Persona 5 Official Thread

Godot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it on the ps4. I wonder if you'll be able to help people out via online like you could in p4g. I would also like to see you be able to pass along personas or at least compendium data to friends similarly.

Also really hoping they go all out for persona battle animations.

Really looking forward to this! ^_^

My only real issue with the Persona series has been its relative linearity, i.e., One "Perfect" path to get everything and One "Best" ending . . .

I also hope they give Wild Card to everyone in your party like in Persona 1&2 . . . I'd like to see the return of Fusion Spells . . .

Maybe they'll bring back gay romantic connections like in Innocent Sin . . . :P

Edited by ReddestDream

• Support Squad

iwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantit

What I want from it though, is for it to live up to the previous games and NOT require a remake to fix things. Also, I wonder what the new shuffle time will be, assuming they switch thangs up again

Welp as soon as this game comes out, I can assure that there's going to be a dramatic drop in player activity on Reborn. Gotta max out them social links. ALL THE WOMEN COME TO THE MC! YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR!

Also while we're on the subject Minato >>>>>>>>>>>> Yu. I hate Minato's actual name so i refuse to use it.

Welp as soon as this game comes out, I can assure that there's going to be a dramatic drop in player activity on Reborn. Gotta max out them social links. ALL THE WOMEN COME TO THE MC! YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR!

Also while we're on the subject Minato >>>>>>>>>>>> Yu. I hate Minato's actual name so i refuse to use it.

I respectfully disagree, Yu >>>>>>>>>>>>> Minato. I do agree on the name thing though. ^^;

But yes, I am so hype for this game.

I know that I was going to only be on ps3. But the reason why is because the game has been in development for years and the ps4 hadn't been announced yet.

Ya, it changed less than 12 hours ago.

Edit: I lied, I put this thread up a couple minutes after the most recent p5 news went live. The time stamp reads 2:35 am

Good surprises are the best surprises. and it is rather surprising that they finally release something for a current gen console and not the one prior exclusively.

I can totally see the whole chained and imprisoned thing working with persona. mainly being that the people feeling shackled by society and trapped into no win situations often leads into the desire for death represented by the shadows. Yukiko's shadow/trial comes to mind.

p3 and p4 each had persona capable human elements who stood in the way of protagonists. I wonder who they are and what goal they are trying to reach this time.

A few things I want to point out is that in the end of the second trailer, time slowed down for everyone except the MC midday. That is interesting being that most crazy things in the persona universe happen at midnight. Ie: the dark hour/midnight channel.

The other thing I noticed was how both trailers lacked music... I am predicting that the music in p5 will have Neo Classical, Electronica, Indie, and Dubstep themes to them.

• 5 months later...

Social Links GOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDIK6HVA9NYb

brb, re-watching and dissecting everything..

Edit 1:

I am not going to try and grab minor details, just details that may have actual relevance...

Topic 1: the Music.

This is our first sample of the game's style of music. the persona series has always had some unique flavors of the musical kind. This is the first song we hear from the newest entry in the persona seires and it doesn't tell us much... buuuuuuu I found this!

dCwK6cF.png

The composer's name is written in graffiti. There has been several rumors that the game's musical choice would be Electronica and Dubstep, but seeing this makes me wonder if the series is going back to hip hop just like P3. Some of the game text also has a light emphasis on graffiti.

2bHwfCJ.png

Topic 2: the Velvet Room

9i9NxWm.png

Igor seems to have not just one, but two assistants. They both appear to be female, one has a long pony tail and the other has Princess Leia Buns.

Topic 3: What is this thing?

C6FCdlM.png

This large winged thing, is it a persona? or the main antagonist? Too early to tell. I do want to point out the game's heavy emphasis on the Blacks and Reds. Which makes me wonder about the theme of the game's story.

P3 had lots of blacks and Blues and had a very sad and bluesy story and style of music.

P4 had lots of Blacks and Yellows and was very bright and jolly as fuck.

Red is a color of passion and also a color of rage. You guys wanna speculate what that could mean?

Topic 3: The Cast

n0Plewy.jpg

Also, whats with the nasty ass diner... are the MCs hipsters now? **looks at the main character's Glasses**

Well here he is without them

6oM71oH.png

This is the MC's buddy, who appears to be Magician Arcana like Junpei and Yosuke

fujEZZb.png

ZOMG this guy seems pretty fun loving like the previous bros of the series.

Here is the Yukari/Chie of the game.

qSfVcO3.png

I am predicting that she is of the Wheel of Fortune Arcana like how Naoto was in P4. Judging from the motif of luck this chick seems to love.

RIz5n3Z.png

Begs the Question of "what is she afraid of?" or "Trying to run away from?" The Wheel of Fortune Arcana is strongly bound to fate. The Doctor guy in p3 was bound to be a doctor despite trying to escape it. and Naoto is always a woman, despite trying to conceal her gender... I wonder what she is afraid of...

V24k4ug.png

Ew... it's a cat...

ws3fXw6.png

NOW HE IS A CAT WHO FIGHTS FOR JUSTICE!!! Also this game needed a mascot character...

Also, main protagonist with a mask, and a shape shifting cat... I am getting some hardcore Darker than Black Vibes off of this game... also, this cat reminds me of Happy from Fairy Tale...

2arJBzg.png

Not 100% positive of what to make of this picture. But it seems important.

• Support Squad

Social Links GOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDIK6HVA9NYb

brb, re-watching and dissecting everything..

I love the look of the boy and girl who seem to be the other party members, they make me think of people who wanna have fun and probably would at the start of the plot, and I hope that cat is SILENT as an animal mascot. Also, the graphics look MUCH more reminiscent of Catherine, which I honestly quite like. Also, looks like we have a full-on Vigilante motif going which I fucking LOVE instead of just an investigation team. Plus it makes much more sense, what with Vigilantes essentially going against society which is a part of P5 motif, breaking the shackles of society and all of dat. Also, if Bats Demon from SMT Digital Devil saga is not available as a persona, I will be pissed, as there is no more monster in the history of Atlus more fitting to be the Batman persona.

LksKfP5.png

This is obviously the menu.. however, there is two attention to details here.

A. The Menu has a very Punk Rock Vibe to it. Kinda makes me think of bands like Rancid and Social Distortion.

B. There is an Option in the menu labeld "Cooperation"

Well... that is new... Is there some kind of multiplayer element to this game?

grU5A8H.png

and here is the equip menu. One thing that catches my eye is that "Gun" has it's own category outside of "weapon"

Are Evokers coming back? and why does it say "Command" on the menu?

The MC also appears to wield Knives.

Here is the All out Attack Screen, and watching it play out makes me think of Comicbook, not Japanese Manga, but American Comics like Scot Pilgrim or Kick Ass! to some extent.

6C60wXW.jpg

@Dobby, the artstyle made me think of Catherine too... and brought back some painful memories that game kicked my ass .... BUT ANYWAYS

The Vigilante Vibe is hard, and I didn't notice how the Shackle motif played in until you pointed it out. That would also cause me to believe that the game's musical themes might be Punk and Underground Rap style... which makes me pretty damn curious.

I also am loving how during the school days, the MC is all clean and nice looking, but at night, he turns into a complete Psychopath.

I can see that, though I love his carefree nature.

The characters also seem to be hopping between the real world, and a Limbo World that the average human cannot see... kinda like how Don'te did in DmC or Bayonetta.

Vigilante my butt. They're criminals. Cat burglars, if you will.

That blue-print map in their bar hideout makes it look like they're plotting a heist. Plus that short scene where the mc is behind bars (probably a nightmare or midnight channel type scene).

I honestly really don't like the direction they're going with this. The crazy ass acrobatics, the overly-care free give no fucks attitude that seems to pervade...