Getting Down & Dirty With The Ground Type Mono Run!

J-Awesome_One

A young teenage boy who lived in Goldenrod City in the Johto Region. He’s a hyper kid. Always gets excited about the littlest things. But he knows when it’s time to be series. He also LOVES Pokemon. Especially the Ground Type. He likes being in the dirt anyways, so it just fits him. All his life, he’s wanted to be in his own Pokemon Adventure but he just didn’t know how to start one. But that all changed one day when he decided to take a stroll through the National Park.

Spoiler

Gligar is Quakez’s Ace and is the 1st Pokemon he’s caught. Gligar is quite clumsy and often knocked stuff down in Quakez room. She ALWAYS has her tongue sticking out no matter what the situation is. Sometimes when in battle, her clumsiness helps in battle but also sometimes doesn’t help in battles. She met Quakez while he was taking a walk in National Park. She flew onto Quakez head which made him laugh. They played all day until night was near. Quakez was about to leave but he heard Gligar cry and asked if she wanted to come with him. She shook her head yes, he threw a Pokeball and caught Gligar.

40.png.a65fbe5605be1096ed3fe39a596f3590.png

Nidoran was the 2nd Pokemon that Quakez caught. Nidoran is actually an old Pokemon but is always ready to fight and HATES losing. Nidoran was the leader of his group which resided in the Ilex Forest. He was a proud leader and always helped his friends when they needed it. As Quakez was walking through the Ilex Forest one day, he sees Nidoran battling a younger Nidoran and unfortunately loses which means he loses his leadership of his group. As soon as the group leaves, Quakez runs over and takes the injured old Nidoran to the PokeCenter to heal it. After a couple of hours there, Nidoran wakes up and sees Quakez. Quakez tells him everything that happened after his battle and offers to help it train to get his group back. Nidoran, being as stubborn as he is, at 1st, refuses. But after spending some time with him, he accepts and Quakez and Gligar help the old Nidoran train through the night. The next day, Quakez and Nidoran find his old group and challenge the new leader to a battle again. After the battle, the old Nidoran wins but instead of becoming the leader again, he decides he wants to join Quakez and lets the younger Nidoran be the leader.

41.png.898c35e1636faa53d53b06d5cc644e2d.png

Cubone was the 3rd Pokemon that Quakez caught. Cubone is timid. Afraid to battle but will for his trainer which he loves very much. Cubone is actually from the Kanto Region. Quakez was visiting family members over in the Kanto Region in Vermillion City. While he was hanging outside with Gligar and Nidoran, he heard a loud cry from the route above. They all ran and saw that a Cubone was being attacked by several Pokemon. Quakez ordered Gligar and Nidoran to distract the attacking Pokemon for as long as they can so he could rescue the Cubone. As Quakez was bending down to pick up the Cubone, Cubone leaped up and appeared to be attacking Quakez. He actually used Iron Head on a Beedrill to save Quakez. After that though, he fell to the ground and Quakez picked him up and everyone ran back to the PokeCenter where Quakez Pokemon were healed as well as Cubone. When Cubone woke up, he looked at Quakez, tears started to swell up and jumped into Quakez arm crying. Quakez asked Cubone if he wanted to join him and and Cubone frantically shook his head yes.

42.png.11c6bbad4698e83540cfead812ebfe44.png

Barboach was the 4th Pokemon that Quakez caught. Barboach is a silly Pokemon. Loves to play and have fun. Sometimes, he likes to daydream which sometimes can get him distracted during battle. Quakez decided to go fishing 1 day. After a couple of hours of no biting, he finally gets a bite and it’s Barboach. Quakez decides he wants to catch it. He sends out Gligar to battle it. But only after a couple of seconds of battling, Quakez notices that Barboach is daydreaming. So he decides to take the oppurtunity to throw a Pokemball at it and succeeds in catching it.

43.png.09348110eb769a832f4176cbfd7153a2.png

Trapinch was the 5th Pokemon that Quakez caught. Trapinch is just mostly in a happy mood. No matter what’s going on, Trapinch will most of the time have a smile on her face. If you mess with her trainer or companions though, she will attack until it can no longer continue or it wins the fight. How she was caught is actually kind of funny. Quakez decided to travel to the Hoenn Region and explore the desert on Route 111. When Quakez was in the middle of the desert, a massive sandstorm started. He could barely see where he was going. While walking to try to get out of the sandstorm, he tripped on a rock and fell and 1 of his empty Pokeballs rolled out in front of him. He looked in front of him and saw something. It touched the Pokeball and went inside. Quakez just picked up the ball and continued trying to find a way out of the desert in the sandstorm. He didn’t realize til he got to a PokeCenter that he caught not only a Trapinch but a shiny Trapinch!

44.png.6517a7bd97ea5f99ad611bb53c1cfc5c.png

Baltoy was the last Pokemon that Quakez caught. Baltoy loves to help out people or Pokemon. If it sees another Pokemon being attacked, no matter what it is or how many there are, it will protect always protect that Pokemon til the very end.
It was actually caught in the same day that Quakez caught his Shiny Trapinch. While still trying to find a way out of the sandstorm, he came across a tower of sand (which he later found out was the Mirage Tower). He went inside to get out of the sandstorm. While trying to wait it out, the Baltoy appeared in front of him. It could tell he needed help so it led him out of the tower, through the sandstorm and out of it. Quakez thanked it and asked if it wanted to come along with him. The Baltoy used its Psychic powers to lift up the empty Pokeball that Quakez had on his belt, tapped it and went inside.

45.png.c0b282a190252305e983e78d90e0f4fa.png

After a few weeks of being in the Hoenn Region, Quakez returned back to the Johto Region on a boat to Olivine City. As he was walking back to Goldenrod City, he walked past the train station and heard a conversation between two friends that sounded like they haven’t seen each other in a long time. The 1 person said that he had to steal money from people for MONTHS to just afford a train ticket to get out of that hellhole. He also told his friend how awful the people there were (except for a few) and that the place looked like a dump. He couldn’t wait to get out of there. This interested Quakez and he went over and asked questions about this Reborn Region. He asked how many gyms there were, if anybody runs the place, anything he could think of. After he got his answers, he went back home, went onto his computer and looked it up. It did seem like a bad place to be but… He felt like he had to go there. That he was destined to go there. That he could change that place for the better. He found the person who ran the place, who was called Ame, and emailed her.
“Dear Ame, My name is Quakez and I live in the Johto Region. I recently found out about this Region that you run. I love the fact that you have 18 gyms. Sounds like a real challenge and exciting. See, this will be my first real adventure and I want it to be somewhere special. But I also know that it’s well… I won’t beat around the bush. I know that it’s not doing too well and the people are mostly bad and the places are horrible but I know there are some good people there, especially you. You have to be trying your best to be bringing peace to this place. But I feel like… I feel like I can do something to help you out. To help the Region out. To make the region peaceful like it was before. Sincerely, Quakez”
A few days later, he got an email back from Ame.
“Dear Quakez, I read your email and I got to be honest, I didn’t expect you to sound excited about this. Most people would just see how bad this place looks, realize how bad the people are and not even want to come here. But I never get any emails saying they want to try the gym challenge, let alone wanting to try to make this place and the people in it great again. I don’t usually do this but I bought a train ticket for you to come here. But I will be on the train so I can show you the place when we get back here. I want you to come here next week so you can start your journey. Idk if you can do anything to change this place but I’d love the effort. Hopefully see you next week. Sincerely, The Champion Of The Reborn Region, Ame”
Quakez, surprised that he just spoke to the Champion of the Reborn Region, gets psyched up and prepares for his journey. Next week comes by real fast and Quakez, along with his Pokemon, goes to the train station. He waits for the train that Ame is on. When the train comes, Ame comes off the train and spots Quakez. They greet each other, talk for a bit and go onto the next train headed for the Reborn Region. They get into train and sit in their seats. Quakez looks over and sees a man covered in a weird black costume. But he’s too excited to wonder about that as he’s about to go on his 1st Pokemon Adventure in this mysterious and exciting Region.

Edited by Awesome_One

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jess said:

OMG I'm in awe... I love the fiction behind it! Now this is something I will do for my character when I finish my run too! Truly inspirational! <3 :) 

Thanks. ^_^ which Pokemon story was your favorite? I honestly gotta go with the Trapinch 1. xD

Just now, Awesome_One said:

Thanks. ^_^ which Pokemon story was your favorite? I honestly gotta go with the Trapinch 1. xD

It's either Trapinch or Nidoran for sure! ;) 

Haha. Well thanks. Took me some hours to come up with all of that. :D

I sense the fanfiction will be strong within your run! :D Keep it up! Great start and I wish you luck!

1 minute ago, Jess said:

I sense the fanfiction will be strong within your run! :D Keep it up! Great start and I wish you luck!

Double thanks! And I wish you luck in your run! Maybe after we finish our current runs, we can battle at the end to see who is better! >:)

7 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Double thanks! And I wish you luck in your run! Maybe after we finish our current runs, we can battle at the end to see who is better! >:)

Haha, sure! I've never really fought competitively since Gen I though (cable fights during elementary school breaks... ah, nice unbalanced times!), so expect me to not resist a lot... xD

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Haha, sure! I've never really fought competitively since Gen I though (cable fights during elementary school breaks... ah, nice unbalanced times!), so expect me to not resist a lot... xD

Lol. Ohh I'm sure you'll do fine. I barely ever do competitive battling either.

Lol. Ohh I'm sure you'll do fine. I barely ever do competitive battling either.

Lol, will be fun... Especially since I have no perfect IV mons! All you gotta do is breed and win... ;) 

On 02/06/2017 at 5:53 AM, Awesome_One said:

Well you got a Masquarain with Hydro Pump and a Venomoth with Giga Drain. Haha.

dont forget Aqua jet and cross poison on Armaldo xD

Also Fanfiction INTENSIFIES, good luck with your run

13 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Double damn! Haha. And thanks!

7 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Nidoran all the way! Also, why not adopt a Krookodile, too? That is really good...

I know they are and I love Krookodile a lot but it's not in my top 6 of favorite Ground Types. But if I were to do a Dark Type Mono Run, it'd deff be on the team.

9 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

Well you got a Masquarain with Hydro Pump and a Venomoth with Giga Drain. Haha.

7 hours ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Armaldo also has Knock off and Curse xD

And my Heracross has Rock Blast, :)