P.S.S. "The Legend Of The Primal Keys"::Ch.2 b- Desolation [IC]

Sutoratosu

• Support Squad

Darius simply looked at the newer Stratos, who had, as Darius understood it, committed a twisted form of suicide.

"Well, maybe you should get sorted before you do anything else?" He said gently to the new stratos.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time travel? 400 years? flying drakes? underground city?"Yes, freaky shit indeed" Gideon said to the Magistrate,and tries to comprehend things. "Is he lost or something? i mean nobody wants him in this present time. why go through all the trouble?"

Zolivar couldn't help but notice the pulsing blue light coming from the ceiling. He caught his breath, finally, and decided to bring it up,

"Ey, did any of ya notice the blue pulsing light? Anyway side thought, what if this Stratos is from the past and if that's true if we kill him wouldn't our Stratos fade out of existence? So we should find a way to NOT kill him and try to send him back. But yea the blue light that was a thing." Zolivar said ranting on.

Edited by EXLink32

"I have a feeling it isn't that Simple, Sir Zol. It can't be that cut and dry." Sinbad said. "But I recommend we don't act rashly. If we do something stupid now we may not have a chance to repair it later. We need to figure out exactly what we are dealing with, before we do anything with this here Stratos or any Stratos for that matter. Oh and what light?" SInbad continued. He placed his hand to his brow as he scanned around for the light Zol was talking about. He saw it, and he squinted to get a good look at it. Hopefully his sharp eyes could detect something the others couldn't.

What Sinbad saw when he focused his superior vision on the light... was indeed a massive pillar of crystal. It descended from the ceiling all the way down to street level; the entire city seemed to be structurally anchored and laid out around it's base. And within this pillar, from where the light emanated, there was a small hole... large enough for someone to have been sleeping in it if they were standing upright. there were shards and broken pieces of the crystal lying strewn on the ancient cobblestones... as if something or someone had burst out of it or been released. The street was glittering with tiny specks of blue light... they were smaller fragments of crystal, and left a trail from the crystal all the way down the street to where the quartet was... and if Sinbad looked over at Stratos, he would see the same blue, glittering specks all over his hair and armor and black cloak... as well as on the ground around his feet... the trail led to him; or rather, had been left by him.

"Stratos, when you awoke.....were you entrapped in that crystal?" Sinbad asked the man as he pointed it out. "Were you sealed there? Perhaps that is how you are alive after all this time and maybe, just maybe, you didn't travel trough time, but merely lived through it, in that crystal. But you weren't released until now. Do you remember anything?"

"A...Awake? what are you talking about...?" Stratos asked. "How could I have awaken if I never went to sleep in the first place? I've already told you... I was establishing the plan of attack... and then the next thing I remember is blackness... and then this... doppelganger here was trying to kill me..." he looked up at the group as he placed his pualdrons and cloak back on.

"And who are you people?" he demanded. "I've never met any of you before... and yet you speak as though we've spoken at length in the past." Boho looked up to the roof tops around the area as the group continued the conversation... something was going on... sounded like there was a bunch of snakes nearby or something...

"Hey," he called, interrupting the discussion. "Any of you all notice that hissing sound?" the sound he was referring to stopped suddenly a few seconds after though...

On a roof top overlooking the quartet...

"Damn it..." Marcelos cursed under his breath. "I had hoped that the copy would suffice to put an end to this mess... but not only did he fail against Rossephus, but also went and had this happen..." He shook his head in disappointment as he sat down on the ancient, flat roof... he was honestly at a loss as to what to do now. Up until he had finally decided to take greater actions in intervention in Rosse's plotting in this world, Stratos had been his brother's High Champion via his allegiance to Azuaqyar... Marcelos had seen an opportunity in that.

"I should have hidden the damn original better..." he said, criticizing himself. "Though... at the time, one had to admit, it was highly unlikely that anyone would've ever found this place again... and of course that got completely jinxed and became almost certain to happen... even with those damned snake sentries...And now I'm faced with the same issue I was all those years ago; what to do with Stratos Valgiri... the youngest son of his household and the youngest fool to ever become the puppet's head lackie..."

"You could alwaysssss make another copy, my lord..." Hissed a voice behind him.

​ "Yesssssss, my liege... " another one hissed. "simple as sealing him in again and doing it over..." the young man glanced over his shoulder, finding the two naga warriors he'd brought along from their post awaiting behind him at attention...

"it is not that simple, you fools..." he scolded. "and did I not tell you and your people to guard this city and scare away any who stumbled upon it? how is it that you think to explain this failure to me? well?"

one of the Naga's shifted on his scaled feet, glancing at his comrade nervously with his serpentine eyes. The Naga were a long forgotten race, one hailing back from legends and tales long before even the Namorian empire reigned... They resembled men, most of them... albeit men who had legs and feet covered in serpent scales and eyes like that of a reptilian creature... and a forked tongue and set of fangs that could inject posion so potent that one drop was enough to kill ten people. Their numbers had dwindled over the millennia, ever since they'd left the surface world to hide underground, having made a pact with mankind... one that the hairless apes had forgotten just a few decades after, but that the scaled apes had not. The tribes had all but died off now; living under the earth's crust was too harsh... but not once had they ever tried to break the treaty. not once had they tried to save themselves by going above ground and quarreling with mankind again... even though they were dying because of a promise, they did not break their word. They had integrity, this race, that much was for sure. And this integrity is what had drawn Marcelos's attention to them...and every one of the forty surviving Nagas knew that he was their only hope to continue on in this world.

"Thissss my fault, my liege..." one of the warriors admitted. "I went away to inssspect the prissson for a few momentssss... and thossse two explorersss mussst have found their way passst the perimeter... and then they in turn led that fire drake here... and that Drake left the copy and went off ssssomewhere... and thusss we've the sssituation that liesss before usss. Pleassse sir... mercy on my people; punisssh only me for thisss... twasss my error, and my error alone..."

Marcelos said nothing in response.

"Sssir?" the other soldier asked cautiously, anticipating the wrath of god to be brought upon them in a few seconds...

"There will be no punishment..." Marcelos finally sighed. "Not to you or your people... perhaps we can use this our advantage..."

"Oh, thank you, lord, thank you!" One of the soldiers hissed. "Thine Mercy knowsss no boundsss! thine benevolence tisss gre-"

Down below a voice interrupted the naga's praising speech.

"Hey, Any of you all notice that hissing sound?"

"Shit..." Marcelos again cursed. "Both of you, get down, now. And shut your mouths, else they'll hear us." the soldiers did as he ordered, and the young man soon joined them, lying on his stomach on the roof top. he peered out over the lip of the building, maintaining a visual on the travelers... though a skilled sniper would be able to easily spot him there...

• Support Squad

"Whatever it was, I doubt it was much of a threat. I imagine snakes are fairly common around here" Darius said with a dismissive wave of his hand. He turned to address the newer Stratos. "I realise a strangers word means next to nothing to you right now, but I swear on my honor as a Knight that we mean you no harm" As he spoke, he resolved to help this new man get to the bottom of his predicament.

"That may all be well and good..." Stratos replied to Darius. "But one can't help but be suspicious when strangers seem to try to dance around answering when asked for their names...wait...no...can it...?" he looked around at the city, taking in the surreal surroundings, the ancient, perfectly preserved buildings, the pillar crystal, the cobblestones bathed a subtle silver... the fact that the damn place was underground...this was impossible... a pure fantasy, it had to be.

"Gregor, Lewalt!" he called out. "Tis a Sorcery!" there was no answer from whoever these 'Gregor' and 'Lewalt' fellows were. Stratos glared at the quartet, assuming them to be figments of the magic induced illusion. he crouched down low and then launched himself up into the air, landing atop a nearby building and staring down at the travelers with a look of suspicion on his face.

"I should've known that the Order of the White Crescent would resort to such things..." he snarled. "Damn it! I drop my guard for only a moment, and like that the bastards devise a way to defeat us...dropping all of us into this phantasm and destroy us one by one as we wonder in confusion...how many soldiers have just been slain because of my lack of foresight? how many brothers and fathers, sisters and mothers, aunts and uncles, nephews and nieces?" He raised his spear in a fury over the presumed deaths of all the troops under his command, black and white lightning coursing around it's length...

"I can't ask you all for forgiveness for my failing this day..." he whispered under his breath, speaking to the spirits of all the men and women he thought to have perished. "But I can at least avenge you and end this Heresy!" he raised his spear, preparing to strike...

Gideon raise a brow and was confused as hell what this guy talking about, let alone, this guy is calling out names like a crazy person. "I like this Stratos.. he's one crazy ass motherfucker." Gideon mumbles to the group.

"Wait! get down from there! ya loony!" Gideon shouted to Stratos "We're here to help you!... I don't know about any snakes or any White cresents, but i sense a Rat somewhere this place.. I think were being watch through out this conversation." Gideon said and briefly eyeing the place. "Maybe we should discuss this in private.. instead yelling it out in the open."

Edited by typhlosionrulez

• Support Squad

Darius slapped his face into his palms with a loud sigh. This could be going better "Okay, yes, introductions are in order, and for the love of good food, put down the bloody sword. My name is Darius, Knight of Renalim, of the Sword of Rojamaris. Also, I do take some offense to being called heresy. Now, despite all odds, you seem to know more about this place despite apparently waking up fairly recently. As Zollivar so rudely asked, what are you talking about?" This waspish mood Darius was developing couldn't go on. He really wasn't normally like this.

"alright, enough of this..." Boho said. "Look, Stratos, Get down here. You won the battle at Fort Arxo, and you did it without a single casualty."

"What the hell are you talking about I won?" The High Champion demanded. "If I won, and in the conditions that you claim, then why wouldn't I have remembered it? And if this isn't a Sorcery, then where the hell am I, and how did I get here?" Boho scratched his afro at that...

"I don't really have an answer to the first question," he said. "But as for the second, we're in some ruins or something... and from what I can gather, you were apparently in some sort of stasis. Look, just get down here, this shit's already complicated enough without us having to yell in order to be heard..."

Just then, another hissing sound filled the air.

"Ah-hah!" Boho cried. "Ya'll here that? there it is again!" before anyone could respond, the things making the hissing noise emerged from the shadows... they were more naga warriors, each one equip with either a sword or a spear and large, circular shield adorned with lengths of gold and silver chains. The travelers were surrounded. up on the roof were Stratos was, A fight was brewing as the warrior attempted to kept two unknown attackers at bay, thrusting and slashing with Star Ripper and letting off a few bolts of black and white. He seemed to be pushing them back rather easily, then a strange force slammed into him like a monstrous gust and sent him flying off the roof, though he was able to right himself in the air and land smoothly. He glared up at his assailants, and as the group watched, they saw a young man standing there with two more nagas. His hair was auburn, his face young, looking no older than seventeen at the most. He wore a full body cloak embroidered with brilliant blue and gold vine patterns all across the fabric. his eyes were an unnaturally bright shade of blue. he had an ominous smirk on his face.

"Hello, Stratos..." he said. "Looks like I have a few loose ends to tie up... might as well start now." with that said, Marcelos raised his right hand, a strange glyph blazing to life there. Before the groups very eyes, the dead body of the Sky Slayer began to dissolve into a shower of teal shards. The boy raised clenched his fist and the specks of light began to whirl in the air around Stratos, spinning faster and faster with every second. He looked around at the storm of light, bewildered by the spectacle.

"What the hell is this!?" he demanded. he leered up at Marcelos. "Who are you!?"

"Shut the fuck up." Marcelos said simply. he reeled his arm back a cast it in a wide arc, opening his palm as he did so. The Storm of light responded by closing in around him. The Champion fell to his knees slowly as the glow began to intensify, his hands clutching his skull in agony... he let out a scream as the spectacle dragged on... and then he kept screaming.

• Support Squad

Darius could not stand by and watch this happen. He drew his Sword, holding it with two hands, ready to charge.

"Stop what you are doing now." The tone of his voice left no room for argument.

((I am soooo damn sorry for what I'm about to do man...))

As the young knight drew his sword, Marcelos gave a wave of his hand in annoyance... and the next thing the young knight knew, his surroundings melted away and he was standing on a darkened street. it was a moonless night, the sky was pitch black. the only light available came from a street lantern done the way. underneath it stood three people, two young men and a young woman. voices could be heard as some sort of struggle ensued.

"Let go of me!" the young woman demanded.

"Oh come now..." one of the young men said. "We just want to have some fun now... no need to be difficult..."

"Aye..." the other one said "We can pay you...so let's get to it."

"NO!" she protested. "No... Stop! Get away!" she tried to pull away from them and run... but one of the church soldiers had an iron tight grip on her wrist. They attempted to drag her off into an alley way. she fought back as hard as she could, reaching down near her ankle for something... it was a serrated knife. Darius found his view of the scene shifting As the struggle continued, he was now watching from the end of the alley. He saw as his older sister ripped the serrated dagger from it's sheath and slashed at one of the young men, going for his face. and then as He proceeded to slam her against the wall.

"Bitch!" he yelled, clutching at the long cut she had left across the bridge of his nose. "I'll make you pay for that!"

"Oh god...oh god..." one began to panic. "Tim... look!"

"What!?" Tim shouted in a fury. then he saw what his friend was panicking about. "Oh god...what did we...What have we done!?" a blossom of crimson was spreading across the young woman's blouse as the two men back away. Darius's perspective shifted again... this time he was standing right behind the two... and they passed right through him as they continued backing up in horror of what they had done. and Darius could see what had them so panicked... his sister's own knife was embedded in her ribs. Vocies could be heard not far from where they were.

"Oy," one said. "I do believe I 'eard that screaming from down 'ere!"

"There, I see someone in that Alley!" another shouted.

"Stop there, you rapists!" another yelled angrily. "I shall gut you like a damn pig!" Tim looked at his friend, his eyes were alight with fear.

"W-we have to run!" he said. "Now! Go!" with that the two dashed off as fast as they could, heading for the end of the back alley and jumping the small brick wall there. Darius was left standing there alone now... alone except for his Sister who lay dying on the ground. She looked up into Darius's eyes. There was fear there, fear and sorrow and pain... the pain of death.

"W-why, Darius..." she asked, struggling just to breath...it was obvious she had a punctured lung. "Where were you? why didn't you help me? why...?"

• Support Squad

((Damn dude, if this was anyone but Darius...)

Silent tears streamed down Darius' face. As he saw the horrific actions unfold, he could feel his heart almost tearing in two...

Almost.

Seeing the murder unfold was horrific torture, but it also served to remind him of his resolve. He was unable to save her, the sins of ignorance and absence weighing heavily on his soul, but he could find the two bastards and bring them to justice. This resolve, this oath to his sister was all that kept him intact. God help the man who put Darius in this vision.

His voice was barely hoarse whisper. "Cease this vile working now, or I will tear your heart out, so that you may feel a fraction of what you have done to me this day. This, by the Name of Darius Renalim, is my vow, and I will spend my life and onward to fulfil it."

The vision shattered around Darius. He found himself standing back where he had been before the illusion.... Stratos was still on the ground, clutching his skull and screaming. Boho was fighting a few Nagas as they tried to hold him back from helping the Sky Slayer, but it was a battle that they were losing since Boho was cutting the bastards down as they got in his way. He broke through and knelt beside stratos, reaching out his hand to try and break him free of the storm... only for his entire body to be broken into shards of light as he made contact... and then they blew off in a wind. The only remnant of Boho was his Glasses and white cloak, along with the blade he had borrowed from Stratos.

"Oooooh...shouldn't have done that, Boho..." The cruel little son of a bitch sneered from his perch on the roof. "That's for Stratos only... touching it is rather...detrimental to your health." Then he turned his sights on Darius.

"And you've got some stones, Darius..." he said. "Able to resist such a vision... but will Stratos be able to? he doesn't seem like it... who knew a champion would be so damn weak of heart..."

"You shut your damn mouth!" A voice called up as an arrow flew through the air, narrowly missing Marcelos. Abaslom notched another arrow, only to be cut down by a Naga Warrior before he could lift his weapon again. His father cried in agony.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" and then he two felt the sting of a Naga's blade....and the father son team of explorers lay bleeding on the stones. Stratos saw all of this... how first Boho had tried to help him... only to be destroyed... and then how the young boy who'd saved him earlier was Struck down in cold blood along with his father... And he could do nothing to stop either events... he was powerless, a bitch to the memories forcing their way into his mind, inserting themselves as if they belonged to him... he saw countless things spanning hundreds of years...far longer than was possible for any person. he saw it as if he were watching someone else. he saw aweful, horrible acts being commited by his hands... he saw himself through the eyes of an observer, saw the Sky Slayer... and he knew that what he was looking at was a complete monster. He couldn't conceive of possibly doing any of these things... why would he... how could he...it made no sense... but yet sure enough, the man Stratos saw in all these memories had his face... his spear... and was riding his soulbound Drake... and then Stratos saw the Sky Slaying unfold before his very eyes... and then the memories were done... and he found himself back where he was... still stuck inside the prison. his voice was hoarse... and he realized he had been screaming the whole time. he forced his hands away from his head.

"You..." he snarled at Marcelos..."You claim...claim to be God... but yet the things you do speak of the exact opposite... I just saw you kill a man and his young son in cold blood... and you murdered Boho!" His eyes held a deep set contempt.

"I know what happened now... that man I slew, he was indeed my doppelganger... my replacement... you made the perfect copy... and then deceived and corrupted it to your bidding... the things you ordered him to do in your name... the people who fell by his hands... by MY hands. You are no god...no diety could prove as horrible as you... and if you are, then I'll just have to exchange the alias of Sky Slayer... for GOD SLAYER!" he tried to stand, ready to tear this whore son to shreds... finding himself met with crushing force the likes of which he'd never seen. he was forced back to his knees in an instant. Marcelos simply laughed.

"You think you can stop me?" the little sociopath asked delightedly. "That'll be a show for sure... en garde!" he whipped out a rapier from beneath his cloak and leaped down to the stones, stalking towards Stratos as the man still struggled to break free of the light prison. he whipped the blade around in an arc, cutting clean through the thing and striking the High Champion on the breast plate, sending him to his back. the prison fell apart around him. the warrior found that he could not move... his body refused to listen. Marcelos continued his advance, raising the rapier high and preparing to strike a fatal blow.

"well... I was wrong..." he sneered. "This was not entertaining in the least bit... how disappointing." he brought down the sword... only for a storm of monochromatic lightning to erupt from Stratos's spear, forcing the boy backwards and sliding across the stones. Stratos heard a voice in his mind...

"Enough..." it said it was an ancient, sagely."Enough... I STAY SILENT NO LONGER!" The spear began to crackled fiercely with monochromatic lightning as a Stratos found his vision fading away into that of a large cavern adorned with diamonds and crystal. standing in the middle of the sparkling cave was a Dragon... one with gleaming black and white scales, a master of both light and darkness. the wrym had a beard hanging from his throat and chin. his eyes were old and weary, yet filled with the fires of war. He glared at Stratos with fury.

"Stratos Adrius Valgiri!" he roared in the warriors mind. "Soul bind to me! NOW!"

"Who are you!?" he responded. " and I can have no other soul bound...Thead and I"

"Thead's contract with you is over! By order of myself, Adurmedes!" the wrym roared. and Stratos knew that what he said was true... he now longer felt Thead's constant presence in his mind.

"He is your friend and ally no longer!" the dragon continued. "You and those beside you can not hope to defeating a force such as Marcelos commands on your own! if you wish to live, then forge a contract with me NOW!" Stratos said nothing else... he didn't know why, but he trusted what this wyrm said. He held out his palm, and a tether of white light emerged from his chest and connected to a glowing circular glyph hovering in the air. A tether emerged from the Dragon's chest and connected on the other side. The conditions of the contract they were both making flared across their vision, and without hesitation, both man and wyrm shouted.

"I ACCEPT!" and just like that, the contract was made. and the vision faded. and Stratos found himself still on the ground... except that now, Star-Ripper was in his hand... well, no. no. this spear was not named star ripper. it's true name... was Adurmedes.

He got to his feet, Glaring at the boy... glaring at God himself.

"I will tear you limb from limb for the things you have wrought and have made me wrought in this world!" He roared with the fury of a Dragon. "Terror, Despair, Suffering, Chaos, Death, Agony... all these things were you're wills, were they not, your DAMN ORDERS! You are the Monster at the gate! Not your damn brother, but YOU! You have caused far more horrors than he ever has!" he could feel Adurmedes' presence in his mind, just as he could once feel Thead's. the two of them were already beginning to synchronize much better than he and Thead ever had. His spear crackled with wrath.

"And I will give you a fate worse than even death for what happened to Boho and Absalom and his father!" Marcelos only smirked arrogantly.

"Big words..." he said. "But can you back them up... when the lives of your allies are at stake?" with that said he then rushed hard to the right and came straight at Darius and Gideon, splitting his blade into two and slashing at both of them in a fiery arc before Stratos could launch an attack... he was aiming for Gideon's throat, and for Darius's solar plexis... and his eye's were pure black.

• Support Squad

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darius was intensely focused on everything around him, and when Marcellos came charging at He and Gideon, he knew what had to be done. Before Gideon could react, Darius intercepted Marcellos, taking a savage blow to the abdomen in the process, using his sword and armored body to defend Gideon, forcing the god into a lock. Struggling against the sheer strength of the God, Darius forced out his words through gritted teeth "Gideon, I need some help here!"

Zolivar quickly unsheathed his blade and shield as soon as Marcelos charged at the two men, though was surprised to find that Darius protected Gideon. Thinking that Gideon was in a state of shock, Zolivar jumped and lunged his sword downward on Marcelos to the side as if he were to dodge it would not hurt the wounded Darius.

Marcelos released his grip on the dual blades, leaving in Darius's abdomen and leaping back, dodging Zoliver's attack with ease and snarling like a rabid wolf. He turned his sights on Stratos, who was storming towards him with fiery orange eye that looked like they belonged to a wyrm... because they did.

"You die here!" he literally roared in fury... the very roof of the cavern shook from his voice. He jabbed forward with his lance, catching GOD in the chest, snapping the boy's ribs before quickly retrieving his weapon and swinging the head of his drake lance in a harrowing ark across Marcelos' face, severing the boy's nose and sending golden blood flying upon the stones. the wretch fell to the ground from the force of the attack, and Stratos brought down his lance upon his skull, crushing it like a tomato... then he stepped back, cleaning his lance on the other man's cloak... and then Marcelos got up again as if nothing had happened. His pitch black eyes held no emotion there as his skull reformed and the blood that had been spilled made it's way back into his body. He stared emptily at Stratos, all the arrogance and psychosis from before was gone.

"A nice try..." he said in a completely different voice. "But you just signed your own death warrant, Stratos..." with that said, he reached up and sent a blast of energy through the other man, sending him flying against a nearby wall. the sky slayer shook the shock of the attack off, angered even more than before. his draconic eyes blazed with orange heat as he shot off towards Marcelos, bringing around his lance and cutting a large swath of flesh off of his rib cage as he passed by, spilling countless amounts of the GOD's blood. The ground was covered in liquid gold. he came back around, gripping the man's hair and slamming his head into the earth before pulling back and tossing him like a rag doll across the far wall.

"GET UP!" he roared as he stalked towards him. his voice was combined with that of another... someone who sounded ancient and powerful... someone...who sounded like a wyrm. "GET UP SO THAT I CAN PUT YOU BACK DOWN!" Marcelos simply chuckled in that same, eerie voice.

"Ah..." he sighed. "I see you and your new soulbound fight well together... but you can not stop me..." he clapped his palms together, a shockwave of violet energy issuing out as he did so. behind him an exact look alike of himself came into existence. the two faced Stratos and the Group, speaking simultaneously.

"You can handle one..." they sneered. "But how will you fare... AGAINST TWO!?" One of them sprang towards Stratos, the other went for Zoliver, his hands transforming into a set of evil-looking claws as he went in and cut the young man's blade in two before slashing for his chest, intending to kill him and move on to finish Darius...

Gideon saw an opportunity as the so called 'God' has its hands full, He withdrew his swords, one of which he is holding his black sword in reverse grip and dashes off to Marcelos to help his ally, gracefully delivering fast paced slashes.

Edited by typhlosionrulez