Noel

Palpatine

Hello everyone, while browsing the forums and youtube i've noticed a couple of people have been ocasionally complaining about beating Noel and his normal types so i wanted to share my expiriance with that battle. O
So the battle is in front of Charlotte's sister's house and the field is full of bloom. When i was facing him i was even lucky enough to have a sunny weather, but that's not a requirement. Having Flame Burst and Flamethrower on my Arcanine i just started it off with Flame Burst, setting the field on fire and knocking his first pokemon out. Now on the next turn his pokemon was burned and Arcanine's Flash Fire raised the power of his fire type moves, add that to the blazing field i just set on fire, the sunny weather and the STAB i basicly almost OHKed his entire team.
So yea that's a nice little strategy for this guy, hope it's helpfull for someone :D

Am I the only one who thinks Grassy Terrain amplifying fire moves is kinda stupid?

It would only be stupid if it weren't a one shot scenario, meaning that only if the Grassy field wouldn't be destroyed after using a fire-type move.

but since it is a one shot scenario, it makes a helluva lot a sense. you can figure out why on your own, but here's a hint:

Fire needs... Oxygen, Fuel, and heat.

the more of these things a fire has, the stronger it will burn.

It would only be stupid if it weren't a one shot scenario

You know it isn't a one shot scenario right?

Uh, basically fire type moves (regardless of the attack) will always deal 1.5x damage against pokemon on the ground in a grassy field. As many times as you like. I guess this can probably be explained by the fact that pokemon aren't going to realistically stand on the same spot all battle.

You wanna know what's truly broken in the game at the moment though? Flash fire Typhlosion with eruption (now conveniently available from the move relearner) standing in a grassy field. Gee freakin' gee. After the first use the field transforms into a burning field which then amplifies Typhlosion's fire type moves and activates flash fire all at the same time. If I remember correctly it gives eruption at full health over 500 base power on a neutral hit.

Edited by Sheep

Hello everyone, while browsing the forums and youtube i've noticed a couple of people have been ocasionally complaining about beating Noel and his normal types so i wanted to share my expiriance with that battle. O

So the battle is in front of Charlotte's sister's house and the field is full of bloom. When i was facing him i was even lucky enough to have a sunny weather, but that's not a requirement. Having Flame Burst and Flamethrower on my Arcanine i just started it off with Flame Burst, setting the field on fire and knocking his first pokemon out. Now on the next turn his pokemon was burned and Arcanine's Flash Fire raised the power of his fire type moves, add that to the blazing field i just set on fire, the sunny weather and the STAB i basicly almost OHKed his entire team.

So yea that's a nice little strategy for this guy, hope it's helpfull for someone :D

You do realize that only worked because you got a Fire Pokemon (with Flash Fire) right? What would happen if you didn't have Arcanine?

I just went with Toxic Spikes and Sludge wave the field with Garbodor, Used Greninja's Smack Down with the given Poison Boost, Tailwind was still on my Noivern to out speed Staraptor, and Clear Smogged Clefable with Garbodor.

The only hard part for me was fighting Porygon, since he had signal beam and psychic and his hidden power I think is ground which takes out my Ampharos, Blaziken, Crobat, Krookodile and Gothitelle. Took me some strategy to overcome such an unconvenient moveset.

You know it isn't a one shot scenario right?

Uh, basically fire type moves (regardless of the attack) will always deal 1.5x damage against pokemon on the ground in a grassy field. As many times as you like. I guess this can probably be explained by the fact that pokemon aren't going to realistically stand on the same spot all battle.

You wanna know what's truly broken in the game at the moment though? Flash fire Typhlosion with eruption (now conveniently available from the move relearner) standing in a grassy field. Gee freakin' gee. After the first use the field transforms into a burning field which then amplifies Typhlosion's fire type moves and activates flash fire all at the same time. If I remember correctly it gives eruption at full health over 500 base power on a neutral hit.

Funny how even plain grass is more OP than grass - the type.

Well...so it isn't a one shot hit... Well in my defense, it's only logical for one to have assumed that it was... It would make sense, thinking that using a fire type move on an overgrown field would scorch everything and neutralize the Field's effect. Though I guess a "Burning Field" rather than a "Scorched Field" is also a somewhat logical outcome of such a course of Action.

Edited by Stratos

You do realize that only worked because you got a Fire Pokemon (with Flash Fire) right? What would happen if you didn't have Arcanine?

well of course :o that was kinda the point since i assume that most people have that event growlithe in their party or another flash fire user

So it's like just one of the solutions if someone's having trouble, not the 'right' one :D

I beat him back when Field Effects didn't even exist in the game.

I used a strategy called Perseverance and another one called Observation, as well as a third one called Preparation.

Those three will take you far in Reborn. Best to learn them early on.

Edited by Stratos

I beat him back when Field Effects didn't even exist in the game.

I used a strategy called Perseverance and another one called Observation, as well as a third one called Preparation.

Those three will take you far in Reborn. Best to learn them early on.

Preparation is the best strategy there is (i often use it myself ^_^)

• 1 month later...