[Resolved] Stuck at Noel fight !

Seymour

Hi everyone !

For the firt time in my new game, I'm stuck at a gym leader ! I can't even KO more than 2 of Noel's Pokemon ... I tried a few different strategies, but none of them worked.

Indeed, most of my pokemons are too frail and get OHKOed by that damn Cinccino, so I think I need to train a new strong pokemon able to take a few hits, but I don't want to grind for nothing (because I really don't like it, grinding is sooooo boring !), thus, I need your help !

Here is my team :

Boomer, The Forretress LV44
Lax, @ RedCard (Doesn't seem to work)
[sturdy]
Spikes
Payback
Explosion
BugBite
Mousse, The Greninja LV54
Hasty, @ None
[Protean]
Substitute
Feint Attack
Water Pulse
Extrasensory
Braveheart, The Pyroar LV55
Naughty, @ Quick Claw
[Rivalry]
Work Up
Crunch
Hyper Voice
Overheat
Junior, The Mr.Mime LV47
Sassy,@ Light Clay
Flash
Light Screen
Reflect
Psychic
LadyFrost, The Jynx LV49
Hardy, @ Mind Plate
[Dry Skin]
Sweet Kiss
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Frost Breath
Thorn, The Roserade LV50
Bold, @ Black Sludge
[Natural Cure]
Giga Drain
Growth
Toxic Spikes
Stun Spore
In the PC
Binoe, the Barbaracle LV50
Lonely, @ Quick Claw
[Tough Claws]
Strength
Stone Edge
Razor Shell
Shell Smash
Bouh, The Gengar LV45
Bashfull, @ None
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse
Mean Look
Other "usefull" pokemon that I could train :
So many I don't know which to train ...
Vibrava, Aron, Lileep, Anorith, Spiritomb, Evoli, Skorupi, Muk, Pumpkaboo, ...
And a few Fighting type, but I don't know which to train for a balanced team :
Scrafty, Pancham, Makuhita, Machoke, Mankey, ...
Edited by Seymour

Well, I'll just provide the generic answer in that there are two pokemon that are considered to be extremely useful when fighting Noel. The first is Aggron and the second is Escavalier. Take your pick, both should get you results.

I recommend raising a camerupt, it can learn a devastating move lava plume that 1. Burns the field that makes pokemon lose health instead of gain it, 2. with it being a fire attack the fire damage does extra damage. 3. camerupt is a badass

Probably you need an Aggron or another steel pokemon.Cinccino is what you need to worry about.Maybe a durable fighting pokemon can take it out.I used my Infernape's Close combat to OHKO It.Even Infernape is slower than that Cinccino,so i was rock blasted before i used Close Combat.Use a Steel type for Swellow amd its game over.his other pokemon aren't much of a deal.i had difficulty only against his Cinccino.As other people said Steel types and a Close Combat pokemon are the game winner.

Don't you have a Barbaracle? What's the problem? Setup with him (Shell Smash) and kill everything

I tried but a few shots of bullet seeds OHKOed it.

Aggron seems a good option, but it will need a lot of grinding before being ready ^^

I thought about Cofagrigus too ^^

And who do you think I should raise for the next part of the game ?

I tried but a few shots of bullet seeds OHKOed it.

Ok see? That's the problem, you tried to setup on a wrong Pokemon (Cinccino i assume), first kill that thing then setup.

I tried again with the few tips you gave me.
I used Braveheart against Cincinno, Overheat OHKOed it thanks to the grassy field. Apart from Clefable and Cincinno, it's team wasn't much of a trouble ! Barbaracle was really usefull against the Sweallow and staraptor !
It's kind of disapointing... So much trouble just because of one little pokemon !

Thanks for your help !

A fighting type or Escavalier would be great. If you trade with the guy in Spinel it will have exp booster so grinding wont be nearly as bad. But yeah a team without a fighting type in it in Reborn is like taking on a hot knife as a stick of butter.

I already made thread about this. Take Arcanine(or someone else with flamethrower and flame burst but really arcanine is the best choice because flash fire that's why) YOu're battling in a grass field, either wait or switch your date on your computer until the weather is Sunny. Then just use flame burst and set the field on fire, his pokemon will get burned and Arcanine will get a boost because of flash fire. So you have a boost from, sunny day, flash fire, flaming field.. that's a badass STABed,boosted flamethrower and you can one shot his entire team

I remember when i fight him, for me it was the gym leader that I had more problems so far. My ninetales with fire blast took his cinccino, my manetric took his porygon plus his other flying pokemon, then my feraligart and gengar took the rest. The other 2 pokemon that i had i used them as sacrifice to heal my main 4 at the time, I didnt have lucario or aggron at that time. After you beat his cinccino and porygon the other ones arent that hard.

I personally wondered why Noel had some boring Pokemon (Girafarig, Swellow) when there were several unique dual-typed Normal types introduced in gen 6. Pyroar and Gogoat in particular seem to synergize well with the grassy terrain.

Porbably to counter Fighting Types andSwellow with Guts is pretty dangerous. Ame said somewhere she will probably give him his own field later.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Pangoro. Level it up to 50 and make it learn sky uppercut and other moves. Add that with a black belt and it is OP in this fight. I noticed that you don't have an electric type for your team. An electric type such as Luxray or Magnezone would be useful. I'll look over your team and see what moves you might want to teach them later on.

• 3 weeks later...

slightly off topic here but train your vibrava now it'll be very usefull for future gym leaders, as for noel id recomend either a cofegrigus or a magnaton/magnazone

the pre evolutions of both of those ive recomended can be found in shade's gym.

helllyam i didnt notice the pangoro good eye and honestly magnaton is just way better than luxray for noel because of the resitance to almost all of noels moves

Edited by sandy