As Gods Sleep Chapter Two: The Quest Begins. . .

Chevaleresse

You wake up in a darkened cavern, unsure of where exactly you are. Your eyes take a moment to adjust to the gloom. As this happens, you notice that the cave seems to have a soft light that doesn't really appear to emanate from anywhere. You can almost feel a faint thrumming of energy in the mostly-featureless room. The floor and walls are smooth, as if they have been subjected to an enormous pressure. Looking up, you see that the place you are is truly massive; the ceiling is at least a hundred feet above you, and the closest section of wall behind you is a similar distance away. In what appears to be the center of the room, you can make out a humanoid figure. Closer to you is the more familiar shape of Deoxys, who is still in the agile form you saw it in last. You take a moment to check yourself and look for those who traveled with you, then right yourself.

Kenny spoke to the rest of the group.

"Guys, we shouldn't make any moves that would make Mewtwo mad. I've heard that he's highly dangerous when he's angered."

Edited by K_H

((Chaos is Umbreon, while Cerberus would be Houndoom. Just confirming again, is this all right, Murdoc?))

In response to the dimness, slowly, faintly pulsating but bright blue rings of light shone. Chaos shook herself and sniffed the air. "Hound? You there?"

Now in response to the Umbreon's calls, Cerberus coughed right next to her. "Yeah. Where is this?" He nudged something soft.

And in response to that, Zephyr reached out and petted him gently. Okay, good, they were right here. She stood upright, coming from a squatting position that resulted from the leap of faith into the rift-- rift? Black hole? Tear?

"All right, where is this?" she mused aloud, mostly to herself than to the streamlined humanoid Deoxys. Poor lighting was something she was used to, as most of the lights remained broken back at the Base.

The Base. Boss. Oh, snap. How long had it been?

... Ah well, they'd probably just write her off as dead if it'd been more than a day already. The concern now was this Mewtwo. Zephyr frowned, trying to make sense of the situation. Usually when the so-called mirages or legendaries wanted something to do with filthy casuals, or, rather, humans, it was because shit was getting real, and they needed a man with a heart of gold to save mankind-- okay, no, maybe not something so cliche, but it did normally indicate that even the gods themselves must be getting desperate.

... Or, they didn't want to do the dirty work themselves. Either could hold true. Yeah.

Edited by ZephyrEnyalios

"Ugh! As if dealing with Amarantha's ignorant comments wasn't enough, I have to land almost flat-faced into a room of nothingness," the grumpy Dewgong thought as she tried to get her bearings straight. As she tried to shake out her body, Nivia couldn't help but feel an immense pressure bearing down on her. It was as if she needed to exert more energy for her to execute even the most simplest of her actions.

"Guys, we shouldn't make any moves that would make Mewtwo mad. I've heard that he's highly dangerous when he's angered."

"Mewtwo? Where...?" Nivia, slowly, looked around her. Theo, Blaze and Umbra seemed to be without injuries; that is all that matters to her at this point in time. The rest can go straight to Giratina's world if she had to choose who to save. Nevertheless, Nivia did give a few glances at the others in the group. Kenny, who spoke about Mewtwo, seemed to be the first to recover, followed by the Umbreon and the Houndoom (and their human friend, no less). All of the others were just as shaken up as she was, the Dewgong assumed, but were unharmed. Deoxys, obviously, seemed oblivious to the sudden transportation. The legendary probably did it a ton of times.

And this huge space filled with nothing but them inside of it? Nivia certainly felt small; minuscule sounds more fitting, though. "Too bad my human's house couldn't be this big. Oh the wonders we could put in here." Nivia also appreciated the smooth, cold floor beneath her white body that allows for an easier mode of travel. Plus, she always found the cold to be her home, being an ice type and all.

Finally, far in the distance, the Dewgong saw a purple-ish pink, humanoid-looking figure that is quietly observing them. She couldn't quite make out its form due to her limited eyesight, but it does look vaguely like a Mewtwo. Nevertheless, she decided to be safe and ask. After all, if this is indeed Mewtwo, she wouldn't want to disrespect him.

"If I may ask, Deoxys, is that the master you spoke of there in the distance?" Nivia asked as she pointed to the humanoid-looking figure with her horn.

Edited by DarkLight

Blaze sat on his hind legs, looking around at where they were. He felt uneasy here, and he hadn't liked the sudden transportation.

"Is this what happened to my trainer?"

The thought had sprung suddenly into his mind. Before he could think on it anymore, he heard Kenny give them a warning.

Blaze looked up at Nivia and Theo from where he sat between them.

"Um..." he began, "...What's a Mewtwo?"

Ow. Perchance throwing himself into the portal face first was a bad idea. Nevertheless, he was now... Wherever. As much as he wanted to check his body for wounds, he still had to watch out for Amarantha. Gale looked down into his arms and flipped. His eyes hadn't adjusted yet. She was there. She had to be.

The Togepi was there. He breathed a sigh of relief and set her down. She'd like to stretch as much as he would, he wagered. One-sided as ever, Gale surveyed the immediate area in front of him, seeing only the back of Deoxys. His eyes darted left and right; calling their immediate residence a room would be an understatement. They were in a stadium.
Around was the similar group from before. More Pokemon than humans and humans with Pokemon. Even Pokemon with Pokemon, by the look of the Pangoro and- "No," he mouthed silently. Keep a level head. Looking concerned wouldn't help his image. At least not now, when this group was in a brave new world.

The Dewgong looked very odd out of water; again, he considered putting the creature in a ball, but it wouldn't want to deal with him.

Gale bent down to look at Amarantha, who seemed only partly conscious. "Ammy, you alright?"

"I don't really know. I heard things about it when I was a human, but I wasn't sure if it really existed." Theo began. He gently rubbed Umbra's head, while she was snug in her little harness. "It is a Legend, even more so than Deoxys. It is said there is only one, and that it can have quite a violent temper. But so many accounts conflicted, not much is really know about it other than hearsay and folklore."

"All right, where is this?"

"The closest place to the center of the universe."

"If I may ask, Deoxys, is that the master you spoke of there in the distance?"

"Indeed. Mewtwo would like to speak with you all. He does not wish to harm you, unlike some." Deoxys looked at the humans traveling with the group and shifted form again, this time to an almost hostile-looking one. "Go."

Center of the universe? Well, if you say so... Then again it didn't seem far-off for Zephyr-- they DID just jump into a black hole of sorts. And, if a bowl of petunias could materialize out of nowhere only to fall and smash into bits...

... Or, Deoxys could be kidding her entirely. It was just a feeling, but he didn't seem to like her too much. Or humans in general, for that matter. Well, whatever-- she wasn't stupid enough to try anything on these guys, not at a time like this. Bad shit came to the likes of those Team this and that for trying to force the legends into their control, after all.

So, Mewtwo doesn't want to hurt them? Okay then. If you say so, Deoxys. Throwing a glance at the humanoid alien and then at the rest of the group, she started walking towards the infamous psychic Pokemon. Cautiously.

Cerberus followed Zephyr's lead, eyeing Deoxys, the other Pokemon, every nook and cranny warily. He couldn't really detect a high level of danger, except the hostile vibes from Deoxys. Well, whatever happens, he and Chaos would protect their Trainer.

Speaking of Chaos, she'd once again perched on her favorite spot: Zephyr's shoulders. Uncaring as she looked, she was all tensed up and ready to fire in case anything happened.

"He does not wish to harm you, unlike some." Seeing as the Deoxys shifted its form, Sark walked a few steps back. Then he noticed that Deoxys was only looking at the humans. He sighed. How did he get involved in all of this again? The Trevenant, Yuki, the Hydreigon, and, lastly, the shooting of the Hydreigon. It happened all so quickly now that he looked back. "I guess the only way to go is to Mewtwo."

Nivia froze for a second as Deoxys changed forms right before her eyes. However, her body relaxed as the Psychic Pokemon glared at the humans. As she suspected, Deoxys must have had a really bad experience with humans back in Hoenn, which was good to know considering how horrible they are here.

"Thank you," Nivia answered politely. She then saw the human girl and her two dark-type companions walking towards the middle of the room, heading for Mewtwo. And it seems that Sark has the same idea. Like he said, there was only one way to go now.

"I guess we better get going, too," Nivia said towards Theo and Blaze. "Now it's your chance to meet Mewtwo up close, little Blaze. Looks like we will be ki-- knocking out two Taillows with one stone."

"Aye, after you milady." Theo said bowing his head a little. He walked after her keeping pace. It was only right for the protector to stay near the one he was protecting. He scratched baby Umbra's head gently. She seemed almost as if she was purring like a cat. She slept soundly for now. Theo also took this in to mind while walking, trying not to bounce to much and wake her up. It was strange, Theo felt like he had done this once before, cared for a wee babe. But he never did it as a pokemon. He figured maybe....just maybe he had done it when he was a human. Nothing flooded back to him now, but he couldn't shake that strange sensation that he had done this very thing before. ((in regards to raising Umbra, not what is going on....if he met a mewtwo that claimed to know how to save the world before...that would be weird.))

Blaze followed behind Nivia, unnerved by the powerful pokemon they had just met, but curious at the same time. His eyes were focused on Mewtwo, wondering just how he would receive them, and hoping nothing went wrong. He had asked for their help, so he didn't think that he would harm them, but it still was best to be cautious. He tried to keep his legs from shaking as they got closer.

Edited by Flux

Kenny followed Blaze, Nivia, and Theo, keeping a calm look all the while, and being highly cautious. In truth, he was more than a little nervous, seeing as he was about to meet what he'd heard was the strongest Pokemon alive.

Mewtwo was facing away from the party, but began to speak, the voice seeming to reverberate throughout the chamber.

"Welcome. I hope my servant hasn't been too hostile. Deoxys decided long ago that humans weren't worth saving. My opinion differs.

I know you're all wondering why I brought you here. I, and the universe itself, need assistance. This certainly raises many more questions than what you may have already, but let me continue.

As you may know, Dialga and Palkia were lost due to the fool Cyrus's mad ambitions. I am not aware of where the third is, but Giratina holds little power over this world. It is evident that the universe needs those two to function. There is only one solution I know of, based on the various myths of humanity. Deoxys may have enlightened you already, but the fabled eighteen Plates of creation must be gathered. Once this is done, I will attempt to call Arceus, and we will beg Arceus to recreate Dialgia and Palkia. I cannot do this myself; were I to leave this very location, I could not hold together the torn fabric of time and space. I can sense the locations of all of the Plates; that was part of the reason Deoxys was near the Peridot Ward. However, the areas around those places are unstable. I'm afraid the Ward has been lost already, simply vanishing from existence as the pattern fell to pieces. Deoxys cannot retrieve all of them itself; it is incapable of negotiation and many are held by humans. . . or greater forces.

I need you all. I will send you to the places where Plates can be found; you must retrieve them, whatever the cost. I will leave the choice to you which Plate you will retrieve on each journey. The rifts in these areas will allow you to travel there and back quickly, but be aware that the area will be destroyed as you return. Save those that you can.

I will answer any questions you have, but speak quickly, for there is precious little time left."

Wow.

Okay, so Doomsday Part Two was essentially at hand and if they didn't literally fight tooth and nail for those plates, they would all die for sure. Sounds like fun. Even more fun than the missions that the gunslinger (or chainsaw-slinger?) girl was ever assigned to do. It was just like pillaging rival camps for loot and food, except with a huge ticking bomb of unstable time and space.

Zephyr was the first to speak up. "So... I'm just guessing that these rifts will take us to the area where the plates are. All righty then. It's just a stretch here, but is there an easier way to track down the exact location of the Plates?"

"What she means is, is there something that some of us could use to locate them more easily? For instance, sir, if there was a sample I could whiff," Cerberus explained. Chaos scoffed at him from her perch. "You sound like a mutt, Hound. And I'm pretty sure that if there were an easier way to find the Plates, Mewtwo and Deoxys would have found them already." She leapt off of Zephyr and looked at the psychic being.

"I think the question is, what kind of foes are we going to be up against. Have the other legendary beings turned violent and mad, that we'll have to fight them?" she inquired.

Yeah, talking legendaries, sure thing. Got our quest, great. Now let's get it on.
Gale was pumped, grinning as cocky as ever, Amarantha in his arms. "No info needed! Just tell us where the plates are at and we'll get back before you can ask for my autograph. Let's get going."
Though, before kicking regigAss, Gale would need an actual team besides Togepi. He searched around, hoping to find some Pokemon in the dark. A Sableye, Aron, Klink, or Golett should work. He set down Amarantha, then sought out a partner in the void.

"Peridot Ward? What kind of a city is that?" Nivia thought, puzzled. And on that note, Nivia realized that she had not figured out where she was yet after that rift appeared and took her away from her coordinator. With that thought, Nivia decided to stop by Mewtwo before she was teleported away once again.

"You mentioned a place called the Peridot Ward, a place I am unfamiliar with. Can you tell me where I am currently located? This is certainly not the Hoenn region that I know of; the landscape, the buildings, and even the humans here are different. And on that note, why would you think the humans here are worth saving even though they tried to kill us? The humans I know of were never this violent."

Edited by DarkLight

Kenny hadn't heard of the location mentioned, and was puzzled by it.

Peridot Ward? I've never heard of that city before!

Kenny then heard Nivia speak, and answered her.

"Nivia, as has already been stated by Deoxys, we're currently in the center of the universe. However, I don't know much about the Region that we just came from, other than the fact that it definitely isn't the Unova Region that I know, but I do know that people are more hostile than in the Regions that we're used to. They were never out to kill us before the Incident."

Nivia nodded in agreement. "Very true, Kenny, most of the humans I knew even admired us." Then, she realized her first question must of have sounded strange. She remembered that Deoxys mentioned that they were currently in the center of the universe. "Oh, sorry for the confusion, my question did seem ambiguous; I meant to ask what region we were currently in before we were brought here by Deoxys. Perhaps a little information about the region might help make our search that much easier to deal with."

"I think the question is, what kind of foes are we going to be up against. Have the other legendary beings turned violent and mad, that we'll have to fight them?"

"I do not know." Mewtwo was silent for a moment. "I have a general sense of where some of them are located, but it is impossible for me to tell anything more without losing focus. Expect the worst, and all of your surprises will be pleasant."

I meant to ask what region we were currently in before we were brought here by Deoxys. Perhaps a little information about the region might help make our search that much easier to deal with."

"You were in a section of the Reborn region that was juxtaposed between a mountain range from Sinnoh and a forest of Unova. This information is irrelevant now, I fear. The Plate has been retrieved and the rift has already nearly consumed the area."

Expect the worst. Well, nothing really could be worse than that stupid penalty that the Boss had imposed on one of the idiots back in the Base. Zephyr shuddered at the memory; she did hate everyone else in that building, but that poor man had only wanted to see his Pokemon more-- a feeling she knew too well. Dinner was, for once, something she utterly refused to partake of-- it was essentially roasted Pachirisu with a side of fried Pidgeotto. No matter how much she had tried to block them out, the pitiful screams and cries of the poor Pokemon reached her up in her room as the eager grunts cooked them both. Alive. Never more had her hatred for those people grown so strong. That night she nearly blew up at the Boss, who stood in the shadows, watching, maybe even smirking, as the ravenous beasts tore greedily at-- Zephyr looked up, thrown off track by what sounded like a whimper. Then, to her embarrassment, realized that it had come from her.

The girl groaned inwardly and shook her head; it wasn't like she could explain herself. Anyway, the only other living creature that could bother her about it was Gale, whom she was sure had taken to staring at her in surprise along with the others. None of them would understand, either way. She'd literally seen some shit.

Clearing her throat rather loudly, with a hankering to just get out of there, to avoid the questioning gazes of the rest, she said, "The worst, eh? If that's all, then my team and I are good to go. Send us when all's ready."

Well then. Chaos looked at her trainer, surprised. But, nonetheless, Zephyr was right-- it was definitely time to get a move on, and she was raring to go.

Cerberus as well looked at Zephyr-- that was strange. He shook himself and stood by her side, steadfastly, agreeing to her words.

• 4 weeks later...

"Very well." Mewtwo gestured, and a portal opened up. It was too hazy to tell what was through it, but Mewtwo began to speak again. "I can sense the energy of at least two plates in this location. I will attempt to place you as close as possible, but this is an imprecise method. Be on the lookout for rumors of artifacts associated with the land or sea; I can sense a few population centers in the area. Now, go quickly. There is precious little time."

END OF CHAPTER 2