The better poison type

Damage

Got a Crobat, got a Gengar. Love both pokes but I need type coverage. Due to limited moveset, Crobat kind of kills but typing, Gengar will inevitably get me out of sticky situations. Who do I choose?

P.S I don't do breeding, just not mah thang.

Both are great, but without breeding, Crobat is superior. With it, Gengar has the slighty edge. By level-up, Crobat gets Screech, Cross Poison, Acrobatics and (if that's your thing) Confuse Ray. Gengar gets Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond and Dark Pulse which is redundant as it has the same coverage as Shadow Ball with equal BP but no STAB.

Breeding net's Gengar moves like Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb, Crobat get's U-Turn or Zen Headbutt. Crobat can also go Special with Nasty Plot. Both are much better if you take some time to breed, if you want, PM me and I'll send you instructions on how to get them amazing movesets.

Lol i actually use both on my team and i don't see any disadvantages with that. Usually i always have them in my playthroughs. Just dig up a spooky plate and put on Gengar, teach Crobat acrobatics (put don't five him any items) and you will be amazed at how much damage they deal when used corectly

Pretty much all of Gengar's coverage comes from currently unobtainable TMs (breeding aside). Although Destiny Bond should definitely be taken into account, as it's... well, Destiny Bond. Most people don't care to win that way, though.

Crobat is the better choice, so far as strictly level-up movepool goes.

Yeah seems like we're all on the same page if I don't breed and even then it seems like Crobat kind of wins since this game doesn't have great tms. Sucks cause Gengar ignores three types completely but seeing as the only type left he'd ignore is ground 1/3 of which ground types learn a dark physical move I think that is pretty much outweighed. Thanks for the feedback peeps. Crobat and his cool X shaped-ness is gonna stay on my bomb squad.

P.S don't know how to pin or solved topics so, if someone knows how. Please do that.

Yeah seems like we're all on the same page if I don't breed and even then it seems like Crobat kind of wins since this game doesn't have great tms. Sucks cause Gengar ignores three types completely but seeing as the only type left he'd ignore is ground 1/3 of which ground types learn a dark physical move I think that is pretty much outweighed. Thanks for the feedback peeps. Crobat and his cool X shaped-ness is gonna stay on my bomb squad.

P.S don't know how to pin or solved topics so, if someone knows how. Please do that.

Real answer: Get Drapion