potion on Gengar while Tentacruel is wiped out with Extrasensory. Mama misses a Hydro Pump.

image.png

Aya's ace Dragalge is out. Extrasensory takes Dragalge to yellow, while a Hydro Pump does good damage on Gengar. A combination of Sludge Bomb and Dragon Pulse do the same to Mama.

Terrain returns to normal, the stalactites come out and fuck up Mama big time.

Kirsche (Cherrim) is up. Gengar is healed. Blossom Extrasensories Dragalge and takes it out while Kirsche uses Sunny Day to activate both Rainbow Weather and Flower Gift.

image.png

Drapion is out. I use Kirsche's turn to use a Super Potion on Blossom. A Shadow Ball from Gengar is weak thanks to Rainbow field who is subsequently taken out with Extrasensory. 

image.png

Flower Gift is crucial!

Night Slash however takes out Blossom. Aya sends out her Venusaur while I send out Harley (Cacturne).

Harley of course, uses Spiky Shield, while Drapion uses Night Slash on Kirsche. A Power Whip is prevented thanks to the shield and Venusaur takes recoil damage.

The next turn has Harley Sucker Punching Drapion while the two doubleteam Kirsche :( to take it out :(

Liza (Exeggutor is out). Spiky Shield damages Venusaur again, while Night Slash takes Liza to yellow. Venusaur is then taken out with Psyshock.

image.png

Harley Sucker Punches Drapion again, while Poison Tail puts Liza at LITERALLY 1 HP, JESUS

Giga Drain then takes it to 5 HP, maybe

image.png

GOODBYE POISON

image.png

No offense, but... isn't this like your job or something?

PS: Aya is a total otaku introvert and she totally reminds me of someone I know irl, to the exact same degree. Funny. Anyways, victory on the first try, which is surprising, considering the type disadvantage.

Another pain-in-the-butt battle awaits next with Serra, type disadvantage + stupid stupid stupid critical hits. All that next time, so thanks for reading!