FINAL POLLING; Wifi Clause, Standard Tier or Side Tier?

Diana

Y/N?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Wifi Clause, Default/Side?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy to see how there aren't nearly as many votes this time around.

Anyway

The biggest issue that we're facing is that, according to the last vote, a sizable amount of people DON'T want the WiFi clause to be on the default ladder, which has caused this royal mess of multiple reforendums and squabbling, when the effort probably should have been spent on raising awareness on the other ladders.

If that truly is the case, where are these people in the discussion? Why haven't they voted yet? We can't make decisions around purely hypothetical people.

And we're back to taking potshots, wonderful

Hilda, there will be separate ladders, but it's expected that the one that isn't the default will die off relatively quickly because randoms with Red teams won't play on it

Thus, whichever one ends up being default, at least in most people's minds, will essentially be the only one around anywhales

That's why the default should be challenge cup or somesuch, so people have to choose. Sadly, the ones who suggested that got abused.

And there aren't as many votes because the poll hasn't been up that long...

Alright, I don't do this too often, because most of the time, I don't deem it a need.

But, I have to admit, I was looking at this thread from the outside without fully understanding how the ladders worked. My lack of information caused me to make several groundless arguments as to reasoning behind the vote and wasted a lot of brainpower on something that probably doesn't really matter that much to myself.

So, I do greatly apologize to those that labored to spar with me throughout that exchange, and because of it, I better understand the system and how it works.

I'm still going to vote for the side myself, because I -still- believe my first post on this thread is relevant and gives reasoning that wasn't totally refuted and/or refutes previous statements made by another poster who shared their thoughts.

As for the others that aren't turning up, I'm sorry, but I can't speak for them and I won't bother to do so. Ultimately, the vote is about which ladder to put the spotlight on, and as such doesn't really warrant any further debate and critique from one such as myself that doesn't understand as much as she thought she did.

Sorry for any inconveniences and I do hope that you don't judge my character based off of my poor showing of tact in this debate. I was a pleasure discussing with you all.

It's obvious to tell from the majority of PO, the last poll, and currently this one that people favor Wifi clause. Not only has it been a staple for the past 4 years, but tiering choices are also loosely based on team preview, and prediction. Keeping No Preview would only hinder the accuracy that has been put forward, that's with the mindset that Reborn loosely follows Smogon/Beta

As for as main metas/side metas go, it's only a matter of preference. Hell, a lot of people try and challenge me with Wifi OFF, so having it on the ladder I doubt would make too much of a difference.

Getting down to the point, it's a necessary and fair change.

• Veterans

I used to be for making it a side tier,but after like a hundred battles with WiFi on it grew on me.

I'm currently voting for WiFi,as it makes the game less of a coin-flip and more of prediction.

However as has been previously stated,there is still a large luck factor involved,as there is no guarantee what set your opponent is running.

Also on a side note WiFi makes pokemon Like Zoroark and Ditto less useful than without,as you can predict what pokemon they are liable to want to transform or disguise as in the case of Zoroark.

I would like to clarify that this post is from my point of view and i would like it if you do not get rude at me or throw unnecessary insults my way.