Pokemon Reborn

Amethyst

• Administrators

I think Dragonite's idea to flesh out some of the more 2-D groups (in this case, the antagonists) is a great one. In our reborn map, it was made clear Team Magma has operations here... And +Infinitas confirms ;D

So following that, combined with maybe a desperate vigilante normal leader, needing help from say, evil organizations, and at other times a crazed Psychic leader, who may hire the same people for dirtywork... I think everyone from last season knows where I'm going with this.

*Meteor, not Magma.

But yeah, as Slut mis-said, we do have a distinct original orginisation already, Team Meteor. Their original creator was Will in his Reborn-based comic, +Infinitas, so I've asked him to get back to me with character designs for the leader + 3 executives. Team Meteor's a bit more crafty than past orginisations- they already have Reborn in the palm of their hand, but nobody knows it.

Needless to say, the story of this is a bit darker than most other Pokemon games... But, it is fully charted.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Well, you've got plenty of time; show us what you can do. :o I'll also probably draft a few tracks myself, but music is definitely the one thing we're lacking right now.

If Titania's in, I'm in >:c

I COULD TOTALLY BE A SECOND STEEL LEADER AND THE GYM BATTLES COULD BE MULTI BATTLES

YES

DO IT

THE LESSER AUTH COULD BE PARTNERS OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS AND BATTLE TWO LEADERS OF THE SAME TYPE OR THE LEADER AND ANOTHER SIGNIFICANT PERSON

MY IDEA MAKES SENSE

IF I KEEP TYPING IN ALL CAPS, PEOPLE WILL THINK I'M SMART

No but seriously, failing that ^ I agree with Owen in that unused leaders could still contribute to the story, possibly moreso than the current leaders.

Bullet could definitely be the "Red" of the game, fitting because he left Reborn eventually and was replaced by that loser panda reject :c

1. I like the idea of auth being partners for segments of the game. I was thinking that auth would translate very well into being Law Enforcement members. The main character would have to defeat them in battle to earn their respect and be allowed into dangerous areas to continue investigation of Team Meteor.

2. As far as the leaders go, if you haven't decided which ones to use yet... well, if you're using more of the old leaders, the 'new' leaders...

,,,, gah, have to go. work to do. I'll be back to finish this later.

Boo.

Each leader's type counterpart needs to be either related to them, or knows them and has their own side quest. Someone also needs to have died or something to make the story all dramatic. (cough Radomus/Elias ASHDFUSDHFJDHFSD cough)

But yeah, I can see leaders being apart of side quests as a very enjoyable thing, so let's make it happen, shall you? c: Also, Terra needs to be the sekrit champion or something, and I need to be in there since she has my children, and all that. Children can't be without a father, Ame. Spare them, please. c;

Point of advice, if you haven't already considered it. Do the main story line stuff first with only a couple side quests. If you try to do too much content at once it could take too long to make, or if there's a bug you'd have to fix it in all the places rather than having a known fix before adding new parts. You can always release updated versions or patches and such once the full game is ready.

Point of advice, if you haven't already considered it. Do the main story line stuff first with only a couple side quests. If you try to do too much content at once it could take too long to make, or if there's a bug you'd have to fix it in all the places rather than having a known fix before adding new parts. You can always release updated versions or patches and such once the full game is ready.

I like this. As well, if you don't want to incorporate so many side quests (considering the amount of leaders that won't be in the game's main story) just incorporate them as like inteacting with you in the main story, such as how Wally was with you at the beginning of Emerald (he did something before you could do anything with the first gym, etc) I would give examples, but... too hard to think of one.

• Administrators

I'm actually just curious as to how you intend to combine the +Infinitas aspect of Team Meteor with the existing story of the Reborn Leaders... Sounds like a lot of work. :c

Side quests are generally most prevalent post-game, so, there's a lot of things he can do with them at that point. The question is when "post-game" starts, and a relative difficulty level.

I say each gym be a duo gym. two parts of a badge

This is probably one of the best ideas I've heard for anything ever

Also hell, Amethyst, if you need any kind of +Infinitas spritework/other info, just hit me up.

• Administrators

Kay, three things:

1. Because everyone wants to know where their place in the game is going to be, let me make this clear: Users are not a part of the main story. Y'all can be regular trainers, but the main story is dedicated to the Reborn Leaders/Meteor. I exist as the professor, but I have every intention of dying for the rest of the game after that. (not literally >>)

2. Sidequests will take place during the X-League. They'll be how people get Legendaries. However, that means they won't be in for quite a while, so hold your horises.

3. Ice brought something up. Apparently, there's already an Agate Village in the Gamecube Pokemon games. After further research, I found that the places in the Orre region are named after geologic features (whereas Reborn's names are based off of crystals), they both share a desert with sparse population, and in fact, the location of the Agate Town/Village places are such that... it makes sense to say that Reborn borders the Orre region, with Agate being in between them. There may or may not have been a time lapse. Orre may have collapsed when Reborn began to thrive. I'm not going to worry about that too much in the story though.

• Administrators

1) Blew off my comment :c (or at least made me more curious as to how you'll do it, knowing none of us will take part in it..)

2) So can we assume X-League is "post-game"?

3) ...That's brilliant. It could also explain the general absence of Wild Pokemon in Reborn (at least, in the city), because the same is true for Orre...

Also how did you not know there was an Agate Village in Orre? It was like... one of the most important places in Colosseum ._.

THE most important place in the Colosseum games. <_<

Anyway, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so Reborn borders Orre on the West side, since that's where Agate is? Sounds cool, man... and as for your side quest comment, still needs leaders having subtle appearances mid-story~!

It's crazy...

I got the inspiration to make the Reborn region low on wild encounters from Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.

The border idea actually fits in pretty well. Geographically it's a bit meh with how the Orre region is layed out, but I'm sure you can work around that.

• Administrators

I realised afterwards I mixed up Spinel and Agate town. OH WELL.

>>

<<

Anyway, Sir William, when thou gettest the chance couldst thou also be a dear and maketh 3rd gen style overworld sprites for Team Meteor, particularly the grunts? I'm going to start working on their first event in a couple days

Anyway, Sir William, when thou gettest the chance couldst thou also be a dear and maketh 3rd gen style overworld sprites for Team Meteor, particularly the grunts? I'm going to start working on their first event in a couple days

No prob, boss. Here you go.

Meteor Grunt:

MeteorGruntOverworld3G.png

Meteor Grunt F:

MeteorGruntFOverworld3G.png

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you'll do the back/profile/in-motion views based off of these front-views.

Edited by SF™ Inc.

• Administrators

Aha, that's exactly the part I was hoping to avoid doing. Fiiine, I won't be lazy. Got them done based off of those. I'll need those for the executives, too, naturally.

Seeing as how leaders is an issue:

tumblr_lqz9k71fNG1qhqc6no1_250.gif

why not just have this season as the normal league, then the original leaders as the X-league?

tumblr_lqz9k71fNG1qhqc6no2_250.gif

Then throw in little sidequests within the story, and the big ones after.